583 posts / 0 new
Last post
Liz Katrin
Liz Katrin's picture
Contributor
Harry Andre Hello! I really

Harry Andre

Hello!
I really don't know what happened, but indeed, there is a "Page not found" when you click on the links with my songs... I will try to see what's happened...

Tajnarasha told me to create an account on SoundCloud and I hope my music will be available soon...

Cheers!
Liz Katrin

mraetzelmedia
mraetzelmedia's picture
Lisek, thank you! I'm so glad

Lisek, thank you! I'm so glad you like! 

DevinPolaski
DevinPolaski's picture
Great stuff mraetzrel and

Great stuff mraetzrel and Armin  :D

Tajnarasha
Tajnarasha's picture
Announcement Those of you who

Announcement

Those of you who have uploaded your songs directly into the site or otherwise, I urge you to create a soundcloud account immediately as I am unable to download or listen to a lot of material that was previously submitted. I am in soundcloud as Tajnarasha, if you do not want to make your material downloadable publicly I believe you can set it for certain people only. 

Scaper

While it was pretty, the composition seemed a tad too simple and mechanical to really stand out to me. There are hundreds of amazing covers of that song on the piano all over youtube - do a little bit of research on the sort of arrangements people use to try and make a truly beautiful rendition of this theme which many people hold to heart.  Even the music we used in our trailer had some gorgeous piano bits for Nerevar Rising https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYN3rnQKapo

Mraetzelmedia

Those are some mightily impressive tracks, mr! The battle music may have been a little tad too frantic for an Elder Scroll title, but they obviously show that you're a very talented composer. The exploration songs you've provided, on the other hand, are perfect! The Wandering forest sounds like something pulled straight out of Soule's repertoire. City Streets was equally as appropriate and I was floored by the Forgotten Temple. I would be ready to use any of these three tracks if you expanded them to make them a little more exploration-appropriate.

Armin

Guten tag! I definitely recognize some of the classic Morrowind battle music in there. Considering that a lot of our battle-tracks have been more on the epic side, this is the kind of song we currently need for normal encounters. I’d perhaps expand it a tiny bit, and focus on sampling a few better sounds as a couple of your strings sound less natural than the rest of your melody. This is great work!

mraetzelmedia
mraetzelmedia's picture
Thanks

Thanks everyone! 

Tajnarasha, thank you very much for the kind words! City Streets and Wandering The Forests are actually licensed works of mine. However, if you'd like to use them for the game, you are most certainly welcome to. Forgotten Temple was just written as a demo, and is not licensed. So it could most certainly be used if you wish. I'd love to write some new work that has that same feel too. Whatever you feel is best, so let me know what you want to do.

I also want to throw an idea at you really quick. I noticed you mentioned in the slot of music that you need a main titles track. I wrote an updated version of the Morrowind theme today. You may use this track if you like it. Just let me know! It's a bit bigger sounding, as it features a choir and some big percussion. Here's a link to listen below:

https://soundcloud.com/mraetzel/skywind-theme-main-titles

Thanks! And great work everyone!

plektron
plektron's picture
Amazing!

Amazing!

MatthewShine
MatthewShine's picture
Hello all, my name is Matthew

Hello all, my name is Matthew Shine and I've been invited by SquallyDaBeanZ to help compose for Skywind!

I've composed for Elder Scrolls fans such as the ShoddyCast, The RatzCast, projects such as Beyond Skyrim, Luftahraan, and I'm currently working on The Repopulation.

So to start things off with my part of the soundtrack for Skywind, I created a very ambient piece. The type of ambience found in Skyrim with a little bit of Morrowind mixed in. 

(Envision the ambient sounds of rain falling... or the wind blowing, world sounds like that etc)

https://soundcloud.com/matthew-john-shine/skywind-ambience-t1

Hope everyone enjoys :)

Harry Andre
Harry Andre's picture
Alright, first of all I don't

Alright, first of all I don't know how I missed the "...20-30% chance..." of the tracks playing across Morrowind's regions. That's so cool! I hope I can improve it even more and make you stick with that thought, Tajnarasha! :)

And also, That1cactus, great job! And excellent track choice. One of my favorites! :D

Now, I uploaded "The Road Most Traveled" (that I keep spelling "traveled" half of the times and "travelled" the other half :P ) on SoundCloud.
https://soundcloud.com/harryandremusic/from-seyda-neen-to-ba...

