Pages

200 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jobe wan kenobi
Jobe wan kenobi's picture
darthmarticus wrote:

darthmarticus wrote:

I get the impression Skywind is doing all the original Bethesda content so that's the main game, Tribunal and Bloodmoon. My question is, does it cover the 8 free official plug-in DLCs that Bethesda did? One or two should be irrelevant (one just added ambient sounds If i believe) but there was one with a mini quest etc. Seeing as these are just as valid as the main DLCs, is this happening?

I think they may be done in the future but the base game and the main two dlcs will be done first.

AmanShah21
AmanShah21's picture
A lot of morrowind quests had

A lot of morrowind quests had the use of levitation necessary. Will that be added to the mod? BTW, I am new here and I think you guys are doing something unbelievable here. I know very basic programming, so I dont think I'll be much help with the mod tools, unless its easy for noobs to learn, but I can definitely help with testing. Let me know what I can do.

AmanShah21
AmanShah21's picture
My bad, I just read the

My bad, I just read the thread and I see levitation and teleportation are added. Excellent! Cant Wait!

Nightblade
Nightblade's picture
just wondering if this ever

just wondering if this ever plans on going to consoles ? And wondering if you plan to have a spell alter.

Jobe wan kenobi
Nightblade wrote:

Nightblade wrote:

just wondering if this ever plans on going to consoles ? And wondering if you plan to have a spell alter.

This will never be on consoles, its simply not feasible. Spell altars are definitely a possibility if they aren't already in.

Twisted Logic
Twisted Logic's picture
If spellmaking is implemented

If spellmaking is implemented (I hope it will be), the Morrowind system will likely be used where it's a service provided by an NPC rather than an altar that you go to. It should be noted that I do not know the direction that will be taken, and this is simply informed speculation.

danjoredd
danjoredd's picture
Do I have to start a new game

Do I have to start a new game to play skywind, or can I use a character I already have? I love my character, and I don't really want to start an entirely new game just to play. I will start a new game if it is nessesary, but I don't really want to.

Jobe wan kenobi
You can use your Skyrim

You can use your Skyrim character if you want to. That been said you will get a better experience from using a new character really, otherwise you'll be pretty overpowered :P

danjoredd
danjoredd's picture
Ok, thanks! It will make it

Ok, thanks! It will make it easy on lets-players too.

danjoredd
danjoredd's picture
I have the steam version of

I have the steam version of skyrim, and the physical version of morrowind, pls it's expansion packs. Do I need to get the steam version of morrowind for skywind to work?

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
no, it's fine.

no, it's fine.

MaitreKorda
MaitreKorda's picture
Hi, First, you guys, are

Hi, First, you guys, are doing a great work.

I just have a question about the mods skyblion and Skywind: Why don't make a "modern-look" provinces, with all events and things who happed between 2 games can be visible?

Lukhas
Lukhas's picture
Hey guys. You're just doing a

Hey guys. You're just doing a great job!
I have a question about SkyWind :)

I have modded Skyrim. Will SkyWind work with this, or it needs a clean installations of Morrowind and Skyrim? Because I don't know if there will be a possibility to play SkyWind and Skyrim separately with its own saves etc. 

SkyWind is a standalone project which use Skyrim engine only or it's "merged" with Morrowind and Skyrim?

Sorry for my bad english. 

Jobe wan kenobi
MaitreKorda wrote:

MaitreKorda wrote:

Hi, First, you guys, are doing a great work.

I just have a question about the mods skyblion and Skywind: Why don't make a "modern-look" provinces, with all events and things who happed between 2 games can be visible?

Because that would be a lot more work and isn't what these guys set out to do. They set out to preserve the feel of Morrowind but enhance it using the gameplay mechanics of Skyrim and the upgraded engine. If you want to find projects with that goal try here; http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/

MyNameIsBob
MyNameIsBob's picture
I'm not sure if this question

I'm not sure if this question has been asked but will the character models be changed so that Khajiit and Argonians walk on their toes and have the arched back legs?

xabu
xabu's picture
I asked this question a while

I asked this question a while ago and didn't get an answer, so I figured I would ask it again further into the development of the mod.

In Morrowind, there are 3 clans of vampires, in Skyrim, you are simply a vampire. Will the vampire clan quests be available to a vampire player in Skywind? If so, which clan(s)?

Silvermodder
Silvermodder's picture
well basically every quest

well basically every quest that were in morrowind there will be in skywind so don't worry because you will be able to play all of the vampire quests.

about the models of the khajiit and argonians' feet, probably they wont be made and if there are plans to do them, they will have low priority, because there are already some mods that add those features.

