30 posts / 0 new
Last post
ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
[REL/WIP] Morroblivion Unofficial Patch 2017-Nov-22

[REL/WIP] Morroblivion Unofficial Patch 2017-Nov-22 (alpha 2)
(Update 2017-Nov-24: new Daedric Shrine Collision Fix posted)

**NOTE: You MUST start a new game when using this patch.***

This unofficial patch is a mod-compilation of many bug-fixes and patches that have been posted to TESRenewal.com since the release of Morroblivion v064.  

Known Issues: 
There are 2 mods missing from the Unofficial Patch, the Ghostgate bugfix and the Bound Spell rebalance.  Compatible mods for those features are posted below.

Requirements:
-Morroblivion v064 including OBSE, MenuQue, USV or VoiceFileRedirector
-Magic_Addon additionally requires OBME plugin

Recommended Mods:
-Blockhead, Oblivion Character Overhaul 2, clothing/creature replacers
-Tamriel Rebuilt, Guar mounts, additional quest/gameplay mods  

Instructions:
1. Install Morroblivion v064 base.  Make sure you install these two files in addition to the rest of Morroblivion: "Morrowind_ob - Chargen and Transport Mod.esp" and "Morrowind_ob - UCWUS.esp".

2. Then install this mod.  Place "Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch.esp" before (above) your Bashed Patch and "Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch_Magic_Addon.esp" after (below) your Bashed Patch. 

Most bug-fixes and updates to core mods prior to Nov 22, 2017 are already incorporated in this compilation.  General graphic replacers or visual enhancements are not included in this patch.  Please ask below if you are uncertain whether or not you should install a specific mod on top of the Patch.  

Optional installs which are compatible with the Unofficial Patch:
-Morroblivion NoHavok Clutter 
-Firemoth NPC Mage Rebalance (No area of effect spells)  
-GhostGate Bugfix for users of MorroblivionTreeReplacer (if you can't go through the ghostgate, install this)

To Do:
Please send in bug-reports for the unofficial patch.  I may also consider a mod-compilation morroblivion graphic replacer in the future.  

Credits:
This mod includes bug-fixes, patched textures/meshes and ideas from the following authors and contributors to the TESRenewal/Morroblivion forums: 

• qwertyasdfgh
  • llde
  • Puddles
  • Brainslasher
  • roxon_55
  • Bullfrog
  • mi6c
  • superliuk
  • frond
  • ponyrider0

If I have left anyone out or if you are one of the original mod-authors and would like your mod removed from this mod-compilation, please let me know.  You can contact me on the TESRenewal.com forums.

Thanks,
-ponyrider0

Edited by: ponyrider0 on 11/28/2017 - 05:52
Tel Ash
Tel Ash's picture
Hello, can you post the whole

Hello, can you post the whole list of patches used please? I might want to install some and do not install others.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Tel Ash wrote:Hello, can you

Tel Ash wrote:

Hello, can you post the whole list of patches used please? I might want to install some and do not install others.

Sorry, I included the mod list in the Docs of the mod download rather than a separate download.  It's now also available as a separate PDF for users to look to decide if they want to download the actual mod.  Thanks for pointing that out.

**EDIT: There is an error in the PDF, No Havok Clutter is optional (separate download) and not part of the core patch.**

Tel Ash
Tel Ash's picture
Thanks!

Thanks!

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Thanks for your time and

Thanks for your time and Effort plus Patience for putting up with All of US..

Thanks,, Keep Up the Good Work..

asteriasennall
asteriasennall's picture
Thank you for all of your

Thank you for all of your hard work! It's much appreciated :)

I wish you had admin rights to update the main mod!

Best regards,

Jess

Puddles
Puddles's picture
Ponyrider, do you want me to

Ponyrider, do you want me to make a BAIN package for the patch?

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Puddles wrote:Ponyrider, do

Puddles wrote:

Ponyrider, do you want me to make a BAIN package for the patch?

That sounds good.    I did not initially package the unofficial patch as BAIN because I wanted it to be easily used by people who don't know how to use Wrye Bash... but I forgot that Morroblivion itself is already BAIN-only, hehe.

Diana TES GotH
Diana TES GotH's picture
Thank you ponyrider0 and all

Thank you ponyrider0 and all others who helped to contribute. We truly appreciate all the hard work. Looking forward to playing Morroblivion again.

mi6c
mi6c's picture
Thanks very much for your

Thanks very much for your effort.

Bullfrog
Bullfrog's picture
Thank you for creating this

Thank you for creating this update. I have a question. Does it contain a fix for the infamous bug where dead bodies are falling through the floor in Daedric shrines?

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Thanks for all the positive

Thanks for all the positive feedback so far!  I really appreciate it!  Hope everyone has a very happy winter break playing Morroblivion!

