38 posts / 0 new
Last post
MacGyver
MacGyver's picture
No link for Skywind:(

Hola guys:) Im tracking your progress for ages, and I defenetely seen a download link for Skywind in Download section, and now when I finaly decided to give it a go, the link is gonne:(

When is a stable version coming? Im like deadly desperate:) Deadly desperate about both games- Skywind and Skyblivion! When will we see a working link???

Thnx for great work:)

Edited by: Mace on 09/06/2016 - 11:27 Reason: Old irrelevant thread. Locking.
FlaviusD
FlaviusD's picture
Donor
Skywind and Skyblivion are

Skywind and Skyblivion are nearing a new version, in the mean time you can bide your time with Morroblivion! :D

They'll be out when they're ready (ala Blizzard schedule haha)

tommythegun
tommythegun's picture
Contributor
You will have to keep on

You will have to keep on tracking the progress, as it's hard to tell when the new version will be available. Also - in the future please sure to check other threads before posting. A lot of newcomers are asking the same question right now - and theres an explanation why the link was taken down too. Other then this - welcome! :)

FlaviusD
FlaviusD's picture
Donor
^What tommy said

^What tommy said

MacGyver
MacGyver's picture
I cant play Oblivion any

I cant play Oblivion any more, or anythink that based on Oblivion engine.... I did it like 10 times already:) or more.............................

ThunderbirdSport302
ThunderbirdSport302's picture
I just read that Morrowind is

I just read that Morrowind is being being updated to the standards of Skyrim...and I want to give my sincerest thanks to the folks working to bring us this most awesome of ideas.

I know it sounds like I'm brown-nosing, but I truly mean this...I just played Skyrim a bit ago after *FINALLY!* installing the Dragonborn expansion...seeing Solstheim, Fort Frostmoth destroyed and a smoking Red Mountain made me grab for a couple of kleenexes.

I wondered what it would be like to be able to travel across the Sea of Ghosts and see what Balmora and Vivec looked like after Red Mountain went Pompeii on Vvardenfell....

But this, this will be even better. To relive all the glories of slowly slaying a black-clad assassin seconds after waking up, or doing reps down at the Fighter's Guild basement, but only in better color and much greater detail......

Simply put..I can barely wait. Thank you. so much!

BalmoraGuard
BalmoraGuard's picture
Not to be a pest, but I was

Not to be a pest, but I was also wondering if there was any sense of when the link would be back up. I've similarly been following your progress (for over a year!) and finally took the plunge tonight to buy Morrowind on Steam (lost my original copy ages ago) only to see that the link is no longer there. 

I understand you're all working very hard and I don't mean to be a whiner in the slightest. Just curious when I'll get to dive in! Keep up the great work, guys!

Smitehammer
Smitehammer's picture
Contributor
From what I've heard, maybe a

From what I've heard, maybe a few months the next alpha build will be up?

BalmoraGuard
BalmoraGuard's picture
A few months! Oh no! How will

A few months! Oh no! How will I survive...is there no place to download previous versions?

ZeroSbr
ZeroSbr's picture
Not on this site, no. There

Not on this site, no. There are ways to get it, but they are rather...immoral. Just be patient, and maybe even help out a little in the mean time if you can.

Smitehammer
Smitehammer's picture
Contributor
There's always Morroblivion,

There's always Morroblivion, in the meantime.

Shushine
Shushine's picture
Contributor
If you do decide to find it

If you do decide to find it off the site have fun playing a buggy as hell game, just don't come back here and complain about them. 

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Why do people tell them they

Why do people tell them they can still get it but shouldn't? Just say that it's unavailable for download. I mean seriously, that's only going to make them want it more.

bladeandbone
bladeandbone's picture
Here is the link to the

Here is the link to the latest Skywind Version Assets

Oops I am not supposed to post that.

Here is the link to the latest Skywind Installer.

Oops I am not supposed to post that one either.

aretea
aretea's picture
You know, there is a reason

You know, there is a reason these files are not available to the public anymore. This would not be good for your karma...

