Contributor
Yeah I meant this not what I

Yeah I meant this not what I accidentally copied earlier! My fault! D:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU4Rk0NATNs

Smitehammer
Smitehammer's picture
Contributor
The lyrics to Hortator, and

The lyrics to Hortator, and the translation.

Gher iam gah'dun siin Azura nesi'ag eal gah'amer, (In the darkest days Azura sent her great champion)

Biridad as reymo winol shoksuna.  (To reform the broken promise blessing.)

Luhn'silvar, belid flur, as kogo sul en am as errat Chimer. (Moon-and-Star, to sing peace, the unbreakable soul of the lost Chimer,)

almardar as sharmaat malshok alna. (would silence devils  mad first.)

Et as Hortator sorilke’ag Dagoth Ur’m shaldmas, lakor bahr panthi mugakar (So the Hortator challenged Dagoth Ur’s army as no god could)

As arc gah'thiil en arador meriaal leyshe'ag as cornayn. (The five great houses and Ashland tribes heard the battlecall.)

Humore’ag lakor aln yivohn as Dunmer gire’ag ot dimi sut as demigi bahrdrar. (Joined as one voice the Dunmer screamed an end for the blasphemous undead.)

Hadik yagla en talje gher Resdaynia ald, ot muhrhag dayn. (All come and see in Resdayn old, a newborn dawn.)

Osuhn almese’ag abahr sut ohm yalif sul’m devahr, Nerevar.  (We prayed for your triumphant soul’s return, Nerevar.)

Liz Katrin
Liz Katrin's picture
Contributor
My HORTATOR (with Smitehammer

My HORTATOR (with Smitehammer fantastic Dunmeri lyrics!) on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTaOdXy9szE

EffeX
EffeX's picture
Hi, i'm actually on the SFX

Hi, i'm actually on the SFX team but made something because why not:
https://soundcloud.com/lokeesounds/skywind-across-the-inner-sea

W
ould be nice to get some feedback!

Antti_Mikael
Antti_Mikael's picture
Some update for those who

Some update for those who follow the thread:

We've (finally!) finished Solsif Oua. The track featured in the beginning of Official Development Video 2 last year and since then I've been asked for full version... Well, here's two:

Tribute version (which you'll probably find more familiar ): https://soundcloud.com/anttimikael/solsif-oua-tribute

Original version: https://soundcloud.com/anttimikael/solsif-oua-original

I'm happy to report that also the fighters guild theme "Welcome, Stranger" has been finished, and you can listen it here: https://soundcloud.com/anttimikael/welcome-stranger . Thanks, and see you later!

og1764
og1764's picture
Hi.

Hi.
I'm an Australian singer and I'd like to be able to help with this project by singing some parts of the songs that are being composed. I am a Bass singer, and I prefer classical (or church) style songs to pop songs. My range extends from D1 to G2 in my normal register, and I can sing from A2 to C4 in my falsetto, although these notes are sort of dodgy and do not produce a clear and crisp sound. 

I'd be happy to help in any way I can. Furthermore, I understand that this thread is pretty old, and that I may have "missed the boat", and if there are no positions for me then I can accept that.

I look forward to the release of Skywind and listening to the awesome music that you all create!
-Oliver

niklaskrig
niklaskrig's picture
Hey guys, 

Hey guys, 

It's been a while since I read through these pages! I posted some exploration tracks in the first pages of this thread, and I have been working on new tracks ever since! 

Is there still need for more songs? I have a bunch now, and maybe there is something that could interest you! 

I guess some of them are very "theme"-like, but maybe you find something interesting. 

https://soundcloud.com/swekrig

Cheers!

orfil
orfil's picture
Hello! it's to bad, that i

Hello! it's to bad, that i found these requests about music too late. Well.. I was very inspired by all this, so I made a little orchestral track thinking of Azura. May be You'll find it useful.

http://soundcloud.com/orest-filipov/for-azura

Cheers!

Foxtail
Foxtail's picture
I'd love to be a part of this

I'd love to be a part of this - if there are any tracks that need completion let me know.