And also, I uploaded my battle theme. It still needs EQ/Mastering fixes, especially to bring out the percussion more, I think, but I'll get to that if the track fits!
Hopefully it's not too much... I guess it's meant for a boss fight, but you can figure this out better!
https://soundcloud.com/harryandremusic/boss-battle-theme-sky...

Tajnarasha
Tajnarasha's picture
Good work everyone! We're on

Good work everyone! We're on fire in this department and it's great to see so many new enthusiastic people to contribute. I cannot wait to see what kind of material will come out soon. I'm especially psyched about the collaborations we have going on at the moment! :)

mraetzelmedia

Like I said I'd be tremendously interested in using your songs if you were willing to expand them a little. As of now a 3 minute song for exploration would become very repetitive if you kept to the same area for an extended period of time, even if it was an alternate. Ideally I would like a track like this to be at least 5 minute to avoid a serious case of brain-melt in anyone who is trying to complete a quest cluster in a specific area ;)

Not a bad try on the Nerevar Rising theme, however I find that wind and brass instruments are generally better kept for Oblivion's rendition of the piece. Something with epic strings is more Morrowind's style. Try and change the instruments and perhaps we'll be a lot closer to what we're looking for in this theme. 

MatthewShine

Welcome! This track is absolutely getting a spot on the list. I like the mix of Morrowind and Skyrim, the slow piano melody is quite ethereal and reminded me a lot of the first time I saw auroras in Skyrim while keeping a lot of the magic that Soule brought in the music for Vvardenfell. Beyond that your song sounds old, deep and calm. Your idea of rain just made the imagery of Sheogorad all the more appropriate. Squally has a keen eye for talent. Pressure's on mr, I'll be expecting great things from you!

Harry

Thanks for uploading your music to soundcloud; I've updated the Road from Seyda Neen to Balmora in the OP. 

I found your boss battle music a little lower quality than your other submission in its current state. I also think it would be a good idea to tone down on the franticness of the piece. Listen to some of Morrowind's combat tracks, and you'll see that most of them had very distinguished war drums, but not as consistent string movements as your song. I'd invite you to pull away from the ''Boss fight'' mentality and turn this into a regular combat piece. You immediately start with a large part of your orchestra. Have a powerful instrument open the piece, but work your way to a climax, instead of being on a constant high and having a peak near the end. Use different movements and variations throughout to give the track more depth and movement. See example here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spbzhHFhLMk

Hope this helps! 

mraetzelmedia
mraetzelmedia's picture
Thanks Tajnarasha! I will

Thanks Tajnarasha! I will play around with those pieces and get back to you. On the theme, are you looking for more of a warm tone, and less of an epic tone? The reason I ask is because there are a great deal of winds and brass in the original theme, actually way more so than what I used in my arrangement.

MatthewShine, excellent job!

MatthewShine
MatthewShine's picture
Thank you very much, I'll try

Thank you very much, I'll try my best not to disappoint. Glad to see I hit the nail on the head :) 

Awesome work to the others as well!

Thanks again.

Liz Katrin
Liz Katrin's picture
Contributor
Hi everyone! You are

Hi everyone!
You are welcome to listen to some of my Skyrim pieces here:

https://soundcloud.com/liz-katrin/skywind-tribal

https://soundcloud.com/liz-katrin/skywind-whispers

I will be adding more soon... 

Ravanna
Ravanna's picture
Contributor
Donor
lisek, your

lisek, your voice?

beautiful for exploring haunting places like ashlands  <3

Sharm
Sharm's picture
For reference my soundcloud

For reference my soundcloud is https://soundcloud.com/sharmie

Harry Andre
Harry Andre's picture
Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for the feedback Tajnarasha!
Yes, the mix is quite rough. Well, I was sceptical about that constant rhythmic and excitement too. So, I'll see if I can keep anything from this track, otherwise I'll start something from scratch. :)

Liz, enchanting stuff! Waiting for more!