Ravanna
Ravanna's picture
Contributor
Donor
if you're going to post it

if you're going to post it against our wishes, as least do it in a private message

Tajnarasha
Tajnarasha's picture
bladeandbone

bladeandbone

Please be respectful of the team's wishes to not share the mod with the public yet. We are not keeping the files away out of mistrust or some misguided intent, but simply because the mod isn't in a complete nor playable state at the moment. There are many people working tirelessly to give everyone an experience worthy of remembering, and worthy of the Morrowind name - do not squander on multiple artists' effort by going against their explicit directives to share these files. Be considerate and support our effort by removing these links. 

Thank you for you patience and consideration. 

Smerk
Smerk's picture
Guess what blade you have

Guess what blade your really not going to make eloth happy and this ^

bladeandbone
bladeandbone's picture
Dude they are available. If I

Dude they are available. If I can find them and use them then they are still out there. They only removed them from this site. I was like MacGyver. I wanted to see the game for myself. So I did a google search on the subject and easily found two good solid safe links to the project. If the moderators want to really take down the links then they should remove them from all sources and I don't care about the Karma thing. That is the most ridiculous part of it all.

bladeandbone
bladeandbone's picture
5 Years from now Skywind will

5 Years from now Skywind will be just a memory as will all the Elder Scrolls games. I have to wonder why is so much work going into a video game when we have a world in crisis. Video games don't matter. Our planet and the condition of it in every aspect is going downhill fast. We need to shift our focus on making the world a better safer place to live instead of playing video games. Games come and go but our world goes on and right now we are in serious trouble and for folks to put all their lock and stock into a video game when we have a world in crisis is just wrong.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Yeah, don't feel so bad, I

Yeah, don't feel so bad, I hate the karma thing too. Personally I never really liked removing the links either, it made us out as elitist. The reason they were removed was because, well, when we had that huge influx, we didn't want to give a false impression of the project. You download it, and get some shitty alpha build, and it pretty much looks nothing like the videos.

Plus some people disliked the fact that some people were LPing Skywind. Which I find is just stupid. Who the hell LPs a game in alpha, without working navmesh, missing enemies, missing quests, and other shit.

When all the clothes and shit are done, we'll have a new Skywind build, it'll be hosted on the site's FTP server, so it'll have a way better method of downloading. No more Bayfiles, lols. We really do wanna just wow people with the next Skywind release.

Tajnarasha
Tajnarasha's picture
The fact of whether or not

The fact of whether or not the files are available elsewhere doesn't change the fact that the devs have given clear information of their stance on this matter. If you wish to share these files with someone, please do it in a respectful manner and don't post it on the forum. What you are doing right now goes against what the team wishes to present to the community, and that is just not cool. 

Shushine
Shushine's picture
Contributor
bladeandbone wrote:

bladeandbone wrote:

Dude they are available. If I can find them and use them then they are still out there. They only removed them from this site. I was like MacGyver. I wanted to see the game for myself. So I did a google search on the subject and easily found two good solid safe links to the project. 

Alright dude, imo I really don't care if someone wants to play the game and if they find a mirror of the download so be it. Though I would like you to remove the links from your former post, we can't stop you from using and sharing the link on other outlets but if you could not post this on this site that would be nice . But once again i don't really care what you do with theses sources just don't put them up here. 

Shushine
Shushine's picture
Contributor
bladeandbone wrote:

bladeandbone wrote:

5 Years from now Skywind will be just a memory as will all the Elder Scrolls games. I have to wonder why is so much work going into a video game when we have a world in crisis. Video games don't matter. Our planet and the condition of it in every aspect is going downhill fast. We need to shift our focus on making the world a better safer place to live instead of playing video games. Games come and go but our world goes on and right now we are in serious trouble and for folks to put all their lock and stock into a video game when we have a world in crisis is just wrong.

Excuse my language, but why the hell are you on a videogame website if you're so worried. 

bladeandbone
bladeandbone's picture
Alright folks the links are

The links are gone. You can stop badgering me about it now. I love psychology and how people react in different ways to different things. You want to know the truth about why I posted them. I wanted to see what would happen. A psychological test. I do it all the time. Can't help it. It is a part of who I am. Anyways I really hit a nerve with this one but it is over now the links are gone we can get back to normal.

Shushine
Shushine's picture
Contributor
bladeandbone wrote:

bladeandbone wrote:

Alright folks the links are gone. You can stop badgering me about it now.

