Oblisgr
Oblisgr's picture
Khuul NPC AI Packages (v.1.00)

This mod adds AI Packages to every NPC in Khuul
Requires Morroblivion 0.54

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/42716 

03/09/12
Version 1.00

1. Every NPC in the village of Khuul will have a job. Some of them are work at the local egg mine, while the rest are fishermen.
2. Added some new Animations like (standing on the wall, dancing and others) to be used wherever they are needed and also used the Morroblivion animations like fihing for example.
3. Made all the commoners flee at danger.
4. Fixed the Path grid so now they will walk properly.
5. Added eat/drink/sleep packages to every npc in Khuul
6. Added a tent for the guards and tents for travel services. They also have a life now.
7. Made a couple of relationships between npcs.
8. Fixed the Kwamma queen to stay still and not climbing on walls.
9. Redoran guard now patrols egg mine too.
9. Fixed some beds that npcs didnt had access as well some minor bugs.

Report any bugs you find, so they will be fixed and a future update.
Thanks

Edited by: Oblisgr on 09/03/2012 - 11:44
Oblisgr
Oblisgr's picture
Hello, I am now working in

Hello, 

I am now working in Khuul, a small fishing village in the north Vhandefell. There is an Egg mine near where the people will work daily. Plus there will be some fishermen too.

The egg mine is a good excuse to give a basic lore for the homeless people of the town.

Do you guys wanna see something in particular there?

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Since Khuul is a fishing

Since Khuul is a fishing village, you may find some use for fishing idles I made once working on Ald Velothi.
See 'mwAldVelothiGanusFishing' package for the example of use

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Cool... or should I say

Cool... or should I say "Khuul" ... hahahahaha.  :D

Oblisgr
Oblisgr's picture
Guys how you think about the

Guys how you think about the sleepers in town?

I read a bit about them, and they seem to be peacefull people that they just believe in DagothUr. There is a sleeper there, and I made him walk out in the night, head to an isolated place, spawn a DagothUr small staue with script and make him pray on this. After the prayer ends the statue will dissapear (because he place it there). Anything else a sleeper can do?

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Spawning
Be carful of "spawning" things that reoccur over and over again. For things that are killed and disappear, PlaceAtMe is fine. For something that will be done a bunch of times, you really need to create persistant references and move them around, rather than creating new non-persistant ones and then disabling them when not used. This is the definition of "bloat." There really should be an entire 6th house faction. If you're going to do something with this, it would be better to think the whole thing through first, and from the bottom, rather than just from the sleeper's point of view. Why are they there in the first place? What does Dagoth Ur stand to gain from creating them? What does he want them to do? Apparently Dagoth Ur spends a great deal of energy on them, and there are hints in a couple of the quests that the ash-statue smuggling ring is a large operaton. For what? To what end? These are the questions that were left open in Morrowind. To move forward, these blanks need to be filled in first.
PiroXiline
PiroXiline's picture
Numidium

I thought that in Morrowind, Dagoth Ur plans was realy explained:
 http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Dagoth_Ur%27s_Plans
This is "official top secret" version )

Oblisgr
Oblisgr's picture
There were problem to give

There were problem to give ownership to the statue spawned by the script, that why I placed that in his house, and he prays there. Actually I thought that his house has to be locked most of the day, and he has to have higher aggression than common npcs. Sleepers dont like strangers involved in their beliefs (in Morrowind as I can remember they were attacking the player when he made then exposed) because it something secret and that why the sleppers have to easily attack the player when he is tresspasing their property. 

From UESPwiki: 

After you have returned the Dwemer Puzzle Box during the Antabolis Informant quest, you will notice various Dunmer people approaching you at night. They will speak oddly about the rise of Dagoth Ur and call themselves "Sleepers". If you are a Dunmer yourself they will invite you to come to the Red Mountain and join the Sixth House. If you are not, they will warn you to leave Morrowind while you still can. Each time they speak to you, their disposition towards you will drop. Be careful, if they hate you enough they might attack you.

Oblisgr
Oblisgr's picture
From Khuul

Eh nothing special...

I just found a beautiful moment from the nearly completed Khuul and I though to share it with you.

together with a brand new animation from Skyrim...

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Ownership
Once an item becomes a Persistant Reference you can do things to it, like SetOwnership. YourAshStatueReference.SetOwnership YourNPCBaseID For the parameter, use the base of the object, not the reference to the base that is placed somewhere in the world.
Oblisgr
Oblisgr's picture
I did this... still no

I did this... still no ownership!

