Pages

370 posts / 0 new
Last post
DIYDeath
DIYDeath's picture
I'm hoping for a 0.2 release

I'm hoping for a 0.2 release sometime next week, I want to test my new 780 ti with something buggy and inefficient (not a slam, its in alpha, of course its going to be buggy and inefficient for the time being) and hope the card has enough juice that it can absorb an alpha release and lol (not likely but one can hope, lol).

I'm also hoping for 1 of 2 things: better install instructions for the optional sections like shivering isles DLC or a installer.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
@LASentry Because you know

@LASentry

Because you know who is busy atm.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Ormin?

Ormin?

Drakonman
Drakonman's picture
I just got all new hardware

I just got all new hardware for my computer.. MY BODY IS READY FOR 0.2!

DracoSalieri
DracoSalieri's picture
Please, I beg you to keep

Please, I beg you to keep working on this. I am an epic fan of the series and lore. If anyone can do this, and do it well it is you. I played morroblivion and aside from some bugs (which would obviously happen on a project of that scale) I loved it and require the satisfaction of feeding my addiction. Keep up the good work.

patrick68794
patrick68794's picture
@DIY Death my 660ti doesn't

@DIY Death my 660ti doesn't have any problems with 0.1 so I don't think 0.2 will be a very good test for a 780ti lol

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
my GTX 560 has no problems

my GTX 560 has no problems (except when you have those big trees and grass together, then it goes down to around 40fps)

DIYDeath
DIYDeath's picture
@ patrick, I downsample and

@ patrick, I downsample and mess around a ton with the .ini file. With my tweaks it'll be a decent test since I'll be using crazy custom resolutions and so forth combined with ENBs and crazy 2-4k texture mods.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Please stop posting about

Please stop posting about hardware.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
If it is actually helping

If it is actually helping people to get an idea of the framerate and what they need to run it, it's not a problem.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Then open a new thread.

Then open a new thread. Hardware is irrelevant to "installation instructions".

Drakonman
Drakonman's picture
maybe we should post about

maybe we should post about the next installer then? ;)

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Will do.

Will do.

Drakonman
Drakonman's picture
(No subject)

:(

Mathwalker
Mathwalker's picture
Hey guys, any news about 0.2?

Hey guys, any news about 0.2?

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
It's probably best to stop

It's probably best to stop asking and just wait. It'll be out soon, hopefully.

Leekers
Leekers's picture
This may sound stupid, but is

This may sound stupid, but is there even anyone working on 0.2? I'm waiting so long now, and every time it is almost there, so yeah...

DIYDeath
DIYDeath's picture
zilav wrote: Please stop

zilav wrote:

Please stop posting about hardware.

In context its totally relevant but as you wish.

Drakonman
Drakonman's picture
Leekers wrote: This may sound

Leekers wrote:

This may sound stupid, but is there even anyone working on 0.2? I'm waiting so long now, and every time it is almost there, so yeah...

yeah they said they were gonna upload it two weeks ago... took off 0.1 and the instructions... never bothered to put 0.1 back or even release 0.2...
zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Skyblivion 0.1 has been

Skyblivion 0.1 has been removed because of a big influx of people caused by the recent Skywind video and it's appearance in almost all of the major gaming press sites. Unlike Skywind where at least a part of illegal content is already remade, Skyblivion 0.1 is a total hoax.

And thank you for the kind words "never bothered to ... even release 0.2", that really helps to justify the free time people spend on making it. Very inspiring for any developer.

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
Donor
Guys do you realize how

Guys do you realize how spoiled and ungrateful you sound right now?!? people invest their own free time to make an amazing mod that will be free for anyone with a copy of Skyrim and Oblivion... there was a good reason why 0.1 was taken down and 0.2 is currently being worked on. you should be ashamed of yourselves... if you dont like waiting, make your own oblivion total conversion mod or support the people who are currently working on it.. but dont bitch and complain about how its taking too long just because you want to play it soo badly.

what Im trying to say is either support those who are working on it or be quit and wait patiently.

tommythegun
tommythegun's picture
Contributor
I suggest adding every person

I suggest adding every person that WAIT SO LONG FOR THIS to contributors list.

