Pages

583 posts / 0 new
Last post
BausicProductions
BausicProductions's picture
I made a short calm guitar

I made a short calm guitar version of the morrowind theme (I think it would fit to peaceful coast areas or something). The track is not finished yet but I wanted to know your opinion about it ;)

AttachmentSize
Audio icon morrowind%20calm.mp34.4 MB
plektron
plektron's picture
It's beautiful! I really can

It's beautiful! I really can imagine walking through some kind of fisher settlement on the coast :) would fit this kind of city perfectly in my opinion! the thing that bugs me is that the guitar sounds too synthetic but maybe that's because i'm a passionate guitar player myself.

BausicProductions
plektron wrote:  the thing

plektron wrote:

the thing that bugs me is that the guitar sounds too synthetic but maybe that's because i'm a passionate guitar player myself.

I know ^^ but I can't play the guitar and it's really hard to make it sound  completely realistic ;)

plektron
plektron's picture
mhm then if u want you could

mhm then if u want you could just finish this piece and i will just dub the real guitar later on. my exams are finished beginning february. we could at least try how that sounds like ^^

Tajnarasha
Tajnarasha's picture
JBMAC This is amazing. Just

JBMAC

This is amazing. Just wow. Can't wait to fight to this.

Teslightreturn

I'm very, very tempted for you to speak with Lisek so she could record some vocals for that song. I feel like the choirs should pick-up a lot more between 1:30 and 1:50 as right now it seems the song loses a lot of momentum without adding anything epic or mesmerizing enough to compensate. 2:10 to 2:50 also really changes the feeling of the song from something tribal and rhythmic to something a little too roman and fantastic. It pains me to say this since it's the theme I've been waiting for in a battle theme. IF we are using it however I'd want it to be nothing short of the center piece, rather than something we'd need to be in a fight for a few minutes before even hearing. This is not bad in of itself, but I feel that it contrasts a lot with what you were going for in the other parts of the song. I'll be looking forward to seeing how this one evolves. 

Bausic

This is pretty. The track is missing a few elements to give it depth however. I'm be inclined to add a few strings as background to make it a little more appropriate. They come in later in your song but I'd like them to be there throughout the song. Perhaps a few chimes and bells as well? Have a bit of fun with it to transport us to the beautiful coasts of Vvardenfell by night. 

plektron wrote:

mhm then if u want you could just finish this piece and i will just dub the real guitar later on. my exams are finished beginning february. we could at least try how that sounds like ^^

All of my yes to that. 

That1Cactus
That1Cactus's picture
Here a variation of Peaceful

Here a variation of Peaceful Waters from Morrowind, "Harmonious Tears".

soundcloud.com/sc0rchf4c3/skywind-harmonious-tears

Liz Katrin
Liz Katrin's picture
Contributor
Hello, thank you. I like

Hello,

thank you.
I like your music too, especially the waltz... I am open to collaborate.

I can see you're from Oulu. I am lucky to have been in Oulanka Kaansaalipuisto (I hope I remember it well) few years ago. It was a magical experience...

teslightreturn
teslightreturn's picture
A more final

A more final version:

https://soundcloud.com/teslightreturn/godkiller

​This will likely end up being broken up into 2 parts. The first part being a battle cue, and the latter part being... well.... the main Nerevar Rising theme :p

Let me know what you guys think, enjoy!

Sheldor
Sheldor's picture
Hey, guys! I apologize for my

Hey, guys! I apologize for my intervention, but I didn't see any mention of León van der Stadt in this topic. He writes the most morrowin'ish music I've ever heard! And of course it is very beautiful! Someone should talk to him about his music and this project.

