UPDATE: The latest versions of this mod will be posted in [REL] Morroblivion Fixes.
Hi, folks. First, I want to thank everyone who's contributed to the Morroblivion project and helped make it the great game that it is. Since the last official update to Morroblivion (v064) was almost 2 years ago, I'm not going to hold my breath for another release. (If this isn't the case, please let me know.)
Anyway, over the last few weeks, I've been playing through the game and making modifications as I go along. The following ESP is the first part of several fixes and additions I've made. I'll make another post with an ESP that changes/fixes some magic system related things, and perhaps another post with an ESP that tweaks NPC faces to be more compatible with OCO2. Also, I've been trying for the last two weeks to convert Tamriel Rebuilt to Morroblivion but there are a lot of obstacles including corrupted landscape data and so many database items that the ESP Converter crashes I've been breaking up the regions and the database items, but it's very slow going.
The attached ESP contains the following fixes:
- The Main Menu script has been modified so that you can start a game in Morrowind multiple times. In order for the Morrowind setting to take effect, wait about 3-4 seconds before clicking "New Game" when the main menu displays. Previously, a second new game always started you in Cyrodil.
- Fargoth now spends most of his time in front of the Census office so he is easier to find (no need to lockpick his house just to give him his ring).
- The door to Foryn Gilnith's house is now unlocked for most of the day. Apparently, he was unable to unlock his door because it was owned by his faction and not personally by him.
- You can now sleep in Foryn Gilnith's bed again, similar to Morrowind. (His roommate won't mind.)
- You can now sleep in the bedroll in the Census office, similar to Morrowind.
- Blades trainer beds have been re-assigned to faction owned, so they are now all usable (after you join the Blades.)
- Surane's bedroom door in Caldera can now be lockpicked without incurring a bounty (like in Morrowind).
- Mage Guild Guides have all had AI adjusted so they spend most of their time at the transport pad.
- Also, the Guild Guides have had their faces tweaked.
- The supply closet in Ald-ruhn Mages Guild is now locked, like in Morrowind.
- The Telvanni Mouths in Sadrith Mora have had their AI adjusted to spend most of their time at their stations. They no longer get weekends off (which was confusing to me, since I couldn't tell which gameday corresponds to a weekend).
- The Dreugh Warlord in Koal cave near Gnisis is now named "Dreugh Warlord" instead of just "Dreugh".
- Daedroths have been changed to use the Oblivion creature mesh.
- A bug in the Mysterious Killings in Vivec quest is fixed. Previously, speaking to Elam Sandas about details of the killings before actually asking him for work resulted in skipping a quest stage where necessary quest items were spawned.
- The Grandmaster's Retort quest given by Big Helende has been modified so that the quest dialog now uses the term "Grandmaster's Retort" again rather than the Oblivion equivalent, "Master Retort". The specific retort mentioned in the game has been changed to be a Grandmaster's Retort as well. However, for flexibility, you can still give her either the Grandmaster's Retort of the equivalent oblivion item (Master Retort).
- The Potion Recipe quest from Big Helende has been modified so that you can ask Anis Seloth about the potion recipe and get the dialog response that she gave in Morrowind.
- Also: the Bandit faction disposition modifier for the player is adjusted. Previously, it was -100 which was absolute overkill since almost all bandits have an aggression level of 82 or higher. I changed it to -10 which seems more sensible. **recommend combining with the Calm Humanoid spell-fix in my magic-fixes post for fun use of high personallity and speechcraft skills.
EDIT: Updated post with Version 1.1
- Modified Main Menu script to now display message "Morroblivion v064" when it loads for the first time. Wait until you see this message to know that a new game will start in Morrowind instead of Cyrodil.
EDIT: Version 1.4
- Moved NPC face changes to my Morroblivion-Faces-for-OCO mod (will put link here).
- Adjusted the position of some hidden loot in Seyda Neen so they are less likely to fall inside the meshes where they are hidden.
- Fixed a dialog bug so that Scout NPCs will now have the "My Trade" dialog topic appear.
- (WIP) Scouts and Savants will now mark cities on your worlmap. (currently implemented for Balmora, Caldera, Ebonheart, Gnaar Mok, Hla Oad, Pelagiad, Vivec)
- (WIP) Modified MapMarkers to only allow FastTravel after you have visited the above areas.
- Bash Tags: Actors.AIPackages, C.Owner, Factions, Invent, Names, Relations
- I recommend loading this mod after the standard Morroblivion mods included with v064 except for the "Morrowind_ob - Morroblivion Maps.esp" mod (or any other worldmap replacer mods).
- If you use mods that modify specific stats, spells, inventory, AI, faces for specific NPCs, they may conflict with this mod. In that case, you will need to use Wrye Bash to create a Bashed Patch to integrate the changed records from each of those mods together.