Guys, they do more than you - you are just being lazy not working 48 hours a day on it while they actually suffer having to wait sooooooo long. If they die from waiting - the blood is on your hands! They are the Jesus of this site.

icedwinter
icedwinter's picture
The longer you wait the

The longer you wait the better it will be,don't you understand guys who are working on this are NOT getting paid. skywind isn't even finished yet , the mods that are being made are not just mods they are mega mods bigger than dlc and cyrodil is bigger than skyrim. it takes time to put a completely separate game into one that is already made. By all rights you should be happy that this is fan made and not corporate or you would be paying for each one. 

TheLakerOne
TheLakerOne's picture
So Skyblivion 0.1 has been

So Skyblivion 0.1 has been taken off because of too many people coming here?

icedwinter
icedwinter's picture
Focus is  on one thing at the

Focus is  on one thing at the moment! Skywind.

TheLakerOne
TheLakerOne's picture
And thats completely alright,

And thats completely alright, but why isnt it downloadable anymore? I mean having Skyblivion available doesnt affect Skywinds development in any negative way, does it?

Apav
Apav's picture
The perks of a community

The perks of a community growing bigger... please guys just be patient. This has gotten a little out of hand. You didn't pay $.01 for this so you aren't entitled to their work at all. It's gracious enough that they're making this public, if it was a private mod they wouldn't have to worry about the legalities as much.

I still don't really understand why you guys took .1 down, but I'm hoping you're not forcefully trying to put the project on hold.

TheLakerOne
TheLakerOne's picture
Neither do I, and its hard to

Neither do I, and its hard to get attracted to the project, let alone actually help with it, if you cant download it. Couldnt you just reupload 0.1 if 0.2 needs some more time? Id be okay with that, and the others certainly too. Because id actually like to contribute in some way. :\

Leekers
Leekers's picture
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to harm anyone. I know how hard you guys are working on it, but it was just a question. I guess we have to do like Rebelsize said: either support those who are working on it or be quit and wait patiently

Drakonman
Drakonman's picture
Rebelzize wrote: Guys do you

Rebelzize wrote:

Guys do you realize how spoiled and ungrateful you sound right now?!? people invest their own free time to make an amazing mod that will be free for anyone with a copy of Skyrim and Oblivion... there was a good reason why 0.1 was taken down and 0.2 is currently being worked on. you should be ashamed of yourselves... if you dont like waiting, make your own oblivion total conversion mod or support the people who are currently working on it.. but dont bitch and complain about how its taking too long just because you want to play it soo badly.

what Im trying to say is either support those who are working on it or be quit and wait patiently.

Excuse me? well I'm sorry that they removed the instructions for 0.1. i cant even invest my time and effort to work on it anymore with it gone... 

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Well the reasoning is fair,

Well the reasoning is fair, so let's just wait and I'm sure it will come out. It's a massive project for just a couple-few people.

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
Donor
TheLakerOne wrote: So

TheLakerOne wrote:

So Skyblivion 0.1 has been taken off because of too many people coming here?

It was taking off beause of legal issues I'll just quote Zilav :p ''Skyblivion 0.1 has been removed because of a big influx of people caused by the recent Skywind video and it's appearance in almost all of the major gaming press sites. Unlike Skywind where at least a part of illegal content is already remade, Skyblivion 0.1 is a total hoax.''

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
Donor
I wanna make clear why 0.1

I wanna make clear why 0.1 has been taken down so here we go :)

Zilav already explained this but his comment has been pushed down the list because of the arguments xD which is okey as long as we treat each other with respect..

so here is why: ''Skyblivion 0.1 has been removed because of a big influx of people caused by the recent Skywind video and it's appearance in almost all of the major gaming press sites. Unlike Skywind where at least a part of illegal content is already remade, Skyblivion 0.1 is a total hoax.''

this should explain why 0.1 has been taken down and why we have to wait for 0.2 to start working on Skyblivion again.. 0.1 was broken and more like a proof of concept then anything else and you cant work on a broken game :)

merry Christmas and happy holidays guys!

p.s if you see people asking why 0.1 has been taken down please explain why like I did above to prevent confusion 

gidz89
gidz89's picture
0.2 will be here eventually

0.2 will be here eventually just have a bit of patience, to mess around with Skyblivion just for fun then convert it yourself using the tools just don't make it public. :)

Drakonman
Drakonman's picture
im 90% sure they are just

im 90% sure they are just teasing us now." oh oh you want this? heres a screen shot of it.. oh but don't touch! it will come soon... Blizzard SOON ;D" 

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
I spend quite a lot of time

I spend quite a lot of time in game testing various aspects of it, and pressing PrintScrn button once in a while is not a hard job.

