12 posts / 0 new
Last post
daydreamdirty
daydreamdirty's picture
Converting Morroblivion to the XBOX

Simply put, I'm on here because I'm translating PC mods for Morrowind for the original xbox.  After seeing Morroblivion, I was wondering if it was possible to take the un-updated version of Morrowind GOTY edition for the original xbox and updating the game engine to be of that like oblivion's.

Either way, while I'm not a modder, what I'm doing people are enjoying as I've uploaded a mod pack which 29 people have downloaded within the span of 2 hours after uploading it.

Since I can't do any modding yet, I am coming here to see if there is a way to take what you guys have done so far and to use it on the xbox version of Morrowind GOTY edition.

Edited by: thermador on 05/01/2012 - 14:55
daydreamdirty
daydreamdirty's picture
also I have about 749 MB's of

also I have about 749 MB's of space to work with here so I'm really hard pressed to find a way to update this game graphics.

Clint
Clint's picture
I actually saw some guy on
I actually saw some guy on YouTube who was able to port some of Morroblivion over to the Xbox 360. He'd probably be the one to ask. I'll see if I can find a link.
daydreamdirty
daydreamdirty's picture
k thanks.  I'd appreciate it.

k thanks.  I'd appreciate it.

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
You can put Morrowind mods on

You can put Morrowind mods on the original XBOX.

You can put Oblivion mods (such as Morroblivion) on the XBOX 360.

You can't put Morroblivion on the original XBOX though. 

If I were you I would just get a PC, since it is a much better gaming platform for any Elder Scrolls game.  However, if you must use original XBOX, you are better off porting various morrowind mods than trying to port components of Morroblivion.

Also, please use succinct and descriptive titles if you are starting a thread....

Clint
Clint's picture
Here's Morroblivion on

Here's Morroblivion on the XBOX 360.

SlyCooper
SlyCooper's picture
Incredible!

This is amazing that this is possible, gotta love everyone in the TES modding community! Probably the most impressive modding community for any game series out there really. I do have to agree with ya'll about playing TES on the PC, in which you can use a USB 2.0 xbox 360 controller if you'd really like to instead of the Mouse/Keyboard combo :D Keep up the good work.

Drathian
Drathian's picture
I think the original xbox

I think the original xbox just doesn't have the ram to run much textures, I can get most morrowind mods other then anything requiring script extender to work fine as long as there aren't a lot of textures.

Mary J. Ott
Mary J. Ott's picture
We actually share the same

We actually share the same problem here, do you think that xbox and simcity are just the same process upon the box? Just want to know for my friend is not here to be the one to fix all the problem in my gadget.

EnvyDeveloper
EnvyDeveloper's picture
It's not possible to do

It's not possible to do without a hacked Xbox and it will take a lot of time to actually get it to work properly.

Plus, Morroblivion requires far more power than vanilla Oblivion because of the open cities and lots of things move about at once. The Oblivion engine is at breaking point when running Morroblivion. Morroblivion was made for PCs in mind. Not consoles.

joemegahertz
joemegahertz's picture
Been playing on pc and have

Been playing on pc and have started to work on trying to get it to work on my 360.  As noted above the xbox has limited ram so one of the first things you will want to do is lower the resolution of everything to no more than 512x512.  Also not sure of how important the script extender is but that has never been ported over to the 360 as far as I know.  

daydreamdirty
daydreamdirty's picture
Drathian wrote:

Drathian wrote:

I think the original xbox just doesn't have the ram to run much textures, I can get most morrowind mods other then anything requiring script extender to work fine as long as there aren't a lot of textures.

It does if you upgrade the ram. However most of us who still play on the console (I play on the console because I like to use a controller more than a keyboard).

EnvyDeveloper wrote:

It's not possible to do without a hacked Xbox and it will take a lot of time to actually get it to work properly.

Plus, Morroblivion requires far more power than vanilla Oblivion because of the open cities and lots of things move about at once. The Oblivion engine is at breaking point when running Morroblivion. Morroblivion was made for PCs in mind. Not consoles.

I figured that out soon after. I do apologize as I never came back to reply to your comment. It's been about 2 years but I'm picking up where I last left my work on my mods and transporting useable mods for the console version of morrowind over to the xbox. So yeah, I figured that it would break the the original xbox and would never run. Also sorry to necro a VERY old thread.