28 posts / 0 new
Last post
ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
[Old Version] Multiple fixes to v064

UPDATE: The latest versions of this mod will be posted in [REL] Morroblivion Fixes.

Hi, folks.  First, I want to thank everyone who's contributed to the Morroblivion project and helped make it the great game that it is.  Since the last official update to Morroblivion (v064) was almost 2 years ago, I'm not going to hold my breath for another release.  (If this isn't the case, please let me know.)  

Anyway, over the last few weeks, I've been playing through the game and making modifications as I go along.  The following ESP is the first part of several fixes and additions I've made.  I'll make another post with an ESP that changes/fixes some magic system related things, and perhaps another post with an ESP that tweaks NPC faces to be more compatible with OCO2.  Also, I've been trying for the last two weeks to convert Tamriel Rebuilt to Morroblivion but there are a lot of obstacles including corrupted landscape data and so many database items that the ESP Converter crashes I've been breaking up the regions and the database items, but it's very slow going.  

The attached ESP contains the following fixes:  

• The Main Menu script has been modified so that you can start a game in Morrowind multiple times. In order for the Morrowind setting to take effect, wait about 3-4 seconds before clicking "New Game" when the main menu displays. Previously, a second new game always started you in Cyrodil.
  • Fargoth now spends most of his time in front of the Census office so he is easier to find (no need to lockpick his house just to give him his ring).
  • The door to Foryn Gilnith's house is now unlocked for most of the day. Apparently, he was unable to unlock his door because it was owned by his faction and not personally by him.
  • You can now sleep in Foryn Gilnith's bed again, similar to Morrowind.  (His roommate won't mind.)
  • You can now sleep in the bedroll in the Census office, similar to Morrowind.
  • Blades trainer beds have been re-assigned to faction owned, so they are now all usable (after you join the Blades.)
  • Surane's bedroom door in Caldera can now be lockpicked without incurring a bounty (like in Morrowind).
  • Mage Guild Guides have all had AI adjusted so they spend most of their time at the transport pad.
  • Also, the Guild Guides have had their faces tweaked.
  • The supply closet in Ald-ruhn Mages Guild is now locked, like in Morrowind.
  • The Telvanni Mouths in Sadrith Mora have had their AI adjusted to spend most of their time at their stations.  They no longer get weekends off (which was confusing to me, since I couldn't tell which gameday corresponds to a weekend).
  • The Dreugh Warlord in Koal cave near Gnisis is now named "Dreugh Warlord" instead of just "Dreugh".
  • Daedroths have been changed to use the Oblivion creature mesh.
  • A bug in the Mysterious Killings in Vivec quest is fixed.  Previously, speaking to Elam Sandas about details of the killings before actually asking him for work resulted in skipping a quest stage where necessary quest items were spawned.
  • The Grandmaster's Retort quest given by Big Helende has been modified so that the quest dialog now uses the term "Grandmaster's Retort" again rather than the Oblivion equivalent, "Master Retort".  The specific retort mentioned in the game has been changed to be a Grandmaster's Retort as well.  However, for flexibility, you can still give her either the Grandmaster's Retort of the equivalent oblivion item (Master Retort).
  • The Potion Recipe quest from Big Helende has been modified so that you can ask Anis Seloth about the potion recipe and get the dialog response that she gave in Morrowind.
  • Also: the Bandit faction disposition modifier for the player is adjusted.  Previously, it was -100 which was absolute overkill since almost all bandits have an aggression level of 82 or higher.  I changed it to -10 which seems more sensible.  **recommend combining with the Calm Humanoid spell-fix in my magic-fixes post for fun use of high personallity and speechcraft skills. 

EDIT: Updated post with Version 1.1

• Modified Main Menu script to now display message "Morroblivion v064" when it loads for the first time.  Wait until you see this message to know that a new game will start in Morrowind instead of Cyrodil.

EDIT: Version 1.4

• Moved NPC face changes to my Morroblivion-Faces-for-OCO mod (will put link here).
  • Adjusted the position of some hidden loot in Seyda Neen so they are less likely to fall inside the meshes where they are hidden.
  • Fixed a dialog bug so that Scout NPCs will now have the "My Trade" dialog topic appear.
  • (WIP) Scouts and Savants will now mark cities on your worlmap. (currently implemented for Balmora, Caldera, Ebonheart, Gnaar Mok, Hla Oad, Pelagiad, Vivec)
  • (WIP) Modified MapMarkers to only allow FastTravel after you have visited the above areas.
  • Bash Tags: Actors.AIPackages, C.Owner, Factions, Invent, Names, Relations

Compatibility/Load Order:
- I recommend loading this mod after the standard Morroblivion mods included with v064 except for the "Morrowind_ob - Morroblivion Maps.esp" mod (or any other worldmap replacer mods).
- If you use mods that modify specific stats, spells, inventory, AI, faces for specific NPCs, they may conflict with this mod.  In that case, you will need to use Wrye Bash to create a Bashed Patch to integrate the changed records from each of those mods together.

Edited by: ponyrider0 on 10/24/2016 - 06:40
Diana TES GotH
Diana TES GotH's picture
Thank you! I'll be tracking

Thank you! I'll be tracking your updates and trying out your fixes. 

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Thank you very much for your

Thank you very much for your work. I will include some of it into the next master release.

Since the last official update to Morroblivion (v064) was almost 2 years ago, I'm not going to hold my breath for another release

Well, it's 1,5 years, not 2, don't exaggerate :)

But truth be told, there was so little activity on these forums for a long time (apart from last month or so), that I wasn't particularly motivated to finish the next release. V065 is currently sitting on my HDD about 75% done.

