Pages

53 posts / 0 new
Last post
Iniquity
Iniquity's picture
[IMPORTANT] Skywind Meshes and Texture folder structure

I earnestly request, in order to avoid conflicts with Skyrim and third-party mods use for new meshes and textures subfolder Skywind.

In [RELz] Skywind Meshes Compile [Updated 03 December 2012], the folder is created and the structure of it. Just as it is not recommended to use textures of Skyrim, if you do usethe texture, please use not it, but a copy of it, which should add in Skywind subfolder.

See also:

Edited by: grumpycat on 03/15/2014 - 16:26
Sjors Boomschors
Sjors Boomschors's picture
Contributor
I fully agree with the

I fully agree with the request to place content in a beter folder structure.

The current file structure is a total mess…

Dropping random meshes and textures into the Skyrim Meshes and Texture folders has to stop.

NOTE:
All .NIF .ESM and .ESP have to be redirected to support this new folder structure.

Didact1
Didact1's picture
This would make things a alot

This would make things a alot easier... When things go wrong which require a full reinstall...

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Yes, our installation is

Yes, our installation is really a mess of meshes and textures.  But it would definitely take some work to correct everything.

Though I disagree with the point given by Iniquity to not use Skyrim textures and if we do make a copy.  I can think of a plethora of reasons to NOT make a copy of the textures.  I also think that we should use Skyrim textures to save on workload when we don't already have one of Eloth's awesome textures to use.

Iniquity
Iniquity's picture
I understand, but I can think

I understand, but I can think of one reason that outweighs everything else. If we work with the original textures, then we will have a huge number of conflicts with the plugins for Skyrim. It will be bad.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Oh, I'm not advocating the

Oh, I'm not advocating the modification of Skyrim textures, just the using of them.  Simply directing one of our .nif files to use those textures wouldn't create any mod incompatibilities.

Iniquity
Iniquity's picture
If smbd modify those textures

If smbd modify those textures in plugin that we will see in in skywind. 

Suade
Suade's picture
So you want to use the

So you want to use the default Skyrim textures on everything that can be used for it? Or just until Eloth releases all of his textures? Sorry for the noobish question, I'm a little confused :P

Shadow
Shadow's picture
No, we are talking about the

No, we are talking about the general use of Skyrim textures in the project.  I said they should be used in any case where it would help with the workload and still look good.  And I think we both agree that Skyrim textures should not be modified in this mod.

Suade
Suade's picture
Yes I agree! I read it wrong

Yes I agree! I read it wrong I thought you were saying most of the textures for now on will be using Skyrim's textures. Skyrim textures are fine, I just wouldn't want it to use skyrim textures too much! We definitely need to make it feel as Morrowind-y as possible :) 

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Can I just say that as a new

Can I just say that as a new user who started looking at the meshes/textures that it could definetely be more structured going forward! I take it that Skywind is more or less a direct copy of the morroblvion folder structures?

Here are some models that I altered for experimenting. They basically point to some new textures.

\Meshes\morro\x\ExUcommonUhouseUtallU01.nif
\Meshes\morro\x\ExUcommonUhouseUtallU02.nif
\Meshes\morro\x\ExUcommonUtowerUthatch.nif
\Meshes\morro\x\ExUnordUhouseU03.nif
\Meshes\morro\x\ExUnordUhouseU05.nif

Now in theory it would be nice to put them into the \textures\Skywind\ directory. It is a good indication of what has been worked on specifically for Skywind.

\Meshes\Skywind\architecture\common\housetall01.nif
\Meshes\Skywind\architecture\common\housetall02.nif
\Meshes\Skywind\architecture\common\towerthatch.nif
\Meshes\Skywind\architecture\nord\house03.nif
\Meshes\Skywind\architecture\nord\house05.nif

The texture are:
\textures\morro\x\TxUwallUstuccostoneU01.dds
\textures\morro\x\TxUwallUstuccostoneU01_n.dds
\textures\morro\x\stonewall01.dds
\textures\morro\x\stonewall01_n.dds

So new folders are:
\textures\Skywind\architecture\wall\wallstuccostone01.dds
\textures\Skywind\architecture\wall\wallstuccostone01_n.dds
\textures\Skywind\architecture\wall\wallstone01.dds
\textures\Skywind\architecture\wall\wallstone01_n.dds

You might notice (probably not :-P) that the "stonewall01.dds" name was probably derived from somebody taking a mesh from Oblivion, and porting "Oblivion\Data\textures\architecture\stonewall\stonewall01.dds" into the "\textures\morro\x\" folder. However I've taken the name back to the Morrowind naming. I'm not actually OCD, its just the easiest way to find and know whats changed, imo. Also in the case for this texture the Skywind download had duplicates, which also adds to confusion.

I don't know what tool to use to find out what all the nifs are that use a particular texture, but obviously would have to change them, so that the old texture path can be deleted.

