Foreword: although the old post below is still a fair appraisal for totally manual translation, we're looking for possible translation leads who have existing experience with Elder Scrolls or Fallout modding or translation to see if we can establish a crowd-sourced process that still compiles.
If that sounds like you, please contact egrets on the Skywind Discord!
I've been getting a lot of sporadic requests to translate skywind over the last year. So here is the central place to ask questions and get resources but before going into this I want to make one thing really clear:
No one on the Skywind team is interested in helping with translations
This is not because we don't think it's a worthwhile task, or that your language isn't valid, but just because of the mountain of work it is and the unlikely chance of any translations to be completed unless you have some coding skills for auto-translating at least part of the dialogue.
Some facts before you commit to trying:
1. Skywind has roughly 40,000 lines. Let that number sink in. not 4,000, not 10,000 not 20,000 ----- 40,000 lines. Oh and that doesn't include multiple segments to a line which means a single line can run into the high hundreds of words.
2. No one else has gotten even a few hundred lines done in any language and you are unlikely to be able to find other people to help
3. The best way forward would be to use a translation program to auto-translate. If your language does not normally translate easily from English with the current best software (google most likely), then I really wouldn't try - you'll get frustrated and quit.
4. Once translated with a program - you still need to pick through the lines. This alone will take probably about 1 year of your time working semi-consistently on it.
5. Merging it into the main project. This is the easy step and I WOULD help you if you manage to get this far but I'd ask you to do some research into this: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes5Mod:String_Table_File_Format
6. Made it this far? Think you have the technical and grammatical know-how to do this? Then you'll want to work off of this document:
Good Luck you crazy people.
Remember, we won't help anyone inquiring with "How Tos", you have to really show that you can do this on your own before I'll consider helping out as it is otherwise a waste of time I could be spending on getting stuff done on the main project. Just how it is.