Pages

200 posts / 0 new
Last post
rayne89
rayne89's picture
Some questions and suggestions

First of all I want to say a big thank you for this! I've been playing Morrowind for so many years and as Skyrim was released I was thinking "How would Morrowind look like in Skyrim-engine?"

I got some questions, however.

May there be a real chance to get Skywind running along with Skyblivion? So both realms could be visited?

Will the factions from Morrowind (fighters guild, morag tong, thieves' guild etc.) be skill-based as in MW or quest-based as in Skyrim? I think it was much more of a competition to get maximum ranks in MW than in Skyrim as you had to level up your skills and not just running through a Mages Guild with no magic skill at all :D

As you told earlier you will keep the perk system as it is a native skyrim-feature. How about leveling up? Will I get a more "morrowindier" feeling with leveling up like selecting stats (luck, strength etc.) or will it be just like the skyrim things (stamina, magicka and life)?

This are my questions so far. Suggestions are as follows:

A.

The time gap between Skyrim and Morrowind could be solved by creating a quest that sends you via ship to the morrowind-region (northern shores of skyrim for starting or something like that) and gets "caught" in a timewhirl that sends you to the start of morrowind (seyda neen I think).

B.

For getting back to Skyrim (and the new timeline) you could use a new, non-Morrowind character who may be a member of the psijic order or something. I think it could be some sort of daedric game as well :D

so this were my questions and suggestions, I would appreciate it if you would answer to this :)

And please guys, keep up the great work! Your project sounds and already looks so awesome that I can't really wait to see it launched.

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
I just want clarify some

I just want clarify some misconceptions about how the world of Skywind and Skyblvion work in Skyrim.

They are not separate games in any way. You are playing Skyrim period. But we are adding a new world space that has locations, npc, quests, armor and weapons of the original Morrowind and Oblivion games. They are mods, like you may have played Moonpath to Elsweyr.

Your character cannot change between these world spaces. As far as the engine is concerned its all one game. The difference between moving between a Skyrim location and a Skywind location is the same as fast traveling to any location. Do you expect any changes to your character when you fast travel? No, same rules apply, because it is the same.

To incorporate any changes like different leveling up, or changing game mechanics, means that it will be applied to you character. So when you go back to "Skyrim", it will take these changes with it. Unless of course some incredible detailed scripting is done to identify which world space you are in, therefore applying some changes. But that is not really something that is in the scope of this project. Too many problems, too many bugs associated.

I can imagine in time that plugins will be released that have major game mechanic changes. You can already do these types of things with mods for Skyrim. For example "Third Era Attributes for Skyrim" - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13968.

I guess what I'm saying is that the base release of Skywind and SkyBilvion will probably try not to effect your game of Skyrim in too many ways. We will leave it up to the player what sort of game mechanics they will want to add, but we will have a list of what can be used :)

xabu1
xabu1's picture
vampirism

Thank you for the answer above, one more question:

How is vampirism handled? In vanilla skyrim, you are simply a vampire, with dawnguard you can be a vampire lord of the volkihar clan, in Morrowind, there are the 3 clans of vampires. Will a vampire from Skyrim be able to pick a clan? 

irol2273
irol2273's picture
How to install Skywind ?Cannot enter morrowind....

I have downloaded and installed all the packs but i was confused

for textures,should i put them into /data/ directory or put into /data/Textures directory?(so that it looks like "/data/Textures/morrowind/..."?)

but after i entered Skyrim,i found that it's somehow strange because the world map didnot change(though the clouds are dissappeared)

when I clicked“~”and added“cow WrldMorrowind -5 -5”it didnot work,but said like couldnot found the objects ....

I was confused>>>

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
/data/Textures/morrowind/ is

/data/Textures/morrowind/ is where the textures go.

Just use "cow wrldmorrowind -5 -5" [no quotes] do not put AND at the start,it is no longer used.

