Pages

194 posts / 0 new
Last post
digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
@orgint  Since skywind.esm is

@orgint  Since skywind.esm is dependent on skyrim, I suppose it was loaded in the CK even if you didn't tick the checkbox. Once it is loaded, you can reopen the loading window and verify if it's been ticked for you

@Tarym as Robot Revolution mentioned, everything is here :)

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Tarym wrote: Hey guys im just

Tarym wrote:

Hey guys im just a random guy who want to help on this epic project. Im quite new to modding though. 

so question: are the npcs already in the skywind.esm and we only have to edit their faces, or do they not exist yet and we need to create a new npc entry+face gen

Npcs are already there, they just need new faces. Just use the spreadsheet to find a few npcs that you wanna do that already aren't claimed, and add your name to it.
NotMarki
NotMarki's picture
So alot of these don't have a

So alot of these don't have a page on the morrowind wiki so are we just making nice faces for them?

also can i edit many in one plugin?

Machine
Machine's picture
Yes, you have as many as you

Yes, you have as many as you want in one plugin. If there is no picture in the wiki they are probably not so important. You can design their face however you wish. Just make sure their race is correct before you do.

NotMarki
NotMarki's picture
geez got through 3 characters

geez got through 3 characters then it went into program not responding and closed.. is this a common CK bug? happens after about 30mins without fail gonna save every char now just in case

orgint
orgint's picture
@NotMarki Yeah, from what

@NotMarki

Yeah, from what I gather everyone working on faces who comes across a non-important NPC (no pic on the wiki) is taking some creative license, with the caveat that you should check their class on the wiki and try to capture the feel of their class/geographic area as best as possible. So, a peasant probably won't be tatted up, they might have a rough complexion, etc.

And, I would save every character, or at least try to. That said, I've gotten through about 60 now without a crash, and had the editor up all yesterday and this afternoon. Not sure what causes the crashes, it seems pretty random.

@digitalparanoid thanks, I didn't know I could check it like that. It was checked, even though I didn't manually check it.

orgint
orgint's picture
Also, I don't know if anyone

Also, I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but for some reason EVERY female Dark Elf in the game automatically has 12LeftGash under additional headparts. I've been removing them, since I figure we don't want every female Dunmer to have the left side of their face all cut up, but just in case anyone else hasn't caught that...

NotMarki
NotMarki's picture
how do i double check a race?

how do i double check a race? and class? are they listed somewhere on the wiki if they don't have a picture?

Another problem is I am actually new to Morrowind so I do not know the areas.. I am actually contributing to this so one day I can do my first playthrough on the Skyrim engine lol.. exciting but unfortunately I don't know the characters and areas.

So for instance just now I got an unimportant dark elf male.. I gave him a nice beard and put a tattoo on his face, worked hard on making him look unique.

fun thing on trying to be themed though, I had a dead elf NPC and in his picture he is face down, so I gave him a dirty face lol

edit:

just noticed the scar thing you mentioned, deleted it.. talking about that, is there no way in this gen window to add new scars? i am new to CK.. also, there is only one default face so you really have to work hard to make them unique are there no presets like in game?

Robot Revolution
Robot Revolution's picture
Scars are under

Scars are under character>HeadPart and start with "marks". Drag them into the additional head parts window under Character Gen Parts.

And yes, making them unique is really tough. Just try changing everything you can, or have a specific look in mind for each one, and go for that.

NotMarki
NotMarki's picture
Thankyou.. just finished my

Thankyou.. just finished my first Khajit, proud of him, looks great, kinda hard to make them look like the originals cos they are so different now but i got the colouration down :)

there's too many Dunmer! i know i know it's morrowind but there's too many! lol

Machine
Machine's picture
All morrowind npcs in the

All morrowind npcs in the game should be listed here http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page

Just use the search box and put the npc name in there. Many npcs don't have pics in the wiki. But their race and class will be listed.

Robot Revolution
Y SO MUCH DARK ELFS

Okay, here's a little over half the N's.

http://www.mediafire.com/?t8hedtmeg3szfkv

Is a little diversity too much to ask? ;(

orgint
orgint's picture
Yeah, Machine pretty much

Yeah, Machine pretty much covered it. When I take a name off the spread, I simply copy the name, delete the 0 at the beginning and the S in the middle, and search for the name on the wiki. If it has a profile, it will come up. If not, the character will be listed in a list of all the NPCs in an area (ie. in Vivec St. Olms, Alydine Arenum is a Dunmer whose class is a Pauper).

And yeah, lol, out of 60 NPCs I've done, I have completed about 56 Dunmer and maybe four others!

NotMarki
NotMarki's picture
Okay here are my first 11..

Okay here are my first 11.. included is a file with the names i have done.. not entirely necessary but i did it lol

http://www.mediafire.com/?da2wjti01qx83i0

edit:

and yea of the 11 only 2 are not Dunmer lol

Robot Revolution
Two noobish questions...