His new video with 8 new tracks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjdw5vKgp-U

BausicProductions
I made two new versions of

I made two new versions of the calm morrowind theme, one with and one without the guitars (for plektron) ;)

AttachmentSize
Audio icon Morrowind_calm_no%20guitar.mp34.65 MB
Audio icon Morrowind_calm.mp34.72 MB
Liz Katrin
Liz Katrin's picture
Contributor
teslightreturn wrote: A more

teslightreturn wrote:

A more final version:

https://soundcloud.com/teslightreturn/godkiller

​This will likely end up being broken up into 2 parts. The first part being a battle cue, and the latter part being... well.... the main Nerevar Rising theme :p

Let me know what you guys think, enjoy!

Hi!

I think it is very good.
Just the essence...

Cheers!

BlazeStorm
BlazeStorm's picture
Hi all, I've been posting

Hi all,

I've been posting mainly in the VO section thus far, but if anyone needs acoustic guitar tracks, I'm happy to help out. :)

plektron
plektron's picture
thanks bausic! and blazestorm

thanks bausic! and blazestorm if you are confident go for it! :) since l won't be able to look into it before february. 

Dragomir
Dragomir's picture
Contributor
Sheldor wrote: Hey, guys! I

Sheldor wrote:

Hey, guys! I apologize for my intervention, but I didn't see any mention of León van der Stadt in this topic. He writes the most morrowin'ish music I've ever heard! And of course it is very beautiful! Someone should talk to him about his music and this project.

His new video with 8 new tracks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjdw5vKgp-U

I have contacted Leon van der Stadt about 5 months ago. He refused to cooperate with us and didn't allow us to use his music (he's busy with some commercial stuff). His music can be used only as reference - and then, I'd still prefer us to base our compositions directly on Soule. We don't want to run into any copyright problems with Leon ;)
Sharm
Sharm's picture
Harry Andre wrote: Hello

Harry Andre wrote:

Hello hello! Welcome to the newest musicians. 
Here's the version of my track with "The Road Most Traveled" transcribed. It's not in the original key so that it could fit with my piece, but I think it's pretty nice. It still has some mixing issues but not a big deal I think. Of course, I will fix all of them if you think it could work!

Also, that idea about lyrics in Daedric is awesome! And I also have a few friends who could probably sing if I ask them to. One male and three female voices! We could have a small choir :) but we'll see...

Played around with some vocals on this song. Was fun! Such a beautiful song, I couldn't resist ^_^

AttachmentSize
Audio icon Seyda%20Neen%20to%20Balmora.mp32.14 MB
Sheldor
Sheldor's picture
Dragomir wrote: His music

Dragomir wrote:

His music can be used only as reference - and then, I'd still prefer us to base our compositions directly on Soule. We don't want to run into any copyright problems with Leon ;)

Well... This is a reasonable solution! Good luck to all Skywind composers in this hard project!

Tajnarasha
Tajnarasha's picture
That1cactus This is a

That1cactus

This is a beautiful piece. Along with the Road most Traveled by Harry, this motivated me to create a general exploration list as I feel those songs pay homage to Jeremy Soule's work and should still be included in the game, though perhaps not as location-specific tracks. They will be played across Morrowind's regions, though on a lower priority (say 20-30% chance) than our own work like this they are omnipresent. This is subject to change, but it is my thought for now.

Teslightreturn

This is already much better. I still feel like the Nerevar Rising piece slows down the song way too much however. Take inspiration from Soule's Bright Spears Dark Blood song from Morrowind to see how to adapt it to be a little more in-line as a fight theme. 

Bausic

Amazing! Plektron - get on this! 

Sharm

This is really cool! I like the sounds you're doing although since this is an original Soule theme, I'd like you to focus on our own tracks for now. Since Teslightreturn is making a combat track take a look at it as I believe there is some good potential for your vocals in that song. Also try and see if you and Lisek could create something together - I'd love to hear a female duet for something related to Azura or the Nerevarine :)

Sheldor
Sheldor's picture
I listened to tavern music in

I listened to tavern music in this topic. Some tracks sound very synthetic. I'm not ready to present my own music, but I think I can offer some help with a live recording and mixing. In my possession may be a guitar, violin, flute and maybe something else. I'm not sure that this proposal is useful. Anyway, it's just an idea.