Anyway I changed the package

brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
Animation
How did you get a skyrim animation to work with oblivion npcs?
Oblisgr
Oblisgr's picture
You create them.I have

You create them.

I have completed the mod. You can download from the first topic

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
You mean, you created the

You mean, you created the animations from scratch?
Also, it looks like you've forgotten to include them in download.

Oblisgr
Oblisgr's picture
No i didnt created them by

No i didnt created them by myself. 

Damn you are right! 

I re-upload the full directory

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Why do you always create new

Why do you always create new food items, potions and books? :quest:

And to the actual bug-reports: when NPC go to 'work' in eggmine, they start to fight with Kwama Warriors with obvious results (Kwama Warriors are quite powerful creatures)

Oblisgr
Oblisgr's picture
Seriously? In my game there

I use tokens for packages that are easy to find (because they have 00), they dont have any value so the player will not get advantage if they stuck in npcs inventory. If a player uses some kind of Inventory mod (add/remove items etc) those items (-1) tend to stuck. Even if it is happening, those items have not any value and their use is too low to be used as an abuse from player. 

Seriously? In my game there are not such problems. Kwama and npcs are friendly. They fight only the foragers. Maybe it because I use Morowind_Ob - Faction Relationships.esp

Do you use this?

EDIT:

Wait... you said Kwama Warrior eh? They tend to be Hostile creatures together with the Foragers.

How I shall make Hostile creature suddenly become friendly. Its opposite to the lore.

Do the npcs tend to train those beasts?

I have put the redoran guards make patrols there. Maybe I shall put 1-2 redoran guards stay there all the time and kill the hostile beasts. The commoners just flee...

Oblisgr
Oblisgr's picture
Anyway tell me what items you

Anyway tell me what items you want me to put for:

Eating

Drinking (this will be hard escept you know to do it in general)

Reading

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Maybe it because I use

Maybe it because I use Morowind_Ob - Faction Relationships.esp ?

I use it too.

How I shall make Hostile creature suddenly become friendly. Its opposite to the lore.

According to the lore Kwama Warriors only tolerate the miners, but are hostile to the invaders.

The commoners just flee...

They don't.

Anyway tell me what items you want me to put for:

Eating

Drinking (this will be hard escept you know to do it in general)

Reading

For eating anything with "Food Item" checked will do. I usually use kwama eggs or bread, sometimes meat. 
What you put for drinking will define the object used in animation. For vanilla drinks it'll be either jug or bottle of wine. For Morroblivion drinks it will be Morrowind style tankard or mead barrel for Mead. For anything else it'll be generic potion bottle.
For reading any generic book is suitable. And you don't need to set it to '-1', NPC can read the same book infinetely :)

Oblisgr
Oblisgr's picture
According to the lore Kwama

According to the lore Kwama Warriors only tolerate the miners, but are hostile to the invaders.

Maybe they shall be in the same faction with people working in mine. I will create a new faction for Eggminers and EggWorkers and add ir to the people working there. And the guards that visit the mine (my guards are unique).

Or you have to propose something else?

The commoners just flee...

They don't.

Strange because I have add them confidence 30. Anyway I shall check this again and make some testing. 

For eating anything with "Food Item" checked will do. I usually use kwama eggs or bread, sometimes meat. 
What you put for drinking will define the object used in animation. For vanilla drinks it'll be either jug or bottle of wine. For Morroblivion drinks it will be Morrowind style tankard or mead barrel for Mead. For anything else it'll be generic potion bottle.

OK I will fix it.

For reading any generic book is suitable. And you don't need to set it to '-1', NPC can read the same book infinetely 

What if any vile player pickpockets them... hehehe

They will idle or steal!

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Confidence 30 may be not low

Confidence 30 may be not low enough. See here: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php/Confidence

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Factions
I had to work like crazy on factions to get everybody in Morrowind to play nice with each other. In some cases, playing "nice" means Kwama Warriors attacking NPC's like they are supposed to. Most creatures, and a fair number of NPC's in close proximity to them have been added to the Daedra and Dremora Factions, which is what causes them to attack normal NPC's. Rather than playing with factions and hoping that this will work, it would be better to update the Egg Mine itself. There are docile/stationary versions of the Kwama. You could spend hours working with factions, like I did... especially since there are mods out there that change faction relations, like FCOM in my case, makes Massive changes. If you have to, delete existing creatures and/or spawnpoints that generate potentially hostile Kwama, and replace them with creatures and/or spawnpoints that will generate the docile Kwama.
Oblisgr
Oblisgr's picture
Rather than playing with

Rather than playing with factions and hoping that this will work, it would be better to update the Egg Mine itself. There are docile/stationary versions of the Kwama.