Liz Katrin
Liz Katrin's picture
Contributor
Harry Andre, I just love your

Harry Andre, I just love your Boss Battle Theme...

Ravanna, I'm so happy you can feel the tribal mood of the Ashlands in my music... Thanx

Sharm, thanks for sharing more. I can see that we both like gothic and medieval moods...

BausicProductions
BausicProductions's picture
this wasn't composed for

this wasn't composed for skywind but i think it has some melodies That could fit into the game can you give me some advice how I could work it into a "morrowind-fitting" style? ;)

https://soundcloud.com/nicklas-bauske/calm-piano-track

Smitehammer
Smitehammer's picture
Contributor
I like the harp used in the

I like the harp used in the exploration.  Harps and lutes seem to work well for Morrowind, piano doesn't really fit.  Since Morrowi d has a south Asian influence (I even know an Indian guy named Vivec) I wonder if sitar or Indian reed instruments wouldn't also fit in nicely?

SquallyDaBeanz
SquallyDaBeanz's picture
Contributor
Hello everyone! I wanted to

Hello everyone!

I wanted to first start with saying how impressed I am with the music thus far. I listen to it on a daily basis while I landscape, and the inspiration that comes from it is magnificent. 

As you may know, I do a lot of promotional videos for Skywind, and I was thinking about doing a video showing samples of some ofthe music, along with concept art and some gameplay footage. If your music has been approved by Taj, and you want it featured in this video, please let me know that I have permission, along with an mp3 file of your song at SquallyDaBeanz@hotmail.com 

Keep up the great work, I look forward to hearing more!

EDIT: ALSO, if you want your song to have an original name, please submit that, if not it will be called what it is on here, like "Exploration 1" and such. Also, if you want your name and not your user name credited, please specify that as well! 

teslightreturn
teslightreturn's picture
My latest efforts. I wrote

My latest efforts. I wrote two pieces of music to be used during the day and during the evening in the same area. These two tracks are best suited for a more desert environment, or perhaps a savannah like the Grazelands? Either way, they are both very Arabic in style.

"Vivec" is supposed to capture that feeling of wanderlust that the Elder Scrolls games have, swelling up in grandure as you gaze out across the majestic savannah landscape with many adventures awaiting.

"Moon Over Vivec" is a nighttime variation: significantly more subdued but maintaining some of the same harmonic ideas here and there. I tried to capture that calm yet eerily beautiful sensation that the player felt when first looking up at the auroras in the Skyrim night sky..... except with a more Eastern tone to fit Morrowind's environment ;)

EDIT: After speaking with Taj, these two tracks will likely be used as themes for the City of Vivec

AttachmentSize
Audio icon Moon%20Over%20Vivec.mp310.34 MB
Audio icon Ash%20on%20the%20Wind.mp37.88 MB
Tajnarasha
Tajnarasha's picture
Bausic I liked the calm

Bausic

I liked the calm movement of your piece. It reminded me a lot of the piano theme found in Mass Effect 3! I also really like the change of movements at 2:10, moving it away from the slow and deliberate to the more majestic and playful. I think that as it stands it is a good fit for a night in the Ascadian Isles. Netches glowing in the dark, the torches of Vivec in the distance - your piece incorporated enough elements to make me really visualize the scene. That said - would it be possible for you to try the piece with a different instrument to try and make it more Morrowind-ish? 

Teslightreturn

To share what he and I talked in chat: I think you've just made tracks that would fit Vivec city like a glove. There is a sense of awe and majesty that echoes the sheer scope and power of the place. I can imagine the player looking over the cantons of Vivec of the High Fane and having the climax of your piece play in the background to present these mystifying areas. After a bit of expanding, these tracks will be more than ready to implement! Amazing work!