Also make sure to tick the Skywind.esm in the launcher,also it should be second on the load list I think.

thenoobfactor
thenoobfactor's picture
Armor

Are we going to get a release of just the completed armors and weapons while we wait for skywind to be updated to a playable state?

orgint
orgint's picture
  "I don't think we have

"I don't think we have settled on how you will travel between worlds and the time gap, but at the moment because its alpha, you do it through the console command "cow wrldmorrwind 5,5"."   This is purely a suggestion, and it's not all that important, but Dragonborn introduced the "read a book travel to a different world feature," and, maybe, having a book available from the outset of skyrim (or from Morrowind, if we are giving people the ability to start from either location) that acts as "passage" between worlds would be better then someone on a boat transporting you 200 years back. It would be more of the player vicariously living the adventures of the past/future (depending on where they start) via the book?     
airwoff88
airwoff88's picture
that sounds cool, and also

that sounds cool,

and also kind of reminds me of the traveling books in the dragonborn dlc.

the book could even me titled: "Morrowind" (then the date)

chainedwarhead9
chainedwarhead9's picture
hey guys i was wondering

hey guys i was wondering  could you use texures and mesh from dragonborn dlc like the ash ground and netches ETC.

DunmerRaiz
DunmerRaiz's picture
I have a question.You see,

I have a question.

You see, there are children in Skyrim, so my questions is; Are there going to be Dunmer children in Morrowind? And if so, does this mean there will be Elf and High Elf children too?

I mean it probably wouldn't be too hard, all you'd have to do is copy the children models from Skyrim, and recolor them a dark tone. Then give them elf ears and red or yellow eyes. You'll probably have to change the shape of their face (because Dark elves have weird face shapes). You could even use the same voice acting of the children in Skyrim, or get voice actors.

Also, will we be able to buy a house, get married and adopted children like in Skyrim? and if so; in Skyrim you have to go to the temple of Mara to get married, what about in this mod? There are lots of Dunmer temples in Morrowind.

Jack Rendar
Jack Rendar's picture
Marriage and children are

Marriage and children are plausible features, despite not being in the original game. Plus there are mods out right now that add children for all of the races if iirc.  At the moment, however, this consideration would be grouped under the 'least concern' folder and probably not be addressed until the majority of the mods is completed.

Tl;Dr Yes but you might have to wait 2 - 3 years.

hikick8
hikick8's picture
Skywind As far as CK

Can anyone tell me the coordinates for Balmora? I can't seem to reach it by normal means.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
-5 -5

-5 -5 or type tmm 1 and it'll enable every map marker.

hikick8
hikick8's picture
ty

thanks a lot 

Prato
Prato's picture
Q

Will Skywind follow the same timeline of development as Morroblivion did ? Many people are curious for a rough completion date. I know it is impossible to tell exactly; Morroblivion took over 4 years, but can we expect the same rate of conversion? Or with practice and more modern technologies, do you think it will be faster to get finished?

Prato
Prato's picture
* I am not emphasizing

* I am not emphasizing 'development' the word just wont go down 

Mehh
Mehh's picture
There is a difference between

There is a difference between finished and playable. Skyrim was technically just finished 2 days ago, since no more dlc is being released, but if you count the patches they're likely to release, then Skyrim isn't done yet. Now if the question is "When will Skywind be playable?" Well, it's kinda hard to say, probably sometime this year.

GendunDrup
GendunDrup's picture
While there's no ETA, there

While there's no ETA, there are ways to decrease the ETA.

http://morroblivion.com/forums/skyrim/skywind-development/4418

Check out this thread, it's an easy way to get Skywind up and running even faster.

hikick8
hikick8's picture
Skyrim-Morrowind Relations

In the future, possibly near completion...or at all, really. Any plans on making people in Skyrim talk of things in Morrowind? Or vice versa? I realize this all depends on the whole timeline thing and that it isn't exactly set in stone as to how Dovahkiin gets to Morrowind, but I just like the idea. Adds a certain realism to the project in my opinion. 

