Pages

200 posts / 0 new
Last post
CiaranB123
CiaranB123's picture
I'm not too sure about them

I'm not too sure about them to be honest, I guess it's up to others for that.

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
levitation and teleportation

levitation and teleportation spells are already in. I don't remember for telekinesis.

immortalfrieza
immortalfrieza's picture
How are you going to handle

How are you going to handle shouting in Skywind? For instance, if a player wants to use shouts without going to Skyrim to find the words and so forth, will they be able to, and if so, how will they bypass the requirements needed in the base game to actually use them?

I'm impressed with the progress on Skywind so far. Actually, based on the version number it looks like you're further along with Skywind than you are with Morroblivion.

digitalparanoid
There will be no shouts to

There will be no shouts to learn in Skywind so unless you you bring an existing character to Skywind, you won't be able to use any.

In the case you know some shouts, then it's your choice to use them or not. If there's a way to block shouts use we would propose it, in the configurator plugin for example but that hasn't been looked into.

Regarding versions, yes Skywind is more advanced than Skyblivion because most of the team is dedicated to Skywind at the moment. When we have a official release of a "completed" version, then those interested in doing so would start working on Skyblivion. For now, we just have a few people "preparing" this project.

immortalfrieza
immortalfrieza's picture
Regarding versions, yes

Regarding versions, yes Skywind is more advanced than Skyblivion because most of the team is dedicated to Skywind at the moment. When we have a official release of a "completed" version, then those interested in doing so would start working on Skyblivion.

I said Morrowblivion, not SkyOblivion.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
It's not SkyOblivion it's

It's not SkyOblivion it's Skyblivion.

digitalparanoid
immortalfrieza wrote: I said

immortalfrieza wrote:

I said Morrowblivion, not SkyOblivion.

Then, yes morroblivion is basically "complete", while Skywind is still under heavy development.

Gamer6432
Gamer6432's picture
Does the copy of Morrowind

Does the copy of Morrowind (with both expansions) have to be a Steam version like Skyrim, or will my old Game of the Year be sufficient?

digitalparanoid
they should both work.

they should both work.

UberOmega
UberOmega's picture
You mentioned that Skywind

You mentioned that Skywind uses Skyrim skills, but the answer about crafting was a little confusing and gave the impression that it will use a combination of both systems.

Specifically for magic and enchanting, will this be closer to the Morrowind system or the Skyrim system?  Will flight still be available as an enchantment?  Will you still be able to enchant spells into rings and gauntlets?  Will you be able to craft your own spells?

KsassPeuk
KsassPeuk's picture
I don't have a

I don't have a good english so I hope I'll be understandable ...

Which file do you use for quest/dialogue texts ? Concretely, if I have a french version of the game, will the texts be in english or french ?

digitalparanoid
Everything is in english at

Everything is in english at the moment. The core team will not provide another language. We will try to make other versions possible but the translation will not be done by us.

Etuenne
Etuenne's picture
Hi please tell me who I shall

Hi please tell me who I shall contact to help for translate this enjoyable game (french in my case)

digitalparanoid
Je posterai les fichiers à

Je posterai les fichiers à traduire dès que possible.

Kazetatinu
Kazetatinu's picture
Hi, I'm passing by after

Hi, I'm passing by after seeing your Development video. I'm not sure if the font for the dialogues is finalised yet, but I wonder if there would be a way to change it? I find it very difficult to read (from the snippets that I've seen in your video.) As much as it is stylish, I just don't find it practical at all.

digitalparanoid
Their will not be any

Their will not be any particular font for Skywind in the main package (there might be optional download if someone wants to create a particular font for Skywind).

So your vanilla font or any mod you installed to that regards will work.

The footage used a font mod, unrelated to Skywind.

thinzad
thinzad's picture
Just an FYI:  apparently the

Just an FYI:  apparently the installer doesn't recognize Morrowind as modified by the Morrowind Code Project (MCP).  I got the error message that it wasn't found, while running the installer from within the Morrowind directory.  Only figured it out after MCP 1.8 in the lower left corner instead of 1.6.1820 for the version number.

JetpackAngel
JetpackAngel's picture
I haven't read through the

I haven't read through the entire thread yet, but I just wanted to jump in and hope that a worldspace link is put in somewhere on Solstheim. When I first played Skyrim's Dragonborn DLC, I was so moved by the devastation of the landscape and the grim specter of that big honkin' volcano spewing ash all over everything that I actually tried to see how close the game would let me get to Khuul. I also really, really wanted to compare the geography. (Funny, I don't remember any Dwemer ruins...) Would it be possible/permissible to put a cave somewhere on the island where the player has to go really, really deep into the earth and stumbles across a portal/rift/bored Daedric Prince/plot-hole and transported either forward or back in time 200 years?