Liz Katrin
Liz Katrin's picture
Contributor
Teslightreturn Your Vivec

Teslightreturn

Your Vivec themes are fantastic! So misterious and a bit oriental...

mraetzelmedia
mraetzelmedia's picture
Wow! Amazing job everyone!

Wow! Amazing job everyone! Love the new work!

I have an exploration track idea for dusk and night time. Kind of a mix between different atmospheres. You can listen to it here:

https://soundcloud.com/mraetzel/skywind-an-ancient-dusk

​Let me know what you all think!

M

Tajnarasha
Tajnarasha's picture
Mreatzelmedia This is a great

Mreatzelmedia

This is a great night track! I have no trouble using it - my main issue is that we already have a few night tracks which all sound very similar to one-another. I want night tracks that can also catter specifically to certain regions. We haven't covered Molag Amur at all or experimented with more tribal-appropriate melodies for nights. I'd encourage you to try your hand at one of these if you can :)

DevinPolaski
DevinPolaski's picture
Lots of awesome new stuff

Lots of awesome new stuff happening! My heads starting to spin with so much great music from so many people :D

I've got a new track as well, although I'm not positive where it should go. It's very-much an exploration theme, but has several mood changes. The beginning is pretty "large" and seeming specific for a moment, but then gets quite ethereal and calm, for exploring. I'll let you all be the judge of where it might fit best:

https://soundcloud.com/devin-polaski/wanderers-epiphany-skywind

mraetzelmedia
mraetzelmedia's picture
Thanks! I will go ahead and

Thanks! I will go ahead and take a stab at Molag Amur. Do you want me to finalize this one so you guys have it on hand?

Tajnarasha
Tajnarasha's picture
Devin There are some good

Devin

There are some good elements in your piece in the strings especially. I'm either crazy or my speakers are acting up but is there a lot of panning or EQ-changes from 1:15 up to 1:30? The volume sounded very strange. The piece sounds a little too chaotic once you start introducing the more ethereal elements around 1:25, at which point it almost begins to sound like you're playing two different songs at the same time. The song becomes unified (and much stronger) again at 3:58. I'd work on this one a bit more - it sounds a little too much like Skyrim, and unfocused. Try to go in a specific direction; where do you want this to be used? What musical elements would this place evoke? Don't be afraid to message me if you want to brainstorm on it. 

Mraetzelmedia

Yes please :)

mraetzelmedia
mraetzelmedia's picture
Nice work Devin! Awesome job.

Nice work Devin! Awesome job.

DevinPolaski
DevinPolaski's picture
Thanks man! You as well -

Thanks man! You as well - your work is quite tempered; very nice. 

mraetzelmedia
mraetzelmedia's picture
Thanks man! Can't wait to

Thanks man! Can't wait to hear more work from you 

BausicProductions
BausicProductions's picture
I mastered it, tweaked the

I mastered it, tweaked the reverb and transposed it to the "morrowind theme key" ;) https://soundcloud.com/nicklas-bauske/calm-piano-track-trans...

mraetzelmedia
mraetzelmedia's picture
Ok, so here's the download

Ok, so here's the download link to the finalized version of An Ancient Dusk. Is there anyone in particular collecting the final tracks that I should send this to? And if so, who? Thanks everyone!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39622010/Matthew%20Raetz...

Samiad
Samiad's picture
Oh wow things are really

Oh wow things are really growing! Here are a few rough ideas I originally posted in Dragomirs thread.

Night Falls on Vvardernfell

Dwemer Discovery

Sadrith Mora

Akmigone
Akmigone's picture

Akmigone
Akmigone's picture
Hey! I'm Johannes (15),

Hey!

I'm Johannes (15), and I got a message from SquallyDaBeanz stating that this project needs composers and appreciate all help it can get.

xXSquallyDaBeanzXx

Since I was really impressed with the game I'll of course give it a shot!

I'm Johannes, I live in Sweden and is currently studying the last year before High School. I've been playing the grand for around 5 years, and I've been composing for around 1 year soon. Here's a previous work of mine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpWUgzRIGwM

I won't have time to compose anything in a couple of weeks because of school and other projects sadly, but I will soon as possible. So let me know which / if any type of music fits my composing style and I'll be working on it later. Thank you!

