Pages

194 posts / 0 new
Last post
Machine
Machine's picture
[WIP] Skywind NPC Hub

Hi everyone,

I'm creating this topic in order to get some organization on the conversion and setup of NPC's for Skywind.

As you all know this project is still an undertaking even with all the tools at our disposal. The NPC's are an essential part of morrowind, and since Skyrim is a new game engine, there are just some things we have to do ourselves by hand such as face generation.

Now for those of you that don't know, the NPC's are already in our new Skywind master file, but all their values were setup from a template which means things like their class, factions, items, and spells along with how they look in-game are not setup yet. I will complete everything besides FaceGen, that's where you come in.

Below will be a link to spreadsheet, where you can pick from a list which NPC's you want to work on. Just make sure you fill in the Reserved field so others know not to work on them also.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AneKYijLPljYdEs2UE5DWmIzdGxrZjB4MlhJWGFkNGc#gid=0

Again all I need is FaceGen information. Just open up our newest Skywind.esm in the CK, edit your NPC's, and save the esp and reply here with a link to your esp. 

FACEGEN EXPORTS ARE NOT NEEDED IN YOUR ESP

Facegen exportation will be done after the NPC's are merged into the master.

This thread will be used from now on. The new method works a lot better than the old way, because instead of a single person claiming an entire race or letter, they can just claim as many as they want. You can claim one npc or 200, just mark out the info. So yeah, if you see an npc you really like that hasn't been finished yet, go and claim him/her, finish up his/her face, and post the esp.

Also you only need to edit the face, just the face, that's the only part that needs to manually be done.

Edited by: Machine on 02/08/2013 - 19:58
Suade
Suade's picture
Good idea Machine, so I'm

Good idea Machine, so I'm guessing converting our npc's we did with the old master failed? That means we have to do each npc all over again?? If so, at least all we have to do is facegen.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
No, he's working on the

No, he's working on the conversion right now.  He's almost done in fact.  He's talking about the hundreds of NPCs we never did in the first place.

Jyggalagman
Jyggalagman's picture
I could set up the facegen,

I could set up the facegen, if you don't already have someone doing so that is!

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Jyggalagman also if you are

Jyggalagman also if you are up for the challenge, it would be good to get a handle on NPC clothing. If you're sorting through characters, then it would be good to see if there is a Skyrim equivalent. Better still a modders resource that can make the outfits for each NPC. Obviously will require a fair amount of comparisons and seeking out what is available on the internet.

Jyggalagman
Jyggalagman's picture
I'm up for it, while I'm at

I'm up for it, while I'm at it, should I just add the item to their inventories as they were in Morrowind?

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Um, aren't we using the

Um, aren't we using the clothing from Qwerty's mod? No Skyrim clothing, please!  Besides, we'd have to separate out Skyrim clothing to work with the new system.

I suppose if you find some really good Morrowind-esque clothing made be modders that would be okay though.

Smerk
Smerk's picture
I agree with shadow. You

I agree with shadow. You should really make orginal morrowind cloths because it fills like the same game if your using skyrim equivalent of everything, and it makes the game look cheap. Well to me anyway. Better to do things right then to make a bad product.

Jyggalagman
Jyggalagman's picture
I was referring more to

I was referring more to armors such as Natterforme's Vvardenfell daedric being added to the inventory of Divayth Fyr, (assuming you don't already have a daedric replacement, or you are already using it, OR you wouldn't mind me asking him for permission for you guys to use it) and armors/clothes/weapons/item already integrated into the mod.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
We are already using his.
We are already using his. :) It's just that Alexanderb hasn't gotten around to releasing it. :( Just check the armor thread for what we are using. http://morroblivion.com/forums/skyrim/skywind-development/3423
Jyggalagman
Jyggalagman's picture
I see you have Cryo's Indoril

I see you have Cryo's Indoril armor, you guys are aware that he transferred the project to Natterforme, who has since completed & released it right? O_o

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Bump, this thread will be

Bump, this thread will be used from now on. The new method works a lot better than the old way, because instead of a single person claiming an entire race or letter, they can just claim as many as they want. You can claim one npc or 200, just mark out the info. So yeah, if you see an npc you really like that hasn't been finished yet, go and claim him/her, finish up his/her face, and post the esp.

Also you only need to edit the face, just the face, that's the only part that needs to manually be done.

Machine
Machine's picture
Updated spreadsheet, all

Updated spreadsheet, all npc's with editorID named A-D have been listed. Please work on those, I will finish the list this week.

Sammael, I think you may be the only person working on this, so you don't need to check off the list, not until another person wants to help, then reserving them should be used.

If you want to do a bunch, like a whole letter, just put your name in the reserved field at the first npc, then copy that box, then highlight the rest and paste. Your name should copy into all the other fields.

RammS
RammS's picture
Hi! I'm back to action after

Hi! I'm back to action after 4 months of real life =) 

guys, so all our previous work was for nothing? or no?