Picture it: the player enters the plot device and is time-warped, at which point a person who started in Dragonborn's Solstheim would make the arduous hike back up (through a seemingly identical cave that almost looks like nothing has changed so if you're roleplaying then your character might wonder what the big deal was and did anything actually just happen) to the surface and emerge to see a pack of wolves, or a wild Nord Berserker. The player attempts to seek shelter behind the Bulwark of Raven Rock, but that place doesn't exist yet. After barely making it alive to a fully restored Fort Frostmoth, a one-time guard who will never exist in the game again will confront you, think that your accent sounds funny, and who the hell are the Thalmor and how dare you imply that the Empire will ever be anything but awesome, I'm gonna throw you in jail. Screen goes black, and then Jiub is asking you what your name is. And if you finally make it back to Solstheim, the cave is still there and since it's not your first trip through, you can now travel back and forth.

Can this please happen? Pretty please? Is it even possible?

digitalparanoid
There will be no real

There will be no real explanations about the time difference between Skyrim and Morrowind as part of the main package.

Skywind is a full game and can be thought of as a single experience. However, we don't block you from travelling to and from skyrim but as of now, the only optional package for now is adding travel arrows.

Anything fancier would have to be developped individually outside the core team.

tommythegun
tommythegun's picture
Contributor
Should have searched the

Should have searched the forum before posting this. Really.

Epervier666
Epervier666's picture
Hi This response is for

Hi

This response is for SkassPeuk and DigitalParanoid.

I'll write it in english and in french

So I am Epervier666, the writer of the progam ESP/ESM Translation (on the Skyrim Nexus) which allow to translate all Elder Scrolls and Fallout mods (Bethesda ones).

I'm following this project since the very beginning (since Galadriel writes the first program which concerted a lot of morrowind into oblivion), even if it's the first time I write something. I don't have any tides with the team who does this great job.

I have begun to translate Skywind in french, using my program. I can't say I have almost finish, but I can say that I have 57773 / 62817 lines translated. So It's really advanced. Basically, I do Copy Paste, because I have a database with morrowind english/french texts. With some adjustments obviously.

I know the project is not done, but my program allows to update easily translations, so the work done won't be loose, and it will be much quicker to translate next versions once I finish this one (the 0.9).

I will give the translation when it's finished of course. I was doing that for me, and for anyone who wish it. So don't bother, I will finish it. If you absolutly want to do that by yourself, of course, I won't tell you otherwise.

Anyways, Thanks to all the team for this great project !!!

And now in french :

Donc salut, je suis Epervier666, le gars qui a écrit le programme ESP/ESM Transation (sur le Nexus de Skyrim) qui permet de traduire les mods de Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3 et New Vegas.

Je suis ce projet depuis le tout début (depuis que Galadriel, sur le forum de wiwiland a écrit le tout premier programme qui permettait de convertir les fichiers de morrowind dans Oblivion), même si c'est la première fois que j'interviens sur le forum. Je n'ai aucun lien avec les personnes qui travaillent sur ce magnifique projet.

J'ai commencé à traduire Skywind en français, via mon programme. Je ne peux pas vraiment dire que j'ai presque fini, mais j'en suis quand même à 57773 lignes de traduites sur les 62817. Donc j'ai quand même pas mal avancé. En gros, le job se résume surtout à du copier coller, en utilisant ma base de données de morrowind, avec quelques ajustements bien sûr. C'est long et fastidieux, mais j'avance pas mal.

Je sais que le projet n'est pas terminé, mais mon programme permet de mettre à jour assez facilement des nouvelles versions, donc le boulot n'est pas fait pour rien (je traduis actuellement la version 0.9).

Bien sûr, la traduction sera disponible pour tous quand j'aurais terminé. Je faisais ça pour moi à l'origine. Bref, ne vous embêter pas à faire la traduction, je suis dessus. Bien sûr ce n'est pas une revendication quelconque : Si vous tenez absolument à la faire vous-même, c'est vos qui voyez. Je voulais juste indiquer que je le fais.

Voilou

digitalparanoid
Salut, chouette si tu as déjà

Salut,

chouette si tu as déjà avancé sur ce sujet. L'équipe de dev ne va pas fournir de traduction mais nous sommes évidemment content si d'autres s'en charge.

Si tu veux bien partager ton boulot, est-ce que tu pourrais créer un thread dans le sous-forum "Quest and NPC" avec tes fichiers, comment installer etc...

