12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Turn2TES
Turn2TES's picture
Skyblivion Faces

Just wondering if anyone  has any ideas on how to adjust for the roundness of all  the faces in Oblivion when trying to make a Skybivion counterpart, or would something like this be as close as you would get?

AttachmentSize
Image icon FaceGen.jpg527.49 KB
LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
I think you should just leave

I think you should just leave it the way it is

jojonv
jojonv's picture
Maybe a bit...

Seems fine to me, actually it is quite good. Although I personally would like to see a little less roundness.

- jojonv

andynev1
andynev1's picture
Personally I would like to

Personally I would like to make them look close to their original but not as round and chubby, the faces were just so ugly in oblivion!

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
yeah, don't try to really

yeah, don't try to really emulate faces 100%, just make them look similar, it's a nice enough job.

no1
no1's picture
wel the oblivion faces are

wel the oblivion faces are ugly so i would say just put somthing nice there doesnt realy mather what the look like main qeust charecters are only inportend

and dont even try te recreat the khajit orc and argonian

Mishka
Mishka's picture
You did a good job! I always

You did a good job! I always hated the roundness but it makes sense for the game (a warm climate with tons of food) while Skyrim is cold and there is less food so they all seem a bit on the thin side. Maybe there is a middle ground? Those are just my 2 cents.

I think you have done an amazing job and you have a real skill for facial trans-posing no matter what you do I think would be perfect for the game!

Turn2TES
Turn2TES's picture
A question I have about this,

A question I have about this, I've only gotten roughly 20 or 30 done (Mostly Imperial Race), I started working on nave mesh as well in places just so I can start to see NPCs move (Working on Anvil now).

When I have been doing these, I have tried to stick to faces only so that it would be less of a chance of conflicting with other mods, but one thing I have done, as I've gone along is to set named NPCs to Unique and changed the weight on some. Do you think I should keep doing this or go back and remove these setting.

Also if I were to share this, I have been exporting the facial files also to avoid the grey head thing. But I'm not sure what folders or files I have to copy to share these, I know I have read it before but I just can't remember what all is needed.

And another thing. What would you think of Breaking Races up by alphabet for a .esp to share. Less risk of me screwing up and loosing tones of work? The Imperial Race is Huge.

Enter_77
Enter_77's picture
The FaceGen meshes and

The FaceGen meshes and textures are exported to the following folders:
meshes\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom\Skyblivion.esm\
textures\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceTint\Skyblivion.esm\

Ormin
Ormin's picture
Contributor
What i'd say is - work on

What i'd say is - work on those navmeshes since they surely need some love and we want to see those people moving their arse here and forth. I am right now working on a tool possibly to preconvert a lot of scripts from oblivion to skyrim ( btw oblivion + all dlc has near of 2500 scripts ) so in conjunction with this we might see the game finally starting working in an alpha phase.

Turn2TES
Turn2TES's picture
A question I have about this,

Sounds good I'd like to see things work too.

Faces, so you would have to copy them from the esm file? or would that be something someone could generate when they produced a new master?

Enter_77
Enter_77's picture
Since the NPCs are based in

Since the NPCs are based in the .esm, the FaceGen can be produced later when the new master is created as long as the face values (Parts and Morphs) are merged from the plug-in.