47 posts / 0 new
Last post
RammS
RammS's picture
Detailed action plan and hiring process

Guys, here is a alpha-version of the more detailed and structured action plan, in order to complete our targets with strategical and tactical organization. All work on the project separated to the appropriated departments with the main responsible people. First of all, responsible person should be familiar with the work in department in order give a help to the members of the whole department. In every department will be sub-departments with their own specialized and tactical leaders which will organize the main work on some pieces of the project's area.[/b]

1) Masterfile and setup[/b]Progress: Responsible: ironman12345

2) NPCs; Factions, relationships, level lists, AI packages, criminal system Progress: Responsible: Ramms

3) Mesh and Textures, Armors and Weapons (temporally thread of the all dep) Progress: Responsible: eloth and alexanderb 

4) World, environment, ownership, missing objects placement, trap system, mining locations, misc objects, like working furniture etc. Progress: Responsible: 5) Scripts, Dialogues, Voicetypes and Quests Progress: Responsible: digitalparanoid ,Machine and Stijmunkey 

6) Magic system adjustments, enchanted armor and weapons; scrolls Progress: Responsible:

7) Potions and ingredients, diseases, blight, recipes for armor and potions Progress: Responsible: 8) Creatures Progress: Responsible: This thread for suggestions, proposition of the participation in the departments etc.

Edited by: grumpycat on 01/18/2014 - 14:11
RammS
RammS's picture
Additionalpost

Additionalpost))

Clint
Clint's picture
We know Eloth is working the

We know Eloth is working the meshes. What exactly he's doing with them I don't know.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Yes I'd put Eloth in charge

Yes I'd put Eloth in charge of the models area (assuming he wants to).  After all he did create the visual overhaul, and is working hard on fixing all of the Morrowind models to work correctly.

Nice job though.  The one thing I would change would be to put Quests under the scripts category, since those are very script heavy, and it is possible to create quests without NPCs present. Just my 2 cents.

alexanderb
alexanderb's picture
Contributor
Ill take #3 guys
Ill take #3 guys
seventhlight
seventhlight's picture
I know this is probably going

I know this is probably going to sound dumb, but I don't have much experience. If theres anything I can do though I would jump at the chance to help. I'm a quick learner, so if theres any resources you guys could point me to in order to learn how to contribute in an area thats lacking, please let me know. I have the time to learn and contribute to this project!

RammS
RammS's picture
You could help with NPC
RammS
RammS's picture
updated

updated

Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
Hey!I still don't have a ton

Hey!

I still don't have a ton of time, but I'm thinking of trying to implement some Morrowind magic. Shall I create a thread, even though I probably won't be able to take full responsibility for magic over the long term?

Also might implement some on-cast type enchantments for weapons and shields triggered on bash, like the new artifacts added in Dawnguard. (So you bash with a shield and it shoots a fireball or something.)

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Go for it, a thread for magic

Go for it, a thread for magic is actually probably a good idea

Mrlollerskater
Mrlollerskater's picture
Would like to help!

Hello! I don't have a lot of experience modding games, but I know a bit about computers, and I am willing to learn! I would really like to help in any way possible, and if someone could show me how to do something, I would love to help. I am extremely driven and excited about this project and hope to do some work soon.

Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
Oof. Magic implementation is

Oof. Magic implementation is more messy than I thought. It turns out the UI pulls from the spell effect to determine what rank a spell should display as, meaning that we need to create a separate spell effect for every standard spell in Skywind.

Not being allowed to have the plugin dependend on Skyrim.esm is also problematic. Spells need to be able to recognize Skyrim perks, and some enchantments will need vanilla Skyrim effects (or else we'll over-clutter the enchanting UI with duplicate effects).

The first problem is easy enough to handle with a little elbow grease. The other problem...I'm not sure what we can do about that.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
There is nothing wrong with

There is nothing wrong with having your plugin use Skyrim and Morrowind as a master. It just means it cannot be merged yet.

maggick
maggick's picture
Hey all,I am a French

Hey all,

I am a French developer and I would like to help. I know my way around with C++ (I have seen that in the FAQ). So I can help with coding or/and translation (if needed).

However I don't know anything about the ESP.

Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
Mehh wrote:There is nothing

Mehh wrote:

There is nothing wrong with having your plugin use Skyrim and Morrowind as a master. It just means it cannot be merged yet.

All right. That's what I'll do, then.

To our other newcomers--take a look at the tasks above and let us know where you think you can help! :) 

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Mooncat wrote:Mehh

Mooncat wrote:

Mehh wrote:

All right. That's what I'll do, then.

To our other newcomers--take a look at the tasks above and let us know where you think you can help! :) 

I think a bunch of plugins use Skyrim and Morrowind as masters. I know my npcs sure use Morrowind/Skyrim as masters. =p
Patashnik
Patashnik's picture
If #5 needs proofreading for

If #5 needs proofreading for typographical errors in strings then I'd help with that. (I originally posted here.) I don't know if it's a thing that needs done in conversions, but here I am anyway.

Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
So I put this magic planning

So I put this magic planning thread together:

http://morroblivion.com/forums/skywind/skywind-development/2930

I'm currently working on bringing Morrowind magic into balance with Skyrim magic, and I'll share my work when I've got something to show. For now, the thread is pretty disorganized, but at least it's a place to discuss how we approach implementing Skywind's magic and enchantments.

RammS
RammS's picture
Main post updated

Main post updated

Tyetonious
Tyetonious's picture
There is a simple solution to

There is a simple solution to speeding things up! we must use jedi mind tricks and persuade Gopher to join us!! :P surely he cannot resist the power of the dark side!!! :P

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Maybe you should add voiced

Maybe you should add voiced dialog to the list. I know it can run into the dialog section, but it's different. Plus, the voiced dialog thread in the Morroblivion section seems dead. And there are quite a bit of new people around now who wanna help voice the npcs.

Patashnik
Patashnik's picture
Mehh wrote:Maybe you should

Mehh wrote:

Maybe you should add voiced dialog to the list. I know it can run into the dialog section, but it's different. Plus, the voiced dialog thread in the Morroblivion section seems dead. And there are quite a bit of new people around now who wanna help voice the npcs.

I suppose I'd be up for this as well, if modders take on anyone with an idea of accents and pronounciation as well as professional voice actors.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Professional voice actors

Professional voice actors would be great,but usually expensive.:),anyone with an idea of accents and pronounciation sounds like a cool plan from my seat.

But Mehh might be able to answer this better as I know nothing about voice acting.

Drive
Drive's picture
How can I help

Hey all,

I heard about this mod effort via various sources and always thought it would be cool if I could help update Morrowind. In particular I can help out with the modeling and texture aspect as I haven't gotten the chance to work in depth with the scripting or questing triggers in the creation kit yet. So let me know what you would want me to do.

PS. I apologize if this in the wrong area.

RammS
RammS's picture
We need to choose voices. Not

We need to choose voices. 

Not just make a voiceovers, because it will sounds bad. 

Voice should sound really good. In other way it will be better even without voiceover, than with bad one

Sjors Boomschors
Sjors Boomschors's picture
Contributor
Computer-Generated-Voiced-Dialogue

If Computer-Generated-Voiced-Dialogue is acceptable at this stage of Skywind development, then I could give that another spin. I still have the 3.2 GB of the Morroblivion male / female audio files on my PC.

Skywind will handle it much better then Morroblivion as switching voice type is very simple. It will only take 3.2 GB in 2 folders to asign audio to all races, and not 40 GB, LOL

Restarting from scratch is the best option; all I need is an export file containing all voice lines in text and the matching file names. I can render the matching audio dialogue in a few days.

Only the conversion from MP3 and LIP Sync to the Skyrim standard will be tricky as I have not done that before.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Kewl! Got any voice examples?

Kewl! Got any voice examples? I'm kinda curious on how they sound.

Clint
Clint's picture
Hmmm that sounds pretty boss

Hmmm that sounds pretty boss SB!

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
I think that Machine should

I think that Machine should be added to

5) Scripts, Dialogues, Voicetypes and Quests Progress:
Responsible: digitalparanoid 

?

Sjors Boomschors
Sjors Boomschors's picture
Contributor
I will upload the FULL

I will upload the FULL Morroblivion Male / Female Computer-Generated-Voiced-Dialogue package tomorrow, when I am at work. Apparently the previous uploaded files got deleted when my 4shared account expired.