I'll probably feel stupid later for asking this, but why do so many NPC's have the IsCharGen Face Preset checked? 0.o

And 2nd question, why are some actors not in the list for npc's to be edited? Are they already done or something? New-Shoes whatshisface (wood elf) and nanine(redguard) , to name two, aren't on the list. Anyone know why? :P 

NotMarki
NotMarki's picture
As we are questioning I may

As we are questioning I may aswell add.. I haven't managed to get scars working on Dunmer's but they work just fine on Khajit.

Also just playing round i found the khajit earrings and obviously they float above the heads of Dunmer, is there anyway to move them and position them on the ears of the Dunmer or is that high level stuff? just because as people have said, some of these NPCs have piercings

edit:

done for the night. tomorrow.. more Dunmer and maybe the occasional khajit? maybe! lol

Robot Revolution
As for the scars, you have to

As for the scars, you have to go into full preview to see them, which is a pain. That's why I skip on most scars lol.

As far as khajiiti go, I haven't edited a single one yet, i'm on my 40th Delf, and i've done one highelf. However, I do know of a skyrim armor that has earrings, Seadog Armor, so it can't be hard to make them.

We just need a modder who's willing to make a bunch of rings and piercings for regular humanoids.

After looking at those piercings, I think one would only need to open the mesh in nifskope and move it a bit. 

NotMarki
NotMarki's picture
I used to mod for FFXI and

I used to mod for FFXI and have made jewellry before in 3d modelling software but it was years ago.. maybe i will try and get back into 3d modelling and make earrings. It can't be as hard as the FFXI software which was all in japanese or crudely translated lol

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Thousands of NPCs have

Thousands of NPCs have already been done.......

http://morroblivion.com/forums/conversion-to-skyrim/conversi...

This is why most of the NPCs you guys are doing are Dark Elves :)

Tarym
Tarym's picture
ight

Here are some npcs in the L section http://www.mediafire.com/?8ycd13lw6cbk924

Josie
Josie's picture
Suade wrote:Josie

Suade wrote:

Josie wrote:

Here's a few dark elf males I've done. I'm sorry I messed up a little with the file saving, but they should be somehow contained in these.. >___<

http://www.mediafire.com/?c9ep1w25a8ot20n

http://www.mediafire.com/?nggz8aaf89tm7a6

http://www.mediafire.com/?k2pzzc9tq6uh52i

They're from Talis Drurel to Taren Andoren (There's A LOT dark elf males beginning with the letter T...)

I know that's only very few but they're impeccably done XD Anyway I realized that I much rather work on the females, so I'll reserve a few from the list.

Hey Josie,

I installed your esps, and unfortunately they crash my game :( I've tried all 3, and every single combination of only 2 activated or only 1, and each time they crashed my game :( Dunno why, just thought I'd let people know if the same happens to them!

Ugh, oh no! I wonder why that happened though...Any idea what I did wrong? Such a shame though, caus I worked hard on them, so I'd prefer to try to correct the files somehow but I don't know if that's possible..?

ED// In fact, before I make any more, try if this file works. It's some females I reserved from the list.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bna55awsm58aamr

Mehh
Mehh's picture
The reason they're crashing

The reason they're crashing you is because they're using Morrowind_sk.esm as a master.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
The new master is

The new master is Skywind.esm,the old morrowind_sk.esm is now obsolete and has been for a long time now.

All esp`s must only be dependent on Skywind.esm and Skyrim.esm.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
How do you even have

How do you even have Morrowind_sk.esm anymore?  We got rid of that months ago.

orgint
orgint's picture
I am hoping I did this

I am hoping I did this correctly and everything works. This should be every F character, 100 total: http://www.mediafire.com/?aad7o6p2zuzzw1g

​Let me know!

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Wow, that was fast!  Awesome

Wow, that was fast!  Awesome work!

Robot Revolution
Here's your dark elves!

Every single N, in this convenient file! :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?zcflfikhjazf706

Robot Revolution
N-Z Orcs

Voila!

http://www.mediafire.com/?lucllhrbacn5olx

All the Orcs, N through Z. Imma go by race, do all the orcs and altmers. I'll have A-N up in a jiffy.

Robot Revolution
Aaand

Here's the rest of the orcs, (G-N), each made with a little love and a lot of efficiency. 

http://www.mediafire.com/?leap96h0hhd4mak

Machine
Machine's picture
If we have a plugin with npcs

If we have a plugin with npcs that's still dependent on morrowind_sk, I should be able to salvage it. I will work on merging all the npc work tonight.

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
Thanks a lot to all the

Thanks a lot to all the people who worked recently on this ! Greatly appreciated.

NotMarki
NotMarki's picture
it's quite addicting.. i've

it's quite addicting.. i've done an 11 hour shift at work and now i am back doing this lol

Creator-T
Creator-T's picture
Khajiits
NotMarki
NotMarki's picture
what causes the beards to do

what causes the beards to do this? i have limited myself to a few beards because of this.. does it fix in game?

edit:

sorry the link broke.. they clip on the chin of dunmer.. so for instance the 5 o clock shadow type beard will come down the sideburns normally and then clip around the chin leaving it completely clean but will go around the neck and up the other side

Robot Revolution
Lol...