Also, I've been trying for the last two weeks to convert Tamriel Rebuilt to Morroblivion but there are a lot of obstacles including corrupted landscape data and so many database items that the ESP Converter crashes I've been breaking up the regions and the database items, but it's very slow going.

Good luck with that. Personally, I wasn't able to convert anything apart from Map 1 (Telvanni territory), back when TR was released as multiple esm's.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
qwertyasdfgh wrote:

qwertyasdfgh wrote:

Well, it's 1,5 years, not 2, don't exaggerate :)

Hehe, I stand corrected: "1,5 years".  :D

Let me know if there're changes you'd recommend I make to my ESP so you can more easily merge with the master.  I'm planning on putting the NPC overrides into a separate file so that they can be mergable with other mods via Wrye Bash.

Brainslasher
Brainslasher's picture
Contributor
Great to hear a new master

Great to hear a new master release is being worked on, if you need any help, let me know.

Diana TES GotH
Diana TES GotH's picture
@ ponyrider0

@ ponyrider0

I am including many of your fixes and updates in my latest guide "Mod Organizer Modded Morroblivion". It is still a WIP, but several of your fixes are already included in it. Thank you for all your work. It is greatly appreciated! I can't wait to see more, especially Tamriel Rebuilt.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
That's really swell!  Thanks

That's really swell!  Thanks for the kind words but most of the credit really goes to all the contributors to Morroblivion over the years.  Mainly, I just copy and paste their work in new places, make a few changes and cross my fingers.

Quorwyf
Quorwyf's picture
Where should this go in the

Where should this go in the load order?

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
The only conflict I've found

The only conflict I've found is that it will over-ride your world map, so any world map-mods like Morrowind_ob - Morroblivion Maps.esp will need to be loaded after it.  It should play well with with most other morroblivion ESPs.

nayrb
nayrb's picture
Hi, long-time lurker and

Hi, long-time lurker and Morroblivion player.  I created an account just now to voice my support for this project and everyone who has contributed (and to let qwertyasdfgh know that people still care).  :) 

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
I updated the ESP to version

I updated the ESP to version 1.4.  The changelog and download are in the original post.  This version adds some fixes to dialog for Scouts/Savants so that the cities they talk about will show up in the Worldmap.  Corresponding fixes to mapmarkers were made to only allow you to Fast Travel there after you have visited those sites. Another addition to this version is use of Bash Tags to help Wrye Bash preserve changes when using conflicting mods via a bashed patch.

Quorwyf
Quorwyf's picture
Any chance for a version

Any chance for a version without fast travel changes?

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
You mean a version which will

You mean a version which will allow you to fast travel as soon as a Scout/Savant places a marker on your map?  Sure, I'm actually working on an overhaul of most of the Morrowind mapmarkers -- I will make an alternate version which allows immediate fast travel once a marker is placed on the map.  I'll put a link to it here once I post it.

Quorwyf
Quorwyf's picture
Great. Thanks.

Great. Thanks.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Fast travel patch as

Fast travel patch as requested.

Diana TES GotH
Diana TES GotH's picture
 Wrye Bash Warning:

***Deleted Comment*** An error on my part. Apologies.

Quorwyf
Quorwyf's picture
Slight hiccup I noticed just

Slight hiccup I noticed just now with the patch for 1.4. For some reason the link for 1.4 points to a file with the name "morroblivion-fixes-v1_4_0.esp" so the 1.4 esp needs a slight renaming to prevent a missing master error.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
fixed. thanks for catching

fixed. thanks for catching that... auto-renaming by the webserver when I tried to update the initial upload.

Quorwyf
Quorwyf's picture
I thought that was the case

I thought that was the case as i noticed the _0 on another file I grabbed but I wasn't sure since I grabbed it twice.

Does the patch need bash tags?

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
The patch could benefit from

The (fasttravel) patch could benefit from bash tags in case there are other mods that modify mapmarkers -- unfortunately, I don't think there are any bash tags defined for Worldspace Object References yet.

Quorwyf
Quorwyf's picture
Would anything in this cause

Would anything in this cause the stump part of Fargoth's quest to hang? I'm having a problem where Fargoth just stands at the stump until I zone through(enter and exit) the lighthouse, no matter how long I wait.

On second thought, I see a new fix thread so i'll see what happens when I add that one and phase out the things it replaces.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
@Quorwyf

@Quorwyf

Did you figure out your issue with Fargoth?  I looked through all of his scripts and I don't think my changes should affect the Hiding Place quest.  But I did fix one bug regarding his ring and this quest.

Quorwyf
Quorwyf's picture
I haven't re-tried that quest

I haven't re-tried that quest just yet. Been running around looking for trainers.

Good catch on the ring. I meant to ask about that a while ago but it slipped my mind.

Quorwyf
Quorwyf's picture
Fargoth's quest still isn't

Fargoth's quest still isn't advancing. I thought the problem may have been within this mod as the only changes I made in my mod setup from when I was able to complete was adding in some of the fixes that popped up here over the past 2 months or so, and this one was the only one that I recalled actually mentioning Fargoth. Whatever. I'll just advance it with the console.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
quest spoilers Where exactly
Quorwyf
Quorwyf's picture
Fargoth goes to the stump and

Fargoth goes to the stump and stays there until I zone out and in. It doesn't matter how long I wait, Fargoth doesn't leave until I zone out then back in. When i check the stump after he's gone, its empty.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
It sounds like the script

It sounds like the script associated with the treestump is not working -- do you have any tree-replacers installed?  well, technically it's a container... so any tree or container mods could potentially screw with the script.

Quorwyf
Quorwyf's picture
I have some replacers

I have some replacers installed but i'm pretty sure they only change the meshes and textures, and the quest was functioning with all of my present ones in place. I checked the stump's id in the console and I see "Hollow Tree Stump" (0102bb66).