Pages

100 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ice
Ice's picture
Expect a big update and good

Expect a big update and good news tommorrow!

Ice
Ice's picture
Alright! Morroblivion

Alright! Morroblivion worldspace has been updated.

I used HeWhoWatches's idea for fast travel icons and added most the main morrowind cities to the tariel map (around 21 icons). They work pretty well, and most line up fairly well with the map. It was a fair deal of work, but I'm really happy with the end results. I think downloaders will be quite pleased with them as well.

Cheers!

Future Plans:

I may work on icons to fast travel out of morrowind, and possible create an external for mournhold, place it in tamriel, and then make a fast travel icon and door. Time will tell. :D

bigfoot343
bigfoot343's picture
I'm getting CTDs whenever I

I'm getting CTDs whenever I activate the new version of your mod. Does it depend on Under the sign of the dragon?

Ice
Ice's picture
yes, the new main file has

yes, the new main file has all the requirments of its predissesor. I hope that helps. Check out the masters list.

Under the sign of the dragon,

Morroblivion,

Obse

Hope it works for you, let me know!

bigfoot343
bigfoot343's picture
Works! Pretty awesome now all

Works! Pretty awesome now all we need is the TR main land! lol jk 

Ice
Ice's picture
Sweet! you had me scared for

Sweet! you had me scared for a second.

haha. I know right! Sure would be awsome. :D

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
I have downloaded and

I have downloaded and installed the mod,but it needs a master file Tamriel.esm as the main esp is asking for that file which is not part of the download.

Am I doing something wrong,or missing the point entirely.?

It just CTD without that master.?

Ice
Ice's picture
Hey Ironman!, no, you're

Hey Ironman!, no, you're right on. Tamriel.esp is one of the required files, but it isn't packaged with the mod. Check out the requirment page. Basically you need to make sure you have all the mods listed there for this to work. Tamriel.esp comes from under the sign of the dragon: heightmaps.  ;)

Also, I'm working on making it possible to travel to mournhold by foot or by map! Stay tuned!

Clint
Clint's picture
Whoa!

@iceberg

Whoa! That sounds sick!

Ice
Ice's picture
Thanks Robert!You can

Thanks Robert!

You can download what I have so far if you like. :D

Yet to do:

- Make towers on the walls

-make less gaps / reduce clipping  OR

-Replace with External walls? - Someone may edit the internal walls so that they become external walls - which would replace my hand done straight walls that have a lot of clipping

-change lod

-lower a nearby mountain so you can't see over the walls

-Possibly add large buildings so that you see them over the walls

So right now it looks believable, but soon it may look super!

The quickest way to check it out would be to teleport from Morrowind, then leave out of the south bazaar door.

Ice
Ice's picture
Mournhold in Tamriel

Sweet! I've gotton the 'Mournhold in Tamriel' to a place where I'm comfortable releasing it. There's a lot that could be improved on it, like getting external curved walls (instead of building them with straight pieces) and improving the nearby landscape, but so far as the city itself, it looks and works great! Check it out on the download page, and be sure to take a look at the images!

Ice
Ice's picture
Hey, I wnet on to look at my

Hey, I wnet on to look at my mod today, and its GONE!?
Has anyone ever had this happen to them before? There is no explination whatsoever, its just gone.

Maybe because its a morroblivion mod? Who knows. If so I'll put it on mediafire...

I have everything backed up, but.... 

Ice
Ice's picture
Here's the new link.

Here's the new link.

(Main post has been updated).

anithinks
anithinks's picture
iceburg: Mod is still here:
Ice
Ice's picture
Thanks Anithinthinks, but

Thanks Anithinthinks, but that's what I re-uploaded. But its good to know it doesn't look like its skipped a beat. :D Thanks though man.

Chaos_Therum
Chaos_Therum's picture
what I would love to see is

what I would love to see is after skyrim is released is if all of the even older ones like daggerfall and hammerfell were ported and made to do something like this so you could have one seamless journey fron the beggining to the ende

Ice
Ice's picture
Dang, can you imagine how

Dang, can you imagine how sweet that would be? You'd need an uber program that could run all of these, and load each as you go, or you'd have to do some MAJOR porting with the dos ones, but man would it be cool. :D

speedyg869
speedyg869's picture
Morroblivion in Tamriel plugin

Do I need Morroblivion in Tamriel-39628-Beta.zip to play Morroblivion?

