Pages

81 posts / 0 new
Last post
anthelius
anthelius's picture
Thanks for the update we

Thanks for the update ;) we have the original trees converted now but we can still add some of your trees for even more diversity (especially the big oaks, they are awesome in the great forest).

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Thank heaps for all the work

Thank heaps for all the work you've done over the years Ga-Knomboe Boy with trees and grass...legend :) Any chance you want to join the project for a short time? I was thinking Skywind first, plenty to do with grass, plants and trees.

Sjors Boomschors
Sjors Boomschors's picture
Contributor
@ Ga-Knomboe Boy: The

@Ga-Knomboe Boy:
The “GKB Trees” look really well made and very realistic; keep up the work, resources with models like that you don’t find very often.

Happychappy is correct; we could really use some help in bringing the Oblivion and Morrowind trees to the Skyrim standard, or just making look-a-like's. The thing is we really would like to use trees or plants that have a more same look as in the original games. A replacement object simply does not give the same result or nostalgic feeling.

The Oblivion trees I worked on have the same look but are for now still lacking a realistic functionality, maybe you could improve them and include them in your package one day.

Ga-Knomboe Boy
Ga-Knomboe Boy's picture
I'm generally pretty swamped

I'm generally pretty swamped with work because I'm working full time at an architecture office and finishing my  architecture masters doing full time at uni. However, recently I actually ported 30 or so of vurt's morrowind trees to work for a morrowind mod in skyrim.

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/images/35789-2-13680...g

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/35789/

If you ask for vurts permission you will immediately have access to his bitter coast trees and what would otherwise take probably a month to go through.

anthelius
anthelius's picture
We already have vurt's

We already have vurt's permission, I've converted some of his trees (without collision)some time ago, but there was not much interest on the forum: http://morroblivion.com/forums/skyrim/skywind-mod-releases/4531

The trees in shadow of morrowind are a bit weird, looks like they have almost no foliage (must be a problem with UV mapping or one sided textures).

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Right I've finally had a look

Right I've finally had a look at your tree replacer anthelius and great work on the conversions. There was no plugin in the download.

The shadow of morrowind has alpha settings on foliage set to an amount that makes them disappear. Might be on purpose to make them look burnt/dead, but also not right with leaves hanging in space.

Ga-Knomboe Boy
Ga-Knomboe Boy's picture
Hey guys, big update to GKB

Hey guys, big update to GKB green trees which is mainly for your cyrodil landscapes:

NEW VERSION G.7700 ("Wo is a towel" DEV VERSION)   4 Giant Sequioas [giantredwood.nif & gkbgiantredwood in menu] 7 Coast Redwoods [coastredwood.nif  & gkbcoastredwood in menu] 4 Cyrodil Trees [gkbcyrodil.nif & gkbcyrodil in menu] 2 Cyrodil Cypress [gkbcyrodilcypress.nif  & gkbcyrodilcypress in menu] 2 Snow Gum Trees [snowgum.nif & gkbsnowgum in menu] LOD's for all new trees Normals to v3 trees LOD's for v3 trees Various tweaks   Download   http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19268/?   Pics:    
anthelius
anthelius's picture
That's a really nice work

That's a really nice work (the cypresses look really incredible), I'll copy it to beyond skyrim forums since they're really interested too ; )

If you're looking for ideas we still have a few missing models ; )

Ga-Knomboe Boy
Ga-Knomboe Boy's picture
Heyo, new release Caribou

Heyo, new release Caribou Gone is out. I've released it as a separate mod as the biggest change is its an overhaul to the skyrim game world. However it also adds the following new trees -

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/41460/

-cyrodil maples -scots pines -remade cedars & new cedars (not the giant redwoods) -maple bushes -rhododendron bushes -gkb pines (similar to spruce trees)  
zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Thanks, looks very

Thanks, looks very interesting!

anthelius
anthelius's picture
I'll update my plugins with

I'll update my plugins with your new trees : ). For the 0.2 release, I'd recommend to merge the version with SB converted trees thought, so we can have a complete package (we can always improve them later) .

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
I think it is better to merge

I think it is better to merge finished stuff, or at least working. Afaik current converted trees have a problem with normals.

For trees you might also want to look at http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/38651/?

