Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
Donor
I can tell by the look on

I can tell by the look on your face :p

Zeidra
Zeidra's picture
Hello, I wanted to say, this

Hello, I wanted to say, this is so amazing I am impressed. Just one thing to say : It definitely misses moving npcs (inhabitants and guards) ! (in the videos, I hope this will be different in 0.2 release). But the other things are just perfect.

Another thing, will it be a multi-language mod, as soon as it is somehow based on a game, or it will be english only? If no, I propose myself to make a French translation of the mod as soon as it is released (based on Oblivion official translation database of course, to keep it lore-friendly even for French users).

By the way is there a included feature list or something?

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
It's funny because people

It's funny because people think that making people move around is like clicking a check box and then it works lol :P

FlaviusD
FlaviusD's picture
Donor
Wait, so you're saying

Wait, so you're saying there's more to it than that!?

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Navmeshes won't be in 0.2 so

Navmeshes won't be in 0.2 so NPCs will remain in places and rarely fight back.

People should understand the scope of Skyblivion: it is bigger than Skyrim with it's DLCs, most likely bigger than all the mods from skyrim nexus combined released in the past 2+ years, and around 3x times bigger than Skywind.

Just adding a moving NPCs worth an own release version, hopefully 0.3

Zeidra
Zeidra's picture
LASentry wrote: people think

LASentry wrote:

people think that making people move around is like clicking a check box and then it works lol :P

Did I say that? No, so please don't be patronizing with me. I know how it works, I just ask if it is a priority for modders in the next release. If no I will simply do it for myself with CK.

Sorry if I seem to be rude, but truth has to be said.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Zeidra wrote: LASentry

Zeidra wrote:

LASentry wrote:

people think that making people move around is like clicking a check box and then it works lol :P

Did I say that? No, so please don't be patronizing with me. I know how it works, I just ask if it is a priority for modders in the next release. If no I will simply do it for myself with CK.

Sorry if I seem to be rude, but truth has to be said.

Woa, ok then Mr Grumpy :) No, you don't seem rude, it's just that it's best to wait until it's done - you can't work on Skyblivion until the new one's out anyway... Or, it would be a lot harder. :P

DIYDeath
DIYDeath's picture
 Expecting something else

Expecting something else would be totally unreal. Thanks for the update, looking forward to 0.2

Zeidra
Zeidra's picture
Yeah indeed working on the

Yeah indeed working on the 0.1 (which I don't have by the way...) would be irrelevant now ^^. I think I will make an external mod with navmeshes only (and if it is satisfying I will share it here, of course).

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Here's a big .rar full of

Here's a big .rar full of screenshots of Skyblivion. It's not every single one but the ones that look good.

AttachmentSize
File Skyblivion screenshots56.41 MB
Mehh
Mehh's picture
From what Ormin has told me

From what Ormin has told me that Skyblivion interiors were all navmeshed. Note, I said interiors. He is trying to create an auto navmesh generator, but the navmesh isn't coming out perfect, and needs a bit of tweaking. He could perhaps require some assistance from someone who is really good at math.

As for Skyblivion being illegal or not. I'm honestly not sure. Skyblivion won't actually contain any Oblivion meshes or textures, it'll just contain an esm, and probably a program/script to convert Oblivion mesh and textures for you.

There is actually a mod on the nexus that is similar to this, but without a program to do the work for you. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30568/ This mod is doing basically what they're doing, except without a an automatic program and it's just with music.

Which makes me wonder, could this be applied to mods, and allow one to skip asking permission? Can a mod author copyright an esp? Lets say I want to convert over Better cities overhaul from Oblivion. I assume someone(most likely Ormon or Zilav) would make a script for the Oblivion mesh/texture program convert over Better Cities meshes and textures, and TES5Edit would convert over the esp. We're not hosting anything at all from the mod. Just Ormin's program's script and a Tes5edit script.

It might piss off mod authors, but honestly, if someone were to learn how Ormin's program works, we cannot exactly stop anyone. And anyone at the moment can already write a Tes5edit script to convert over an esp. Sure, we can say we don't condone it, but not a whole that will do.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Technically it can be done

Technically it can be done with any mod, but I won't do that without a permission from the author.

It is one thing to convert a game content you payed for that sits on your PC, but doing the same with a free content provided out of pure generosity without asking beforehand is wrong in my opinion.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
^ Yeah, I agree. It is

^

Yeah, I agree. It is pretty effed up to convert over stuff people did for free without their permission. That's why Skywind goes out to ask for permission for stuff, and doesn't use stuff without permission. Sure, we could tell them to "go fuck them self, we're using it anyway!", but we have morals!