Or

Just one of the transport plugins:

Morroblivion_Chargen_And_Transport_Mod_v7.zip

MorrowOblivion_World Transport v2.rar

Ice
Ice's picture
To play morroblivion, you

To play morroblivion, you just need a transport mod. ;)

speedyg869
speedyg869's picture
Cool, Thanks!

Cool, Thanks!

brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
Need help...

I decided to install this, but the instructions are not very clear...

My load orrder is like

Tamres.esm

Tr_ot.esm

unofficial patches

Stirk

tamriel.esp

elswyranequina.esp

Twmpsummerset

Twmpblackmarsh

twmpvalenwood

tamres.esp

and i dont know where the morrowind ones go so they are just somewhere below this.

When i start my game with all those enabled i crash. Can someone tell me how to fix this please

RADlTZ
RADlTZ's picture
Hey nice work iceman, heafty

Hey nice work iceman, heafty mod youve got here. I was gonna suggest the idea of map markers that take you to a dummy cell under the parent worldspace, that then telleprts you to the corresponding cell in morrowind (or vice-versa) but it looks like something similar has been done.

Also for Chaos_Theorum's idea of an every-scrolls in one game port, Arena and Daggerfall are just too different to do a conversion like we did with Morroblivion. Im pretty sure both games had randomly generated environments, so theres nothing solid for us to convert, and even if there was, those games run on engines from the age of dinosaurs. We'd be more likely to see the other provinces in one of the modern engines if it was built by hand in the Construction Set. And I think there are a few mods that actually tried that for oblivion, if any of those were finnished there could be new adventures to be had, but not many large-scale mods made survived for long enough to be as complete as Morroblivion.

Ice
Ice's picture
Thanks Raditz! Ya, I like the

Thanks Raditz! Ya, I like the idea of a dummy cell, but this worked out in the end, so whatever works I guess. :D

What you say about the full tamriel makes a lot of sense.

Brutal: Don't fear, we'll figure this out! It's been a while, but maybe if I dust off the cobwebs...

"Check the boxes for 'Tamriel.esp', 'Morrowind_ob.esm',  and 'Dynamic Map.esp' if you're using it. (If not make sure you have Kiwi Hawk's map installed!) Then Check the box for this mod, 'AK-Morroblivion in Tamriel.esp' and if you're using it "AK- Mournhold in Tamriel.esp".

Now, if you don't install Dynamic Map or Kiwi Hawks Tamriel Ingame Map (which is an optional file on the Tamriel Heightmaps' page), then when you leave Cyrodiil you'll just be off the world map and have no idea where you are."

So you want morroblivion to be installed correctly. Check.

Then you want to find and instal Tamriel.esp. You should be able to find it at tesnexus 'under the sign of the dragon' If you search that you should find it. So install that mod and make sure it works. My tamriel.esp seems to be smack dab in the middle of my mod order.

Then you want the 'Ak- Morroblivion in Tamriel.esp' and/or "AK- Mournhold in Tamriel.esp" checked, though they're basically just a script so they should be fine anywhere in your load order.

Then you want whatever map mods you use to be near the bottom, so they overright other maps.

I'm looking at your load order and I'm not familiar with tamres.esm/.esp. I remember having trouble with Stirk. Man, your load order looks logical. Try unchecking different mods and see if it still crashes. Does it crash without my mods checked? Does it crash if you uncheck stirk and Tr_ot? I dunno man, I wish I could give you better council. Let me know what happens!

brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
crashing problem fixed.

Ok the TWMP files required a Tamres file that was not included in the resource pack. I unchecked those and it doenst crash. The map doesnt seem to work atm tho. I will try to reinstall the lod.

edit : when in morrowind i see normal morrowind map, but when i am in cyrodil i see the normal map but the camera is further back and part of the screen is blank.

Edit fixed my load order a bit and now the normal map is back, also I changed my texture size to large. The map still doesnt show...

update: Got rid of dynamic map and replaced with elven tamriel map. The map works but my morrowind icons dont show up. When I am in morrowind I get my normal morrowind map.

Update: When in morrowind my map of morrowind is different than the one in cyrodil. how do i fix this? Also when I tried swimming to the morrowind mainland there was nothing there!

Ice
Ice's picture
Bah! This be weird!Okay. So

Bah! This be weird!

Okay. So tamriel.esp just adds blank land and water for all of tamriel. My mod makes it so that when you get close enough to vvardenfell, it teleports you into the (roughly equivilent) same place in the Morroblivion world. So if your not getting teleported back and forth / you can run around on a blank vvardenfell, then check that you've got AK- morroblivion in tamriel checked and loading after any mods that would affect it (which, I don't think any should).