Sharm
Sharm's picture
Sheldor wrote: I listened to

Sheldor wrote:

I listened to tavern music in this topic. Some tracks sound very synthetic. I'm not ready to present my own music, but I think I can offer some help with a live recording and mixing. In my possession may be a guitar, violin, flute and maybe something else. I'm not sure that this proposal is useful. Anyway, it's just an idea.

I see Violin and Flute and a big YES is in my mind :) Would love to hear some medieval type ballads!

Liz Katrin
Liz Katrin's picture
Contributor
Hello again! Here is my new

Hello again!

Here is my new theme...
I was thinking it could work in Dunmer dungeons/tumbs. What do you think?

/files/Lisek/files/140119_skywind_wokaliza_szepty.wav

Tajnarasha
Tajnarasha's picture
Lisek I love the main vocals

Lisek

I love the main vocals and the whispery effect you've added in the background. This is great material. I'm just a little particular about the percussion you've used as it almost sounds like an aquatic effect. I'd like to experiment two things with this; can you make a version without any percussion, and with a tiny itty bit of additional reverb to make it sound like the voice is echoing in the tomb? Keep this version handy - I'd just like to hear what else we can bring out of this track before deciding on a final version. This is absolutely breathtaking. 

ArchieVision
ArchieVision's picture
"Mind Blown"! I just cannot

"Mind Blown"! I just cannot get over the atmosphere this track puts you in. Very well done. I cannot wait to hear it ingame!~ 

Liz Katrin
Liz Katrin's picture
Contributor
Salve! Tajnarasha and

Salve!

Tajnarasha and ArchieVision, thanks for your feedback
Here goes an updated version: 

/files/Lisek/files/140119_skywind_wokaliza_szepty_2.wav

CyberLemur
CyberLemur's picture
I've uploaded two updated

I've uploaded two updated versions of the Sixth House music I've been working on - both focusing more on the bells and with less strings in than before. I haven't got around to updating Nocturne yet but hopefully in the next day or two I will have done.

Also just figured I'd say I'm loving the other music being posted!

AttachmentSize
Audio icon Sixth%20House%20Calmer.mp311.83 MB
Audio icon Sixth%20House_1.mp311.83 MB
Tajnarasha
Tajnarasha's picture
Lisek Number 2 has a much

Lisek

Number 2 has a much cleaner background bass which really helps the track - this is what I meant by percussion. Since I listened to your track on my phone I couldn't make out that it wasn't proper percussion to to speak. I really love the ethereal quality of this song. Placing in it Tombs or Daedric Shrines seem like the proper way to go. Hats off to you Lisek; this is beautifully chilling.

CyberLemur

This is a big improvement already! I especially like the fact that you made a calm version of the Sixth House song as well because I actually prefer the more subdued strings to really focus on the bang of the bells. I especially like how you do the very quiet parts as if the bells were nearly a wind chime. The echo is great as well as if the bells were resonating off the surfaces of the walls. 

Proposition; Try to make the track less overtly creepy and try to make the song a little more hypnotic and dream-like. Don't forget that the Sixth House is the ''sleeping house'' with dreamers being its literal servants. Try to bring us in a haze with your track where falling asleep is perhaps the most dangerous thing you could possibly do. I'd really like to see where you can take this. 

Liz Katrin
Liz Katrin's picture
Contributor
Tajnarasha

Tajnarasha wrote:

Lisek

Number 2 has a much cleaner background bass which really helps the track - this is what I meant by percussion. Since I listened to your track on my phone I couldn't make out that it wasn't proper percussion to to speak. I really love the ethereal quality of this song. Placing in it Tombs or Daedric Shrines seem like the proper way to go. Hats off to you Lisek; this is beautifully chilling.

Thanks Tajnarasha
I have an idea for another piece - quite different in the mood (it came to me this morning!). Hopefully I will record it today...

Dragomir
Dragomir's picture
Contributor
HAH! I feel like the king of

HAH! I feel like the king of nerds - I found a Dunmeri language dictionary :D With some basic grammar explained.