Same bug here, It doesn't look like that in game, I've checked. Talos knows why it does that, but don't worry about it. :D

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Yeah, sometimes the CK is

Yeah, sometimes the CK is odd, just try loading up an Argonian face.

orgint
orgint's picture
Here is the remaining few E

Here is the remaining few E characters that had not been done, and all of H that hadn't been done, 49 in total, if I counted correctly.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7hok8d5o27l5acp

As a side note, it was pretty awesome that I got to do Sugar-Lips Habasi! She was always one of the first characters I sought out when reaching Balmora. I figured she would have been done already, lol, but it is unimaginably hard to do Khajiit faces. They require a lot more care than human faces, and I still feel like it's hard to get them just right.

NotMarki
NotMarki's picture
awwe you did the e's i

awwe you did the e's i started them last night but creation kit went unresponsive and then i crashed (11hr shift) so i deleted my reservations lol

good job, i hope i still get a mention after you've done most of them lol

edit:

correction! its the g's i started and they're still there woop woop.. will crack on with them tonight.. i reserve one by one cos of crashes lol that and i take long on the faces cos i put far too much effort in, but i get to pretend i am a games designer so i am relishing in the opportunity lol

orgint
orgint's picture
lol yeah, no worries, I've

lol yeah, no worries, I've been trying to avoid any NPC on the list that looks as if it has been taken, and I only reserve one at a time as I work on them too.

NotMarki
NotMarki's picture
came across a typo

came across a typo here

0elumabiSmalibiran

NPC real name: elumabi maliiran

I am assuming this won't affect anything at all but thought I would raise it just incase

NotMarki
NotMarki's picture
Here is 261 through 271 and

Here is 261 through 271 and then a few randoms.. i think about 13 faces in this one

http://www.mediafire.com/?7fcbjaycdmbhy5z

i enjoyed this set.. bit of variation in there.. had a breton and an imperial.. mostly dunmer of course lol

orgint
orgint's picture
Hey, not really sure what is

Hey, not really sure what is happening, but the spreadsheet is being changed by someone, like many cells being deleted...

Maybe it's just being cleaned up, now that I look at it, but it scared me at first as I was in the document while it started happening.

Nvm, ignore this post! :)

Machine
Machine's picture
Good job on npcs everyone! I

Good job on npcs everyone! I got all your work merged. Only 700+ faces to go.

Josie, your plugins were using morrowind_sk as the master. Please delete that master and download the skywind.esm here. http://morroblivion.com/forums/skyrim/skywind-mod-releases/3323

Make sure you get the skyrim.esm (slim version) as you will need it to load both masters in the CK without array errors. (Our master file is too big for the CK to handle both skyrim and skywind)

Make sure you back up your original skyrim.esm before you overwrite it. You will have to swap them back and forth between playing the game and modding skywind plugins.

On another note, you don't have to edit anything else on the npc besides their faces. We'll do Phase 2 on npc's later.

Machine
Machine's picture
NotMarki, thats just the

NotMarki, thats just the editorID of the NPC. Many editorID's in morrowind were misspelled. As long as the name is displayed right, that's all that matters. Please don't edit the editorID, as it's a way to proof-check morrowind's editorID's for comparison.

airwoff88
airwoff88's picture
I hope i did this rightcan

*update*

I am going to re-post this a face...

NotMarki
NotMarki's picture
Thanks Machine, don't worry

Thanks Machine, don't worry haven't editted it just wanted to check it was okay :)

edit:

further to my question on beards.. do they ALL work.. there are some that don't clip but look very strange, do they clean up in game

further edit (to avoid multi posts):

I am noticing alot of reused faces.. for instance i am editting the grandmaster of the Morag Tong atm:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Eno_Hlaalu

and a few minutes ago i editted a dunmer monk:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Endryn_Llethan

i'm keeping true to the faces but there's going to be alot of repeated faces.. can we add facial hair at least? as much of morrowind seems to be well groomed

NotMarki
NotMarki's picture
faces 2 through
zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Morrowind uses different

Morrowind uses different textures for faces, not face morphs like later games. So, considering there are 1000+ npcs and only dozens of faces, the are heavily reused. Just use your imagination on how specific npcs should look like.

orgint
orgint's picture
Yeah, what Zilav said. All

Yeah, what Zilav said. All Morrowind faces were preset. What I've been doing is trying to keep the basic structure of the face the same, but change small things (maybe instead of NoBeard one is Shaved or has a very light beard), maybe they use a different nose that has a similar shape but is slightly different, etc. Maybe I give them slightly lower cheekbones, or maybe a bit of black tint under their eye instead of nothing or a different color, etc. Don't know if that helps, but I've been trying to make them recognizable by maintaining the same basic structure of their face, and altering specifics without doing anything drastic to deal with duplicate face models.

stijmunkey
stijmunkey's picture
Contributor
Donor
you guys are doing great,
you guys are doing great, much more progress than before keep up the fantastic work!

Pages