J'aimerai aussi que tu m'envoies en PM ce dont tu as besoin pour mettre à jour tes fichiers de traductions quand nous modifions le master

###########################

Back to english, I just asked Epervier666 to start a thread if he feels like sharing his work.

Pajoonk
Pajoonk's picture
Hi, First I want to thank you

Hi,

First I want to thank you for your great work.

And now questions...and maybe some statements :-)

Recently I read much about differences between Morrowind and Skyrim, what gamers like and hate in those games.

I don't know if this is general consensus but from what I read people like Skyrim for: graphics & sound (etc.) and fight system but prefer Morrowind in pretty much everything else :-). Maybe I'm simplifying it too much, but I don't want to write few pages to describe it in detail.

I myself agree whit what I read and would like to know if development team thinks similarly. So I have this questions.

1. Will the advancement in guilds depend on player stats or just the quests?

For me its one of best mechanics in Morrowind, providing immersion and replayability. I sold Oblivion after I became head of every Guild with my archer. I laughed when my warrior became archmage in Skyrim (with basically one initial test passed by buffing magicka). Of course you could exploit Morrowind mechanics to archive similar result, but it was never handed to you on a plate like in later games.

2. Will politics and faction affiliation of play role in player's journey.

In Morrowind for example you couldn't belong to opposing factions of House Telvani and Mages Guild at the same time (at least not without some exploits). This again provided immersion, replayability and forced you to consider consequences of your choices and actions. Such mechanics sadly scraped in Fallout 3 and simplified in Skyrim were successfully implemented in New Vegas which brings hope that it is not impossible to bring them in Skywind.

3. Would You consider rebuilding perk system to resemble weapon, armor etc. diversity from Morrowind?

It would be very important especially considering guild requirements. For example:

General attribute like One Handed could give you advancement in Warriors Guild, Thieves Guild and Morag Tong so I would like to see perk tree representing Morrowind's Short Blade attribute taken to consideration in this regard.

It's all I can think of right now but I'm sure more questions will come when I find my copy of Morrowind and install your mod.

Best regards to whole team.

PS:
One more thing:

Leveled Lists. I think that part of Morrowind experience was that to gain access to best gear, some parts of island etc. you had to be tough, or lucky, or cunning...or fast :-) You simply could not explore whole island on early levels, which adds some sort of mystery and give you motivation to progress and explore further and further.
Mass use of leveled content could break this original Morrowind feel. I hope You will find adequate compromise.

digitalparanoid
1. advancement is based on

1. advancement is based on deeds and skills

2. Interfaction relationships have been implemented (might need some tweaking). Skywind should have the same restrictions as morrowind for joining "concurrent" factions.

3. not as part of the core project. Anyone who wants to create an optional download that changes skills, perks, etc is welcome... Skills for factions advancement have been chosen in the list of vanilla skills.

Zimnel
Zimnel's picture
It's impressive how much is

It's impressive how much is this progressing :)

I'm a long time lurker and I'm enjoying this development very much, trying and having great times with the versions you made available for download.

Alas, the link provided in your FAQ is not working anymore for me:

http://morroblivion.com/forums/skyrim/skywind-mod-releases/3323

I receive an "access denied" error message popping every time I try it. Is this thread blocked temporarily?

immortalfrieza
immortalfrieza's picture
A small thing, but is the

A small thing, but is the player going to be able to sneak up to Dagoth Ur's minons unnoticed and talk to them like in the original game?

Xello 99
Xello 99's picture
Why isn't skywind available

Why isn't skywind available anymore ?

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Due to it's very alpha stage,

Due to it's very alpha stage, it is only available to active contributors.

Kelsen
Kelsen's picture
Did people get bored of

Did people get bored of SkyWind so they moved on to SkyBlivion? I thought Skywind was done since Skyblivion was being worked on but then I found out it isn't even close...

Vivec
Vivec's picture
Kelsen wrote:

Kelsen wrote:

Did people get bored of SkyWind so they moved on to SkyBlivion? I thought Skywind was done since Skyblivion was being worked on but then I found out it isn't even close...

Skyblivion is being worked on by a few people. Skywind is being actively developed by most of the modders here. Skywind is much further along in development than Skyblivion.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Vivec wrote:

Vivec wrote:

Kelsen wrote:

Skyblivion is being worked on by a few people. Skywind is being actively developed by most of the modders here. Skywind is much further along in development than Skyblivion.

Technically, the only difference is quests and I'm pretty sure a tool is being made to recreate those, too. If all the tools work perfectly (and I believe everything is going extremely well right now), it will end up ahead of Skywind.

moondawgz
moondawgz's picture
Do you plan on doing this
Do you plan on doing this with daggerfall eventually?
digitalparanoid
no

no

tim
tim's picture
Will you be able to disable

Will you be able to disable the actor dialog? for a more 'authentic' experience. Really looking forward to this, keep up the good work people!