Skyrim textures are fine, I just wouldn't want it to use skyrim textures too much! We definitely need to make it feel as Morrowind-y as possible :)

Remember that there have been many remakes of Skyrim textures, so its a case of finding the ones that best suit the Morrowind feel and also means porting is more license friendly. The key is not use any of Bethesda vanilla textures for any of the ports; Morroblivion, Skywind, Skyblivion, and what ever the TES6 port is, because you know that you guys are going to do it!

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Having "skywind" in path is

Having "skywind" in path is not the best decision for future. You'll need to change them again when porting skywind to TES6 for example.

"morro", "mw" or something similar is much better and future proof.

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor
@Zilav:The Texture paths are

@Zilav:
The Texture paths are rendered on the fly when using the 3DsMax Renderer.
You set the texture path in 3DsMax and it wil Import > Export all texture paths to the new set path.
Problem is work has been done on models, and no one came on the idea about doing this on first conversion.

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Thats a good point zilav. The

Thats a good point zilav. The Oblivion textures have not been put into a sub-folder and the problem with this is that if shared textures are used between two different worlds, you could change what was intended for a particular look on the other.

For example the "stonewall01.dds" used in oblivion is currently being used in the morrowind world. It is altered slighty to give it a more morrowind feel.

I think there should be a "mw", "obv", "sky" or "morrowind", "oblivion", "skyrim" folders for textures.

Meshes are different because they are game engine dependant. They don't need the game naming folder. They are simply packaged up according to what engine it is intended for.

I noticed that zilav has created some scripts for creating a new master. Maybe this is the perfect opportunity to get the nif files naming into a new organised strcuture.

I could do the task of creating a bat exe that copies and pastes the files into a new folder structure. This is good because it means that people won't have to download the meshes and textures again. Any files which don't seemed to be used can be put into an "archive" folder.

Of course this does mean that all the nifs would need to be changed to point at the new texture paths. I'm hunting for a bulk changing tool but no luck so far. It might have to be done manually :(

It would also mean that zilav scripts would need to be changed. I could change those as well (gulp). Yeah that might take a few extra days, but I would like to help with this project.

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor
I think the following tool

I think the following tool can be used for such action.

NifTextures by Macoron:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19266

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Paths can be modified by

Paths can be modified by script after conversion is done.

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
I'll check out the

I'll check out the Niftextures tool SB :)

To give you an example of what I would consider to be the correct formatting going forward. However anybody can change the bat file once I upload it, so if somebody wants to change the formatting for a final run then no problem.

XCOPY "\Meshes\morro\x\ExUcommonUhouseUtallU01.nif"     "\Meshes\architecture\common\housetall01.nif"
XCOPY "\Meshes\morro\x\ExUcommonUhouseUtallU02.nif"     "\Meshes\architecture\common\housetall02.nif"
XCOPY "\Meshes\morro\x\ExUcommonUtowerUthatch.nif"     "\Meshes\architecture\common\towerthatch.nif"
XCOPY "\Meshes\morro\x\ExUnordUhouseU03.nif"         "\Meshes\architecture\nord\house03.nif"
XCOPY "\Meshes\morro\x\ExUnordUhouseU05.nif"         "\Meshes\architecture\nord\house05.nif"

XCOPY "\textures\morro\x\TxUwallUstuccostoneU01.dds"     "\textures\mw\architecture\wall\wallstuccostone01.dds"
XCOPY "\textures\morro\x\TxUwallUstuccostoneU01_n.dds"     "\textures\mw\architecture\wall\wallstuccostone01_n.dds"
XCOPY "\textures\morro\x\stonewall01.dds"         "\textures\mw\architecture\wall\wallstone01.dds"
XCOPY "\textures\morro\x\stonewall01_n.dds"         "\textures\mw\architecture\wall\wallstone01_n.dds"

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor
I sugjest, you need to fill

I sugjest, you need to fill in atleast a Ref. to the mod in question.

Meshes/Skywind/Etc…

or

Meshes/SW/Etc…

I think a full conversion mod is to big to just go and dump in with the rest of the Skyrim files.

Iniquity
Iniquity's picture
I talked to Mocoron about his

I talked to Mocoron about his prog. It is ok to change paths. So, i dont think that "textures/skywind/" path is very big problem. In future we could change the path again. 

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Sure, but i think that it

Sure, but i think that it would be "meshes\mw\" not "meshes\skywind" as future releases of TES might use same nif format, so models can be ported without any confusing path changes...like we are doing now :-P

The Niftextures tool I'm not sure is going to do the trick. The thing is that the morrowind naming conventions are being moved into the oblivion and skyrim naming conventions. The tool only bulk changes one path to another.

So you can move all "textures\morro" to "textures\mw". But we need a more detailed way of changing according to a logic of naming conventions. Hope that makes sense!

[edit]

Maybe we could get him Macron to create what we want? Big ask!

It's written in C++, which I haven't touched since university but I could have a look into customizing it. No guarantees on any success however.

