Pages

183 posts / 0 new
Last post
thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Tesrenewal.com website status thread

This thread is for discussion of website changes, updates, and problems for TESrenewal.com.

1. If the chat is down, or is having problems, check status.iflychat.com
  2. If the site is down, or is having problems, check dreamhoststatus.com
  3. If something is broken please send me a PM or post a reply to this thread instead of just complaining in the chatroom -- otherwise I have no way of knowing that there is a problem.
Edited by: thermador on 11/21/2014 - 10:36
thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Thanks for standing by

The entire Morroblivion.com site has now been moved to a new server and has been updated throughout. You may notice a bit of a new look, but for the most part, everything should be the same. PLEASE let me know either here or by private message if you are encountering any problems.

Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
We seem to have lost some
We seem to have lost some text formatting functions like bold, underline, image etc. I can still type in the codes like [ b ] [ / b ] but the buttons are gone (and its tiresome to type).
thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Yeah unfortunately, BB Code
Yeah unfortunately, BB Code Formatting Bar http://drupal.org/project/bbcode_wysiwyg has not been updated for Drupal 6.x. There is a patch but I ran out of time yesterday to figure it out and patch the module myself... hopefully I can do that or find a similar module that does the same thing... may have to upgrade to TinyMCE (similar to what you see on a Vbulletin forum.)
thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Tiny MCE

OK you should now have your usual formatting controls.  You can still use BBCode if you want, but doing it with the formatting bar is easier.

Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
It would be nice if one could

It would be nice if one could delete his threads and posts ... helps with double posting issues.

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Updated

It would be nice if one could delete his threads and posts ... helps with double posting issues.

Unfortunately, this is difficult to implement without granting permissions that could destabilize the forums.  Hopefully people will just go to their double-posts and hit "edit" and then delete the content.  Double-posting doesn't seem to be a huge issue anyway for now.

Completed a few more site updates, including:

• User titles based on contribution to the project and/or number of posts
  • Updated CAPTCHA for new accounts & password recovery
  • Google Translate functionality so you can read posts in your native language.  When writing posts, please still only write in English (the Google Translate widget assumes the site is written entirely in English, and non-English posts will probably be deleted) ;-D
  • Customizable editor preferences (to use the old editor with manual BBCode entry, just go to "My Account" -> "Edit" & uncheck the box)
  • Customizable sidebar: in your "My Account" page, you can now enable and disable the "Random Screenshot" block, the "Translate" block, and many others to streamline your view (very useful if you are on a slower internet connection).
  • Forums now count how many times a topic was viewed.

PLEASE let me know if you experience any problems with anything.

Big thanks to Zach for moving the site over to a new server and making all of this possible!

Rendaz
Rendaz's picture
hello again guys i see a lot

hello again guys i see a lot of new faces around here , old dude from the old forums i help a little bit with quests and stuff

i like the new forums ! its good to see ppl putting effort in this , i was thinking that some of them forgot about this project and it was abandoned.

i have a little problem with this forum ,  i see it LONG , like the width is bad or the bars to the sides with options are too big , i see one post take the full screen ... its this ok ?

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Site updated with most recent

Site updated with most recent modules / plugins etc... thanks for your patience, site was down for about 30 minutes.

EDIT: Also did some theming for online/offline icons and fixed the display of avatars in the bugs and issues section (finally!)

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Some updates for the site for

Some updates for the site for 2012!

- Mobile version now works (let me know anyway... I can only test this on my phone)

- Quote functionality added to forums

Clint
Clint's picture
Hey Thermador! While I'm

Hey Thermador! While I'm really happy to hear you're working on a mobile version of the site, to be honest, it looks like crap on my phone. As it looks right now, I'd prefer the Desktop version to the "Mobile Version." 

Maybe it's on my end? I'll post some pics. Using an iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0.1. What phone are you using Thermador?

Thanks for the mobile version though! I hope we get this working well!

Edit: Eh, in some of the site links, it looks pretty good. In some other places it doesn't. I've been manuevering around the site on my iPhone. While it may not look good, it's still pretty functional. I'll get back with you when I've had a bit more time on the mobile site.

But regardless, this is good progress. Great work!

If I go to morroblivion.com from the url search bar, I get the first, which kinda looks off. If I go to a Morroblivion link, say Gallery, and then go back, I get the second pic, which looks better and more aligned right. The gallery section looks okay, but the threads look pretty weird if you ask me.

Also, since it's a mobile version website, I can't use the pinch to zoom feature. Not a big deal if the mobile site is optimized though, but if one feels they need it, it's not there.

