LASentry's picture
Donor
Try running it as

Try running it as administrator. 

Dark Kobra
Dark Kobra's picture
Windows 7 Ultimate

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Morrowind GOTY Edition, Steam Version 1.6.1820.

Steam installed to G: drive.

Thanks!

RenfrewFerry
RenfrewFerry's picture
Windows 7 Home Premium 32

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit

Steam Morowind GOTY in c:program files/steam/steamapps/common/Morrowind

tried running SkywindInstaller0901.exe as Admin both from rightclick on desktop and from startmenu

Thanks

Volpro
Volpro's picture
ArchieVision wrote: If you

ArchieVision wrote:

If you are getting the Error about not having Morrowind installed,please post it here.

We will need the version of Morrowind you are using, whether it is the Steam version. Also we will need you operating system, and whether it is 32 or 64 bit. 

This will give us a direction to go with when troubleshooting. 

Thank you. 

Morrowind GOTY steam version.

Windows 7 32 bit.

Steam is installed on a SATA hard drive called C: while my games are installed on a second hard drive called D:

thinzad
thinzad's picture
Just as FYI:  the installer

Just as FYI:  the installer gets confused if you have the Morrowind Code Project enabled, I assume because it modifies the morrowind.exe file.  Renaming my copy (or checking file integrity on Steam) reinstalled the original file and the installer was happy again.

Chris McCallum
Chris McCallum's picture
I fixed this issue on Windows

I fixed this issue on Windows 7 32bit OS and Steam Morrowind by setting the Morrowind.exe and the MorrowindLauncher.exe to run as an administrator. You right click them one at a time and under compatibility at the bottom is a check box for run as administrator. Check that box on both files. Morrowind will still run as usual but doing this fixes the registry keys and allows the Skywind Installer to work with Windows 7 32bit OS. I hope that helps. It worked for me.

ambion
ambion's picture
Maybe you've noticed this
Maybe you've noticed this already, maybe it's not useful, but I downloaded the alpha version from piratebay. The game (what I have of it) runs fine, occasional CTD but my Skyrim is decently modded. Anyhow, when I moved my level 70-something character over then fast travelled, my follower came with. My follower cannot navigate the landscape, gets stuck and so on. Not sure if you're bringing followers into Skywind but if you are, you may need to take a look at that.
marsher
marsher's picture
ambion wrote:Maybe you've

ambion wrote:

Maybe you've noticed this already, maybe it's not useful, but I downloaded the alpha version from piratebay. The game (what I have of it) runs fine, occasional CTD but my Skyrim is decently modded. Anyhow, when I moved my level 70-something character over then fast travelled, my follower came with. My follower cannot navigate the landscape, gets stuck and so on. Not sure if you're bringing followers into Skywind but if you are, you may need to take a look at that.

thats a feature. we wanted followers to be as shitty as they were in morrowind

aretea
aretea's picture
thats a feature. we wanted

thats a feature. we wanted followers to be as shitty as they were in morrowind

Ha That gave me a laugh.

My follower cannot navigate the landscape, gets stuck and so on. Not sure if you're bringing followers into Skywind but if you are, you may need to take a look at that.

I'm not sure what version you have downloaded, but most of the landscapes are Navmeshed in recent developer version. (As far as I know). 

Pages