But if Ormin's converter can be edited to work on other Oblivion stuff, nothing is really stopping users from converting Oblivion mods to Skyrim without permission. We could tell people not to, and delete their post, but we cannot completely stop them. They could just make their own forum and post their work if they wanted to. I also know Tes5Edit can already convert over Oblivion esp/esms with scripts.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Well it sounds very

Well it sounds very promising. Haha - I'd love to have what's already been done :)

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Each user has to decide the

Each user has to decide the moral options of using mods in another game without a permission. In the end *we* won't be doing this, and that's all that matters for me personally.

Should/Could we stop others from doing so? Nope, because it is just plain impossible. It is as possible as saying that there will be no piracy on the internet starting from tomorrow.

JB.
JB.'s picture
Hi, I really wanted to

Hi,

I really wanted to download this in order to do a trial on the models, this for a personal project of mine, I understand it has been removed but is there anyone that can help/give me link?

Cheers

yazza2014
yazza2014's picture
Contributor
JB. wrote: Hi, I really

JB. wrote:

Hi,

I really wanted to download this in order to do a trial on the models, this for a personal project of mine, I understand it has been removed but is there anyone that can help/give me link?

Cheers

PM sent.

JB.
JB.'s picture
That was very kind of you,

That was very kind of you, I've got all the stuff now and should try an install in the next few days. I have one more question though, which conversion tool was used for this and where can i download or get it?

Tx

DIYDeath
DIYDeath's picture
zilav wrote: Technically it

zilav wrote:

Technically it can be done with any mod, but I won't do that without a permission from the author.

It is one thing to convert a game content you payed for that sits on your PC, but doing the same with a free content provided out of pure generosity without asking beforehand is wrong in my opinion.

The way I see it is more lenient copyright laws. If its for personal use and will never be released to the public then permission not required. If it's going to be released then permission is given.

I'm on the fence about abandoned mods. On one hand, clearly the creator of those mods doesn't care or they'd keep the mod current. on the other hand they could be one of those people who have really stupid double standards and don't want people to continue their work when they refuse to.

PERSONALLY, I say screw those people after a few months of total non-communication and do what I want because clearly they don't care enough to watch their former pieces of work, heck some mod authors state that they wont be continuing their work so it is now open source as long as credit is given where due. Again, that's a personal stance and YOU (in general) need to decide where the line that should not be crossed lies.

yazza2014
yazza2014's picture
Contributor
From my experience, I have

From my experience, I have used nifskope to convert a few static Oblivion meshes (weapons mainly)

There is a tutorial floating around somewhere, look up on google, how to import weapons into Skyrim.

MaMutt
MaMutt's picture
Has the download link been

Has the download link been removed, or is there some way that someone can give me a link?

Johann
Johann's picture
MaMutt wrote:

MaMutt wrote:

Has the download link been removed, or is there some way that someone can give me a link?

I can give you links for the main and SI meshes, but I don't know where you can find the rest.  Just let me know if you need it.

MaMutt
MaMutt's picture
Johann wrote:

Johann wrote:

I can give you links for the main and SI meshes, but I don't know where you can find the rest.  Just let me know if you need it.

ok

R1L3Zminer
R1L3Zminer's picture
<p>Where is the download

<p>Where is the download button or is it not coming out until v0.2 anyway its looks great cant wait to ride down the giant bridge after stealing a horse with the whole imperial city guards coming at me and get away ; )</p>

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
No link until 0.2

No link until 0.2

JB.
JB.'s picture
Hi,

Hi,

I wish to convert some customs models to Skyrim format, but I believe the Chuvakin converter only does esp's, Am I wrong?

I'll much appreciate a charitable soul to point me on the right direction for the right tool and where to find it.

Thanks a lot!

Ormin
Ormin's picture
Contributor
JB. wrote:

JB. wrote:

Hi,

I wish to convert some customs models to Skyrim format, but I believe the Chuvakin converter only does esp's, Am I wrong?

I'll much appreciate a charitable soul to point me on the right direction for the right tool and where to find it.

Thanks a lot!

Our mesh analyzing & converting toolchain is already done and is able to do this on-demand. If you do own permissions for the models, just contact me, I 'll help you.

JB.
JB.'s picture
Ormin wrote:

Ormin wrote:

JB. wrote:

Hi,

Thanks a lot!

