Pages

583 posts / 0 new
Last post
BausicProductions
BausicProductions's picture
ok here are some things for

ok here are some things for the google doc:

The Ascadian Isles Night track has the wrong soundcloud link here is the right one : https://soundcloud.com/nicklas-bauske/calm-piano-track-trans...

here is the soundcloud link for the west gash night theme as requested: https://soundcloud.com/nicklas-bauske/west-gash-night-theme

PS: I like to write medieval melodies and I would love to write something in that style for Ebonheart is that ok? ;)

Tajnarasha
Tajnarasha's picture
Edited accordingly in the

Edited accordingly in the sheet. 

Ebonheart was assigned to Therion - you'll have to talk to him if you want to contribute to the composition of that city. There was definitely a bit of an Imperial sound to the song I'd like you to work on for the fighter's guild. Considering the guild is an Imperial faction however, this isn't out of place (it is also why the Oblivion-reminiscent theme of the Mage's Guild was fine) - I have also assigned you to the West Gash since your song was already in place for it. Let me know if you would like to work on that or if you would rather let someone else take on that region. 

BausicProductions
okay I will do West gash I

okay I will do West gash I didn't know Ebonheart was already assigned ;)

Matt94
Matt94's picture
Thank you no problem.yes i

Thank you no problem.yes i have played Morrowind and of course i have listen to the Morrowind OST.About the region,i don't now,sure not the tribal sound for the camps...i think a lot of my tracks can be used in cities or as ambient,and i have done also a couple of battle track.Maybe i can re-upload on youtube and re-name it for Skywind.

mraetzelmedia
mraetzelmedia's picture
Count me in on that as well.

Count me in on that as well. I received an invite on Skype, but do not know how to access it. Also, how do I access the google doc?

plektron
plektron's picture
@mraetzel

@mraetzel

if u've got a google account you just need to click the link and if some1 has granted u permission U#ll be able to view it and stuff.

as for the skype invite. i still need to get one. thanks in advance ;)

mraetzelmedia
mraetzelmedia's picture
Thanks plektron, I don't

Thanks plektron, I don't think I got a google invite, I just got dropbox access. Can someone send me the link? mraetzelmusic@gmail.com

Marius S.
Marius S.'s picture
Contributor
I'll just say it here again,

I'll just say it here again, I'd like to try to compose the Balmora pieces. :)

Actually Harry Andre would like to do that. So maybe I could be assigned to Ald'ruhn? That would be nice.

mraetzelmedia
mraetzelmedia's picture
Hey guys! I revised the Molag

Hey guys! I revised the Molag Amur track to make it a bit darker. More bass, more male choir. The only place I kept soprano choir in is at the end, as I feel the ending sounds unsettling as is. But let me know what you all think! Enjoy :)

https://soundcloud.com/mraetzel/skywind-molag-amur-revisions
teslightreturn
teslightreturn's picture
Hello guys, Id like to chime

Hello guys, Id like to chime in and help out with some questions being asked:

mraetzelmedia
I added you to my contacts on skype, but you need to confirm the contact request before I can add you into the music team chat.

Marius
Im already working with Sharm, Lisek, and Dragomir on the Ald'ruhn/Ashlands areas. I can send you some of the things I am working on and you could see what you think! I'd love suggestions if youd like to help. I'll place them into a Redoran folder in the Dropbox.

Plektron
Please PM with your email address and your skype account name in order to be admitted to the music team chat, and given dropbox access :)

mraetzelmedia
mraetzelmedia's picture
@teslightreturn, thanks! I

@teslightreturn, thanks! I confirmed your request.

Tajnarasha
Tajnarasha's picture
Matt

Matt

That's great man. Maybe you could sample specific tracks for us to listen to so we can approve on which is more appropriate. Ideally we'd like to create original content for Skywind however, so while we could use one of your songs as a base, we really want to make this OST as cohesive as possible. Your stuff is great though, so I have no worries :)

Mraetzel

Consider yourself assigned to Molag Amur. This piece was perfect. 

Symmachus23
Symmachus23's picture
Hi, so I introduced myself on

Hi, so I introduced myself on the wrong part of this forum last night, and was redirected here, so let's try again!  My name Jon, or Symmachus... I'm a composer, vocalist, percussionist, arranger, and amateur recording artist.  Most of my experience with recording is vocals and guitars, and I have a great deal of experience mixing and composing in MIDI.