"he TWMP files required a Tamres file that was not included in the resource pack" - I'm not sure about this at all. Best just to keep with the mods I specifically mentioned in the last post. (Plus any other mods that you want to run, just saying I listed all of the mods you'd need for mine to work).

"When in morrowind my map of morrowind is different than the one in cyrodil." - This is because different worldspaces have different maps. So when you go into morrowind, then you see your selected Morroblivion map. (Map markers are also map specific, so you won't see the majority of your morrowind markers while in tamriel. I did add markers to most the major cities though, so you can fast travel straight from, say Anvil, to Vivec.) Make sure that you have the right map files installed to the right directories, and if they came with an esp, make sure its activated. Also, I notice I have a lot of problems with map mods unless they load dead last. So try putting your map mod of choice dead last in your load order.

Here's what my map looks like (in tamriel):

Keep me updated!

brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
OK

I tried a lot of things....and now for whatever reason my ground textures in tamriel look like the morrowind map.oh and running just those mods creates the normal map for cyrodil.

I am uploading a youtube video...

uploaded ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohc2iNgX4Fw

Ice
Ice's picture
Dude! your game is so messed

Dude! your game is so messed up! I want to say lol, but I feel for you!

It was a great idea to make a video. Well done at that too, it was clear, informative and you know your computers, lol. Sometimes I had trouble figuring out how you moved so fast. The first thing I noticed is that you have tamriel.esp loading AFTER "Ak- Morroblivion in tamriel". Tamriel.esp needs to load BEFORE the other mods as they are dependant on it.

"Ak- Morroblivion in Tamriel" provides the script to move from Tamriel to Morrowind. "Ak- Mournhold in Tamriel" adds an external to mournhold in tamriel. These are the mods that I made that add to Tamriel.esp

Ya, you really don't need the gps one.

Those twmp files are completley unnessary. They add more detailed heightmaps to different areas of the game, so I use them, but they are definitly not needed. 

I'm not really sure what invalidate archive does either, but I was told to do it too. Lol.

For map markers showing up: Your morrowind map markers are different then your morrowind markers for the tamriel worldspace. The makers for the tamriel map I made myself. Basically there is a script that adds a map marker to the tamriel equivalent of a city when you discover it in morrowind... Maybe I didn't explain that super well.

The teleporting could be the mod or not, I don't know. Uh, and the map in morrowind should be your morrowind map, not the whole game map.

I'm hoping the weird textures are because of a bad load order, but maybe the textures were installed wrong?

Okay man, we're gonna figure this out. I know how very frustrating these things can be, but we'll get it. Right now try changing the load order so that Tamriel.esp is at the very top, which means it loads before the ak- mods. I need to go to bed now, but if you can't figure it out, then maybe tommorrow I can make a video that goes through the steps I do / check to make sure its working. So if you don't get it working, don't stress too much. I'll see if I can make a basic install troubleshoot video.

