Morroblivion Magic Fixes v1.7
for Morroblivion v064
This mod fixes the behavior for certain spells/abilities to be more like how they were in Morrowind. This includes:
- Morrowind-like Argonian Water Breathing ability with Oblivion-inspired auto-cast feature.
- Better Calm Humanoid/Calm Creature magic effects
- Better Sanctuary magic effect
- Updated Viper / Poison spell/enchantments
- Rebalanced Morrowind-based starting spells
- Morroblivion v064, Obliivon Magic Extender (OBME), Morroblivion-Fixes v1.7, Lost Magic OBME
You need to have Oblivion Magic Extender (OBME) to use this plugin. I'm using version 1_0 from nexusmods. I decided to use OBME so that I could support spell-making of a scripted magic effect. Otherwise, I would have to hardcode the magnitude and duration for every variation on this spell and it would not be available for custom spell-making. You also need the Morroblivion Lost Magic OBME plugin
which is included. UPDATE: I forgot that Lost Magic OBME includes additional textures and meshes, so you will still need to install Lost Magic OBME in addition to Morroblivion-Magic-Fixes. Thanks to Diana TES GotH for pointing this out!
It is probably safest to load this mod after the Bashed Patch. Because this mod uses OBME, there is potential for conflict with Bashed Patch since Wrye Bash (at least as of version 306) is not compatible with OBME. Do not try to import Spells into the Bashed Patch, because Wrye Bash will just simply ignore these records because they contain OBME-extensions. If you have saved games which used Magic-Fixes v1.4 AND you crafted custom spells of Sanctuary or Calm Humanoid/Creature, then download and install the Compatibility Patch for v1.4.
Fundaments of Enchantment (FEA), UCWUS v1.2 (separate from v064).
- Created additional Morrowind-style Bound Weapon/Armor magic effects.
- Adds support for Viper (Poison) enchantments.
- Changes to maintain compatibility with Morroblivion-Fixes v1.7.
- Optional compatibility file for saved-games with custom Sanctuary or Calm spells from v1.4.
- Now requires "Morrowind_ob - Lost Magic OBME.esp", latest version already included.
- Merged with MorrowindStartingSpells and Lost Magic StartingSpells patch: rebalanced Morrowind-based starting spells.
- Integrated auto-cast water breathing with a 1-2 second delay so it isn't spammed everytime you dip your head underneath the water.
- Added Sanctuary spell which is Illusion-based and simulates "dodge/miss" behavior of Morrowind.
- Bug fixes for some records.
- Optional ESP added to auto-cast Argonian Water Breathing when underwater.
- Magic Effects enabled for enchanting and/or spellcrafting: Bound Boots/etc, Cure Disease, Cure Paralysis, Cure Poison, Damage Magicka, Invisibility, Paralyze, Restore Attribute, Restore Damage, Restore Fatigue, Restore Health, Reflect Spell, Resist Magic, Resist Normal Weapons, Spell Absorption, Telekinesis, Summon Clannfear/etc, Charm.
- Water Breathing is now zero cost ability instead of a constant ability for Argonians. This means you can finish the Puzzle Canal quest as an Argonian without resorting to console commands or other work-arounds. Unfortunately, this change will affect your vanilla Oblivion game in addition to Morroblivion.
- Calm Humanoid / Creature are now implemented as scripts that behave like the Morrowind spell rather than the generic "Calm" spell from Oblivion. They are separate scripts that only affect NPCs or non-NPC creatures, depending on the spell version. They behave similar to Morrowind where you can Calm an NPC and then immediately talk to them and try to raise their disposition. This means you can now use aggressive NPCs as trainers again (like in Morrowind). This also means that you can once again do a less-violent play-through of the Morrowind main-quest.