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
I think what could be done is

I think what could be done is the when the tool is loaded that it makes a key value pair from reading the bat file.

XCOPY "\textures\morro\x\TxUwallUstuccostoneU01.dds"    "\textures\mw\architecture\wall\wallstuccostone01.dds"
XCOPY "\textures\morro\x\TxUwallUstuccostoneU01_n.dds"  "\textures\mw\architecture\wall\wallstuccostone01_n.dds"

Lets say its parsing the "\Meshes\architecture\common\housetall01.nif", it and will match the exisiting "\textures\morro\x\TxUwallUstuccostoneU01.dds" to the new value.

I've looked at the source code and I think I should be able to do it fairly simple if Mocoron doesn't want to do it. Which I'm sure he wouldn't :-P

Iniquity
Iniquity's picture
happychappy wrote:The

happychappy wrote:

The Niftextures tool I'm not sure is going to do the trick. The thing is that the morrowind naming conventions are being moved into the oblivion and skyrim naming conventions. The tool only bulk changes one path to another.

What do u mean?

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Well, if you think such

Well, if you think such modification to file paths can be done, then I really hope you succeed.  May I suggest that you make the filepaths Textures\Morrowind and Meshes\Morrowind  instead of Textures\MW.  I'm not really a fan of abbreviations like that.

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Sorry I got it wrong, the

Sorry I got it wrong, the tool does exactly what we want :)

It scans the "textures" directory and changes the nifs according to what it finds in the textures. Perfect! Did a little test and works like a charm.

All we need is the bat file now...will work on it today.

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
I’ve created a spreadsheet

I’ve created a spreadsheet (excel 2003) which is based off Iniquity mesh lists () and Zilavs scripts for skywind.esp.

Download spreadsheet here and bat files.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1vwmz6hbHGPbGVSU2U2SFFaSTg/...

There are 4 worksheets in the spreadsheet:
meshes-master (Iniquitymeshes list)
skywind-scripts (Zilavs scripts to do with nifs)
xcopy (used to create new file structure)
your-mesh-files (used to compare your physical files against these lists)

meshes-master
The meshes-master worksheet has the columns:
    group (from zilavs scripts – cross referenced)
    editorid (from zilavs scripts – cross referenced)
    morro filename (orginal)
    location/faction (for grouping and prefixes of files)
    top-folder (architecture/clutter/dungeons/furniture/armor/weapons/landscape)
    sub-folders (for grouping in general)
    abbr (abbreviations from locations and factions)
    fn prefix (only used for a couple of groupings so far; “common”, “int”)
    filename (name of the nif file)
    file exists (cross referenced against “your-mesh-files”)

There is a key match up for abbreviations on the right highlighted in green. This is used for the prefixes of filenames.

There are:
3803 records from mesheslist2.list
126 records from lostmesheslist.txt
3929 in total

If the column group and editorid have #N/A then it does not exist in the “Skywind.esp” scripts.

I have copied zilavs scripts for the groups to do with nifs. They are;
ACTI, ALCH, APPA, BOOK, DOOR, FLOR, FURN, INGR, KEYM, LIGH, MISC, STAT, WEAP.

skywind-scripts
The skywind-scripts worksheet has the columns:
    filename (the path and file of the nif)
    formid
    editorid
    exists in meshes-master (cross-referenced against Iniquity lists)
    file exists (cross referenced against “your-mesh-files”)

The skywind.esp scripts have 6103 records, plus some extra for lighting.

Most of these groups don’t exist in the “mashes-master”; APPA, BOOK, FLOR, KEYM, LIGH, A lot of the DOOR files are missing.

your-mesh-files
If you put the bat file “output-your-mesh-files.bat” into the “Data\Meshes” folder of your Skywind folder then double click to run it to produce a file “your-mesh-files.txt” which has the complete list of nifs in your folder.
It takes a couple of minutes but once it is done you can open it up and copy and paste this into the spreadsheet under the worksheet “your-mesh-files”. The spreadsheet will then cross-reference to see if you physically have the files from the master lists.

I started with a complete fresh install of Skywind and used the following links to get all my files: http://morroblivion.com/forums/skywind/skywind-mod-releases/...

I’m not missing many from Iniquity list, but obviously a lot are missing from the Skywind scripts.

xcopy
Finally the reason I set about this task. It is based of some basic rules which Oblivion and Skyrim use to group and name their files for meshes and textures.

This is calculated from the master-meshes columns to produce a format that will be easy to maintain and read in the future – imo.

The general principle is to group things into the following main categories; architecture, clutter, dungeons, furniture, armor, weapons, landscape, effects, sky, magic, terrain.

Then if it s defined by location or a faction it will have a sub-folder with this name. The resulting filename is also prefixed with the abbreviation for the location or faction.

Further sub-folders can be defined, and Skyrim had a tendency to create folders for any small group when possible to define. Oblivion didn’t do it as much.