Ice
Ice's picture
Going along with my above

Going along with my above post, I tested my game. Aside from my morroblivion map not showing up in morrowind (because my map.esp wasn't last in my load order) everything worked fine for me. here is the list of mods I'm running (note this is not in correct load order). # This file is used to tell Oblivion which data files to load. AK- Angel.esp AK- Bloodmoon Creatures.esp AK- Bloodmoon Quest Markers.esp AK- Midas Gold.esp AK- Midas Spellswap.esp AK- Morroblivion Fixes.esp AK- Morroblivion in Tamriel Map.esp AK- Morroblivion in Tamriel.esp Ak- Mournhold in Tamriel.esp Ak- No Training Cap.esp AK- Ridable Unicorn.esp Ak- Setting Mod.esp AK- Special items.esp AliveWaters.esp All Natural - Real Lights.esp All Natural - SI.esp All Natural Base.esm All Natural.esp ATakesAll.esp Bag of Holding.esp Bashed Patch, 0.esp Better Cities - COBL.esp Better Cities - The Lost Spires.esp Better Cities - Unique Landscape Chorrol Hinterland.esp Better Cities - Unique Landscape Skingrad Outskirts.esp Better Cities .esp Better Cities Full - B&M Edition FPS Patch.esp Better Cities Full - B&M Edition.esp Better Cities Resources.esm Better Imperial City FPS Patch.esp Better Imperial City.esp BetterMusicSystem.esm BetterMusicSystemElsweyr.esp BetterMusicSystemSI.esp BHC_Expanded.esp Blood&Mud.esp Book Jackets Oblivion.esp CleanQuit.esp Cobl Glue.esp Cobl Main.esm Cobl Races.esp Cobl Si.esp Compatibility Patch - DLCHorseArmor.esp Creature Diversity.esp CustomSpellIcons.esm DBShadowSet.esp DecoratorAssistant with OBSE v1.1.esp DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp DLCBattlehornCastle.esp DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp DLCFrostcrag.esp DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp DLCHorseArmor.esp DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp DLCMehrunesRazor.esp DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp DLCOrrery.esp DLCShiveringIsles.esp DLCSpellTomes.esp DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp DLCThievesDen.esp DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp DLCVileLair.esp Dreadweave Complete_Light.esp Dwemer_Skyship_1_1_0.esp Dynamic Map.esp Elsweyr plantations & co..esp ElsweyrAnequina.esp ElsweyrValenwoodImprovedPatch.esp EnchantmentRestore.esp Enhanced Grabbing.esp Enhanced Hotkeys.esp ForecastersWill.esp GB_Oblivion Tournament.esp Get Wet.esp GoldenCrest.esp GoldenCrestBattlehornComp.esp Harvest [Flora] - DLCFrostcrag.esp Harvest [Flora].esp Harvest[Containers].esp Highwood-Cobl-Support.esp Highwood.esp Idle Dialogue.esp Immersive Interiors - Lights Addon.esp Immersive Interiors.esp IWR - Windows Lights Shutters - Optimised.esp Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp Knights.esp KT_KhajEyeToggle.esp KvatchAftermath.esp Lazysheepherd®Minecraft 4x.esp LoadingScreens.esp Lost Paladins of the Divines.esp Map Marker Overhaul - SI additions.esp Map Marker Overhaul.esp MidasSpells.esp MiniMap.esp MIS Low Wind.esp MIS New Sounds Optional Part.esp Morroblivion Conversation.esp Morroblivion_Chargen_And_Transport_Mod_v7.esp MorroblivionTreeReplacer.esp Morrowind_ob.esm Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp Oblivion.esm Offhand Weapons.esp Project Spartan.esp Purge Cell Buffers - Loading AK.esp Qarls_Harvest.esm Qarls_Harvest.esp Ramy Monster.esp Realistic Water.esp Ring of console.esp Salmo the Baker, Cobl.esp Side's EAX Control.esp SilverwareWeapons.esp SM Combat Hide.esp Sounds of Cyrodiil - KOTN Add-on.esp Sounds of Cyrodiil - Mehrune's Razor Add-On.esp Sounds of Cyrodiil - Thieves' Den Add-On.esp Sounds of Cyrodiil.esp StealthOverhaul.esp SunderedKeep.esp Tales from Elsweyr Anequina.esp Tamriel.esp The Lost Spires.esp ThymeQuestAK.esp Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp Valenwood Improved.esp Voice Overs V002.esp Walkabout.esp Weapon Expansion Pack for Oblivion Nthusiasts.esp Windfall.esm Windfall.esp

brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
Ol
Ok I will try to fix it tommorow because I am on my iPod ATM. Btw my screen isn't really quarter sized like that and the flickering didnt really happen. That is just how canteens rendered oblivion
Ice
Ice's picture
Okay cool. Let me know if it

Okay cool. Let me know if it works.

Ya, I was actually pretty impressed with the video quality. I've used hypercam and fraps (free version), and pinnacle 12, and I don't get near the quality you do. Is canteen free?

brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
Camtasia*

Its Camtasia. Stupid autocorrect. And no it costs money.

Edit: Back to crashign

I did what you said but i just crashed when i loaded my save. I tried to change my load order back to what i remember  but I still crashed. I think i'd just prefer to go back to my normal map now. What files do i need to remove for that? Also when i have just oblivion.esm enabled my textures are still messed up. :(

Ice
Ice's picture
Man, this is whack beyond

Man, this is whack beyond whack.

Uncheck tamriel.esp, and any mods that start with "ak-".

My map files shouldn't be overwriting any of your map files, so unchecking the esps should 'uninstall' the mods.

Does the game crash whether you load your save or do a new file? Man his is messed up. I'm sorry man.

I may get a chance to go over your video again tommorrow and look at anything we may have missed. I'm really bummed for you and hope that at the very least you get oblivion working again.

Aries144
Aries144's picture
Is there any way to fix the

Is there any way to fix the spots where water is "missing" as you swim/sail well past from the normal bordered areas of Cyrodil/morrowind?

