15 posts / 0 new
Last post
dollarcraig93
dollarcraig93's picture
100% reproducible crash

I know that the people who really try to run this site get tired of hearing about crash problems, but i'm just hoping for some constructive input. When i try to enter into the main part of Gnisis from where you get off the silt strider,i only get a good 15ish feet before i crash. I've tweaked view distance and ini settings, and nothing helped. Increasing Ugridstoload actually just made it crash immediately when i loaded the save. Decreasing it did nothing. I also tweaked Uinterior/exterior cell buffer to no avail. I've had similar problems like this where certain areas just seem to become "corrupted:" i can never travel there because it will crash 100% of the time. Has anyone experienced this and gotten things to work?

Brainslasher
Brainslasher's picture
Contributor
Most of the time the reason

Most of the time the reason is a corrupted spawn point. Go somehwere else and wait for 3 days. That should reset the spawn and you can enter the cell again. This is a common Morroblion/Oblivion problem.

dollarcraig93
dollarcraig93's picture
Thats very interesting. How

Thats very interesting. How does this kind of thing happen? I'd like to know just for the sake of knowing, if nothing else. I hope its just something like this, i'm running through all my mods and rebuilding my bashed patch to make sure it isn't a random mod problem right now. 

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
http://youtu.be/8h2TTCd2Orw

http://youtu.be/8h2TTCd2Orw

4 min Clip Running around Gnisis,, If you can Create the Same Crashes in the Same Place Each time ,Fair Chance it is Not a Morroblivion Error, Could be Load Order  Altered ( Oblivion.ini ) causing your Problems.

Run your Load Order through TES4Edit Apply a Filter Highlight All Files Morrowind_ob.esm Down and Right Click Check for Errors go through the Errors to see what Directly wants to Alter Morroblivion\Morrowind Files Re_Arrange Load Order to Cut Down on Errors or Remove the Files that are Creating the Errors

Edit

The  same Crashing  you Had  on 03\02\2013 with 200 Mods Running.

dollarcraig93
dollarcraig93's picture
Ok, I know what you're trying

Ok, I know what you're trying to get me to do, but i still don't know specifically how to do it. I waited three days in the testing hall, and the crash still happened, so unfortunately, not a corrupted spawn :/ . But i'm pretty unsure how to use tes4edit to find my problem. I do use it for cleaning, but i haven't used it to check for errors. Am i only running tes4edit to check any esps/esms that have anything to do with morroblivion? (Just clarifying)

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
You will need to Check all

You will need to Check all Files in Your Load Order Morrowind_ob.esm Down.

dollarcraig93
dollarcraig93's picture
Thanks once again Roxon!

Thanks once again Roxon! After a lot of analyzing with tes4edit, a lot of mod cleaning to make sure things would work right, and a lot of remaking bashed patches, i figured out that it was a mod designed to make alit attack you correctly in an earlier version of morroblivion. I'm not sure why i didn't think to delete it. Tes4edit had it marked with a critical error also, so that was a big hint to look at the morroblivion section of my mods. Thanks!

Thunderstudent
Thunderstudent's picture
I've tried that and

I've tried that and everythind else but I'm still crashing in the exact same places! Sorry for the necrobumb. This is my loadorder: 

AttachmentSize
Image icon load_order.png54.76 KB
wo-wo
wo-wo's picture
Hi,

Hi,

maybe there is a cell problem west of Caldera? I detected the CTD on two different PCs and a Laptop. When I move westword from Caldera, there is a region where I always get a CDT as soon as the symbol of a farmers house appear in the compass. I've tried  many load order changes, cleaning by tes4edit but without success. Is it a known bug? I can continue gaming by never enter that region. It is a great transformation the good old Morrowind to Oblivion machine. Pls excuse my bad English, it's not my native language; I'm playing the German version of Morroblivion (my wife also coming from ESO) and it is a great adventure.

Thanks for help.

wo-wo

wo-wo
wo-wo's picture
Hi

Hi

it seems that I cannot visit Sjorvars hut. It doesn't matter from which side I'm approacing, the CTD occurs. I'll continue trying rearrange and cleaning.  

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
After 1500+ hours of playing,

After 1500+ hours of playing, modding and bugfixing Morroblivion, I have not yet found any Cell which causes a CTD in 100% of situations.  Please verify that the area causes a CTD with a NEW game.  If it also crashes with a new game, please send me your coordinates and specific instructions to try to reproduce the crash.  If it works with a new game, then the issue is located inside your save game.  Most commonly, it is a bad script which is not working after a cell reset/initialization.

Here are things to try to fix an existing savegame:

1. Wait for 48+ hours in-game time, then travel to that area again.
2. Disable distant lands.
3. Modify Oblivion.ini with the following:

[BackgroundLoad]
bBackgroundCellLoads=0
bUseBackgroundFileLoader=0

If none of that is helping, send me your affected savegame file.

wo-wo
wo-wo's picture
Hi,

Hi,

thank you for all hints and help. In the meantime I've found a solution for my CTD problem by try and error method. I've disabled two files:

morroblivion-guar-mounts.esp

and

morroblivion-guar-mounts-symphony-patch.esp

and now I've the best game for all times.

I don't want to say bad thinks about any add-ons, I think it's my special configuration; I also disabled Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch_Magic_Addon.esp Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch_multiskill_trainerfix.esp Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch_Redoran_Hortator_QuestFixes.esp

and now Morroblivion is running and running on my 4k display with 3480x2160 and I'm enthusiasted.

Nevertheless I would give these advices to all with similar CTD: don't give up, take the time and try, this is the greatest non commercial PC-game.

Thanks

wo-wo

DasFedoraGuy
DasFedoraGuy's picture
Piggybacking off of this, I'm
Piggybacking off of this, I'm getting crashes too. Weird thing is, it was not happening before on a previous playthrough. For whatever reason, this playthrough EVERY TIME I try going to solstheim or ANYWHERE NEAR the northern part of the map, Morroblivion poops it's pants and crashes. I have several performance mods installed, I've cleaned all of plugins of any errors, I've tried waiting several days over 3 days for things to reset, I've tried directly coc to quest targets instead of walking or fast travelling...each and every time the game crashes. My computer is definitely not the problem either, I can play Fallout 4 on medium-high settings and Rise of the Tomb Raider on low-medium.
Vinicius
Vinicius's picture
When I want to get north of

When I want to get north of Marandus for a Mages Guild quest, when approaching the lake the game crashes all the time. Going over the lake with Water Walking also does not solve this.

Okay, using TCL to traverse the area helps, apparently. Worked for me at least.

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Seeing you can Run Around in

Seeing you can Run Around in TCL go through rocks and the Ground to see if any Creatures, That are spawning in these Points which Could be Causing your Crashing Problem..