Please note that this is just that (my opinion)

Nebbie
Nebbie's picture
Morrowind stuff happened over

Morrowind stuff happened over 200 years before Skyrim (MEANWHILE IN THE PAST), and that's hard set in lore. No way is it going to be contemporary with Skyrim events in Skywind.

Also a stated goal of the project is to not affect existing Skyrim content in any way. I can safely say that, except for bugs, Skyrim NPCs will not talk about Morrowind stuff.

hikick8
hikick8's picture
Yeah, I didn't really see a

Yeah, I didn't really see a way around a 200 year time lapse either I suppose. 

DaPiranha
DaPiranha's picture
Morrowind = Crack

Hey guys, I only created an account to say thank you and I love what you guys have done already.  I have been playing around with the latest version and it was like giving a recovering alcoholic a drink; I'm just fiending for more!  Can't wait and thanks again!

I know it's not much but let me know if there's anything that someone who has literally 0 experience modding can do to help!

Ted95
Ted95's picture
Hehehe. I do.

The Elder Scrolls. Twice used. Find one more to unlock time's door.

Reincarnation isn't new. Dragonborn, Nerevarine, Champion of Cyrodiil. All are you. This is your answer. The scrolls bend time. The games deal with reincarnation. The Psiijics, the Dwemer, both used time travel. Nerevar is reincarnated as Nerevarine. You are the same individual in each game. Weave them into each other. 

TheMaskedFelon
TheMaskedFelon's picture
How about no? The

How about no? The Dovahkiin will not be going to Vvardenfell, and the Nerevarine will not go to Skyrim. These are two SEPARATE games. They should be treated as such. I for one would like to see players be immersed rather than have them believe that they are playing some stupid damn quest mod. I'm tired of the "200 year gap" junk. People shouldn't be able to shout or use Wuuthrad or whatever in this game.  Make a new character. It's ridiculous to expect that you be able to take your old character to Morrowind for some arbitrary and ridiculous reason contrived with the single purpose of allowing lazy people to pretend there's some sort of genuine reason that they should be allowed to do this, meanwhile distracting those who expected a full, true, enjoyable and lore-friendly experience. There is no evidence in the lore that any of these people are reincarnated from each other and goes against traditional Elder Scrolls values. The player should be allowed to imagine who they are and where they came from and not have any sort of origin shoved down their throat at the behest of someone who does not fully appreciate the quality and depth of the Elder Scrolls series. This is not something that should distract anyone from doing actual work for the project. Leave it to someone else.

anthelius
anthelius's picture
It's ridiculous to expect

It's ridiculous to expect that you'll be able to impose your point of view to everyone and that people will be forbidden to use their skyrim character in skywind because YOU decided so. You're tired of the "200 years gap" discussion? That's fine, nobody forces you to mix the two games if you don't want to. Basic skywind will probably not include any connection with skyrim but it won't restrict the skyrim gameplay either, it will leave modders devellop different connection mods to please everyone and that's much better like that...

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Playable February or March

Playable February or March 2013 :(

da loc
da loc's picture
just wondering
Q: After the final release of skywind, would it be possible for some one to make this mod downloadable, and able to work on consle?
Mehh
Mehh's picture
da loc wrote:Q: After the

da loc wrote:

Q: After the final release of skywind, would it be possible for some one to make this mod downloadable, and able to work on consle?

That would require hacking your 360/PS3.
darknes100
darknes100's picture
Just a quick question: Can

Just a quick question:

Can you go to Morrwind from Skyrim?

EnvyDeveloper
EnvyDeveloper's picture
Yeah, just use the console

Yeah, just use the console command "cow WrldMorrowind 0 0" without the quotes to get you to the centre of Vvardenfell :)

To come back, use the command "COC Riverwood" without the quotes. :)

ZeroSbr
ZeroSbr's picture
What about dragons? Will

What about dragons? Will there be random dragon encounters in Skywind while in Morrowind? I'd imagine you guys wouldn't let that happen, but just making sure.

