12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Enter_77
Enter_77's picture
[Chorrol] Interiors and NPCs progress thread

Some small work done within the Chorrol worldspace.

Plug-in & FaceGen meshes/textures (12 June 2013) attached to this message

NPCs edited (43 faces edited; all NPCs within the Chorrol worldspace)
ALL Chorrol NPCs edited on this UESP list except for the following:
Areldur
Kellen
ALL under Weynon Prior category
ALL under Stables category
Antus Odil
Rallus Odil
Wallace

NOTE Stats, AI Data, and Spells were changed, but are temporary until final revision. Relationships have also been set up for NPCs where appropriate (such as hubsand-wife, father-sons)

Interiors navmeshed (all 58 done, but still need to be finalized when meshes fixed)
SKIPPED due to test or empty cells: TES4Chorrol, TES4ChorrolArena, TES4ChorrolCastle, TES4ChorrolExt, TES4ChorrolStable

NOTE: TES4ChorrolHouseForSale was navmeshed without the added furnishings toggled on. Navcut collission boxes can be added later whose enable parents are the purchased furniture parents.

TES4NorthernGoodsAndTrade

Navmesh is finished, but still needs its cover drawn and then finalized so it can link to the Chorrol worldspace.

Here's what I added and edited in the ported data. Maybe it could be used as a guideline for the rest of the cells, but I haven't looked into Skywind so there might already be a standard set.

Location = TES4ChorrolNorthernGoodsAndTradeLocation
* Keywords: LocTypeDwelling, LocTypeStore
* Incomplete data:
- Parent location: will need to be linked to a TES4ChorrolWorldLocation once it's been created.

Seed-Neeus

Dialogue and AI missing, so the merchant services haven't been tested yet. Stats were set to their TESIV equivalent; not sure if there's standard for how the ported gameplay data should be managed because of levelling differences in the games. Besides that, everything should be ready.

Actor Flags = Essential, Unique
Traits = NONE (Skin), FemaleArgonian (VoiceType)*
Stats = Lv. 6, Auto calc stats, TrainerSpeechcraftExpert (Class)
Factions = Ported data + JobTrainerFaction, JobTrainerSpeechcraftFaction
Relationships = Mother to TES4DarMa**
AI Data = Unaggressive, Average (Conf.), Allies (Assist.)
Inventory = TES4SeedNeeusOutfit (Outfit)*** + ported data

Dar-Ma

About the same number of edits and additions made to Dar-Ma.

Actor Flags = Essential, Unique
Traits = NONE (Skin), 40 (Weight), FemaleArgonian (VoiceType)*
Stats = Lv. 6, Auto calc stats, CombatScout (Class)
Relationships = Daughter to TES4SeedNeeus**
AI Data = Unaggressive, Brave (Conf.), Allies (Assist.), 80 (Energy)
Inventory = TES4DarMaOutfit (Outfit)*** + ported data

* VoiceType - since each race in Oblivion had one voice type in the folder structure, maybe voice types can be created in the future with the name format: TES4<Race name>Voice
** Relationships - this data type didn't exist in TESIV, but it could be added to select NPCs when appropriate to maintain AI interactions.
*** Outfits - TESV NPCs don't equip armor/clothing in their inventory unless they're contained within a preset outfit, so I went ahead and created two unique outfits, one for each of the edited NPCs. The outfits contain the original clothing they came with from the ported data.

AttachmentSize
File chorrol.7z2.53 MB
Edited by: Enter_77 on 09/29/2015 - 15:23
LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Looks sick, keep up the good

Looks sick, keep up the good work!

Thanakor
Thanakor's picture
Nice work man  

Nice work man :D

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
I can make outfits out of

I can make outfits out of inventories for all npcs with a script, the problem is armors/clothes are not converted yet. That's why all npcs are using Skyrim's outfits as placeholders to avoid nudity.

Tips:

1) avoid creating new outfits manually for now

2) don't create quests and dialogs, they'll be converted later like in Skywind.

3) modify only existing AI packages already assigned to npcs like in Oblivion, you can remove some if Skyrim allows more actions in a single package than Oblivion.

Enter_77
Enter_77's picture
Okay, I'll restore the NPCs'

Okay, I'll restore the NPCs' inventories and delete the new outfits that were made.

Is creating new Locations and Relationships fine?

EDIT: New .esp uploaded. All Chorrol interiors have been navmeshed (58) except for the empty and test cells. Since some meshes are missing, it'll need to be double-checked and finalized in the future

Going to work on Chorrol NPCs next.

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
Enter_77 wrote: Is creating

Enter_77 wrote:

Is creating new Locations and Relationships fine?

it should be, yes. I created the Locations manually for Skywind... As long as things don't exist/are radically in oblivion (because of new game mechanisms and such) it's fine to create them manually, as a general rule.

When they exist in Oblivion, let's leverage Zilav's magic (= scripts).

Enter_77
Enter_77's picture
Finished all NPCs face

Finished all NPCs face editing. Used eye dropper tools again to match the skin as best as I could but without making skin color too saturated as it was in TES4.

I lowered the jaw height and increased the width for NPC's with rounder faces. I kept all NPCs without facial hair except for a couple. If an NPC in TES4 had a very dark chin and upper lip compared to the rest of the skin tone, I added a shaved beard.

This will be the last update for a while. Hope it helps with the project in the future.

andynev1
andynev1's picture
Oh that's cool, I hope they

Oh that's cool, I hope they aren't too round and ugly though! Oblivions Npcs were just so ugly haha!

Enter_77
Enter_77's picture
It wasn't possible to make

It wasn't possible to make the faces as round as they were in TESIV, so they won't appear out of place.

Here's Eugal, who had the roundest face of the edited NPCs. It will show the limit in TESV:

Forgot to say in the previous post that NPCs age in Skyrim were set to their counterparts in Oblivion. So if an NPC had an age of 15 - 39 on the TESIV slider, the default skin texture was selected in TESV. 40 - 49 = age 40 skin, and 50 - 59 = age 50 skin. It's best to go by what's available in Skyrim for a specific race and choose the one that was most likely intended in TESIV based on the age slider.

no1
no1's picture
looking so good no more wierd

looking so good no more wierd oblivion faces but normal guy's where u can say hey thats a nord ore imperiel and the beast races brrrr

Vivec
Vivec's picture
As I was looking at the

As I was looking at the Argonian screens I realised something. Dar'ma(was that her name? On about the kidnapped Argonian) had a really different voice in Oblivion to what the smoker voice will make it sound like. Do you guys think we'll be able to port over Oblivion voices?

And on topic, these look great and as similar as you can get.

GrimWeeder
GrimWeeder's picture
excellent 

excellent