Bullfrog wrote:

Thank you for creating this update. I have a question. Does it contain a fix for the infamous bug where dead bodies are falling through the floor in Daedric shrines?

Some but not all.  There seem to be two causes: buggy collision boxes and buggy pathgrids set too low for the Oblivion engine.  I've fixed a few places by moving the pathgrid up a few units into the air (ex, Battle at Nchurdamz).  I'll test this fix to see if it works as a general fix for the Daedric Shrines.  Thanks!

Update:
Moving the pathgrid nodes up in "Ald Sotha, Upper Level" did not work. However, while I was testing, I figured out that the dead bodies (and all non-actor items) appear to be falling through the floor only on specific floor tiles and never on others.  In fact, if killed on a staircase with good collision data, the dead body will sometimes roll down the staircase and then fall through the floor when it crosses over into a tile with bad collision data.

I compared the NIF files for a tile with working collision (Meshes\morro\i\InUDAEUhallULU01.nif) and one that does not work (Meshes\morro\i\InUDAEUhallULU4wayU01.nif).  It looks like all the values in the bhkCollisionObject and bhkRigidBody nodes are exactly the same.  Visual inspection of the collision polygons for both files look appropriate too, with polygon faces all pointed towards the interior. 

That leaves the MOPP data as the likely source of the problems.  This NIFTools webpage states that MOPP data are "scripts used by the engine to speed up collision detection of arbitrary shapes".  It would make sense if these data are broken, that the errors we see would occur.  It could also explain why Morrowind seems to be much more demanding on CPU power for collision detection than the regular Oblivion maps (of course, qwertyasdfgh said this exact same thing six years ago, hehe).  Unfortunately, if you read through that link to qwertyasdfgh's tutorial, you'll see that the Daedric shrines have already been updated with his fix method, and obviously, dead bodies are still falling through the floor.  I'll put this on my todo list of things to test in the future.

Update 2:
I just realized that the polygon faces that I saw pointing towards the interior were the main model mesh and not the collision polygon.  If the collision poly has the faces pointing to exterior, flipping them would be an easy​ straightforward fix.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
I just posted a new Daedric

I just posted a new Daedric Shrine Collision Fix mod in the first post.  This will fix the bug where dead bodies would fall through the floor in Daedric Shrine Interiors.  The fix was done by opening each Daedric Shine NIF file in Blender, checking if the floor collision polygon was upfacing (non-black) and if it was bugged, then using Blender's "Flip Normals" command to flip the offending polygons.  This will be merged with the next unofficial patch. 

If you find any additional interior floor tiles where dead bodies fall through: please open the console (tilde "~" key), click on the bugged floor tile and write down the formID.  Then post the formID here.  Thanks.

Puddles
Puddles's picture
Yeah, that honestly had me

Suddenly I'm imagining a mod where the world was flipped horizontally and inward-facing collision tiles would be the only thing keeping you from falling into nowhere land...

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Good start ponyrider.

Good start ponyrider.

Kool puddles.

Bullfrog
Bullfrog's picture
I checked those nif files as

I checked those nif files as well long time ago but I don't really understand that stuff so I couldn't find any error. As far as I remember it was always the corner tiles in daedric ruins and sometimes a staircase where bodies were falling through the floor. Once I noticed this I always tried to fight the opponents on a center tile. It looks like you modified the affected nifs now so you are definitely on the right path. Once in a while a dead body would also fall through the floor in those Sixth House or bandit caves but in my opinion the most annoying ones were the daedric ruins.

I got another question. You mention that a new game is required to use this update. Can you tell me the specific reason? I'd rather not start again as I have finished Oblivion and almost finished Morrowind (haven't been in the addon worlds yet).

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Bullfrog wrote:I got another

Bullfrog wrote:

I got another question. You mention that a new game is required to use this update. Can you tell me the specific reason? I'd rather not start again as I have finished Oblivion and almost finished Morrowind (haven't been in the addon worlds yet).

In my opinion, most people installing this mod are interested in a more stable and less bugged gameplay experience -- and using a pre-existing saved game with this mod has a high chance of producing the opposite experience for them.  It would be similar to using a saved game which was started with an older version of Morroblivion (before v064) with the current one (v064). 

You can try out your saved game to see if it works and if you can live with any missing items or broken quests, but a suggestion: rather than uninstalling all of your old bugfix mods to install this unofficial patch, just make a new, separate Oblivion/Morroblivion installation and then install the unofficial patch in there.  Also, back up your saved games first!

Technical Details:
The main concern is script instability and incompatible quest/dialog conditions.  Many of the mods introduced new records with formIDs using that mod's local index.  Any quests or scripts which depend on these new records would become corrupted when replacing those mods with this patch.  Any weapons, armors, spells, enchantments or other items that were based on these new formIDs would be deleted as well.