I will not hurt your factions. Nobody will hurt them... :D Relax I was thinking about to make a unique faction (like the one I make for roomates) that will include kwama creature from the specific mine and all the miners. It will be something like the Roomates. This way all the kwama will recognize a small number of specific npcs as faction friends and they will not attack them. I will not make any relations so nothing will be changed. If a strange npc or the player gets in the mine, they will attack it as they were supposed to do this.

Confidence 30 may be not low enough.

Sorry I dont understand what this link means. Maybe it has to do with the mob that attacks. For example if my level 1 player character will attack the town, the guards will attack me and the npcs will flee. This worked with confidence 30. Why this is not working for the kwamma it possible has to do with complicated calculations.

From UESPWiki:

Confidence: A measure of how likely the actor is to attack or flee in combat. It is a threshold for a hidden complicated, deterministic calculation. A setting of 100 guarantees the actor will never flee, while 0 means it will always flee.

0 seems too low for a realistic npc. Actally nobody afraids everything, apart from some unique examples. Afterall if the Kwamma will be friendly to the npcs (we could say that the warrior know them from birth and they recognize their smell) it is not nessessary to adjust confidence too. I believe that as higher is the level of the enemy as many possibilities has an npc to flee.

Oblisgr
Oblisgr's picture
The other way is to remove

The other way is to remove all  the leveled creature lists from the mine and add specific creatures there that will belong to the PanudEggMineFaction. Also the miners will belong there too. And there will peace among them but hated to everyone else in the world.

I checked in what faction alla kwammas belong. They have moXKwamaFactionX and I ask myself why creature that belong to the same faction, behave differently. I mean workers and warrior both belong to the same faction, why the warrior are hostile and the workers are not. It has to do with something else?

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
I mean workers and warrior

I mean workers and warrior both belong to the same faction, why the warrior are hostile and the workers are not. It has to do with something else?

Yes, Aggression

Oblisgr
Oblisgr's picture
Yes, you are right! Aggresion

Yes, you are right! Aggresion I forgot it.

I will try to fix this... 

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Kwama Faction
Hashmi changed the factions of every creature he updated, and I tried to change them back when I merged, but obviously I did not catch the Kwama. This was done after I had left Vvardenfell, so I have no idea how this will impact anything. I have what they were before being updated, so I will change them back to what they are supposed to be in the next release. I had included some of the Kwama in the Morrowind Faction so they would play nice with the miners. Since all of that was undone, I now understand why the Kwama were behaving erratically.
Oblisgr
Oblisgr's picture
I made some testing without

I made some testing without any changes just to observe.

The warriors dont attack miners or npcs. The guard attack it normally. Actually when they see the player they choose to attack the player. The npcs were walking net to them following the path grid and each other ignore themselves. Miners do that too. The warriors didnt care for people there.

Now if the warrior attacks player the miners and npcs ignore the fight. If the warrior attack the redoran guard, they attack it too. Posibly because the redoran guard belongs to the 0factmorrowind & 0GoodCitizenFaction and they tent to support him. The guard also belongs to the 0redoran faction which cause him to attack the warrior.

The choices are the folowing:

1. Make the warriors and foragers belong to 0factmorrowind faction, which I believe it will cause it not to attack any npcs at all (at least those who belong to the same faction), but only the player, since the player doesnt belong to that faction but the playerfaction. This will cause the kwamma to be friendly to any npc that belongs to this faction (to more specific everyone in the game).

2.Create a new faction for the EggMine and add it to the miners/npcs/and every kwama creature. This will cause everyone to be happy to each other, but still the kwamma will be hostile to stranger npcs and the player. Of course if a miner fromt his mine meets a kwamma in some other place, they will be peacefull again. Of course the problem is that if the player or an other npcs attacks a miner, alla the kwamma will run to defend him.

I cannot think anything else....

Oblisgr
Oblisgr's picture
I have released the Mod for

I have released the Mod for Khuul.

Find the file on at the first post

Oblisgr
Oblisgr's picture
Hey guys! How are you? Long

Hey guys! How are you? Long time no see.

I was a bit busy.

I wanted to ask if you merged this mod to the main big mod.

Thanks

anithinks
anithinks's picture
Is this mod needed

Is this mod needed separately, or included in MO v060?

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
No, it's not merged. (still

No, it's not merged. (still needs some work)