:)

I do varying types of musical compositions from film scores, videogames, and electronic music as well

Here's a preview of something I currently finished for a client

https://soundcloud.com/foxtailmusic/project76/s-NaLHx

and a theme song for my cat

https://soundcloud.com/foxtailmusic/ruka-noir-theme

Hope it's not too late - Morrowind is a HUGE part of my life, and the music is dear to my heart. I wouldn't have started composing if it wasn't for that OST

you may reach out to me directly at mgmt@foxtailmusic.com

I'd love to help design some soundscapes, ambient tracks, or whatever needs to be done :)

Thanks!

Takeshidude
Takeshidude's picture
I'm not a composer, but I saw

I'm not a composer, but I saw you wanted exotic instruments, and I happen to own a few Ocarinas. I'd be thrilled if I could help with recording parts of some music; the Morrowind music is a cornerstone of my iTunes library.

metroK
metroK's picture
Hello people! I'm Kevin, and

Hello people! I'm Kevin, and I play the bass :)

I have three years of experience with the bass and before that I studied guitar for two years. I have a good technique and learn new songs rather quickly. Overrall, I would consider my skill medium-high. I play in an electro-rock band at the moment, but I LOVE playing soundtracks. I know that bass players are rather rare, so if you need one, here I am!

My bass is a Frudua Exlusive 5-string crafted by a luthier and I also have an audio interface and a basic understanding of production (I use Cubase or Reaper as DAWs, and can design my own sounds with Massive), so I can record my playing with a high sound quality. If you want to hear me playing, or listen to something I play with my band (it's electro-rock, so it's really different from the Morrowind soundtrack) just tell me :)

Let me know!

Omz 97
Omz 97's picture
Hi guys! I'm Tom and play and

Hi guys! I'm Tom and play and wide range of instrument, my main being the piano or keyboard.

I have a few odd instruments and can make my own instruments to do with Siberian, Mongolian, Tibetan and Turkish. So if you still need any more musical things then I would love to help in any way I can. I really want to see this project succeed and everyone has already done an amazing job on this.

So if I can help then Get in touch and I'd be more than happy to help.

:D

Taerkalith
Taerkalith's picture
Hey OMz, we're basically good

Hey OMz, we're basically good for composers at the moment, but open to instrumentals so there may be a place to compliment our existing ashlander or creepy intruments ambient tracks. Feel free to post some samples and maybe we can create some ashlander bard intrumentals (keeping in mind we're stuck with the lute flute and drum animations) ;)

terra2322
terra2322's picture
Hi,

Hi,

I want to compose some music in acoustic guitar for this game.

Something link medieval guitar, or something like that. What do you think?

Taerkalith
Taerkalith's picture
only place we may use

only place we may use acoustic guitar is in taverns but it wouldn't sound like european medieval if we do indeed use additional tracks for bards/ambience in taverns. You can post stuff, but it is highly unlikely to make it in. I'd study the sort of composition Jeremy Soule does on the original score and maybe give something along those lines a go, but I can't promise anything here as we may not do anything unique for taverns beyond what we already have for bards.

terra2322
terra2322's picture
By that you mean something

By that you mean something more peaceful, right? More calm.

I will give it a try.

Omz 97
Omz 97's picture
Hi Taerkalith, ok sweet I'll

Hi Taerkalith, ok sweet I'll have a look at some ashlander and creepy ambient tracks from the game and try come up with something. :) I'll create some samples of these types of music and upload them here, and I'll also have a go at solo instruments for the Bards! :)

Happy to Help!

Omz 97
Omz 97's picture
Hi Guys,

Hi Guys,

Sorry it's a while, I've been busy with work and what not. :P Anyway I have made some Bard solo pieces that could be of some use.

One is a Lute piece and the other is a Flute piece, (for Bards) So I hope you like them and hope this helps with your EPIC Project!!! :D

Taerkalith
Taerkalith's picture
Omz, send them in a private

Omz, send them in a private message to me? (you can link their URLs now that they've been uploaded). I'll check 'em out and see about merging them if they fit the bill.

Mcloganator
Mcloganator's picture
Contributor
Omz, that lute piece was

Omz, that lute piece was awesome!