Btw Ormin fixed your grass and it'll be included in 0.2

anthelius
anthelius's picture
Thanks him a lot : ) Yes I

Thanks him a lot : ) Yes I know for ztree's package, there are some nice trees for us (ginkgo, poplars, junipers). I'll up/downscale some of them and try to create correct lod. There are only 5 or 6 trees missing now...

anthelius
anthelius's picture
http://www.sendspace.com/file

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7ck6q1

New version, requires gkb caribou gone and ztree hodminir pack. I haven't regened the lod yet. Overwrite if asked.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Very nice screenshots,

Very nice screenshots, however those saturated ztrees doesn't look good together with gkb. So maybe use only caribou which also simplifies lod creation?

Damn I really like the last 2 shots. Imagine that with fixed grass, objects lod and new weathers/imagespaces :)

no1
no1's picture
ya the lower 2 screen shots

ya the lower 2 screen shots look just perfect but the top 1 not whats up whit that ?

anthelius
anthelius's picture
sorry, double post...

sorry, double post...

anthelius
anthelius's picture
Yep but that's the only

Yep but that's the only correct poplar aviable, maybe I'll tweak the texture a little...

another screen from blackwood:

for now we still need: east hemlock, willow oak, sycamore, dogwood with white flowers, yew, black locust, ironwood. The two first are the most important.

Apav
Apav's picture
How did you get distant LOD

How did you get distant LOD to look so good in these pictures? The first picture in the first post for instance... gorgeous. The graphics aspect is really starting to come together. 

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
GKB released a new version of

GKB released a new version of Caribou Gone!

I hope you'll incorporate it together with bushes and LOD :)

Samdowd14
Samdowd14's picture
hey i''m having some issues

hey i''m having some issues installing this. i have gotten the meshes installed and showing up in game but the textures are turning up purple. Is there a specific place i need to put plant textures in my data folder? Right now i just extracted them all straight into my data folder.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Yes, I never got how to

Yes, I never got how to install these addons either - the closest I got was having LOD models instead of the Full quality ones - even up close.

anthelius
anthelius's picture
I have remade most of the

I have remade most of the missing oblivion trees with various resources for beyond skyrim cyrodiil, but of course you can use them too : )

https://mega.co.nz/#!ldEgzBxQ!qcQ2Cj8RPb5L-yJvIzTKzSc1S0FLor...

Screens here: http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/topic/4597-flora-status/...

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Very nice!

Very nice!

I'm using your original plugin with some updates from Caribou Gone

If you are interested in finishing your work (adding new trees and integrating them on lod atlas), please PM me :)

anthelius
anthelius's picture
There are only a few trees to

There are only a few trees to replace now, and I've already made a custom tree atlas with the vanilla tes4 billboard textures, don't know if it's still online with the previous packs though (at least it can be used as a template).

If I have time perhaps I'll recreate better bushes next, I'll keep you updated : )

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
I updated your plugin a bit,

I updated your plugin a bit, and now using atlas from Caribou Gone mod. Would be nice if you can handle all the flora including proper lod (and replace some trees in atlas from gkb since they are lacking in quality and/or have a black outline). As I said, PM when ready, you'll be amazed with the current state of Skyblivion, and good looking trees, bushes and lod will make it even better :)

Sjors Boomschors
Sjors Boomschors's picture
Contributor
@Anthelius:

@Anthelius:
Those trees look good but those bushes look crap, please don't make font bushes (they look like re-textured super sized grass models), you can probably do better than that.

anthelius
anthelius's picture
@zilav: I won't have much

@zilav: I won't have much time this week, but then why not, I'd really like to see what it looks like without the constant ctds ^^.

@SB : The meshes are not from me, they are from gkb or ztree, I've only retextured them. I know it's not perfect, but still better than the current ones, and the ingame result is not really far from original tes4 billboard bushes (of course, if someone skilled wants to create new full 3d models...)

TheBusStop
TheBusStop's picture
Is it possible to add cypress

Is it possible to add cypress trees like these to the Gold coast, I always had an Italian feel with that area an I think that cypresses would really fit

Jewelie
Jewelie's picture
I love the flora, looks

I love the flora, looks gorgeous, colourful and natural. I also appreciate the mountains, I remember them being more grey than green in the original Cyrodiil, which in my opinion, didn't suit the overall terrain. Good work, thank you. :)

Pages