Ice
Ice's picture
I wish, but I don't think

I wish, but I don't think so.

I think it has something to do with how far away the cells are from land. I think if someone knew how to heightmap it or edited it cell by cell it could be fixed, but I think its a lot of work. =/

brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
Uninstalling

I have tried everything. I replaced all my textures with ones from the bsa and yet the landscape is still messed up. I tried the archive invalidation still nothing. So now i am getting a clean oblivion.

Edit: So ya new obliviona and I took my time with this one. No problems :D. I am still not going for this mod though. Sorry!

Ice
Ice's picture
Haha Brutal, that was such a

Haha Brutal, that was such a terrible experiance. I don't blame you at all for not trying the mod again. Sorry man! :(
But I'm really glad Oblivion's working for you without problems now!

I'm having all this trouble with my new video card for my desktop, Skyrim and Oblivion both have trouble freezeing and locking up and stuff, and its just a bummer. So I know how frustrating it is to want a play a game and instead waste a bunch of time getting it to work. =/

Stronglime
Stronglime's picture
So this mod now makes the

So this mod now makes the game crash..

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Make sure you have all the

Make sure you have all the requirements and that your load order is correct.

Stronglime
Stronglime's picture
Yeah,all the other things

Yeah,all the other things work fine,this one does not.It might be the last build? With this mod it crashes before even starting.Others mods are fine.

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Check that you have

Check that you have Tamriel.esp enabled and that this mod is loaded after it.

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
All www.tesnexus.com  Links

All www.tesnexus.com  Links through out this Topic are Dead.

Brainslasher
Brainslasher's picture
Contributor
The links aren't really dead,

The links aren't really dead, the nexus system just changed. Just take the number from the old link and put it after this: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/

steph
steph's picture
The Nexus always has issues .

The Nexus always has issues ...

I found the heightmap here --V  http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/27235/?
it's a big file, so plan on a long download.

Dynamic Map is here --V http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/35969/?

Nexus Support/Complaints --V http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?app=nexus&module=suppo...

good links as of 3/26/2014 

Blue_Pie_Ninja
Blue_Pie_Ninja's picture
most of the tesnexus links

most of the tesnexus links are broken :(

Blue_Pie_Ninja
Blue_Pie_Ninja's picture
could you add the fixed links

could you add the fixed links to the first post?

Diana TES GotH
Diana TES GotH's picture
This one of the Morroblivion

This is one of the Morroblivion mods I have tested for my Modding Morroblivion guide and I just absolutely love it! Thank you. 

Acleacius
Acleacius's picture
I plan to try Morroblivion in

Thanks for your work on this mod ! 

I plan to try Morroblivion in Tamriel, it seems to require Tamriel Heightmaps. Would I have to give up Ak- Morroblivion Maps HD?

Thanks

scotty35503
scotty35503's picture
I'm not sure what Ak0

I'm not sure what Ak0 Morroblivion Maps HD is, but I believe you will need to use a map mod like Dynamic Maps to get the most of this. The idea is for Morroblivion to emulate sharing the same worldspace as Cyrodiil (and the rest of Tamriel, if you have other province mods installed), so you will want all of Tamriel on one big map for ease of Fast Travelling.

Using this mod, you would have two loading screens when fast travelling between Tamriel and Morrowind. For example, let's say you're at Weynon Priory in Cyrodiil. You click on Balmora to fast travel there. The game goes to a loading screen and you appear on a featureless, depopulated Vvardenfell around where Balmora should be. The game recognizes you're in the Tamriel Heightmaps equivalent of Balmora, takes you to another loading screen, and bam you're in Balmora in Morroblivion.

I never actually used this mod, so I'm not sure what happens when it takes you to Morrowind and you don't have Dynamic Maps installed.

Edit: Just an FYI, Tamriel Heightmaps isn't a map mod. It's a mod that adds the rest of the Tamriel landscape (without cities or landmarks, obviously) to the world. In vanilla Oblivion, Bethesda only worried about generating what you would be able to see from Cyrodiil. If you turn borders off and explore the other provinces, you'll quickly find glitchy terrain that ends abruptyl. Tamriel Heightmaps adds ALL the land of Tamriel, presumably so that things don't look weird when you're playing a different Province mod. If you were playing the Elswery Anequina mod, for example, Valenwood would look crazy weird from a distance if you didn't have Tamriel Heightmaps.

Acleacius
Acleacius's picture
It sounds like a great mod,

It sounds like a great mod, thanks for all the help, think I will give it a try!

Pages