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
no, no dragons.

no, no dragons.

anthelius
anthelius's picture
I don't really know where to

I don't really know where to post it but I've seen the latest version of fnis (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11811//?) added the possibility to create arm independant animation. What about recreating the arm animation from morrowind during ash storm?

dontpokethebear3893
dontpokethebear3893's picture
> first truly playable Beta

> first truly playable Beta version will be released (if all proceeds as it is currently) around February or March of 2013. 

so now that this is long past due, can we get it updated or at least removed?

lifelong
lifelong's picture
Donor

lifelong
lifelong's picture
Donor
darknes100 wrote: Just a

darknes100 wrote:

Just a quick question:

Can you go to Morrwind from Skyrim?

>>Obviously did not read one word in this thread.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
dontpokethebear3893

dontpokethebear3893 wrote:

> first truly playable Beta version will be released (if all proceeds as it is currently) around February or March of 2013. 

so now that this is long past due, can we get it updated or at least removed?

Yeah, we had a bit of complications that delayed everything, so ya, updating that from the FAQ would be nice.
seven2heven
seven2heven's picture
i always wonder .... did you

i always wonder .... did you guys ever contact bethesda and request some help ? i think they'd be pleased if not busy or have no profit in it but i think some officials of bethesda need to be aware of this and maybe this was done i dont know but keep on the great work guys ^_^ and thank you very much

stijmunkey
stijmunkey's picture
Contributor
Donor
guy from bethesda was

guy from bethesda was actually on our forums, from what it sounded like they are not against the poject, but due to legal issues n such they cant discuss it on official forums or participate in the creation of it

operationsealion
operationsealion's picture
Just wondering, how will

Just wondering, how will armors look in this game? Will they be versions of Morrowind's armor, or just the Skyrim ones repurposed with additional ones to compensate for the ones missing? I noticed in one of the Skywind screenshots on the site that the character was using Skyrim's iron armor, and that made me curious.

Smerk
Smerk's picture
operationsealion wrote: Just

operationsealion wrote:

Just wondering, how will armors look in this game? Will they be versions of Morrowind's armor, or just the Skyrim ones repurposed with additional ones to compensate for the ones missing? I noticed in one of the Skywind screenshots on the site that the character was using Skyrim's iron armor, and that made me curious.

We are planning to make armor so keep your shirt on sparky. We were actually planning to make it so there more in parts to like in morrowind where you can have one gauntlet on one side and a diffrent one on Etc... but I actually don't know where were at on that though.

operationsealion
operationsealion's picture
Thanks for the reply. I'm not

Thanks for the reply. I'm not trying to be impatient, sorry if I came off that way. I was just curious. I'm glad you're keeping the spirit of Morrowind alive here.

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Just did a visit to Bethesda

Just did a visit to Bethesda forums and noted this official statement :

Recently there have been a number of posts concerning [Morrowind] Mods and people using assets from other games, in whole or in part.

We do not and will not get involved in the policing of the [Morrowind] Mod community. However, in no way, shape, or form can we allow people to talk about taking copyrighted and proprietary materials from other games and using them for mods for [Morrowind].

Any threads discussing using models or assets from other games in [Morrowind] Mods are going to be locked, no questions asked. As a software developer and publisher, we don't have the luxury of looking the other way on this. Sorry.

We certainly don't want anyone using the work we've done on [Morrowind] in mods for other games, so we have our part when it comes to other games. Please stop using assets from other products for [Morrowind] mods, and please do not use any assets from [Morrowind] for projects in other games.

Thanks for your understanding.

-Pete

*The use of Morrowind here also applies to any of the other games.