To test the waters, here is an example of some of my work (I'm still very new to this sound cloud business).  The idea was something festive-ish from Ashlander culture.

https://soundcloud.com/wolgang-s/ashlands

BausicProductions
I made my first try on the

I made my first try on the west gash day theme. I took parts of the night track, gave it more movement with the addition of a harp to make it fit better for daylight exploration.

This is a rough sketch of the final track: https://soundcloud.com/nicklas-bauske/west-gash-day-theme-fi...

Tajnarasha
Tajnarasha's picture
Symmachus

Symmachus

Welcome, and thanks for your song. While I don't think it is appropriate for Morrowind, it's nice to see someone new. Have you given the Morrowind original soundtrack a listen? It will help give you a good sense of direction as to where we want to go with this project, musically speaking. Remember that Morrowind isn't the happiest place when we play through the story - the Sixth house is rising, people are losing their minds and swearing allegiance to a mad god. There wouldn't be much room for celebration.

Bausic

I liked the idea of your track, however I'm not sure how appropriate this would be for exploration. It is less mesmerizing and ambient than other tracks we've done for regions so I could almost see this fitting a tavern or city better than the West Gash. I like the guitar elements, and you could certainly incorporate them in a longer track but since this is all I have to go on for now I'd say add a little more atmosphere to this one. 

BausicProductions
yeah I plan to implement

yeah I plan to implement strings and woodwinds, maybe a little brass ;)

Therion_Prime
Therion_Prime's picture
@ Tajnarasha

@ Tajnarasha

Uh, why are suddenly all normal battle slots filled? I'm working on one since page 2 of this thread. I'll attach the old preview again. What do we do now?

AttachmentSize
Audio icon skywind_battle_preview.mp32.32 MB
Sharm
Sharm's picture
BausicProductions wrote:

BausicProductions wrote:

I made my first try on the west gash day theme. I took parts of the night track, gave it more movement with the addition of a harp to make it fit better for daylight exploration.

This is a rough sketch of the final track: https://soundcloud.com/nicklas-bauske/west-gash-day-theme-fi...

Arghhh! I love this!

Tajnarasha
Tajnarasha's picture
Therion

Therion

You may want to check your glasses, mr ;)

Therion_Prime
Therion_Prime's picture
Tajnarasha wrote:

Tajnarasha wrote:

Therion

You may want to check your glasses, mr ;)

Haha, nice one!

teslightreturn
teslightreturn's picture
Here we go guys, the

Here we go guys, the Nerevarine battle theme as it stands right now. Ive got to give a ton of credit to both Lisek and Sharm for lending their vocal talent to this piece, they did an amazing job adding that finishing touch. It may end up changing, but I feel like I've gotten it to a pretty good place to show you guys:

The Godkiller

Symmachus23
Symmachus23's picture
Tajnarasha

Tajnarasha

Thank you very much for the critique.  That gives me an idea of what direction to go in.  I am very glad to help where possible.

Antti_Mikael
Antti_Mikael's picture
Hi all,

Hi all,

here's my new song for houses and homes. I would like you to imagine walking slowly through these dark rooms, dimly lit with candles and oil lamps; floors and walls covered with what looks like Persian carpets; air filled with spices and incenses.

https://soundcloud.com/anttimikael/welcome-stranger

What do you think?

(edit: fixed typo in the Soundcloud address)

tommythegun
tommythegun's picture
Contributor
teslightreturn, Therion,

teslightreturn, Therion, Lisek, Sharm - I love you all.

Varro Zinn
Varro Zinn's picture
The Godkiller is

The Godkiller is astonishingly great! I love it as a whole, yet the part from 1:40 is so captivating! It really screams out Nerevarine. It has its own appeal yet reminds me of the original theme, great stuff! Keep that coming! I would really buy an OST like this. Morrowind was so great. Nostalgy. And as I am a hobby singer myself, I must bow before Lisek and Sharm, very well done!

Liz Katrin
Liz Katrin's picture
Contributor
Hi Guys!
Tajnarasha
Tajnarasha's picture
Appropriately haunting as

Appropriately haunting as always, Liz. Sent chills down my spine. 