Feeling inspired, I wrote this little piece.

Tajnarasha
Tajnarasha's picture
SHARE THE DICTIONARY DRAGO OR

SHARE THE DICTIONARY DRAGO OR SO GOD HELP ME!

Liz Katrin
Liz Katrin's picture
Contributor
Dragomir, please... could you

Dragomir, please... could you share the diccionary with me also? I just love ancient and fantasy languages... and your text is very nice. 
Do you think I could I make a song with it?

FlaviusD
FlaviusD's picture
Donor
Yes, please share! But

Yes, please share! ;) But seriously, that sounds soooper handy to have

Sharm
Sharm's picture
That is beautiful Lisek,

That is beautiful Lisek, heavy and dark :)

Tajnarasha
Tajnarasha's picture
Lisek & Sharm I would like

Lisek & Sharm

I would like you two to collaborate on a piece together. We have some great potential to write songs that would be very evocative of ashlander culture or Nerevar's connection to Azura. Once Dragomir shares his fountain of knowledge with us I have the utmost confidence that the two of you could create something amazing :)

Sharm
Sharm's picture
A duet would be amazing, I

A duet would be amazing, I would be honoured to work with Lisek and I think with the power of the Dunmeri Dictionary we will be an unstoppable force!!!!! Maybe... :P

LWorm
LWorm's picture
I don't know if this is the

I don't know if this is the one that he used, but this is a dictionary that I used for a Skyrim mod.

http://casualscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dunmeri_language

I also know of an Ayleid one, but it is not as complete and is probably more suited for Skyblivion but I thought that I would post it anyway.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Ayleid_Language

Scaper94
Scaper94's picture
Hello everyone, My name is

Hello everyone,

My name is Jake. I'm a freshman in college, studying music composition. I pretty much knew all through high school that I want a career in composing music, mainly for video games and film. Video games and music have always been a huge interest of mine.

I first took interest in composing just before high school. Unfortunately I wasn't able to musically mature much during that time. Since coming to college, however, I've noticed considerable growth in my musical abilities (both writing and playing). My main instrument is piano, which I've been playing since about age four - mostly by ear. I also play guitar, violin, and accordion.

The program I use to create music is Finale Songwriter. I don't have any mixing/editing software. My process is to take the midi file and convert it to an mp3 file using solmire.com. It makes the tracks sound decent, but the volume quality of my tracks is pretty bad. Not sure how to get around this. If you have suggestions/solutions, let me know.

That said, I just found this site over the weekend. I knew about Skywind before, but wasn't keeping tabs on the progress. After watching some playthrough videos on youtube and listening to the music being created here, I decided that it would be both beneficial to the project and to myself if I volunteer some of my talent. 

Here is a (rough) piece that I wrote in less than a couple hours yesterday afternoon. Let me know what needs to be added or changed to make it better.

AttachmentSize
Audio icon Exploration2.mp31.41 MB
Dragomir
Dragomir's picture
Contributor
LWorm wrote: I don't know if

LWorm wrote:

I don't know if this is the one that he used, but this is a dictionary that I used for a Skyrim mod.

http://casualscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dunmeri_language

Yes, it's this one. I wanted to confirm how official it is with Lady Nerevar before sharing it, it seems it's just some fan art made from thin air ;) Which is both good and bad. Bad - because well, it's most likely different than it was originally meant to be. Good - because it won't be a heresy to make up new words as well :P So far I came up with the word "sul" for soul.

It's pronounciation sounds a bit like mongolian, and I just love that fact :D

Antti_Mikael
Antti_Mikael's picture
Hello all, here's something I

Hello all,

here's something I just made. It's a calm exploration track called Whispers and wishes: https://soundcloud.com/anttimikael/whispers-and-wishes

So calm I almost fell asleep when writing it What do you think?

DevinPolaski
DevinPolaski's picture
This is for Sharm and Lisek -

This is for Sharm and Lisek - for a while I've been trying to compose a song that you could both provide vocals for. But given all the hurdles; that I don't know how you two work, let alone work together, not to mention that we're not working in real time in a real space; it all proved to be a daunting task.