Basically they will never interfere with these projects.

jorjor
jorjor's picture
ok so if skyrim takes place

ok so if skyrim takes place in the 4th era and oblivion and morrowwind take place in the third it dosent really make much sense for the dragonborn to go to morrowind if you just take a boat or something. for example in dragonborn you go to Solstheim and the red moutain has already erupted. but in skywind the redmoutain hasnt erupted yet and that mess hasnt been sorted out yet. so unless you do something like that wooden mask with the timebending back to a point where the busts of the dragon priests were working again. Its kind of breaks the lore like a lot. i know this is very early alpha still and im not hating on it but it just dosent make very much sense in any way. You just so happen to go to morrowind and the place is just like before the red Moutain errupts. but if you go to Solstheim the volcano has erupted and the place is covered in ash everywhere. is there any plans to make this a lot more lore friendly or is it going to stay like this?

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Dear Jorjor, You studious

Dear Jorjor,

You studious epiphany on the cruxes in timelines is most certainly vacuousness.

What you don't know is that this whole time you are in fact the Nerevarine, and that Skyrim is some lore breaking made up 4th Era "Dragonborn" mumbo-jumbo. So we should be asking what is Bethesda going to do about it?

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Dear Jorjor, After writing to

Dear Jorjor,

After writing to Bethesda about the discrepancies, they informed me that at this time they would not be looking at redoing Skyrim and its DLCs to comply with the lore having both 3rd and 4th Era provinces, as dictated by you. I consider this is just lazy work on their behalf and a lot of the shine has come off this franchise for me. I'm calling for a world wide "burn the Elder Scrolls games day". In the case of electronically bought versions, I suggest a HARD shift+delete on the install folder, but still yell "BURN!" as you do it for the cause. Please make a backup in case it turns out that I'm a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

For those still wanting to play the game, despite this very obvious "show stopping, can't just imagine that you are playing the game as intended with a new character, or just trying out what its all about with my existing Skyrim character", my suggestion to make it perfectly lore friendly, is that we have a time traveling boat. Once the "Magus Capacitor" in the Silver DeNordean boat gets up to 88mph, it can traverse the rifts of space-time. Phew problem solved!

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
Jorjor, you can play Skywind

Jorjor, you can play Skywind independently with a brand new game, without ever going to Skyrim. In this case, no lore issue.

However, if you agree to have some lore discrepancies, you can take your cherished Skyrim character to Skywind (currently by console or map marker, through transports mods laters).

1st solution is clearly for those who want a single game experience (playing morrowind again, basically)

2nd solution is for those who want to take their character in all provinces (Skyrim, Morrowind - Vvardenfell, and Cyrodiil in Skyblivion). For this one, you have to make some sacrifice on some lore logics.

vincentgustav
vincentgustav's picture
Hey everyone, First of all -

Hey everyone,

First of all - 100% praise on this project. My girlfriend and I are going to contribute to the voice acting asap to help out where we can.

Now for my question (sorry if this has been asked somewhere else on the forums). 

It is my understanding that the gameplay, skills and perks will all be from the skyrim engine, however, how is the Skywind team planning on doing leveled items and enemies? All versions of the elder scrolls games have handled this differently. 

In morrowind mostly everything was hand placed (dwemer items were located in dwemer ruins), in oblivion and to a degree skyrim upper echelon items were given to higher tired npc's - is this the route planned for skywind?

Now for npc's - will these characters be leveled upon first entering a dungeon (like skyrim) or will the dungeons level be predetermined (like morrowind)?

Thanks,

Vincent.

p.s. Can't wait for the cliff racers with dragon ai (hahahahahahahhahah awwww man).

CiaranB123
CiaranB123's picture
I personally think it should

I personally think it should be using the Skyrim system, and then if people want to then they could make a mod that changes it to the Morrowind system. I'm not sure what is actually going to happen though.

vincentgustav
vincentgustav's picture
That makes sense, would leave

That makes sense, would leave the player entitled to the newer gameplay or with a mod they could experience the full morrowind immersion. 

What do you think about spells that have been removed, aka: levitation, telekinesis or teleportation spells like almsivi intevention etc?

Pages

Topic locked