Hi, so to start off the great treck to get the Dwemer tilesets underway, we first need textures to model around. So After looking at a bunch of very inspirational pictures I decided to start!
Textures will be put here for critisizim as the dwemer stuff is quite a touchy area of Morrowind in terms of how people want it to look.
These detail maps are textures that 3d artists take only small parts from. The entire texture will never be all in the same place.
- Still a work in progress, But thought I would share it to get some idea of how you think it should be
Quick and dirty example of what you could do with these textures. Note that the poly count is way too low and really should be 2 or 3000 and animated.
Concept artists, if you want you can feel free to make some patters for me to incorperate into these textures.
The plan for the textures is this
- Brass/Copper/Iron mixed mechanical texture for generical machines
- Second Brass/Copper/Iron mixed texture for variation
- Cleaner more hard texture, most likely with some form of brick for the roof
- Dual use tiling texture for the floor, With stone and metal elements
- Mixed rusted iron texture for older more damp areas
- 'Rounded' items texture for things like gears.
- Flat metal
- Flat stone
There will also be a number of overlay textures
- Dwemer carved writing with grafiti layer
- Rust and corrosion
- General use mechanical item overlay (Pipes, Wires, knobs etc)
There may also be another few textures, however we need the dwemer to have the largest variation we possibly can, Especially since these textures can be used for so many different areas, including non-dwemer areas (Metal trim can be used in imperial places)