ZeroSbr
ZeroSbr's picture
tim wrote:

tim wrote:

Will you be able to disable the actor dialog? for a more 'authentic' experience. Really looking forward to this, keep up the good work people!

If you mean the voice acting, then no, unless you want to delete the voices from your version of the assets manually. We're supposed to be modernizing Morrowind, and voice acting is a must for PC games of this caliber today.

Jobe wan kenobi
Jobe wan kenobi's picture
ZeroSbr wrote:

ZeroSbr wrote:

tim wrote:

If you mean the voice acting, then no, unless you want to delete the voices from your version of the assets manually. We're supposed to be modernizing Morrowind, and voice acting is a must for PC games of this caliber today.

Actually I'm fairly certain that the voice acting will be a optional mod that can be added to Skywind.

ZeroSbr
ZeroSbr's picture
moondawgz wrote:Do you plan

moondawgz wrote:

Do you plan on doing this with daggerfall eventually?

If we were ever going to do this with Daggerfall, don't you think we'd have done that first?

The reason we won't is mainly because we'd have to do everything from scratch. Arena/Daggerfall don't use the same style of engine that the rest of the TES games do. This is also why I'm nervous about upcoming TES games, because if they use a completely different engine (Not just a souped up Gamebryo engine), then I don't think anyone would want to convert any of the past games to it, because again, we'd have to start from nothing.

If you REALLY want to help someone do something this outrageous though, take a look at these links:

http://daggerim.webs.com/

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1320121-the-eld...

ZeroSbr
ZeroSbr's picture
Jobe wan kenobi wrote:

Jobe wan kenobi wrote:

ZeroSbr wrote:

tim wrote:

Actually I'm fairly certain that the voice acting will be a optional mod that can be added to Skywind.

You're right, my mistake. That's how morroblivion was too.

Shushine
Shushine's picture
Contributor
ZeroSbr wrote:

ZeroSbr wrote:

tim wrote:

Um, no voice acting will be a separate addon that doesn't need to be installed to play skywind...Its always been like that and it will continue like that. 

Edit: Never mind you corrected your mistake

moondawgz
moondawgz's picture
Understandable
Understandable
moondawgz
moondawgz's picture
Do you think doing Oblivion
Do you think doing Oblivion will be easier than Morrowind or about the same?
ZeroSbr
ZeroSbr's picture
moondawgz wrote:Do you think

moondawgz wrote:

Do you think doing Oblivion will be easier than Morrowind or about the same?

MUCH easier. Although I don't think we're using many of our own assets, we're just porting it with revamped lighting, landscape, etc. to my knowledge.

As far as armors and weapons, I think they should at least be retextured, but that's up to the people with skills. Clutter could be solved by borrowing improved clutter meshes from mods around the Nexus with permission. Heck, a lot of our worries could be solved via mods on the Oblivion Nexus if they all gave permission.

So basically, an enhanced port, just like Morroblivion, and it will be faster than Morroblivion.

moondawgz
moondawgz's picture
Can't wait to see Shivering
Can't wait to see Shivering Isles in revamped graphics.
moondawgz
moondawgz's picture
Also, will you be using the
Also, will you be using the same sky as morrowind or will I have to do that myself? Not a problem if I do, just wondering if you will.
mertusta
mertusta's picture
Hi everyone, my question is
Hi everyone, my question is about quests and dialogues in Skywind. Will you use exactly same dialogues with vanilla Morrowind? So can we see all and same Morrowind dialogues in Skywind??   I'm asking, 'cause we would like to translate Skywind into Turkish and if you gonna use same language pack with Morrowind, that means we do not need to wait for Skywind. Good luck!    
digitalparanoid
The dialogue is the same as

The dialogue is the same as morrowind.

face444road
face444road's picture
Hello 

Hello 

will be Skywind translate to german language   ? plan anyone this job? :)

digitalparanoid
Not from from the core team,

Not from from the core team, but any translation effort is welcome.

darthmarticus
darthmarticus's picture
I get the impression Skywind

I get the impression Skywind is doing all the original Bethesda content so that's the main game, Tribunal and Bloodmoon. My question is, does it cover the 8 free official plug-in DLCs that Bethesda did? One or two should be irrelevant (one just added ambient sounds If i believe) but there was one with a mini quest etc. Seeing as these are just as valid as the main DLCs, is this happening?

Dragov
Dragov's picture
I cannot see the install

Edited...

Found the answer by reading through several other posts and putting it together...

Pages

Topic locked