Antonioskt
Antonioskt's picture
Here is my Progress of Combat

Here is my Progress of Combat music!!! 

https://soundcloud.com/antonioskt/combat-1-in-progress

:)

Antonioskt
Antonioskt's picture
Here is my progress of combat

Here is my progress of combat music!!

https://soundcloud.com/antonioskt/combat-1-in-progress

mraetzelmedia
mraetzelmedia's picture
Hey guys! Came up with this

Hey guys! Came up with this track for Molag Amur today. It's a good mixture of tribal elements and ambience. I hope you like it!

https://soundcloud.com/mraetzel/skywind-molag-amur

SquallyDaBeanz
SquallyDaBeanz's picture
Contributor
mraetzelmedia wrote: Hey

mraetzelmedia wrote:

Hey guys! Came up with this track for Molag Amur today. It's a good mixture of tribal elements and ambience. I hope you like it!

https://soundcloud.com/mraetzel/skywind-molag-amur

Thank you for this. I have been working on Molag Amur for months, and this captures the ambience of the region perfectly. Actually, listening to the whole things, this could even be split into 3-4 different songs for the whole region. Either way, nice job!

mraetzelmedia
mraetzelmedia's picture
SquallyDaBeanz Thanks! I'm so

SquallyDaBeanz

Thanks! I'm so glad you like it! I aimed to keep the music flowing in different directions and return to keep it varied and interesting throughout, but still keep it in the background. Soule's work in Morrowind tends to do this in some of the exploration tracks. 

Come to think of it, are there any battle tracks that haven't been explored yet? Do you need any in particular for Molag Amur? I'd love to try my hand at some. Let me know!

Liz Katrin
Liz Katrin's picture
Contributor
Everybody You all are

Everybody

You all are amazing! There is such an amount of great new stuff...

And here is my new little piece:
https://soundcloud.com/liz-katrin/skywind_voices

lvidmar
lvidmar's picture
Hi, Sorry I haven't been

Hi,

Sorry I haven't been submitting that much, I've been busy with college. I'm going to give the Dwemer Ruins a try this weekend.
Also, it appears that the link on the first post to the Caves track is broken (at least for me, maybe I'm crazy).
It should take you here: https://soundcloud.com/luke-szumyckyj/skywind-ambient-tomb-m...

​And good work everyone. I don't want to sound like a "good job" dispenser, but there's some really talented people on this project.

Therion_Prime
Therion_Prime's picture
Here's an almost finished

Here's an almost finished track called "Masser and Secunda" featuring a real cello. I know, my playing is a bit sloppy.

Masser = cello, Secunda = flute

http://youtu.be/SW_ww-gb1B4

https://soundcloud.com/herbert-metz/skywind-masser-and-secunda

Antti_Mikael
Antti_Mikael's picture
Great tracks, people!

Great tracks, people! Mraetzel, I really enjoyed what you've made, especially The city streets. And welcome aboard, Matthew and Johannes!

I expanded my calm exploration theme, Whispers and wishes, as Tajnarasha requested. I made some minor tweaks in the beginning and added a new part to the end with violins, koto and flute to keep it evolving.

Here it is:
https://soundcloud.com/anttimikael/whispers-and-wishes-extended

Comments are welcome

Marius S.
Marius S.'s picture
Contributor
Yo! I'm some guy from Germany

Yo! I'm some guy from Germany and I compose music too. I'm 20 years old and I want to compose/produce for a living in the future. So yeah, there are an awful lot of composers in here already, so I'm not sure if I am of any use :(. Today I made these two pieces, maybe you like parts of them. One is exploration-like and the other a night track. Potentionally useful for "grassy, foresty" regions, Bitter Coast etc.? I have no idea what you need and have at the moment, so I just picked some obvious themes. Nevermind, I could have finished reading the first post, duh. How actual is the list, though?

https://soundcloud.com/marius-schlichting/sets/skywind-stuff (updated)

I'd really love to compose some music for this.