So, instead, I've decided to provide a "template" of sorts that will allow both of you to have your own creative interpretation. Instead of highly specific notes or phrases, I was thinking you could create your own vocal loops or sections based off of the piece I've attached. They can be a single measure meant to be looped with just one voice, or it could be an 8 measure phrase that has 10 voices layered. I think it would not only be interesting, but a fun experiment to see how this would work with either of you providing your own phrases. We'll see what happens as a result, and if it's workable we can mold it into a finished piece.

That's not to say there should be zero guidelines, or else it would turn into an unfocused mess. For starters, I'm taking heavy inspiration from this piece, as per Taj's suggestion. It's a highly ethereal song, but like the aim of our song it has several repeated vocal patterns layered throughout; I don't believe there's any vocals used that aren't repeated. Take a listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb7Pqxgt_Dw

Furthermore; the piece I've attached is in B minor, so chord changes should have their home-based rooted in that. Also, my piece is 85 bpm.

Finally, yes, I already have several vocal layers within the song already, but think of those purely as inspiration; I'm not saying recreate what's there. You can recreate it if you're so inclined, but I'd encourage entirely new phrases that work together. You'll also notice I've attached a duplicate version of the song, which has no vocal layers whatsoever. This might make it easier for when you are trying to focus on your own vocals as you record.

Whew; sorry if that's a lot! Also, I don't want to be assumptive; if you'd prefer not to go this direction, that's perfectly understandable. I have just found that, when I've done this in the past with a vocal piece, the end result turned out so much better because of the spontaneous, improvisational, and experimental approach we took, and everyone had a creative voice that meshed together well. I'm hoping that can be repeated with this song.

Thanks you two, and perhaps as we get into this further we can try having a Skype session for further developments. Also, please email me at "devinpolaski at gmail dot com" - from there I can send you Dropbox links, and we can share our audio files that way.

Liz Katrin
Liz Katrin's picture
Contributor
*Sorry for the double post.

*Sorry for the double post. Moderator, please remove this post. Thank you.*

Liz Katrin
Liz Katrin's picture
Contributor
*Sorry for the double post.

*Sorry for the double post. Moderator, please remove this post. Thank you.*

Liz Katrin
Liz Katrin's picture
Contributor
Devin It's nice to hear you

Devin

It's nice to hear you wrote this piece for Sharm and me Thanks.
I like your Ashlands template and I will surely try to work on it soon...

Sharm

Thanks for you comments
Of course we can try to sing together. I think it could be a kind of magical experience...Sharm, what do you think of Devin's challenge?

Antti

I like the mood... And it doesn't make me sleepy at all, rather dreamy...

sbeast
sbeast's picture
Ok, I listened to your

Ok, I listened to your feedback Tajnarasha and tried to come up with something closer to the style of the original soundtrack. I have a couple of songs, the first one is more thematic with the main inspiration being Nerevar Rising. There are also some eastern elements included but they are quite minimal right now.

https://soundcloud.com/sbeast/explore-theme-2/s-Z1bGn

The second song is less thematic and more an evolving piece with changes in texture and tempo.

https://soundcloud.com/sbeast/explore-theme-3/s-g0Kpv

Hopefully these are closer to the sound you are after.

Sharm
Sharm's picture
Devin, Lisek - Alright let's

Devin, Lisek - Alright let's get on it like Sonic. Let's play around with some vocals over it and see what we can create!

DevinPolaski
DevinPolaski's picture
Woohoo! Looking forward to

Woohoo! Looking forward to what you two will create  :D

Again, when you're ready, reach out to devinpolaski at gmail dot com so we can share our audio files together.

Tajnarasha
Tajnarasha's picture
Scaper Glad to see you're

Scaper

Glad to see you're interested in the project, maestro! Was your piece a cover of an existing Jeremy Soule track? I seem to recall it from somewhere but can't place my finger on it. Either way it was very pretty.