Thanks mate 

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
bladeandbone wrote:

bladeandbone wrote:

The links are gone. You can stop badgering me about it now. I love psychology and how people react in different ways to different things. You want to know the truth about why I posted them. I wanted to see what would happen. A psychological test. I do it all the time. Can't help it. It is a part of who I am. Anyways I really hit a nerve with this one but it is over now the links are gone we can get back to normal.

Ahhh, that makes sense now - from that comment, we can tell he's a troll! Hahaha good one man, you had us all fooled!

EnvyDeveloper
EnvyDeveloper's picture
I have the latest public

I have the latest public release and I have to say that it's better to wait for the newer version than download an alpha release which is not on this site.

We have a snowy Vivec, naked NPCs and them saying that my character is naked even though she's fully dressed :p

Guji
Guji's picture
EnvyDeveloper wrote:

EnvyDeveloper wrote:

We have a snowy Vivec, naked NPCs and them saying that my character is naked even though she's fully dressed :p

THAT'S the only reason one would want to play it RIGHT NOW!

Seriously though, personally I prefer to wait for the final release then to spoil my fun with an unfinished product.

ZeroSbr
ZeroSbr's picture
Blade, just stop. I get where

Blade, just stop. I get where you're coming from, what with the "we need to focus more on making the world a better place and not video games", but why would you post that on a site that revolves around gaming? If you wanted to post this on your own blog or maybe a site that supports your opinion fine, but what you are doing is considered trolling (as LASentry said).

And still, I think games and other forms of art should always be somewhat of a priority. They help make this world not seem so bad, they help us enjoy life a little more. Art always counts for something.

I personally dislike the karma system. I don't think that our posts should be out there to be marked up or down at any fools' whim. This makes it so that certain ideas will go unchallenged, if people are too afraid to argue for fear of their karma being reduced.

Guji
Guji's picture
I still don't get the Karma

I still don't get the Karma system. Maybe because I'm unable to click the thumbs (yet?). I'm going to just ignore this feature.

And yes, feed the world then play the games. What then? Burn the cities coz' them take the space from the forests? I'd rather stick to gaming. Playing games make me happy, and when I'm happy only then I may think about making the world a better place. Anyway, games make this world better for some and worse hardly for anyone...

alysander
alysander's picture
Playing games make me happy,

Playing games make me happy, and when I'm happy IT REDUCES DEFORESTATION.
If you will feed the world then IT INCREASES DEFORESTATION.

Shushine
Shushine's picture
Contributor
Can we close this topic 

Can we close this topic 

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Yes, please lock the thread.

Yes, please lock the thread.

asm1990
asm1990's picture
i did manage to find the 0.9

i did manage to find the 0.9.0.1 download file for skywind and im fairly enjoying it even though its an old version but hey im waiting patiently for either the next public alpha or the full game/mod to be released ..i know for sure im going to love skywind when its completely finished since i have been an elder scrolls fan since i was around 7 years old and im 21 now :D and to be honest i wish i was good enough at modding to help out the team with skywind development. Im verry thankfull for the skywind dev team for putting so much work into skywind . i will continue to be patient for as long as it takes for skywind to be completed :) again thank you 

225sam
225sam's picture
What is the latest version? I

What is the latest version? I already ave one from 2? months ago for cluttering, I got locked out of my account so I am behind. 0.9.4.5 is what I have. also for those of you who dont know, we took down the link because people tried to play test the game and the forum cluttered up with "WHY IS EVERYONE NAKED?!?!?!?!?"

Nordwin
Nordwin's picture
Latest version is 0.9.5 and

Latest version is 0.9.5 and there are also updates for 0.9.4.7 and 0.9.4.8...

Yeah afaik there is no link, because the game is not in beta-stage so far. I guess there will be a link up in some time. Just be patient - it will be more fun to play the game, once the devs think it is ready to be played.

EDIT: Oh I just see that there already are lots of answers...

nicotinecaffeine
nicotinecaffeine's picture
bladeandbone wrote:

bladeandbone wrote:

And even if you wanted to troll/make psycho tests or whatsoever, considering that in real world we haven't a creation kit.exe, well, i guess this comment is useful as whining about the release date.

Topic locked