10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
Donor
Skywind Performance Tweak

Ive been getting allot of questions on YouTube and Ive seen similar questions and complains in the chat.

Allot of people have performance issues and that is normal, you wont get the same performance as in Skyrim and we are well aware of that. 
I could go over the details about why ur getting less fps but what I really care about is providing you guys with a temporary fix.

On my old PC I had the same issue and this gave me a boost of around  15 fps.

when in-game click on the console key (~) then type in ''tg'', this will disable all grass in the environment and should give you some extra fps to work with :) \

I hope that this helps you guys out and I thought that it was a good temporarily fix.

You can use this in Skyrim too btw if you have performance issues but you dont wanna play on lower graphics.

If you have similar fixes please post them below so that you can help your fellow Skywind fans out.

Happy Holidays,

~Kyle

Edited by: Rebelzize on 03/14/2015 - 08:49
Jobe wan kenobi
Jobe wan kenobi's picture
Hmm that is a great tip. I

Hmm that is a great tip. I might use that so I can hopefully use some higher settings on Skywind :)

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Oh yeah lol, that's an oldy

Oh yeah lol, that's an oldy :P It's the grass that we need to cover up those ugly textures though.

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
Donor
true that but when it comes

true that but when it comes to playing the game with 50 or with 60 fps its an easy winner in my eyes x D

3AMt
3AMt's picture
Honestly I have a lot more

Honestly I have a lot more FPS and much better performance in Skywind than in Skyrim.

Fast_Hand_Jack
Fast_Hand_Jack's picture
Hello everyone! I am very

Hello everyone!

I am very green to modding and would like to help. The quests/npc's in Skywind look mostly filled up and I'm waiting for the new version of Skyblivion to be released so i can help with quests and npc's. anything i can do to prepare myself or ready myself? Or anything i can help out with in quests/npc's department?

DIYDeath
DIYDeath's picture
Or alternately, set your

Or alternately, set your grass size to a higher value so you have thicker grass, which in turn lowers the strain on your GPU/CPU as there's technically less grass to shade and shadow, even though the grass is bigger. Surface area, yo, surface area.

DIYDeath
DIYDeath's picture
Or alternately, set your

Or alternately, set your grass size to a higher value so you have thicker grass, which in turn lowers the strain on your GPU/CPU as there's technically less grass to shade and shadow, even though the grass is bigger. Surface area, yo, surface area.

DIYDeath
DIYDeath's picture
Site giving error msgs, lead

Site giving error msgs, lead to triple post. Yay for IE11 being total ****.

Drakonman
Drakonman's picture
Skyrim Configuration tool.

Skyrim Configuration tool. Turn the the grass as far right as possible. Ull have a lot less grass resulting in way better FPS without much Quality loss. 

Also turn off Grass shadows and Shaders and landscape shadows.