Thank you! :) Oh, and nice work on the mod by the way , looks splendid so far.

Tajnarasha
Tajnarasha's picture
Announcement Our friend

Announcement

Our friend Squally has been busy making a small demo reel of all your hard work on youtube. Here is the video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmosGCNK1FQ

I would like to congratulate and thank all of you who have been working tirelessly up to this point to make Skywind's soundtrack a reality. We still have a lot of ground to cover, but this is easily one of the best mod OST to have ever been conceived up to this point. This is all because of you and you deserve all the credit.

Bausic https://soundcloud.com/nicklas-bauske/calm-piano-track-transposed - I absolutely love this melody. Keep it saved as is but I was thinking of maybe doing a little experimentation - do you think it would be feasible to bring this into another instrument? I believe we could pull this away from the Skyrim feel a little and bring it more in-line with Morrowind's style by simply using another instrument. AMAZING thinking on transposing into the main theme's key!     Samiad Night Falls on Vvardernfell - Seems a little flat. I understand it is a night track and by nature a lot more minimalistic than regular songs, however this needs a little more depth. Not a bad base, but needs to evolve a little more.   Dwemer Discovery - The instrument is a little synthetic. I understand this is a cue that should play upon discovering a specific area - Skyrim has a few of those. They are much shorter in-game though. This needs to sound a little more natural.     Sadrith Mora - This isn't up to the quality standard of what we're looking for in the soundtrack.      Akmigone Welcome! Holy cow that youtube video was impressive! I'll be looking forward to hearing some of your compositions for this project! :)     Antonioskt Hey Antonioskt! Your composition is coming along - but definitely prefer the later half of your song rather than the beginning. The intro is a little over-the-top for an Elder Scrolls battle-theme while the deeper, more menacing movements near the end are right on the money. Try to focus a bit more on that style for your piece as a whole.      Mraetzelmedia This is amazing material! Being that the Ashlands and Molag Amur are similar regions I can see that it is creatively challenging to think of the differences to incorporate musically. I like the consistent drums in the background; since Molag Amur is the most volcanically active region of the two I find it very fitting. The three separate sub-songs are each very evocative of the heat. Your piece is beautiful, and therein lies my criticism; Molag Amur should not feel quite as enchanting as your song makes it out to be. It is a harsh, and cruel part of Vvardenfell. I would like the choirs to be male, and feel more bass. Make us feel the rumbling of the earth beneath our feet like the land is constantly changing with active tectonic shifts. This should be without a doubt be the second-most intimidating exploration track next to Red Mountain.      Lisek Beautiful as always. I could see this being especially useful for Ashlander Camps. The voices lend themselves to a good mix of the tribal nature of the Dunmer while also giving it a regal feel. I like the mix of the pluck and light percussions. I like the combination of the harp melody and the voices the best so this would perhaps be a good area to expand. I got a very Dark Souls feel from it and trust me when I say that is a good thing; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpI-KeK-PQg. The instrumentation is perhaps the roughest part of your song so far so be careful in that section. A thing to consider may to be write the song as a demo and then pass it on to Devin, Teslightreturn or Therion so they can master it and you can record your voice on top of it. Very good start - I will be expecting more out of this one for sure.      Therion You've been busy! Boy that track is grandiose. I'm very impressed that you recorded the cello live - it is resounding and powerful and I absolutely love it. It is beautifully composed, and the effort that was put it in is immediately apparent, which is why it kills me to say this :This track is very hard to place in the game. The cello is a very western sound, which makes it difficult to unify with Morrowind's more eastern vibes. The emotion in this track is palpable nevertheless, so my solution is to make it the end credits which we will see after the final fight with Dagoth Ur and a (possible) trip to Twilight. After destroying Akulakhan, the Sixth House and seeing Azura I could see this being very moving as it is meant to be. I would very much like to hear your thoughts on this!     Antti Great work Antti - you've definitely expanded on some of my favorite elements of your piece. At times I can see myself trekking across the rolling hills of the Grazelands as though I was in Africa, while other times the eastern influences of your track reminds me of the alien Telvanni architecture. There is a good mix of the serene, the playful and the strange.    Parts to watch out for; 2:36 to 3:06 the background wind instrument sounds fake and distracts away from the rest of the music.  4:50 - the string (violin?) that starts there sounds a little off up until 5:12 when it is harmonized. I'd almost suggest harmonizing it immediately or change instruments for that movement. Don't be afraid to refer back to the earlier elements in your song that were more African-inspired as they felt less repetitive and more atmospheric/appropriate.      Marius Welcome! It's always nice to see new people trying their hands at the project and there is yet a lot to cover. The flute (or was it ocarina?) introduction of your first song reminded me that we need a flute-based song for some of the taverns. If you'd like you could try and compose for that! Nice sneaking in the main theme in that second piece as well - be careful about the more obviously synthetic sounds ;)     Holy cow that was a long post. I'm sorry if I missed anything. 
Marius S.
Marius S.'s picture
Contributor
Heh, thanks for the feedback.