Rock_n_roll2000
Rock_n_roll2000's picture
is this going to be free?. if

is this going to be free?. if not how much is it going to cost?

aretea
aretea's picture
Completely free of charge.

Completely free of charge. All based on free labour for your enjoyment. 

Rock_n_roll2000
oh cool! you guys rock!

oh cool! you guys rock!

Rock_n_roll2000
thanks a lot :) can't wait!  

thanks alot :) can't wait!

fearpocalypse
fearpocalypse's picture
Will Skywind work with the

Will Skywind work with the Dragonborn DLC?

Sancez
Sancez's picture
Hi guys, is there a change

Hi guys, is there a change log or something about the things already implemented or not? I mean, the last skywind version I downloaded was a 0.2 or something similar, yesterday I downloaded the 0.9 version but I couldn't see any change between the two of them. Do you guys take records somewhere on the forum, like a check list? I'm sorry for my english, I hope I'm clear enough. I was hoping the npcs was dressed in the 0.9 version, and the gauntlets/pauldrons/greaves models were there, but not.

xabu
xabu's picture
I noticed in the FAQ it

I noticed in the FAQ it mentioned that a morrowind style equipment system will be included, will this be optional?

danbojones
danbojones's picture
Hi, I'm looking to get in

Hi, I'm looking to get in touch with one of the project leads for an interview about Skywind and the super-mod process in general for GamesIndustry.biz. Can anyone help me out with a contact?

Thanks,

Dan

Gilibran
Gilibran's picture
As a huge fan of the very

As a huge fan of the very similar project ( though different in execution) A Tale of two wastelands, i am really looking forward to this. Yesterday I spend about two hours on the attic to find my old copies of Morrowind and the expansions to re-install them :-) I have been lurking here for a while following the project and reading about it. I absolutely already endorse it without even playing it.

As for alot of peoples reactions to the lore. Personally i can not be bothered with any lore breaking immersion because of the time frame because there already is a very simple solution. Just start out in Morrowind as a elf :-) they live long enough to easily be the hero in all 3 seperate worlds.

I do have a few questions/suggestions that could be usefull to think about (so far as off course they have not already been thought of) at this stage of the project, but imo very usefull in the future to avoid conflicts and/or provide with a solid integration of Skywind. I fully understand it's still in development and alot of work still needs to be done before it's finished but as a irl software tester i know it's never to early to consider ideas but it can be to late.

1. Have you already thought about asking the creator of Mod Organizer if he is willing to enter the project at this stage so Mod Organizer can be optimized for Skywind at an early stage. I was thinking along the lines of perhaps giving mods that will be focused on the Morrowind side of Skywind a seperate virtual directory, or a seperate virtual directory for skywind in totall? This would not only facillitate users in the end but more importantly devellopers and modders with an easy ready tool for testing future addons and mods. It could also possibly prevent Skyrim mods to inadvertently influence the Morrowind part and vice versa. It would even be possible to perhaps integrate a Skywind, and later Skyblivion???, installer (with verification tool that a legal copy is installed) into Mod organizer for easy installation and update distribution? It would imo be a huge bennefit if, for instance, a armor pack could be simply released as a mod rather then as a release which requires the installer to be run (as is how I imagine updates will be released??). Simply provide updates as a package which can be activated through the Mod Organizer. This off course completely depends on the willingness of the Mod Organizer creator and Skywind devellopers. It's becoming more and more popular over the Nexus Mod Manager so that would also provide a certainty of prolonged future support and updates. I read some topics about Skywind installer maintenance and dev's wanted, not that i want to undo other people's hard work, but Mod Organizer is a very neat, already well developed, and still in development, tool to eliminate the need for a seperate, maintenance heavy, installer!? Using Mod Organizer integration would also mean more people would be made aware of the Skywind project (that is offcourse if you want more attention!?)

Also having an early connection to Mod Organizer could help with establishing a solid LOOT basis.

2. Have you already invited/made contact/asked permission from the author of the "alternative start" mod to integrate that into Skywind and later Skyblivion? That mod would provide an excellent way for starting new games and integrate from the start how people want to experience it. Start as an elf and play in lore friendly order. Start in Skyrim if you dont care. Start in Morrowind as a short lived race and once you travelled to Skyrim start as a distant relative of the Neraverine with perhaps only few inherited items or a complete estate and wealthy based on how you played your ancestor in Morrowind? Or you are a lowlife because after the erruption the Neraverine lost everything or once arrived in Skyrim was a failure and died as a forgotten hero drinking himself to death? Just examples offcourse, there are alot more creative people out there that will invent plausible ways the game could be started. From lore friendly to timetravel, to I dont care and wanna free travel and shout my way around morrowind ;-)

Keep up the good work, very much looking forward to a playable release

Regards

Miqueias11
Miqueias11's picture
I have two questions

I have two questions

1. Will I be able to buy/build a house on Morrowind?

2. Will there be places to purchase horses on Morrowind?

MaidenPriestManic
MaidenPriestManic's picture
Hey I am curious if the guild
Hey I am curious if the guild quest/ranks in skywind will have skill requirements like they did morrowind.
Leekers
Leekers's picture
@Xabu: I think not anymore,

@Xabu: I think not anymore, there were some difficulties when developing this system. I'm not 100% sure but I think no.

