21 posts / 0 new
Last post
iceflame542
iceflame542's picture
Contributor
[RELz] Usable Tanning Racks

Update 3: I'm back, and uploaded a the full file here:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1AAbtK1zezEcE5iQ0xLYW05MXc/...

Update 2: Just realized that the file doesn't include the meshes used, I will update this with them as soon as I can. I will not be around for 2 days, but surely the next version will take longer than that, so it will be included.

Update: Completed with the help of Eloth, who merged the marker to the original mesh, and helped resolve a multitude of crashing issues. There is no recipes yet, however, that will be saved for another esp due to the fact that there is no smithing component yet, only tanning.

Original post:

After exploring in the ck to see what needs to be worked on, I noticed that the Tanning Racks in Ashlander camps are not usable. Although, Morrowind's tanning racks are somewhat larger and unique looking from skyrim's, and scaling up skyrim's tanning rack model would result in the player becoming larger when using it. So I have created an invisible tanning rack model and placed them along the morrowind tanning racks. So far this only edits cell 23,33. I will upload this once I add this to all of the tanning racks.

Edited by: iceflame542 on 08/27/2013 - 14:46
stijmunkey
stijmunkey's picture
Contributor
Donor
^^ awesome!!

^^ awesome!!

iceflame542
iceflame542's picture
Contributor
Thanks, should I add some

Thanks, should I add some recipes that use Skywind ingredients? Like Netch Leather, Leather strips, armor, etc?

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
Nice job! Recipes would be

Nice job! Recipes would be great indeed. Maybe you can propose them on this thread so that people can evaluate if they're balanced ?

Kaleido
Kaleido's picture
This is 1: an amazing idea

This is 1: an amazing idea and I'm beyond glad that you did it! and 2:absolutely try adding recipes that use ingredients from the new game!

I would say post some ideas or a list of overall ingredients you 'could' use at one of these and maybe some of you OWN ideas of what ingredients and number there of, could create what items!
Keep it up!~<3

iceflame542
iceflame542's picture
Contributor
Sure, How about 1 Netch

Sure, How about 1 Netch leather = 4 Leather strips?

Also, to make Netch leather armor, should it just use the leather itself and leather strips or should it have to be refined in some way at a tanning rack like the hides do in vanilla Skyrim? I could make a tanned/cured netch leather object that looks like the normal leather object but with a unique name/id. And I'm assuming that at some point the morrowind ingredients that are in both Morrowind and Skyrim will take on the Skyrim/Dragonborn models for them, right (Like Moonsugar, vampire dust, Netch Leather, etc)?

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Ohhhhh, so that's what those

Ohhhhh, so that's what those things are lols. Anyway, ugh, balance, that's the one thing I really don't enjoy discussing.

iceflame542
iceflame542's picture
Contributor
Some more: Guar Hide = 1

Some more:

Guar Hide = 1 Leather (Skyrim Leather, or do I need to duplicate it with a 0 before its editor id)?

And Solsthiem wolf/bear pelt to leather.

Kaleido
Kaleido's picture
Sadly Im headed off to work

Sadly Im headed off to work for a few hours Iceflame... I will definitely give a ton more feedback tonight but as for right now I don't know where I lean on refining the leather. Talk tonight!

iceflame542
iceflame542's picture
Contributor
Alright, Thanks. By the way,

Alright, Thanks. By the way, Does anyone know if I can just work on the camp that I set up the tanning racks in and the nearby egg mine? The cell is in the OP, and it doesn't seem to be claimed yet, but I'm not sure how the claiming system works, since the spreadsheet isn't open to be altered.

Kaleido
Kaleido's picture
So I was thinking... about

So I was thinking... about the Netch leather. I think that any armor piece it is specifically related to, say a... "Netch Helmet",
you need raw, Unaltered Netch Leather to form.
Or a version of Netch Leather like... "Refined Netch Leather" for smithing purposes.

I say this because if you can turn Netch Leather into just Skyrim's "Leather" then inherently... we'd be allowing people who kill wolves etc, to make Netch armor out of animal hides.

Feels a bit Lore Breaking. So forcing the player to refine the Netch leather or turn it into leather strips is perfectly alright!

But any armor piece should require something "Netch" exclusive.

bluesausage
bluesausage's picture
well you could treat the

well you could treat the refined netch leather just like normal leather, just with a different ID so you have to use it specifically. and I think Tanned Netch leather sounds better. Or Treated Netch leather. Refined sounds better for metal things.

Kaleido
Kaleido's picture
I agree, I was just at a lack

I agree, I was just at a lack of words. I don't mind Netch leather being used for plain ol' Leather Armor I supposed.

As Long as some form of Treated or Tanned Netch Leather is the only item that can create "Netch forged materials".

iceflame542
iceflame542's picture
Contributor
I think it would be better if

I think it would be better if Netch leather was more unique, since it already has it's own armor set. Also, the reason for having a tanned or cured Netch leather object is so that you bring it to a tanning rack instead of straight to a forge, to make the armor like how you do with hides in Skyrim.

no1
no1's picture
i like u use the

i like u use the origenel tanning racks out of morrowind and not copy the skyrim 1

iceflame542
iceflame542's picture
Contributor
Yeah, I think the Skyrim ones

Yeah, I think the Skyrim ones don't really fit the Ashlander feel.

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
But the Skyrim one should be

But the Skyrim one should be fine for in towns. Great job on this idea of using an invisible rack.

no1
no1's picture
SBB64 wrote: But the Skyrim

SBB64 wrote:

But the Skyrim one should be fine for in towns. Great job on this idea of using an invisible rack.

i think it would stand out a lot because the are not morrowind style like the skyim 1 got a fury skin on it and the morrowind a reptile skin what fits the climate and creatures found seeing that morrowind doesn't really have fury animals  just saying

it would be cool to see the same whit the smelter, anvil ,alchemy and enchant tabel

i think there are original anvil and smelter in morrowind not working afcourse  but i dont knowe about the alchemy and enchanting tabel

iceflame542
iceflame542's picture
Contributor
As a compromise, the guar

As a compromise, the guar hide texture used on the ashlander tanning racks could be applied to the skyrim tanning racks for the more civilized areas, or we could just stick with these ones.

stijmunkey
stijmunkey's picture
Contributor
Donor
i do like the idea of smaller

i do like the idea of smaller ones in town, they will fit better, different texture than skyrim ones would be a good idea though

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
This has been merged in

This has been merged in 0.8.2!