Heh, thanks for the feedback. I'm really cautious when chosing synths :P.

Speaking of synths, I gave the daedric ruins a shot. It's kind of a mix between dark ambient and classical. I tried to make it mysterious, a bit sinister, a bit mighty. Tell me how you like it!

https://soundcloud.com/marius-schlichting/sets/skywind-stuff

I've also updated the other stuff a tiny bit and converted all to mp3 for easier downloading.

About the tavern music. I'd love doing that, how many people here play fitting instruments for that? I'd love a natural sound. I myself only play the piano, so that kinda... doesn't fit.

OhtLyrIyaVehkIy...
OhtLyrIyaVehkIyaEkemRoth's picture
Soundcloud: https://soundclou

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/olivier-adamczyk

YouTube: http://youtube.com/olivieradamczyk

Contact me if you want to use any of these tracks: olivier.adamczyk(at)gmail.com

Therion_Prime
Therion_Prime's picture
@ Tajnarasha Thanks for your

@ Tajnarasha

Thanks for your comment, glad you like it!

I just want to discuss a few things here tough:

I don't quite get this fixation to "oriental" or "eastern" vibes.

Yes, morrowind is an exotic location, but for me not an entirely oriental one. While I agree that the music of the more native parts of vardenfell should have a "tribal" and "exotic" touch, other parts should probably not.

Take imperial settlements such as Pelagiad or Seyda Neen. I get a strong medieval feeling going on there. Or take the "Tel's", the mushroom settlements: Are they not very "fairytaleish" ? dreamy? mystical?  But oriental?

The only real oriental feeling i get is from the looks of the Dagoths and the ash vampires, which somehow remind me of assyrian warriors.

Some tracks posted here even have a far east (japanese/chinese) touch.Do you see a japanese influence in morrowind? I certainly don't.

The OST is a classical orchestra soundtrack which most of the time fits the setting quite nicely. Some tracks are on the other hand a complete letdown in the context they appear in game. Take the final level for example where the "happy" exploration theme plays.

Regarding the choice of musical instruments: What is accepted, what not?

Honestly, your comment about the use of a cello baffles me a bit. Even Jeremy Soule (sparingly) uses a solo cello in the original OST and a cello is a much older instrument than a piano or the "giant epic cinema percussions" VST which get used in a few tracks here.

Sorry if this looks like a rant, it's not. I just want to clarify these things, before somebody spends a lot of time in a piece which you can't find a use for.

I just had hoped you can use "Masser and Secunda" as a nighttime track in a non-oriental region, for which it was made for. If not, it's not a problem, really.

But I need these points to be discussed and clarified for me to continue.

In hope of a fertile discussion,

Herbert

teslightreturn
teslightreturn's picture
For your approval Taj: the

For your approval Taj: the two pieces written for Vivec. Extended a bit, mixed a bit, see what you all think of it!

https://soundcloud.com/teslightreturn/sets/the-city-of-vivec

Pages

Topic locked