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Yeah sorry I am still trying

Yeah sorry I am still trying to figure out why the forums do that... annoying.  you can always switch back to the full version at the very bottom of the page.

Clint
Clint's picture
First post via mobile version :D
I forgot to mention I was using Safari. I downloaded and installed Opera, which I believe is available for Android as well, and everything seems to align correctly using it. Again, thank you Thermador! I forgot how I had to constantly zoom in and out to post a comment, but I don't have to do that anymore :P Even more importantly, I probably check this site more on my phone than my computer, so this is a huge help. I think if you can get the threads to look better, we'll be pretty much set, aside from maybe some polishing down the road.
Ice
Ice's picture
I don't even really have a

I don't even really have a cell phone, but its exciting to hear about the progress! lol

Anyhow, after reading Robert's post there I had an idea/request:

Would you be able to do some sort of a picture to the sides of the thread, like how Tes Nexus' main page looks? That'd be uber cool to see a morroblivion sunset or whatnot! 

Just an idea. ;)

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
OK well the mobile theme is

OK well the mobile theme is mostly working, let me know if you guys run into any more issues. 

Clint
Clint's picture
Oh heck yeah Thermador, much,

Oh heck yeah Thermador, much, much better, I'm liking this! Threads look great now! Thank you do much! What kind of phone and web browser are you using by the way?

Edit: Dang, I know this isn't a real big deal, but I'm still not getting that nice alignment with my web browsers (Safari and Dolphin). I've used Opera, which seems to work fine, but to be honest, I always use Safari and would like to keep that as my main web browser.

Here's what I'm talking about:

This space right here:      ---> |          | <---     shouldn't be there, right?

Maybe those text-entry bars are too long?

Here's what I'm guessing how it should look?

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
I have an Android phone

I have an Android phone running CyanogenMod 7.1.0-11 / Android 2.3.7 (i.e. the latest version of Gingerbread). I am using Android's default webkit-based browser and FireFox for android.  Both are working fine for me.

You're right though, it probably is the text-entry boxes, I will see if I can fix that easily in the CSS.

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
robertneville777, I think I

robertneville777, I think I fixed it.  Let me know if that works for you.

Clint
Clint's picture
Can you try the "Dolphin" web
Can you try the "Dolphin" web browser for Android and see if you get the same problem? Edit: Getting the same problems. Nothing appears to have changed. Edit 2: The "Subject" line now looks aligned right. But the comment line is still too long. Edit 3: The Comment line seems to be lined up now, but I'm still getting that space to the right. Edit 4: I think I know what's screwing my alignment now. Thermador, can you go to the third post of this thread, and there should be a link in that post. Can you see the full link? Or does it run off the page? What I mean is links in threads don't have word wrap.
thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
How is it now?   I am testing

How is it now?   I am testing on Dolphin, Opera, Android Browser, and Firefox Mobile now.  Seems like all of the text boxes and subject lines etc. are working.

I have everything aligned as best I can, but if people post images or really long links, it will still run over, not much I can do about that unfortunately.  Have you tried some forum threads that don't have images?

Next step is fixing the private message system heh...

Clint
Clint's picture
Yeah, URL links and pics run
Yeah, URL links and pics run off the page, making my page look weird. Guess safari just handles that differently. However, if text is linked to a page, like the Active Forums Topics section, that wraps fine. It's just URL links that don't wrap. And pics, but you can't help that. So you can't have URL links wrap I'm guessing?
thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Unfortunately not that I know

Unfortunately not that I know of - that is based on the browser's decision of whether to display links as a block or wrap them.

Clint
Clint's picture
Does your wrap, or do links
Does yours wrap, or do links just run off the screen?
thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Android Browser, Firefox,

Android Browser, Firefox, Dolphin all behave the same: both images and long links / text strings are put in a scrollable area off to the right.  You have to move the screen to see this overflow, so there isn't wasted white space running down the whole page.

Opera doesn't wrap images at all (leaving a big column of wasted white space), but it does wrap long links / text strings very nicely

PM system is working about as well as I can make it - it will look a lot better with the phone held in landscape mode, but should work ok in portrait mode.

Clint
Clint's picture
Sorry for being a pain in the
Sorry for being a pain in the butt, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only iPhone visiting the site, so I'm sure this will help out some others too. Anyways, I ran across this. Will this help? http://shaunmackey.com/articles/mobile/6-tips-to-optimize-yo...
thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Thanks, that is interesting. 