@Danbojones: You can contact one of the moderators of administrators

@Miquias11: You can't build a house like the Heartfire DLC, but I think they will implant a feature to buy houses on Vardenfell. About the horses I'm not sure, I think yes, but you have also Silt Striders and the Mages Guild as public transport.

burgzaza
burgzaza's picture
Hi, congratz for this

Hi, congratz for this beautiful project you have ! Everything I read about Skywind is great and I can't wait to play it. And it looks to be pretty well advanced... hell even the forum is gorgeous once registered ;)

So I follow this project from a long time ago and whats brings me here is that today a french video games magazine "reminded" me about this :

" Telex : We've already told you about this Morrowind renewal with the Skyrim's engine, in this magazine.Well, according to Louis-Ferdinand Sébum who, this morning, were blissfully waging across the head office and imitating the cliff racer's scream, the release is coming soon"

-Canard PC

( I'm not sure about the translation, sorry ;) )

So ! Can it be true ? I know it's in 0.9 stage, but how long can be "soon" more precisely ? ^^

When it's done ? ;)

I'm gonna try Morrowind vanilla, just to get even more blasted by Skywind !

Take care.

Miqueias11
Miqueias11's picture
I know that Morrowind GOTY

I know that Morrowind GOTY and Skyrim are required to play Skywind, but I want to know, does it matter whether the games are downloaded through steam (or by other means of PC download), or do they have to be on a disc, or does it not matter? 

thegentlemancaller
thegentlemancaller's picture
Hey all,

Hey all,

I have a quick question and wanted to make sure I didn't create a new thread for it and create unnecessary clutter... Forgive me if this isn't the best place. :) I've been registered here and occasionally post since earlier this year (and lurked for a year before that), so I'm not foreign to finding my way around, but I couldn't find a blatant answer, so here I go...

Concerning tiling with ground textures...

I know that this has been problematic to some degree, with many (successful) efforts having gone into masking them through various static items (rocks) and animated grasses. After noticing the Creation Kit Landscaping Demo on Twitch, I was curious: was this a problem in vanilla Skyrim that Bethesda simply masked (and I never noticed), or is it a result of importing Morrowind assets into the Skyrim creation kit?

I don't foresee it being a problem, of course, I'm not asking for any reason outside of pure curiosity.

Thanks to whoever for taking the time to respond!

CheekyScamp
CheekyScamp's picture
Great to see this happening

Great to see this happening guys!  You are all amazing

Now, with flattery out of the way, I am going to ask the most irritating question.

do you know when this might be finished/ release to public again?  The front of this thread reckons March 2013, which is evidently a little wrong, and the main FAQ states it can be downloaded now, which it cant.  I just want a ball park figure to keep my mind at rest!

Thanks again

thegentlemancaller
thegentlemancaller's picture
Hi Cheeky Scamp,

Hi Cheeky Scamp,

The FAQ is in need of a desperate update, unfortunately. The download is no longer available, as there's simply so much in the pipeline for the next release. It will be available down the road, all though there's not a singular timeline set in place. So as much as it sucks to say, bare with us and wait a while longer. It'll be ready when it's ready.

If you want to help make the release happen quicker, you could always help out! :)

CheekyScamp
CheekyScamp's picture
Thanks for that, wish I could

Thanks for that, wish I could help but I'm not much of a computery type

jogvan
jogvan's picture
Hi, I have a question.

Hi, I have a question.

Once Skywind is done, the content will be open for modders resource?

Thanks

Leon
Leon's picture
jogvan wrote:

jogvan wrote:

Hi, I have a question.

Once Skywind is done, the content will be open for modders resource?

Thanks

All the content that is created for Skywind belong to their original creators. (they own the rights to their creations) If you want something like say a model of a tree, then you must ask the person who created that tree for permission if you want to use that 3d model in your own mod.

eecer
eecer's picture
A couple questions.

A couple questions.