Symmachus23
Symmachus23's picture
K, so here's another swing at

K, so here's another swing at it with two different ideas (Both still need some development and a little better mixing on my part).  I'm mostly concerned with whether or not either of these are more in the right direction or are usable.

https://soundcloud.com/wolgang-s/ashland-exploration

https://soundcloud.com/wolgang-s/the-road-to-deathshend

BausicProductions
I tried to follow jeremy

I tried to follow Jeremy Soules style a little bit more with this exploration track what's your opinion? ;) https://soundcloud.com/nicklas-bauske/orchestral-exploration...

ZeroSbr
ZeroSbr's picture
BausicProductions wrote:

BausicProductions wrote:

I tried to follow Jeremy Soules style a little bit more with this exploration track what's your opinion? ;) https://soundcloud.com/nicklas-bauske/orchestral-exploration...

This sounds great! My only concern is the very end. It randomly picks up a new tune then ends.

BausicProductions
ZeroSbr wrote:

ZeroSbr wrote:

This sounds great! My only concern is the very end. It randomly picks up a new tune then ends.

Oops I transposed it and forgot the last chord ! Thanks for noticing :D

Liz Katrin
Liz Katrin's picture
Contributor
Here's a version of

Here's a version of Teslightreturn's Godkiller with my vocals

https://soundcloud.com/liz-katrin/teslightreturns-godkiller-with

Twisted Logic
Twisted Logic's picture
Those vocals were the perfect

Those vocals were the perfect touch to push a great track to epic proportions (it should be noted that I don't use that word lightly).

Smitehammer
Smitehammer's picture
Contributor
Dayumn but do I love those

Dayumn but do I love those lungs yours!

Liz Katrin
Liz Katrin's picture
Contributor
I've created vocals for Devin

I've created vocals for Devin's 'sandy' Ashlands:

https://soundcloud.com/liz-katrin/devin-polaskis-ashlands-with

Tajnarasha
Tajnarasha's picture
Hi people! Sorry I haven't

Hi people! Sorry I haven't been as active lately - I've been going through a few interviews lately and have been swamped with work. I still monitor this daily and have been keeping up to date in our private Skype chat and been happy to see activity is still going strong. I'd encourage composers and musicians who make big updates to post their material here so people can view it. Looking at you Light - this new version of Godkiller is awesome ;)

Symmachus

Please refer to Soule's work or our own spreadsheet for work. It'll give you a lot of direction for where to go with your sound and how to make your pieces fit with the ones already in place. Currently I don't feel that either of your tracks are at that level yet.

Bausic

A great piece as usual, mr! Did you have a specific location in mind for it? I know you were working on something for the West Gash, would this be for it as well?

Liz

Now those are quite the epic vocals. You may want to check in the dropbox for Light's new take on Godkiller though -  the new piece is a lot more subdued so that it may be used for regular rights rather than a boss theme. Speaking of which, I believe I added you on skype. You should log on sometime so we can get some dialog going between you and the other composers. The ashlander chant song is seriously hypnotizing! I could really hear the vocals play during an important part of the game like when the four tribes finally recognize the player as the Nerevarine. It has an appropriately prophetic and nigh-celebratory ring to it. I like! 

Harry Andre
Harry Andre's picture
Wow! I haven't checked in

Wow! I haven't checked in here for a while. Devin and Liz, amazing job on Ashlands!

Taj, I'd like some feedback on the combat track. I don't have it on soundcloud yet so you need to check dropbox and skype for details. Take your time though, you seem to have a lot going on. Just letting you know since skype chat can flooded pretty fast :P

BausicProductions
Tajnarasha

Tajnarasha

I would like to use it for west Gash but if you have locations that would fit better to the track I will also accept them ;)

Smerk
Smerk's picture
Hey Bausic I love your music

Hey Bausic I love your music but is there a way you could make it so the strings don't cut off so suddenly on your last piece, it sounds a little to digital with the strings cutting off like that if ya ask me. I do like the song as a whole though. :)

BausicProductions
Tajnarasha, Smerk

Tajnarasha, Smerk

I fixed the last chord and made the ending smoother ;) https://soundcloud.com/nicklas-bauske/orchestral-exploration...

Smerk
Smerk's picture
Hmm it still sorta sounds

Hmm it still sorta sounds like the strings in the background still have that hard dip man. It's the worst at the start. there was another instrument that was doing it at the end but you can't hear it to much but those strings at the start are killian me man  . I don't know if ya can fix it or not it might be just the sample though.