Omz 97
Omz 97's picture
Thanks Mcloganator :D
Thanks Mcloganator :D With the lute piece I made it minor, since the other piece was major, and I don't know if you noticed but about half way through I added The Elder Scorlls main theme/riff just to make it even more elder scrolly haha xP Glad you liked it bro, means a lot :D
Mcloganator
Mcloganator's picture
Contributor
Oh wow, now that you point it

Oh wow, now that you point it out I do hear the ES theme! Neato!

taleweaver
taleweaver's picture
Hey everyone,

Hey everyone,

my name is Dan and I’m a composer and sound designer from Germany. I know that I’m a bit late, but I wanted to say hi just in case there are still any opportunities coming up. I’m writing music for film, tv and commercials but also made some sound fx for an audio book. I also produce unique sounding Kontakt VST Libraries that have that special edge many composers are after (at least that is what people say ^^).

I made this trailer before TESO went live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfsFTMxMF4I

But I do not only make orchestral music. There is everything from dubstep to rock ^^

You may check this out here:

http://www.taleweaver-orchestra.de/

I want to congratulate all other composers for their fantastic music so far. Good work buddies! Have a great day ;-)

Best,

Dan

Mcloganator
Mcloganator's picture
Contributor
Taleweaver, "Rim of the Sky"

Taleweaver, "Rim of the Sky" is fantastic!

taleweaver
taleweaver's picture
Thank you very much

Thank you very much Mcloganator! Much appreciated ;-)

SpookyScarySkeleton
SpookyScarySkeleton's picture
What to do?

What to do?

I'm looking to either compose music or play some. I play various woodwind instruments at a grade 4-5 standard, and also have some experience composing for them. Any advice / suggestions?

SpookyScarySkeleton
SpookyScarySkeleton's picture
What to do?

What to do?

I'm looking to either compose music or play some. I play various woodwind instruments at a grade 4-5 standard, and also have some experience composing for them. Any advice / suggestions?

SunlitSabre
SunlitSabre's picture
My name is Kyle, and I'm a

My name is Kyle, and I'm a cello soloist.

I know that many of the main Morrowind themes contain cello solos and I was wondering if you all wanted a skilled soloist to perform for the project. I've worked on various projects, played professionally, and worked with many groups including but not limited to a symphony and a chamber orchestra.

I would love to contribute in any way I can.

kuboyah
kuboyah's picture
(I'm not announcing myself,

(I'm not announcing myself, just posting a reply to last post before mine. I don't intend to stick with this topic as I don't have much to contribute here. If this post is out of place and ought not to be here, then please delete it and sorry for trouble).

Sunlit, as the mods have written in posts above, you're free to post samples. I'd suggest you to just record your solos as you cover the original Morrowind soundtrack, one or two tracks, so the devs can hear the sound quality and overal performance. It seems that they prefer to build a base of files and then choose contributors precisely, so that's what you should get into. Just record, share on soundcloud and link here.

DB
DB's picture
Hello, everyone! I hope I'm

Hello, everyone! I hope I'm not too late, but I really want to be a part of this project in some way. I don't have a lot of experience, but I wanted to at least see how someone felt about this track. I feel like I did a decent job with Jeremy Soule's style, but if you think it doesn't fit what you're going for, that's fine. I completely understand the desire for artistic cohesion.

https://soundcloud.com/dbalen/under-the-parasols

Thank you!

sbeast
sbeast's picture
Hey, I'm not sure if you are

Hey, I'm not sure if you are still needing more music, but I came up with a song that could be used for a tavern: https://soundcloud.com/sbeast/tales-by-the-fire

I also made a battle theme version of The Road Most Travelled, because why the hell not :)

Check it out here: https://soundcloud.com/sbeast/the-road-most-travelled-battle...

Thanks!

Taerkalith
Taerkalith's picture
Hi DB, your sound definitely

Hi DB, your sound definitely is akin to morrowind but we suggest you hone your skills as the piece, although good!, is a bit shy to the production value we're aiming for.

I'm locking this thread for now as applications to the music dept. should be done via the volunteer form when the [MUS] tag is listed on the volunteer page. Right now we're doing well for composers and are not accepting new members at the moment. We appreciate all of the inspired work you do so hang onto your compositions for when the dept. may open up to new members as some existing ones become less active. We'll let you know via Facebook, if this happens.

Pages

Topic locked