I found the general rule, that if you can find a common thread amongst models then its better to group them with a sub-folder.

I have made things easy to change encase there is an uproar about the naming conventions, but I spent a lot of time trying to get things perfect. It’s not 100% at the moment, but close.

Probably the easiest thing to do is move the download file “create-morrowind-meshes.bat”, and copy into your Skywind "data\Meshes" folder. Double click to run, which will create a new folder called “morrowind”. Look at the structure and tell me what you think? There are a few loose files, and still need to figure out if some of them actually belong to a particular group, but it’s a start.

If you want to make changes to the folder structure then copy-and-paste from the xcopy worksheet into the “create-morrowind-meshes.bat” and detele "morrowind" folder and re-run.

I think that it would be useful to use this spreadsheet as a master list going forward. Again let me know what you think?

I haven’t done textures yet. I’m going to apply the same rules. However there will be the problem of renaming the actual textures and the references in the nifs. I realised that the NifTextures tool only works for creating new directory structures and not the actual renaming of the filename itself. I think I should able to alter the tool to do this with a bit of coding.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Finally a structured approach

Finally a structured approach to the problem. Yeah, having a tool to change texture paths in nifs would be quite handly.

Iniquity
Iniquity's picture
Hmm, in general, my pack is

Hmm, in general, my pack is ok? or not?

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Hmm, in general, my pack is

Hmm, in general, my pack is ok? or not?

I'm not exactly sure too be honest. I'm pretty new to how everything has been put together. I was hoping that you guys could use the spreadsheet to get a feel for what important things might be missing.

There is a difference between what objects were extracted from Morroblivion and the mesheslist.txt that you uploaded. But then again I have no idea of how many of these are actually used in the game world itself. Its possible that not many of them are actually used. I don't know how to get world counts of objects. Can somebody tell me how to do this? Once we get this we can get a better idea of what is needed.

The quick analysis was that there is a big difference between DOOR, APPA, BOOK, FLOR, KEYM, LIGH, WEAP objects extracted from Morroblivion to the original list. Because I just copy and pasted from Zilav scripts there are duplicates as far as some models are used by multiple objects. So it looks worse than it is. The files have been physically present for most of the objects, except weapons.

I'll create another worksheet, which is missing meshes files grouped together, so its easier to read. This is only in relation to what each user has installed on their machine. You can see the results of what I have, as I've paste my files into the "your-mesh-files" tab.

This was based from http://morroblivion.com/forums/skywind/skywind-mod-releases/3081

If everybody can check the results for their setup then it will help to get a better picture if more meshes need to be packed for another download. Again though without world counts, won't know for sure if something is really needed or not.

I have not done textures yet.

Iniquity
Iniquity's picture
can u post your mesheslist?

can u post your mesheslist?

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
My mesh
grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
This is the list of missing

This is the list of missing meshes (for me) compared to the morroblivion scripts. Considering I pasted it into the post as opposed to a link to a file is a very good sign :)

Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\ApparatusUAUAlembicU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\ApparatusUAUCalcinatorU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\ApparatusUAURetortU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\ApparatusUGUAlembicU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\ApparatusUGURetortU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\ApparatusUJUAlembicU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\ApparatusUJURetortU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\ApparatusUMUAlembicU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\ApparatusUMURetortU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\ApparatusUSUAlembicU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\ApparatusUSURetortU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\AppUGUCalcinatorU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\AppUMUCalcinatorU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\AppUSUCalcinatorU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\MiscUmortarpestleU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\MiscUmortarpestleUGU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\MiscUmortarpestleUMU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\MiscUmortarpestleUSU01.nif
Clutter\morro\m\BMUCeremony.nif
Clutter\morro\m\BMUFlamingEyeBall.nif
Clutter\morro\m\Nbdwemercoin.nif
Clutter\morro\m\NBsoulgemLesser01.nif
Clutter\morro\n\IngredUpearlU01.nif
Clutter\Quill01.NIF
Fire\FireOpenMedium.nif
Fire\FireOpenMediumSmoke.nif
furniture\XHashmi\kvatchthrone01.nif
Lights\CandleFat02.nif
lights\candlefatevil01fake.nif
Lights\CandleSkinny01.NIF
lights\light_com_lantern_02_green.nif
lights\light_com_lantern_02_red.nif
lights\light_com_lantern_02_yellow.nif
Morroblivion\Clutter\Apparatus\SkoomaPipe.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Barset\ComBarDoorAnim.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Barset\DeBarDoorAnim.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionRound01.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionRound02.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionRound03.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionRound04.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionRound05.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionRound06.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionRound07.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionSquare01.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionSquare02.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionSquare03.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionSquare04.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionSquare05.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionSquare06.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionSquare07.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionSquare08.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionSquare09.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\InvisibleSeat.nif
Morroblivion\Lights\morroblivionChandilier01.nif
Morroblivion\Lights\morroblivionChandilier01L.nif
Morroblivion\MOtrapanims\probeANIM.nif
Morroblivion\Weapons\Bows\bonemoldbow.nif
Morroblivion\Weapons\Steel\club.nif
Vvardenfellarmormod\Weapons\Cloudcleaver.nif
Vvardenfellarmormod\Weapons\Imperial Broadsword.nif
Vvardenfellarmormod\Weapons\Silverstaffofpeace.nif
Weapons\Chitin\chitinaxe01.nif
Weapons\Chitin\chitinclub01.nif
Weapons\Chitin\chitindagger01.nif
Weapons\Chitin\chitinshortbow01.nif
Weapons\Chitin\chitinshortbow01inviso.nif
Weapons\Chitin\chitinshortsword01.nif
Weapons\Chitin\chitinspear01.nif
Weapons\Daedric Lord\DaedricNodachi.nif
Weapons\Ebony\Bow.NIF
Weapons\iron\dagger.nif
Weapons\morro\w\DwarwenBow.nif
Weapons\morro\w\IceMspear.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WU6thUHammer.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUAdamantiumUAxe.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUAdamantiumUClaymore.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUAdamantiumUMace.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUAdamantiumUShortSword.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUAdamantiumUSpear.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUArtUBipolarUBlade.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUartUbladeUcrescent.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUartUclaymoreUchrys.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUartUclaymoreUiceblade.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUartUclaymoreUumbra.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUArtUCleaverStFelms.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUArtUCrosierStLloth.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUartUdaggerUfang.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUartUkatanaUgoldbrand.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUArtUkeening.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUArtUMaceofSlurring.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUartUmaceUscourge.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUArtUMehrunesRazor.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUArtUMolagBalUMace.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUartUspearUmercy.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUartUstaffUhasedoki.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUartUstaffUmagnus.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUArtUsunder.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUArtUVolendrung.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUartUwarhammerUcrusher.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUbattleaxeUdaedric.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUBATTLEAXEUIRON.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUbroadswordUebony.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUBroadswordUImperial.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUBROADSWORDUIRON.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUBroadswordUleafblade.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUChitinUAxe.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUchitinUclub.nif
Weapons\morro\w\wUchitinUspear.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUclaymore.nif
Weapons\morro\w\wUclaymoreUcrystal.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUClaymoreUDaedric.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUClub00.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUclubUdaedric.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUCLUBUIRON.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUdaggerUchitin.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUDaggerUdaedric.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUDaggerUdragon.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUdaggerUglass.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUDaikatana.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUDaiTkatanaUdaedric.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUdartUsteel.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUDeUFork.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUDreughUclub.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUDreughUstaff.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUDwemerUbattleaxe.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUDwemerUclaymore.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUDwemerUhalberd.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUDwemerUmace.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUDwemerUshortsword.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUDwemerUspear.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUDwemerUwaraxe.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUDwemerUwarhammer.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUEbonyUScimitar.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUGoblinUClub.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUGoblinUSword.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUhalberdUglass.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUhalberdUiron.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUHALBERDUSTEEL.nif
Weapons\morro\w\wUhircineUspear.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUHuntsmanUlongsword.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUHuntsmanUspear.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUHuntsmanUwaraxe.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUHuntsmanUwaraxeM.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUIceMsword2.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUIceUdagger.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUIceUlongsword.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUIceUmace.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUIceUwaraxe.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUIronUClaymore.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUironUdagger.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUIronULongsword.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUIronUshortsword.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUkatanaUdaedric.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUknifeUglass.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUKNIFEUIRON.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUlongspearUebony.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WULongswordUcrystal.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WULongswordUdaedric.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WULongswordUebony.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WULongswordUSilver.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUmace.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUmaceUdaedric.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUmaceUebony.nif
Weapons\morro\w\wUmaceUiron.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUminerUpick.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUNerevarBladeMiddle.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUNerevarBladeUregular.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUNordicUBattleAxe.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUNordicUBroadsword.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUNordicUClaymore.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUNordUbattleaxe.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUNordUclaymore.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUNordUdagger.nif
Weapons\morro\w\wUnordUleg.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUNordUlongsword.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUNordUmace.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUNordUshortsword.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUNordUwaraxe.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUNUClaymore.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUNUKatana.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUOrcishUbattleaxe.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUOrcishUwarhammer.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUPickaxe.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUSaber.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUSABERUIRON.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUshortsword00.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUShortswordUchitin.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUShortswordUDaedric.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUShortswordUEbony.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUShortswordUImperial.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUSilverUClaymore.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUsilverUdagger.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUsilverUShortsword.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUsilverUspear.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUsilverUstaff.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUsilverUstar.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUsilverUwaraxe.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUspear.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUspearUdaedric.nif
Weapons\morro\w\wUspearUiron.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUstaff00.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUstaffUdaedric.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUstaffUebony.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUstaffUglass.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUsteelUbattleaxe.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUSteelUstarS.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUStendarsHammer.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUTanto.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUtantoUdaedric.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUwakazashiUdaedric.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUWakizashi.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUwakizashiUiron.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUwaraxeUdaedric.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUwaraxeUebony.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUwaraxeUglass.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUWARAXEUIRON.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUWarAxeUSteel.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUWarhammer.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUwarhammerUdaedric.nif
Weapons\morro\w\wUwarhammerUiron.nif
Weapons\morro\w\WUwoodenUstaff.nif
Weapons\sanguinerose\staff.nif
Weapons\Silver\Bow.NIF
Weapons\Steel\Bow.NIF
Weapons\Steel\WarAxe.NIF