Liz Katrin
Liz Katrin's picture
Contributor
Thank you guys

Thank you guys
The Godkiller and Ashlands are amazing and that's why I made vocals to it. I am so glad you feel the energy I wanted to pass while creating the vocals...

Tajnarasha

Thanks for adding me on skype, but I rarely can be available there... I am much more accessible by email

MrDeucer
MrDeucer's picture
Hello everyone, My name is

Hello everyone, My name is Cole and I heard about this project and I wanna get on board in anyway I can. I may be limited since I'm still not quite in college yet and don't have much funds ect. But I have been playing guitar for 7-8 years now and maybe it can be useful. Although I don't have the money to buy a top notch composing software, I can make some very old english sounding acoustic guitar mixes for subtle background music if your looking for that sort of thing.  Now I admit, I  have never played morrowind, But have always really wanted to and ever since i saw your trailers I've wanted to more than ever. So if you want just some subtle, background stuff, im willing to learn different styles for this project. So any feedback is appreciated, and if I cant help here I do have a little experience in the cration kit as well, so you can point me in that dirrection. Thanks!

Tim Grabowski
Tim Grabowski's picture
Hi everyone. My name is Tim

Hi everyone. My name is Tim Grabowski. I'm a composer from Germany. I just recenty heard about this project and I think you're doing an amazing job! If possible, I'd like to help with the music for this project. 
I made a little exploration track for demonstration:
https://soundcloud.com/tim-grabowski/exploration-demo

Any feedback is very much appreciated.
Keep up the awesome work, everyone!

Liz Katrin
Liz Katrin's picture
Contributor
Hi Tim

Hi Tim

Your Exploration track is very good  I like especially the harp which makes it all so light and bright...

Cheers!

Tim Grabowski
Tim Grabowski's picture
Thank you very much, Liz. I

Thank you very much, Liz. I made it in a bit of a rush. To be honest, I don't like it very much. It doesn't have that TES feeling, I'm afraid. I have much more time next week and I will try to make something a bit more fitting with the theme of Morrowind. Thanks again for the nice feedback! 

Liz Katrin
Liz Katrin's picture
Contributor
There goes my new song:https:
The Little Nobody
The Little Nobody's picture
Hello,

Hello,

Are there any singing roles available?  (Bards, etc.)  If so, I can definitely try one of them out!  If there are, I'll post some samples of me singing.

Tajnarasha
Tajnarasha's picture
Bausic

Bausic

I really like this exploration theme and have set it as the West Gash day track for now. If you would like to expand it, I'd encourage you to inspire yourself from locations like the badlands and the grand canyon/arizona to draw a musical picture of the West Gash. While your piece is headed in a good direction, it would be nice to give it a sense of identity by drawing elements from those places to fuel it. Good job :)

Tim

Welcome! And that was a very impressive sample. There was definitely a clear Elder Scrolls feel to that melody which seemed appropriate for nights on Vvardenfell. Have you considered taking on a space of speaking to one of our composers assigned to the project? There is a lot of material to cover and your skills would be welcomed by many I'm sure. If you wish to join our Skype group I would encourage you to share your contact information with me so I can add you to the mix. 

Liz

I wasn't expecting a Tribunal piece so soon! This was beautiful and haunting all at once - a very appropriate sound for the Lady of Mercy. That being said, I also think this could be an amazing piece for when the Nerevarine is sent to Holamayan and we see it open for the first time. Considering that Holamayan is literally a monastery for the exiled dissident priests who are on the hunt, the air of sadness and serenity of your music is all the more impactful for this scene in particular. I say this because Tribunal is a ways away and I'd hate for this piece to be forgotten over the months it'll take us to make it to that point. If you don't object to it I'd love to set this one under ''Holamayan'' in the sheet ;)

Nobody

Hello, and welcome! We always seek talented vocalists and definitely could use your talents for many songs. Just show us a little of what you can do and our composers will be sure to come in contact with you ;)

Liz Katrin
Liz Katrin's picture
Contributor
Tajnarasha

Tajnarasha

I'm glad you like it.
Feel free to use it wherever you need it

Everybody

Here is Trollsdragomir's The Goddess of Dawn and Dusk with my vocals (hope you like it):
https://soundcloud.com/liz-katrin/trolldragomirs-the-goddess-of

Pages

Topic locked