In the future, I'll think about making an "export/import character" utility: your character level/stats/skills could be preserved, along with inventory items that are from the base Morroblivion game.  But you would start with all quest and worldspace states reset to a new game.

Diana TES GotH
Diana TES GotH's picture
Puddles wrote:

Puddles wrote:

Suddenly I'm imagining a mod where the world was flipped horizontally and inward-facing collision tiles would be the only thing keeping you from falling into nowhere land...

ROFLOL 

Raubkopiesäbel
Raubkopiesäbel's picture
Hello,

Hello, I am currently working on a German translation for the Unofficial Patch. Can someone please tell me where to find the texts for Socucius Ergalla Quiz Questions & Answers?

Greeting 

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Try this link: http://en.uesp

Try this link: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Class_Quiz
Good luck!

The answer choices are currently hardcoded into the fbmwChargenQuestScript (010089D3).  You will probably need to edit the dialog lines in the script with the CSE to recompile the script when you are done. 

The subtitled dialog lines are extra long, so the best way to edit it is through TES4Edit (to preserve the full text length).  The dialog topic and info records can be found at mwCGTalkClassQuiz (0403569C), assuming that Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch.esp is loaded at mod index 04.

tdawglowe
tdawglowe's picture
Making sure I understand

Making sure I understand correctly. I will need to install the OBME plugin before installing this patch? Would someone be willing to post a link to where I could download this?

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Sorry, I will add it to the

Sorry, I will add it to the first post: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/31981?tab=files

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
ponyrider0 wrote:

ponyrider0 wrote:

I just posted a new Daedric Shrine Collision Fix mod in the first post.  This will fix the bug where dead bodies would fall through the floor in Daedric Shrine Interiors.  The fix was done by opening each Daedric Shine NIF file in Blender, checking if the floor collision polygon was upfacing (non-black) and if it was bugged, then using Blender's "Flip Normals" command to flip the offending polygons.  This will be merged with the next unofficial patch. 

If you find any additional interior floor tiles where dead bodies fall through: please open the console (tilde "~" key), click on the bugged floor tile and write down the formID.  Then post the formID here.  Thanks.

The Shrine you have done , Are they Listed Above.

Gregthegen
Gregthegen's picture
I wanted to thank the poster

I wanted to thank the poster of this mod for his tutorials, I bought Morrowind GOTY 8 years ago but never played it as I was spoiled by Oblivion and Skyrims VA and other content, Ive used this patch along with other mods released by this author to enhance my game tenfold and actually get into morroblivion as I wait for Skywind!

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
roxon_55 wrote:

roxon_55 wrote:

The Shrine you have done , Are they Listed Above.

All daedric shrines (hopefully) should now be fixed.  I made the changes in the daedric dungeon NIF tile set rather than in each specific shrine.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Gregthegen wrote:

Gregthegen wrote:

I wanted to thank the poster of this mod for his tutorials, I bought Morrowind GOTY 8 years ago but never played it as I was spoiled by Oblivion and Skyrims VA and other content, Ive used this patch along with other mods released by this author to enhance my game tenfold and actually get into morroblivion as I wait for Skywind!

Thanks!!  When the Tamriel Rebuilt Conversion / Mod Converter project is complete, hopefully everyone in the Morroblivion community will get to experience where Morrowind truly shines: the tons of Morrowind Mods like TR, Rebirth, Less Generic NPCs, Morrowind Comes Alive, etc! 

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Thanks only ran around 4

Thanks only ran around  15 all i have on Map have a few not on Map yet,,

Edited..

A Floor and Step Combo ,,01863b46,, A couple Pic Floor and Step Combo where player is Half in the Floor. If you can do anything with them..

AttachmentSize
File floor_sections.7z1.2 MB
ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
roxon_55 wrote:

roxon_55 wrote:

A Floor and Step Combo ,,01863b46,, A couple Pic Floor and Step Combo where player is Half in the Floor. If you can do anything with them..

Ok, I see the problem -- the Collision Poly for "morro\i\InUDAEUconnectULcave.nif" is not lined up with the actual model.  I will try to fix the alignment and hopefully get it into the next patch update when I get back home (I am still out of town).  Thanks!

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
No Probs when you get the

No Probs when you get the Chance could we have error listing for 2018 ..

Edit.

01868A1B,,0185BFFE,,

Thanks.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
roxon_55 wrote:

roxon_55 wrote:

No Probs when you get the Chance could we have error listing for 2018 ..

Edit.

01868A1B,,0185BFFE,,

Thanks.

Working on the Buglist updates now... will hopefully be done later today.

UPDATE:

Finally finished the Buglist updates.  Updating the list took longer than I thought (mainly due to jet-lag and unrelated physical exhaustion from my trip).  I'll try to fix a couple of the active bugs but my main focus for the next Unofficial Patch will be to just merge all the extra files into the main ESP.