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Cool.  If you give me a

Cool.  If you give me a little bit of time, I can tell you exactly which of those morro\w (weapon) nifs you don't actually have to worry about so the list will get a bit shorter.

Edit:  Here is a quickly thrown together list of what you can REMOVE from the above list.  I am almost 100% certain that it is incomplete, but it will be easier to find missing meshes after my completed weapons mod is released in a few days.

Weapons\morro\w\WU6thUHammer.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUAdamantiumUAxe.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUAdamantiumUClaymore.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUAdamantiumUMace.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUAdamantiumUShortSword.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUArtUBipolarUBlade.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUartUclaymoreUchrys.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUartUclaymoreUiceblade.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUartUclaymoreUumbra.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUartUkatanaUgoldbrand.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUArtUkeening.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUArtUMaceofSlurring.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUArtUsunder.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUbattleaxeUdaedric.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUBATTLEAXEUIRON.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUbroadswordUebony.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUChitinUAxe.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUchitinUclub.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUclubUdaedric.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUCLUBUIRON.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUDaggerUdaedric.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUdaggerUglass.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUDeUFork.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUDwemerUbattleaxe.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUDwemerUclaymore.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUDwemerUhalberd.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUDwemerUshortsword.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUDwemerUwaraxe.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUDwemerUwarhammer.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUEbonyUScimitar.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUGoblinUClub.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUGoblinUSword.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUhalberdUglass.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUhalberdUiron.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUHALBERDUSTEEL.nif Weapons\morro\w\wUhircineUspear.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUHuntsmanUlongsword.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUHuntsmanUwaraxe.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUHuntsmanUwaraxeM.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUIceUdagger.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUIceUlongsword.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUIceUmace.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUIceUwaraxe.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUIronUClaymore.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUironUdagger.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUIronULongsword.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUkatanaUdaedric.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUsilverUstaff.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUsilverUwaraxe.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUstaffUdaedric.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUstaffUebony.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUstaffUglass.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUsteelUbattleaxe.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUTanto.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUtantoUdaedric.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUwakazashiUdaedric.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUWakizashi.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUwakizashiUiron.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUwaraxeUdaedric.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUwaraxeUebony.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUwaraxeUglass.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUWARAXEUIRON.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUWarAxeUSteel.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUWarhammer.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUwarhammerUdaedric.nif Weapons\morro\w\wUwarhammerUiron.nif Weapons\morro\w\WUwoodenUstaff.nif  

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Yeah, i suspected that most

Yeah, i suspected that most of these are not used. Its a pretty short list after that. It was just some of the furniture, clutter and lighting that I thought might be a problem for some CTDs.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Well, they are used in the

Well, they are used in the current master.  They just won't be after my weapons mod is released.  Actually none of weapon files will be (since I changed the names and filepaths in the mod).  The ones I posted were just the ones I was sure I had models for, and the rest need to be converted/remade or have replacements found.

Yep, it will be nice when we finally have all the resources converted over.

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Getting close to completing

Getting close to completing file structures now. Here is a list of meshes that I am missing. Can people please track these down and upload them? If you can't find them, there is a real possibility that they were never converted over in the first place. But I need to establish this.

clutter\morro\m\nbdwemercoin.nif
furniture\xhashmi\kvatchthrone01.nif
Morroblivion\LavaPlane.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\InvisibleSeat.nif
lights\light_com_lantern_02_green.nif
lights\light_com_lantern_02_red.nif
lights\light_com_lantern_02_yellow.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Barset\ComBarDoorAnim.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Barset\DeBarDoorAnim.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionRound01.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionRound02.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionSquare01.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionSquare02.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionSquare03.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionSquare04.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionSquare05.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionSquare06.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionSquare08.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionSquare09.nif
Morroblivion\Lights\morroblivionChandilier01.nif
Morroblivion\Lights\morroblivionChandilier01L.nif
clutter\morro\m\nbsoulgemlesser01.nif
clutter\morro\n\ingredupearlu01.nif
Lights\CandleFat02.nif
lights\candlefatevil01fake.nif
morro\d\InUvelothismallUndoorU01.nif
Architecture\Leyawiin\BlackwoodPump01.NIF
effects\bubbles01a.nif
Fire\FireOpenMedium.nif
Fire\FireOpenMediumSmoke.nif
creatures\lorkhanheart\heartend.nif
creatures\lorkhanheart\heartshields.nif
Creatures\LorkhanHeart\LorkhanHeart.nif
Morroblivion\Activators\GondolaAnimated.nif
dungeons\misc\triggers\trigzone01.nif
dungeons\misc\triggers\trigzone02.nif