If your expertise is with the piano your talents are going to be useful for night tracks specifically as it is an instrument that doesn't lend itself too well to our more tribal-oriented daytime soundtrack. Sheorogad still doesn't have any music for its region. Considering that it is a foggy, temperate island full of ruins perhaps something on the piano could be appropriate. A piano rendition of Nerevar Rising could also be something interesting to consider. 

Looking forward to seeing more from you!

Antti

This was a very well crafted melody! Some of the elements you incorporated in it reminded me of an African savannah while also keeping true to some of the more meditative elements of Soule's music. I'm torn between placing this one in three areas; Sheogorad, the Grazelands or Sadrith Mora. Feel free to expand on this one immediately as it is certainly my favorite submission from you so far :)

Devin, Sharm, Lisek

Great work Devin! That track should definitely help Sharm and Lisek in terms of vocal direction and is greatly appreciated. Looking forward to hearing a first recording. 

Sbeast

Glad to see another submission by you! The themes you've provided seems a little off in EQ at the moment. We want exploration music to have highs and lows but not be quite as majestic throughout as yours were. There were also parts where some of the instruments were clearly drowned by others, like the piano you've included in both tracks. Overall I find the composition much better but you really have to watch out to not play everything at the same volume. I think adjusting this will already make a big difference. 

Scaper94
Scaper94's picture
My piece was a cover from one

My piece was a cover from one of the Oblivion tracks. Can't recall the name of it, but that's where it's from. I'm glad you like it!

Most pieces I write involve piano, strings, and woodwinds. When writing, I tend to gravitate towards piano, since that's my main instrument. I just came up with a cover that incorporates a couple of Soule's themes, mainly focusing on Nerevar Rising as you suggested. It's called "Nerevarine's Night."

AttachmentSize
Audio icon Nerevarine's%20Night.mp32.05 MB
mraetzelmedia
mraetzelmedia's picture
Hi,    My name is Matthew
Hi,    My name is Matthew Raetzel, I score film and games through my company, Matthew Raetzel Media. I'd love to contribute to the project if you need additional music. I'm a big fan of Mr. Soule's work, and would love to do a tribal take on his style.   Below are a few links to my previous work:       Battle music:   https://soundcloud.com/mraetzel/battle-of-the-orcs https://soundcloud.com/mraetzel/monster-smash-here-come-the       Wandering/City music:   https://soundcloud.com/mraetzel/wandering-the-forests   https://soundcloud.com/mraetzel/the-city-streets       Ruins and caves music:   https://soundcloud.com/mraetzel/the-forgotten-temple       Anywho, let me know if you are interested, I'd love to collaborate. Thanks, and have a great week!
Liz Katrin
Liz Katrin's picture
Contributor
Mraetzelmedia Welcome! I

Mraetzelmedia

Welcome!
I like your samples very much, especially the Forgotten Temple...

Harry Andre
Harry Andre's picture
Hey everyone! Sorry I

Hey everyone! Sorry I suddenly disappeared, but unexpected work came up! I've been working on a track for here too though and I'll upload it later.

Sharm, I really liked what you did and I think it could become something very majestic if I sent you some vocal lines separately so that you can mess around. However, since Tajnarasha made a good point, maybe we should wait for now. But I'd really like to work on something else for you, though you seem to have many projects active right now! :)

Lisek, for some reason I can't open your files and I really want to listen to what you've created.

Devin, as always, on fire. Can't wait to see what you're making for Sharm and Lisek :D

And now let's listen to all the other submissions while drinking coffee before starting composing. What a great project! :P

Armin Gutjahr
Armin Gutjahr's picture
Hello everyone, i'm Armin

Hello everyone, i'm Armin Gutjahr  a composer from germany and i was asked if  i can write some Skywind Music.
So here is my first Skywind/Idea Song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOpBl3c4NIg

Its a Battle Song, i hope you guys like it :)

greetings Armin

Pages

Topic locked