14 posts / 0 new
Last post
SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
[Bug] [0.9.2] [Fixed - to be merged] Joining Guild dialog

In Balmora, I can't get any guild leader to give me a dialog option to join the guild. Using version 0.9.2 which has the revised dialog tree of options (much better, I like). I did try to get Sugar Lips to sell me something late at night and got a new dialog to come back later. But the three guilds I tried so far are Fighter, Mage, and Thief. No joining options. I did get an option to ask for a promotion in the FG. She said I need to be a member first but that still didn't trigger the dialog option.

Edited by: digitalparanoid on 03/21/2014 - 03:06
LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Has this happened on any

Has this happened on any other save games or just the one you first tried? I'm going to try this as well and see if I get the same bug.

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
You actually need someone to

You actually need someone to tell you a sentence that contains "join the fighters guild", "join the thieves guild", "join the mages guild", in order to have the option. Similar to what you had in morrowind when you discovered topics.

Normally, most of the greetings in guildhall have something like "blabla. Are you here to join the fighters guild?"

I will review that tonight, maybe I missed some. I will be more lax if it makes it impossible to join :)

And thanks for kind word. I worked my a$$ off on this ;)

digitalparanoid
Also, dialog to come back

Also, dialog to come back later is what I put when it's outside of the vendor "opening times". Figured it would be better than just not showing the merchant dialog option (it's confusing in my opinion - you never know if it's a bug or not done).

I can change the dialog to make it more clear. Also, for sugar lips, maybe her hours are not set correctly (is she 24x7 ?)

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
As for the "store is closed"

As for the "store is closed" dialog, I like it. I think that helps if you can't remember if this is a shop person or not. Alright, most stores are obvious but not in her case or in any other building with multiple people. So I think this works well.

I'll look through the .9.2 quest dialogs as well. I had figured the option to join was now either buried under another dialog or maybe I wasn't "worthy" but TES3 has dialogs where they say you don't have the skills to join. I don't remember actually implementing that dialog when I built out the MG, IC, or TG quest. But they are in the dialog file to be used.

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
Okay, I had tried to stay out

Okay, I had tried to stay out of the MDQ dialog since I know you are reorganizing this huge pile of threads. But I went digging. Here is what I am seeing. Caius tells you about the MG and that should set a global variable. But this is the script chunk I have:

;morrowDefaultQuest.TopicFightersGuild = 1

So I see where you are setting up the topics so they will now appear in the proper place. But if it is commented out, that won't trigger. Also this is in his thread about the mages, not about the fighters.

Now, FireEye gives me a "You want to join" option but only if TopicFightersGuild is > 0 which it won't be based on that one dialog from Casius. So I need to keep digging to find the magic dialog thread which sets that variable for each guild.

digitalparanoid
I just realized I didn't

I just realized I didn't package the right version of morroDefaultQuestScript hence the scripts were not working properly. I will send the link.

The dialogue will really work now.

################################

- The worthiness of joining guilds is not tested at the moment. I had in mind to add a script when you enter a faction location you're not part of to check your skills same way we do for faction advancement (and provided you're not part of a concurrent blocking faction). Need to update a couple of dialogue conditions too. I didn't have the time to do it yet.

In order to get the join the fighters, you need to have morroDefaultQuest.TopicJoinTheFightersGuild variable equals to 1.

To do so, you can check the dialogues for exact wording "join the fighters guild"

- one greeting - was based on rank = 6 which is ... no one (fixed as per attachment)

- ask about fighters guild to some NPCs in the guild hall (but you need to "unlock" that topic too)

- ask first orders to Caius when you're lower than level 4

- ask "Do you have work for me?" (orders) to lvl 6+ members when you're not a member yet

fix:

- greetings is now for lvl 6+ NPC not just lvl 6 (check in balmora guild hall for eydis' first greeting)

- if asking for work to lvl 6+ when not in the fighters guild (this is actually the advancement topic), unlocks join the guild.

- added a few more places where join topics unlock (including a few occurences of "joining the fighters quest")

AttachmentSize
File skywind-fixgjoinfightersguild.7z2.21 KB
digitalparanoid
Please test this + the hotfix

Please test this + the hotfix 9.2.1 and let me know (I tested ok on my side)

TURNER3110LIFE
TURNER3110LIFE's picture
Where is the hot fix i been

Where is the hot fix i been looking all over for it

thegentlemancaller
thegentlemancaller's picture
Please stop clogging up the

Please stop clogging up the forum asking for the hot fix. It's not publicly available at this time.

TURNER3110LIFE
TURNER3110LIFE's picture
look i asked cause i have 0.9

look i asked cause i have 0.9.0.1 you ant got to talk to me like that i ant your age its not publicly available is all that had to be said I'm to old for all that bring it down

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
It has been said multiple

It has been said multiple times here that the latest releases are all private. There are plenty of postings here asking for the next public release. Until then, there are no versions available unless you can contribute to help us finish this project.

TURNER3110LIFE
TURNER3110LIFE's picture
On that note I have been

On that note I have been trying to do that I don't know who to talk to . I use fl studos for my music and sound recording . I use 3d max a on the 3d side you name It I got It , and I am learning coding  because at this moment I am developing my own game, I need to know what's done and what still needs to be done. On this site if that was organized in a list with links to the page with ideas of what is needed.  It would make it easier to  say ok they remade this sword but I got a better one , or they made this shield but not this one o ok so I can do that . There should be a complete chart some where on the main page at least to say hey everyone if you can help heres the categories . Them being links of course like i said , but all this waiting for this one to get on, and all that this could have been done if this was listed in a better organized manner . I know ya'll need help but so does the reader lol . On that note someone let me know what i can do to help thank you and everyone have a nice day .

TURNER3110LIFE
TURNER3110LIFE's picture
On that note I have been

it posted twice so im writing over this one