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
This next list of missing

This next list of missing meshes is far less important because they have no world placements.

clutter\morro\m\bmuceremony.nif
clutter\morro\m\bmuflamingeyeball.nif
Morroblivion\Clutter\Apparatus\SkoomaPipe.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionRound03.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionRound04.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionRound05.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionRound06.nif
Morroblivion\Furniture\Cushions\CushionRound07.nif
clutter\quill01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\ApparatusUAUAlembicU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\ApparatusUAUCalcinatorU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\ApparatusUAURetortU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\ApparatusUGUAlembicU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\ApparatusUGURetortU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\ApparatusUJUAlembicU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\ApparatusUJURetortU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\ApparatusUMUAlembicU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\ApparatusUMURetortU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\ApparatusUSUAlembicU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\ApparatusUSURetortU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\AppUGUCalcinatorU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\AppUMUCalcinatorU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\AppUSUCalcinatorU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\MiscUmortarpestleU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\MiscUmortarpestleUGU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\MiscUmortarpestleUMU01.nif
Clutter\MagesGuild\morro\m\MiscUmortarpestleUSU01.nif
Morroblivion\IdleObjects\PipeAnim.nif
Morroblivion\IdleObjects\BowlAnim.nif
Morroblivion\IdleObjects\TankardAnim.nif
Morroblivion\IdleObjects\SpoonAnim.nif
Morroblivion\IdleObjects\broomanim.nif
Morroblivion\IdleObjects\BeerBarrelAnim.nif
IdleObjects\BlackSmithHammer.NIF
IdleObjects\BlackSmithClamp.NIF
Characters\_male\IdleAnims\Morroblivion\FishinRod01.nif
IdleObjects\Idledrum.nif
IdleObjects\idlelute.nif
IdleObjects\idlelute.nif
Clutter\SoulGemLesser01.NIF

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor
I think all those files are

I think all those files are included in the mesh package, but only under a different name.
No idea how or why that happend, you need to check it yourself.

Example:
[ CushionSquare09.nif ] is called [ furnUcushionUsquareU09.nif ]

Shadow
Shadow's picture
No,

No, furnucushionusquareu09.nif was the old cushion mesh.  The ones in the morroblivion folder were new meshes created by qwerty I think, that are much nicer.

Hey Happychappy, why don't you make a new post in the bugtracker with all of the missing meshes?

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Will do with the bug

Will do with the bug tracker.

I want to make sure that I have all the latest a greatest meshes...so I've done the downloads again from [RELz] Compiled Skywind Meshes [Updated 20 December 2012]

However I have a download from a month ago which was a "transparency archive" for flora and trees. Can somebody tell me if this was merged into the main archive download?

Shadow
Shadow's picture
It was merged.

It was merged.

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Right, I think I better

Right, I think I better upload something, otherwise I'll just keep finding more things to do with this task. But the download here has a complete restructure and move of the meshes and textures to a "meshes\morrowind" and "textures\morrowind".

To fully test you really don't want anything in your meshes and textures folders other than the new morrowind folders. You can rename your existing folders to something else for testing.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1vwmz6hbHGPSVNQdXpwZU1Gcnc

[edit] *IMPORTANT* please download this to get correct .bat file for copying textures! The one in the zip is incorrect.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1vwmz6hbHGPMTg2STItc0VfUFE

You will want to copy and paste the .bat file "skywind.double.click.to.copy.textures.to.morrowind.folder.bat" from the textures folder in the download to the one that has all your existing textures. Once run it will copy the textures to a new folder "morrowind". Move this to your game texture folder.

The meshes and new Skywind.esm should only have references to the new folders and filenames.

Because only models (meshes and textures) that are used from the conversion by zilav, there is a clean up of unused models. Meshes are now 230mb (97mb zipped) and textures should be around 1.25gb (1gb zipped).

There has been a consolidation of duplicate textures, up to a certain point. There are still duplicates for the sake of maintaining model independence, but its more in check.

Everything has been organized into the Oblivion/Skyrim way of sorting its models. Mainly by top groups, regions, locations, and factions. Once you get used to it, it will be a lot easy to locate and find things :)

There are some broken models, missing meshes and textures (for me). There are some models that didn't converted in the nif texture replacer. I edited them manually in NifSkope, but this seems to have broken the visibility of textures for them as well. Maybe somebody could have a look at them?

http://morroblivion.com/broken-models-in-restructure-to-morr...

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Sweet.  Does that download

Sweet.  Does that download have the new master as well?

