20 posts / 0 new
Last post
LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Skywind Ending Cutscene | LASentry

Hey guys, here's the first rough copy of my remake the Morrowind ending cutscene. Please note that the transition between the sky and the ashlands shot is meant to be a clear fade, but I kept getting weird blue and red lines in Sony Vegas, so I ended up making it a black fade, for now. Also, since we don't have an Azura model, I just made a temporary dark elf NPC... I know, but I can always re-record those scenes with an updated model. Some of the cinematics will also be redone because they are stand-ins.

Watch it on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxPYPdLzaN8

In-game version: https://www.mediafire.com/?zpm46xpehvu6ka3

Edited by: grumpycat on 03/14/2014 - 21:56
Sjors Boomschors
Sjors Boomschors's picture
Contributor
The movie looks good, but

The movie looks good, but only the end of the movie stopped abrupt.

AndrewAllStars
AndrewAllStars's picture
Looks great, Glad to see that

Looks great,

Glad to see that things are finally starting to come together as a whole. Plenty of things to keep players busy in Skywind at present!

Ravanna
Ravanna's picture
Contributor
Donor
awesome but annoyingly will

awesome but annoyingly will need updating as we update environments.
Have u saved the camera paths or video structure in anyway to save work?

So how do wee need Azura to look?

Shushine
Shushine's picture
Contributor
Ravanna wrote: So how do wee

Ravanna wrote:

So how do wee need Azura to look?

Huh, thats a good question...Hopefully we'll come up with something cool 

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Yup, I have all of the shots

Yup, I have all of the shots sorted out and it will be easy to make another version. For Azura, hmm, well do the same as what happened with Dagoth Ur, just a much better, higher quality model - I guess. The dress needs to be more spectacular and ornate than the original, I think.

bluesausage
bluesausage's picture
Could take inspiration from
Could take inspiration from her statue in skyrim.
SikSikSikki
SikSikSikki's picture
I vote for a mix between the

I vote for a mix between the dress seen in Tribunal and the dress seen on the statue on Skyrim. The hood kinda makes her seem more mysterious. And you could use the animations from Nocturnal from Skyrim for when she actually shows up, as it resembles the pose she makes in Tribunal.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Cool idea, download link has

Cool idea, download link has been added for in-game.

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Yeah nice job, but I look at

Yeah nice job, but I look at all the unfinished (not final) everything, so you'll need to re-do it, but you have it down I'm sure

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Yeah that's what I said

Yeah that's what I said multiple times... :P

Tajnarasha
Tajnarasha's picture
It's very nice to see this

It's very nice to see this nonetheless. Progress big and small is always fun - and this is a cutscene I'm sure many of us feel very nostalgic about ;)

I can't wait to see how Dagoth/Azura/Vivec will look too!

Dragomir
Dragomir's picture
Contributor
Hm, I think it is a good

Hm, I think it is a good moment to put our yesterday's idea into some thread. So, we were talking in the dev chat, just a speculation - but we agreed that it would be pretty awesome to change up a few things in Morrowind's main quest ending to make it more spectacular.

So, my idea was that after we kill Dagoth Ur, we run away from falling Akula Khan. However, unlike in vanilla Morrowind, we would not make it. Some debree would fall on us, or a bridge would collapse under our feet and we'd black out and think we're dead.

Then, we would wake up, having no HUD and inventory access, in Moonshadow - the realm of Azura. (I can work on the location design). While we walk a stone path through her godly gardens, seeing red roses in blue light, and silver structures against a sky full of stars, we'd reach her throne. There she would seat (I could design her looks and dress too), and give us that speech.

In a little pond that would be placed before her throne, scenes from your cutscene would appear as she speaks, the Ghostfence, and all the others (so we'd basically watch the cutscene in her pond of fate).

In the end, she'd give us the ring with the words "take this from the hands of a god". We'd black out again, wake up barely alive in the debree, thinking that it must've been a dream, but we would still have the ring.

So, what do you think guys? Would all that be worth the effort? I would really think so, as some people are complaining about Morrowind ending being a bit underwhelming after all the work we'd have done.

Ravanna
Ravanna's picture
Contributor
Donor
visually it would be worth

visually it would be worth it, but can it be coded such?

Dragomir
Dragomir's picture
Contributor
I think most of it would be

I think most of it would be possible to code (see Sovngarde), I'm only not sure about the images in the pond.

MCGONN
MCGONN's picture
Keep in mind that the PC

Keep in mind that the PC would need to be mostly blind during that sequence, due to the Moonshadow of lore being literally blindingly beautiful. I like the idea though. :)

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
As far as the pond I'd think

As far as the pond I'd think you'd have to have the camera zoom so that it takes up the whole screen then you can roll the scenes. You put a ripple effect over the camera so that it looks like you are viewing in water

LOTR The Fellowship of the Ring -The Mirror of Galadriel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZautQ0yhm4

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
Dragomir wrote: some people

Dragomir wrote:

some people are complaining about Morrowind ending being a bit underwhelming after all the work we'd have done.

Having implemented it, I have to say the end of skywind is pretty underwhelming for now (no explosion, no model for heart of lorkan) :s

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
That sounds really cool, and

That sounds really cool, and I thought for the knocked down animation we could use the one from Dragonborn when Miraak pushes you over and you see your hands on the ground.

Tajnarasha
Tajnarasha's picture
I absolutely love this idea!

I absolutely love this idea! It always seemed odd to me that there was never any sort of divine intervention by Azura during the battle at the heart considering how powerful she is. The Neravarine fulfilling the prophecy and the Daedra saving her champion from his/her demise seem like a fitting climax for all the characters. Also this would be a great opportunity for some creative input by the modders to determine how Azura's realm could look. 

This along with the disturbing dream sequences are definitely things that should be implemented in Skywind :)