Unfortunately you haven't learned anything from my previous reply.

Orgaya
Orgaya's picture
To be fair, most of the

To be fair, most of the people waiting for an update are patient and haven't posted so you wouldn't have to spend time away from that or other things.  The loud ones are bound to draw more attention to themselves.

As for the rest of us, we know you are working very hard and appreciate the dedication and care you put into what you are doing.  Your work is astounding.  So take your time.

zimbb
zimbb's picture
you're so damn right! 0.2

you're so damn right! 0.2 will be released when it will be done, and I think, it would be pretty loud release in Oblivion modding community, just like Skywind or Morroblivion.

Drakonman
Drakonman's picture
zilav wrote: I spend quite a

zilav wrote:

I spend quite a lot of time in game testing various aspects of it, and pressing PrintScrn button once in a while is not a hard job.

Unfortunately you haven't learned anything from my previous reply.

You completely misinterpreted everything iv said. I understand the amount of testing and hard work programing a stable and bugless converter.What i meant by remove the installation from the previous post is that i have all the files downloaded just no install instruction anymore. I would like to continue working on my mod for it but i cant because i simply don't know how to install the files i have now with my new computer. Also when iv been told that it was ready and it was only a matter of creating an installer so I should "expected posted this weekend or in a few days" that was two weeks ago. What impression do you think that gives me? maybe one along the lines of it being nearly finished? Especially when word has been flying around saying that Ormin was playing it without Issue.

I apologize for making jokes. i understand how much time and effort you put into this and im not trying to discredit that at all.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
You need to know that free

You need to know that free community projects never have deadlines. "Tomorrow" can easily change into a month or two depending on various obstacles. :)

icedwinter
icedwinter's picture
Why dont you guys find a way

Why dont you guys find a way to help out, i am thinking that allot of you might be able to help with going ahead and using the ck or watever im sure some of you may even make good voice actors. Report bugs about skywind like how the stairs are difficult to walk up but easy to walk down , and how the light house has a tree placed directly in front of the upperlevel door btw i walked up there, and wow the fire at the top looks so real at night i really enjoy standing in front of it.

Drakonman
Drakonman's picture
zilav wrote: You need to know

zilav wrote:

You need to know that free community projects never have deadlines. "Tomorrow" can easily change into a month or two depending on various obstacles. :)

I apologize again for it. In my life deadline are important (to the point i lose my job) and that sort of gets programmed into your brain hardcore and you forget what setting your in sometimes.  Again i was just making stupid jokes. 

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
Just to put everything in

Just to put everything in perspective, Skyblivion is now only Zilav and Ormin.

BUT they're kicking serious @ss, making giant leaps and reducing so much the workload later for us other devs later on.

Also yeah, no deadline :)

no1
no1's picture
i say the deadline should be

i say the deadline should be  before skywind is totally done and before elder scroll 6 is done till than take al the time u need

but t would be cool to see v0.2  released around the time when armor and clothing are done 

Leekers
Leekers's picture
I think when 0.2 will be

I think when 0.2 will be released a lot will be done by zilav and ormin. I mean, if the quest conversion would work, we don't have to do any voice acting and i think landscaping is almost done! Would it be a beta then :p ?

btw Vrolijk Kerstfeest!

TheLakerOne
TheLakerOne's picture
You do know that 0.1 is still

You do know that 0.1 is still available somewhere?

Recently found it and thought I should let you know.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
I suspect that the files are

I suspect that the files are still uploaded but you have to search google docs or wherever they're uploaded for them.

Johann
Johann's picture
LASentry wrote: I suspect

LASentry wrote:

I suspect that the files are still uploaded but you have to search google docs or wherever they're uploaded for them.

The files I uploaded are still available.  I don't know about the rest.

FlaviusD
FlaviusD's picture
Donor
Can't wait for 0.2,

Can't wait for 0.2, interested to get in there in check it out!

Xikiri
Xikiri's picture
I am sincerely excited to see

I am sincerely excited to see how this goes.

Pages