If so, I think we should get it merged with anything Eloth has been working on and run that script Eazzy made to set all NPCs to unique and call it a new release.  And maybe merge what Machine has done so far with the NPCs?  Oh, and perhaps what's done of the Navmesh as well?

Oh, and does it have all the models and textures from Eloth's latest fix?  I was going to post that right now, but I think it is probably unnecessary now.

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Yes it does have a new master

Yes it does have a new master and it does have eloths lastest fixes (fix4).

Lets get it tested first and then we can do all the merging :)

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
The .bat

The .bat "skywind.double.click.to.copy.textures.to.morrowind.folder.bat" has some incorrect paths names, please download this for correct paths

[edit-new file]

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1vwmz6hbHGPMTg2STItc0VfUFE

Remember that you want to copy and paste this to the folder that has all the skywind textures. It will create a "morrowind" folder.

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor
.bat Program is not doing the

I changed the script a little bit and it is working now.

ECHO F | XCOPY /Y "%~1" "%~2" > ECHO B | XCOPY /Y "%~1" "%~2"

File = Bestand in Dutch
I guess its language depended after all.

EDIT:
I can not support this conversion. There are too many errors and files that can’t be found. I think the list in the script is based on incorrect information and file locations.

Some one need to upload a 100% correct working full package, There are simply too many inconsistencies among modders after this conversion.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
It must be done sooner or

It must be done sooner or later. Better sooner.

eloth
eloth's picture
im working on it now, fixing

im working on it now, fixing this mess, im nearly there

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
All the information for the

All the information for the textures have been taken from the models themselves using the NifTextures tool. So they would be missing, or the paths were incorrect in the first place. We get to fix that now.

Feel free to post a list of what is missing for you and we can figure out where they can be located.

My missing textures are in the bugtracker.

http://morroblivion.com/missing-textures-for-skywind

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
I've found some meshes that

I've found some meshes that didn't convert with the NifTexture tool, because they have a node type that it doesn't handle.

Meshes\morrowind\landscape\plants\blackanther01.nif;
Meshes\morrowind\landscape\plants\blackanther02.nif;
Meshes\morrowind\landscape\bittercoast\plants\bc_fern01.nif;
Meshes\morrowind\landscape\bittercoast\plants\bc_fern02.nif;
Meshes\morrowind\landscape\bittercoast\plants\bc_grass01.nif;
Meshes\morrowind\landscape\bittercoast\plants\bc_grass02.nif;
Meshes\morrowind\landscape\bittercoast\trees\bc_tree01.nif;\Meshes_SecondPhase\Meshes\morrowind\landscape\bittercoast\trees\bc_tree02.nif;
Meshes\morrowind\landscape\bittercoast\trees\bc_tree07.nif;
Meshes\morrowind\landscape\grazelands\trees\gl_tree03.nif;
Meshes\morrowind\landscape\grazelands\trees\gl_tree04.nif;
Meshes\morrowind\landscape\grazelands\trees\gl_tree05.nif;
Meshes\morrowind\landscape\grazelands\trees\gl_tree07.nif;
Meshes\morrowind\landscape\grazelands\trees\gl_tree03.nif;
Meshes\morrowind\landscape\grazelands\trees\gl_tree04.nif;
Meshes\morrowind\landscape\grazelands\trees\gl_tree05.nif;

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
This task has ended up being

This task has ended up being about 200 times harder and longer than I first thought it was going to be! I was a little naive when I thought I'd just help out a little lol.

Sorry for the delay on this, real life has kept me away from a computer for the last couple of days. Anyway here is the newest version for download.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1vwmz6hbHGPOFhDbHdhMk1pazA/...

I still haven't gone through all the duplicates to ensure that the latest and greatest are being used. I imagine over the course of the week that once we are ready to publish something for general public that most of those will be sorted out. About 30% checked so far.

To get the textures copy and paste the .bat ("skywind.double.click.to.copy.textures.to.morrowind.folder.bat") to the folder that has all your textures. This will create a folder "morrowind". A log file with the missing files will be created called ("skywind_morrowind_copy_textures_1_log.txt"). I have created another .bat ("skywind.double.click.to.copy.textures.to.morrowind.folder.match.ups.bat") which has some of the missing textures that I have found in other directories and names. I have left these separate because I want to establish exactly what is missing from every person who is testing. Hopefully all the missing textures can be found under some other directory or name.

This is the list of missing meshes.

http://morroblivion.com/missing-meshes-for-skywind

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
List of known meshes that

List of known meshes that need converting:

morrowind\dungeons\solstheim\caves\ice\sol_exit01.nif
morrowind\dungeons\solstheim\caves\ice\sol_type02exit01.nif
morrowind\dungeons\solstheim\caves\ice\sol_type02exit03.nif
morrowind\dungeons\solstheim\caves\sol_hbaneentrance01.nif
morrowind\dungeons\sotha\doors\soth_actdoor.nif
morrowind\dungeons\sotha\doors\soth_actpredoor.nif