Does anyone still have that TEST package with the 30 test files; I seem to have lost that file. It’s the one with all the voice morphs for all the different races.

USMCWarwolf
USMCWarwolf's picture
So I don't know if this is

So I don't know if this is open, but I would love to get involved on this. Been playing the Elder Scrolls since Morrowind, and have been in school for Game Art and Design for 2 years, with a personal emphasis on object/prop/environmental modeling and would love to get involved.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
It's opened.

It's opened.

Knyaz
Knyaz's picture
How can I help
I have 3-4 hours free a week. I'm a bad programmer. I am Ready to help with routine affairs. Tell me what to do?
Heithwald
Heithwald's picture
Help

Hello there.

I'd be glad to help the project, but as many volunteers, I'm not skilled in modelling, texturing, scripting etc.
I'm ready to study and have about 4 hours of free time each day, plus week-end. 
I could do testing, or help with lore stuff and maybe, after learning scripting (for example), I could help you with making quests.
Hope to hear from you soon. Best wishes,

Oleg

finndo77
finndo77's picture
helping out,

check the individual forum topics for what you are interested in doing, there is still plenty to be done.  Each topic has it's own "moderator" and way of assigning tasks.

I PM'd this offer in previously, but I'll make it open now, since I have not yet received a reply.  I have room on my Website to host a mirror location or temp upload storage for any files needed for this project, I have no bandwidth limitations, nor storage space limitations.  I prefer to only use it as a mirror location, or a place to put up people's work so it can be available to be added to the project, not as a primary storage location.  The only limitation is that I cannot create an account for people to upload with, somehow the files need to be gotten to me in the first place so I can upload them.

Trytonlee
Trytonlee's picture
you could try facegen or

you could try facegen or internal or external navmeshing or ai packages, they're relatively easy and the sooner they're finished the better

Jack_G
Jack_G's picture
Helping out with #7

I would like to help out the alchemy, blights, crafting, etc. I know my way around the CK and I know about magic effects and potions in the CK.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
I think the magic is actually

I think the magic is actually nearly done.

stijmunkey
stijmunkey's picture
Contributor
Donor
ironman12345 wrote:I think
ironman12345 wrote:

I think that Machine should be added to

5) Scripts, Dialogues, Voicetypes and Quests Progress:
Responsible: digitalparanoid 

?

just for the record i already finished the voicetypes i had to, to update and test the voices for skywind
Jack_G
Jack_G's picture
References

I was told that I could help with updating references but I don't know what I need to change the references to. Can anyone help?

Shadow
Shadow's picture
I'd talk to Eloth about that.

I'd talk to Eloth about that.  He is the most knowledgeable in that area I think.

fluffy_gutts
fluffy_gutts's picture
Hello all, I would very much

Hello all, I would very much like to help with the testing and I could also do some voice acting if needs be. I have done Beta testing before and I have a lot of time on my hands. The last time I programed was on a ZX Spectrum 128K+2 so I cant help with that, sorry. (showing my age now)

fluffy_gutts
fluffy_gutts's picture
Are you guys still looking

Are you guys still looking for help?

CiaranB123
CiaranB123's picture
You're better off posting
Kevin.cowles
Kevin.cowles's picture
I am a senior and am planning

I am a senior and am planning to going to college for a gaming design and development program. I was wondering if there were any assets that I could make for the Skywind Project. I have some experience in 3DS Max and I know how polygon modeling works and I would like to help out in any way I can. Here is a link to my portfolio at http://kevincowles.wix.com/kevincowles

Akilroth234
Akilroth234's picture
Hey, I was wondering if you

Hey, I was wondering if you guys have the armor for Almalexia created yet. If not, I know of a mod that has. I'm sure you can get the mod author's permission to put it in your game, he has been active recently.

Link: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24840/?

JerzyWolf
JerzyWolf's picture
Hi guys, sorry for not

Hi guys, sorry for not reading through this, but I just got a message from a friend and I'm on vacations and I can't view most of the website on my phone.

Are you still hiring voice actors and such? I'm an audio engineer and have some recording equipment too, here is the only demo I can access atm (can send a more specialized one once I come back).

https://soundcloud.com/jerzy-wolf/this-is-jerzy-wolf-mixed