1. How are you dealing with the maximum map size in the Skyrim Engine (64 cells if I remember correctly) and the much larger scale of Morrowind?

2. It seems that Beyond Skyrim and yourselves have the same goal with different stories. Have you guys considered working together on building the maps and then going your separate ways in the stories? 

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Morrowind is actually smaller

Morrowind is actually smaller than Skyrim, don't know where did you get that "larger scale".

Billyro
Billyro's picture
I have a few questions about

I have a few questions about Skywind.

1. Does Skywind essentially replace Skyrim? Could we choose to go to Skyrim if we wanted? 

2. What will the combat be like? Will the combat be similar to vanilla Skyrim where it takes 20 hits to kill one enemy, or will the combat be deadlier like it was in Morrowind? 

3. Will Skywind have its own character assets? I ask this because I saw some head sculpts of a male Dunmer, but I don't know if it was used or not. 

4. Continuing on from the previous question, how compatible will Skywind be with character mods for Skyrim? Most specifically, will mods like RaceMenu and its custom sliders work in Skywind? Does Skywind use the vanilla bodies for its equipment? 

5. Will we have to disable mods in order to experience Skywind as intended? I've grown quite attached to my Skyrim mod setup, and if possible, I would like to keep it. 

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks! :) 

Jobe wan kenobi
Billyro wrote:

Billyro wrote:

I have a few questions about Skywind.

1. Does Skywind essentially replace Skyrim? Could we choose to go to Skyrim if we wanted? 

2. What will the combat be like? Will the combat be similar to vanilla Skyrim where it takes 20 hits to kill one enemy, or will the combat be deadlier like it was in Morrowind? 

3. Will Skywind have its own character assets? I ask this because I saw some head sculpts of a male Dunmer, but I don't know if it was used or not. 

4. Continuing on from the previous question, how compatible will Skywind be with character mods for Skyrim? Most specifically, will mods like RaceMenu and its custom sliders work in Skywind? Does Skywind use the vanilla bodies for its equipment? 

5. Will we have to disable mods in order to experience Skywind as intended? I've grown quite attached to my Skyrim mod setup, and if possible, I would like to keep it. 

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks! :) 

1. You'll still be able to go to Skyrim and use the same character. Although it might ruin the experience, lore and all that :P

2. I imagine it will be like Skyrim's combat. I'm not sure what the consensus on level scaling is yet.

3. They're trying to replace all assets so I believe character assets might get replaced. I know for a fact Dragomir (our lovely lead concept :) ) wanted to.

4. Character mods may work depending on what they modify? I might be wrong though. Yes the equipment will use vanilla Skyrim bodies.

5. Some Mods will work with Skywind depending on what they do. Also hopefully people will create mods specifically for use in Skywind so maybe people will make popular mods work with it. 

Billyro
Billyro's picture
Thanks for the reply. :) 

Thanks for the reply. :) 

I suppose when Skywind is released, I won't hesitate to cull lots of mods (except the really important ones) so it's all good. 

Morrowgan
Morrowgan's picture
I know it's still too early

I know it's still too early to ask, but do you some special plans for Sotha Sil's Clockwork City ?

Jobe wan kenobi
It depends on what you mean

It depends on what you mean by special plans. I imagine they haven't even thought about it yet as the DLCs will not be done until the main game is finished.

johnykeany
johnykeany's picture
Guys i'm a beginner with

Guys i'm a beginner with these things. I followed your steps and bought the games ( Skyrim and Morrowind with all DLC'S). When Skywind will be out what i'll do to play it? It's a mod? What is it?

Zhalor
Zhalor's picture
Oh come on...seriously?  

Oh come on...seriously?

Cornell Cormack
Cornell Cormack's picture
So, they never seem to update

So, they never seem to update the FAQ or download pages, is this project still ongoing? and if so, how far has it come? basically, is skywind going to be completed, and if so, when, ballpark estimate? I'm very interested in this, so, please let a brother know, and thank you all very much.

Sancez
Sancez's picture
Yes, it's still going on,

Yes, it's still going on, just look at all the topics with progress being made. If I remember correctly some time ago someone told about a possible release around september/october 2015, but I would not be that optimistic. More probably 2016, but that's just my opinion and I'm not in the team or nothing, so take my words with pincers. You can check the progress here on the forum or on youtube on their channel.

Cornell Cormack
Cornell Cormack's picture
thank you for your reply. I

thank you for your reply. I also appologize, I'm not good at reading the progress of this sites topics, never been good at that, this site kinda confuzes me, but I'll try to figure things out. thanks once again, and lets hope it gets finished soon enough and well. happy belated new years everyone! ^)_(^

Pages

Topic locked