Thanks, that is interesting.  I believe that is already built in however.  For example, the mobile Morroblivion theme already has this in the meta:

<meta name = "viewport" content = "user-scalable=no, width=device-width, maximum-scale=1.0" />

The main issue is that most mobile browsers are not standards-compliant and they all try to "optimize your mobile web experience" with different hacks and workarounds, which a half-assed web designer such as myself has to then hack and workaround.

So really, it depends on your browser and how it interperets CSS tags like {display:} and {white-space:} and {overflow:}.

For example, I could add code to the CSS template that is

body, html {overflow:scroll;}

• and one browser would see this code and say, "OK anything that overflows the screen will have a vertical scroll bar, but if it overflows horizontally, you can't get to it at all"
  • another browser might say, "OK, both vertical and horizontal scroll bars will be added so that you can scroll around and see all the content."
  • another browser might say, "Pshhh, this is a mobile browser, I am ignoring all {overflow:} CSS and just displaying the entire site, because the web designer probably didn't implement {overflow:} properly for mobile."

So it can be really hard to get things to look "right" across all browsers, all phones/tablets (different screen resolutions) etc.  Overall, you should be fine as long as no one posts images or long unbroken text / link strings.

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Also, iceburg333, I try to

Also, iceburg333, I try to use almost no images in the site's theme in order to keep bandwidth down for Zach's server and to help keep the site running speedily.

Clint
Clint's picture
Oh yeah, you're absolutely
Oh yeah, you're absolutely right. Threads look fine if there aren't any long continuous strings (words, links, file paths, etc) but almost every thread has this! I guess I'm out of luck, haha What happens if you set user-scalable=yes ? Because my problem is that I can't scroll to left or right, or zoom in. Edit: Weird as heck. When I initially go to a page that has the white space running on the right side, go somewhere else, and then return to that page again by hitting the back button, it renders correctly, and there's no more white space on the right, and also, I magically get my ability to scroll left and right again. Edit 2: Heck, this is even faster for me. If I go to the misaligned page, back, and then forward again, it renders fine. Wonder why that is?
thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Try clearing your history,

Try clearing your history, cache, and cookies in your browsers settings?

Ice
Ice's picture
"Also, iceburg333, I try to

"Also, iceburg333, I try to use almost no images in the site's theme in order to keep bandwidth down for Zach's server and to help keep the site running speedily."

I wondered. That sounds like a fair enough trade off. Bummer though.

Hey, what about swaping the old logo for the one I made in the project logo thread?
or 

;)

Clint
Clint's picture
Cleared my history, cache,
Cleared my history, cache, and cookies. Still acting the same way.
steph
steph's picture
What Happened?

So ... Who deleted the database?

Also the home page is unavailable. (Access denyed)

edit:

Ohh. OK.

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Haha sorry, I am dumb.  Been

Haha sorry, I am dumb.  Been messing with permission modules and ... forgot to re-enable permissions lol.

Anyway, should be back to normal.  Also added basic user profile functionality (check my profile or edit your own)

Clint
Clint's picture
:D
Like the new user profile descriptions, thanks Thermador!
Ice
Ice's picture
Haha, I thought we were under

Haha, I thought we were under some kind of attack.

geesh, lol

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Latest update: New site logo

Latest update: New site logo courtesy of Ice as well as an image rotator for the front page. 

Those screenshots it displays are kind of old now, but I will be updating them in the next week or so.

Ice
Ice's picture
Sweet.

Sweet. :D

Clint
Clint's picture
I love the image rotator on
I love the image rotator on the home page! Looks legit, thanks!
NachoHead98
NachoHead98's picture
questions

thermador wrote:

You may have noticed that the main Morroblivion.com site has been updated for 2012. Here is a quick guide: * New to Morroblivion? - - Read the updated FAQ: http://morroblivion.com/faq * Returning to try out the latest version? - - No ESP converter required: http://morroblivion.com/download * Having a problem not covered in the FAQ or installation instructions?: - - Search the site: http://morroblivion.com/search/node/ - - Read and post in the forum: http://morroblivion.com/forum

hi, im new here and i want to install the morroblivion mod, but need to know 2 things first.

1. can i separate oblivion from morrowind again? is it easy?

2. is it safe to do this?

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Um, yes, you can always

Um, yes, you can always separate them IF you either backup your \Oblivion\Data\ folder before you install OR IF you properly install the mod with Wrye Bash - (get the "automated installer" version).