Our mesh analyzing & converting toolchain is already done and is able to do this on-demand. If you do own permissions for the models, just contact me, I 'll help you.

PM'd

Cheers

iFIght4Freedom0
iFIght4Freedom0's picture
All of it looks amazing so

All of it looks amazing so far. 

mrcling
mrcling's picture
Mehh wrote:

Mehh wrote:

From what Ormin has told me that Skyblivion interiors were all navmeshed. Note, I said interiors. He is trying to create an auto navmesh generator, but the navmesh isn't coming out perfect, and needs a bit of tweaking. He could perhaps require some assistance from someone who is really good at math.

I like to tell myself I'm pretty good at math. I have an A in Differential Equations at the moment, although the test tomorrow may force me to rescind that statement.

ZeroSbr
ZeroSbr's picture
mrcling wrote:

mrcling wrote:

Mehh wrote:

I like to tell myself I'm pretty good at math. I have an A in Differential Equations at the moment, although the test tomorrow may force me to rescind that statement.

For me it depends. Is it a lot of basic addition/subtraction/multiplication/division, or some higher level math (Algebra/Calculus/Stats)?

Ormin
Ormin's picture
Contributor
Feel free to help me with the

Feel free to help me with the navmesh problem if you want, just PM me and I'll explain.

@up

semi-hard geometry problem.

Luckyfilmer
Luckyfilmer's picture
Can I have the links as well

Can I have the links as well cause all I want to do is check it out and maybe see if I can figure some things out that might help the project.

Johann
Johann's picture
Luckyfilmer wrote:

Luckyfilmer wrote:

Can I have the links as well cause all I want to do is check it out and maybe see if I can figure some things out that might help the project.

The current version won't tell you what needs to be done, 0.2 will be a very large update if I'm correct.  I can PM you the links that I have, but it's not everything.  If you can get the rest, just ask and I'll send you the links for the main and SI meshes.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Lots of the meshes are broken

Lots of the meshes are broken, you can't do much with 0.1. Wait for the next one.

Luckyfilmer
Luckyfilmer's picture
Johann wrote:

Johann wrote:

Luckyfilmer wrote:

The current version won't tell you what needs to be done, 0.2 will be a very large update if I'm correct.  I can PM you the links that I have, but it's not everything.  If you can get the rest, just ask and I'll send you the links for the main and SI meshes.

Could you send the links anyways, but I guess I will wait for 0.2 before I really try and help out.

Luckyfilmer
Luckyfilmer's picture
Johann wrote:

Johann wrote:

Luckyfilmer wrote:

Could you send the links anyways, but I guess I will wait for 0.2 before I really try and help out.

Luckyfilmer
Luckyfilmer's picture
Johann wrote:

Johann wrote:

Luckyfilmer wrote:

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Tripple post...

Triple post...

Johann
Johann's picture
Luckyfilmer wrote:

Luckyfilmer wrote:

Johann wrote:

Luckyfilmer wrote:

I sent you a PM with the links.

ThePapistacchio
ThePapistacchio's picture
Can I have the skyblivion 0.1

Can I have the skyblivion 0.1 please

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
ThePapistacchio wrote:

ThePapistacchio wrote:

Can I have the skyblivion 0.1 please

Sorry, but what the heck? That's like asking Bethesda to have TES 6. So, no.

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
Donor
(No subject)

James4832
James4832's picture
What I would like to know is

What I would like to know is whether or not it will be possible to make a complete playthrough of Oblivon with the release of 0.2? Will quests and NPCs be implemented or just landscape and Cities? I can't seem to find that info, so sorry if already asked.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
There are currently no quests

There are currently no quests in 0.2 but there are NPCs. No dialogue at the moment, so you can't really build quests.

James4832
James4832's picture
Okay, thanks, that's what I

Okay, thanks, that's what I wanted to know.

dapacman
dapacman's picture
Do you think that the hot key

Do you think that the hot key single spell activation could make a come back and make many gamers dream come true of becoming An OP Sneaking Arcane Archer? :)

terzer
terzer's picture
So what is the plan for

So what is the plan for future Skyblivion? Application, which converts existing installed Oblivion textures, voices and music for Skyrim, or entirely new textures, sounds and voices?

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Textures and sounds can

Textures and sounds can already be used directly. But we are planning on making a converter for Oblivion plugins.

terzer
terzer's picture
Then if using Oblivion

Then if using Oblivion textures and voices is legal, why you took down 0.1 version?

Oblivion plugins are DLCs or?

Thanks!

Pages