It seems like you don't know much about Oblivion Mods.  You should really read the read the Oblivion Mods FAQ and make sure you understand it

You may also want to read the Morroblivion FAQ as well

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Holy crap, site updates!

Holy crap, site updates!

• Blockquote and quote now actually have their own CSS so they are blue.  Makes it a lot easier to follow threads!  About damned time.
  • Skywind forum expansion! (will need reorganization of threads, but Ice and Clint can handle that haha).
  • Skywind bugtracker! (no bugs yet)
  • Main menu reorganization and new forum names that are more specific.
  • Collapsible blocks (menus)!  You can also completely disable or enable them in your user settings / profile.  They will set a cookie and remember you as well, so when you collapse a menu, it will stay that way even when you come back.  As long as you don't clear your cookies.
  • New blocks (menus) and views (pages with lists of active and most-viewed content) for the following: sitewide topics, morroblivion topics, skywind topics, morroblivion bugs, and skywind bugs!

Please let me know if you have any problems / bugs / ideas / suggestions etc. et al. ad infinium

RammS
RammS's picture
Thank you thermador!)

Thank you thermador!)

Clint
Clint's picture
Damn, thank you Thermador!
Damn, thank you Thermador! I'm really liking how there are dedicated sections to Skywind and Morroblivion now. Obviously I'll keep up with both projects, but for those who don't want to see Skywind stuff, this is a plus for them :)
Shadow
Shadow's picture
Thanks Thermador!  This is by

Thanks Thermador!  This is by far the best upgrade this site has ever seen, even better than the upgrade that gave us the mobile version. :)

The only thing I could suggest would be the ability to move those new collapsible menus around in a different order.  Other than that, everything is looking really really great.

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Some updates:Added the new

Some updates:

• Added the new menus to the mobile theme too -- (blocks/menus weren't showing up because they must be set up for each theme)
  • Added icons for new content to the lists of topics on the right - they use the greek delta symbol and look like this: Δ
  • Fixed a bug in the profile enable/disable blocks thing.  So you can edit your profile and disable some of the various menus around the site.  Or just keep them collapsed, I dunno.

Shadow wrote:

The only thing I could suggest would be the ability to move those new collapsible menus around in a different order.  Other than that, everything is looking really really great.

I did actually look into that, and from what I can tell, it's not really possible to do that.  The best I can do is collapsible/expandable menus that remember whether you want them collapsed or expanded, and then you can also turn each one on or off in your profile.  Close enough I guess.

Although I know it would be cool if each person could move them around, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do that.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Ah, oh well.  Everything else

Ah, oh well.  Everything else is still awesome though.  :)

Thanks a lot Thermador.

Ice
Ice's picture
Awesome job Thermador! Looks

Awesome job Thermador! Looks great! :D

Ice
Ice's picture
Thermador, you're awesome.I

Thermador, you're awesome.

I think the changes you've already made are perfect, and I agree with Clint 100%.

It would be awesome if we could do changeable themes, but that's just a fun aesthetic thing and everything else works. If we got changable themes sweet, but I think everything else is just fine as it is.

My 2 cents as well.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Posting in threads

I have noticed that if posting in a thread and you just put text into the subject or title line only,it seems to stop the page displaying all posts that are done before that post.At least that is what seems to be happening on my brower.

So could posters please put something into the body of the post before saving.?

leobloom
leobloom's picture
Captcha reply form

Yes I know this is not the correct forum to post this, but there isn't a site setion so I thought that this would be the best place to put it to get some attention. 

Would it be possible to either rethink or remove the captcha reply form whilst posting? I appreciate that you don't want spam here and indeed this forum is impressivly spam-free compared to say the openmw forums (and they use dedicated anti-spam software). However at the moment the system is somewhat inconvinient because you can go to post and think you're done only to find that it's not posted (after you've closed the tab). I can also imagine it's annoying for users with non-standard keyboards. How about removing the requirement for users with over 20 posts or something?

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
OK, the best I can do is

OK, the best I can do is change from #2 to #4 (should have done this long ago).

So now as long as you pass one captcha, you won't have to pass it again as long as you stay logged in.

Also, site members with "contributor" status and above bypass all Captchas.  If you have been releasing mods or something, then let me know and I'll change your status.  :-)

Persistence: Always add a challenge. Omit challenges in a multi-step/preview workflow once the user successfully responds to a challenge. Omit challenges on a form type once the user successfully responds to a challenge on a form of that type. Omit challenges on all forms once the user successfully responds to any challenge on the site.Define if challenges should be omitted during the rest of a session once the user successfully responds to a challenge.

Pages