Mehh
Mehh's picture
The old work was already

The old npc work was already converted and added to our new master.

Sammael
Sammael's picture
Quick question about

Quick question about converting the NPCs. Should I bother converting the ones that don't exist anywhere in game, or the ones that exist only in test cells? For example Aleri Duro (Female Dunmer) doesn't appear anywhere, scripted or otherwise. 

Mehh
Mehh's picture
When I converted npcs, I just

When I converted npcs, I just left them default, so to answer your question, no, don't bother with them.

Sammael
Sammael's picture
Here are all of the NPCs with

Here are all of the NPCs with names that start with A, as well as all of the Redoran Guards (Ald'Ruhn, Maar Gan and Sarethi Manor).

http://www.mediafire.com/?9zo91q5fsssn091

Machine
Machine's picture
Nice job Sammael. I'll get

Nice job Sammael. I'll get these merged in asap.

Josie
Josie's picture
Here's a few dark elf males

Here's a few dark elf males I've done. I'm sorry I messed up a little with the file saving, but they should be somehow contained in these.. >___<

http://www.mediafire.com/?c9ep1w25a8ot20n

http://www.mediafire.com/?nggz8aaf89tm7a6

http://www.mediafire.com/?k2pzzc9tq6uh52i

They're from Talis Drurel to Taren Andoren (There's A LOT dark elf males beginning with the letter T...)

I know that's only very few but they're impeccably done XD Anyway I realized that I much rather work on the females, so I'll reserve a few from the list.

Josie
Josie's picture
@MachineHey, I'm probably

@Machine

Hey, I'm probably being a noob idiot, but I can't edit the spreadsheet file, it says view only? Am I doing something wrong? Q_Q

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Machine broke his

Machine broke his spreadsheet, and needs fix it lol

Sammael
Sammael's picture
Finished all the way through

Finished all the way through C. I also changed a couple of NPCs that'd already been done since they were listed as Dunmer despite their actor ID tag indicating they should be Bretons (UESP.net also states that this was likely an error by Bethesda).

http://www.mediafire.com/?rg5a568qdp2xuqu

Machine
Machine's picture
Impressive, was just about to

Impressive, was just about to merge A, I'll do these tonight also.

Thank you!

TonyB500
TonyB500's picture
Honestly, I don't see the

Honestly, I don't see the harm in using a few articles of clothing from Skyrim (such as the Belted Tunic; also, the Psijic Robes, which I actually think work for Im-Kilaya). Also, once Dragonborn is released tomorrow there will be a few more outfits that can be used (along with anything else that would work).

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
No clothing from skyrim in

No clothing from skyrim in morrowind, it is another province with different culture in different time.

mycorn
mycorn's picture
Donor
I agree, I really want

I agree, I really want Morrowind to feel exotic when you get off the boat.

Sammael
Sammael's picture
While I agree that the

While I agree that the clothing should feel exotic I don't see any harm in using some of the clothes from Skyrim. It's not like they wouldn't import clothing and other goods from Skyrim and elsewhere. Plus a lot of the clothing from Skyrim is nearly identical (except coming in less parts) to clothing in Morrowind.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Importing with a time

Importing with a time machine?

And no, clothes in vanilla morrowind are completely different.

Trytonlee
Trytonlee's picture
but elder scrolls law states

but elder scrolls lore states that due to prosperous relations between morrowind and skyrim the cultures have continuously influenced one another

but i do believe it ruins immersion but if we retextured the similar looking clothes it would work and we can also use the almost universal roughspun tunic as the basic prisoner armor :)

Sammael
Sammael's picture
Sorry, I didn't mean to

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest we just use clothing out of Skyrim and leave it at that. I just meant that it might save people some hassle to reuse (or at least retexture) clothing that is very similar, like roughspun tunic and trousers as Morrowind's common shirt 1 and common pants 1. Same goes for Skyrim's green robes and Morrowind's common robe 2.

stijmunkey
stijmunkey's picture
Contributor
Donor
So, do you guys want my esp
So, do you guys want my esp with all the new voicetypes for the morrowind npcs?, that way when they are all done someone can set them to their proper voicetypes not all just set to maleeventoned, I'm not sure who to give it to so this seemed like a good place to ask.
Sammael
Sammael's picture
Here's all of the NPCs

Here's all of the NPCs starting with D, as well as all the guards (Hlallu, Duke's, Telvanni, Ordinators, and Imperial). 

http://www.mediafire.com/?6ra09trv9r8t171

Suade
Suade's picture
Josie wrote: Here's a few

Josie wrote:

Here's a few dark elf males I've done. I'm sorry I messed up a little with the file saving, but they should be somehow contained in these.. >___<

http://www.mediafire.com/?c9ep1w25a8ot20n

http://www.mediafire.com/?nggz8aaf89tm7a6

http://www.mediafire.com/?k2pzzc9tq6uh52i

They're from Talis Drurel to Taren Andoren (There's A LOT dark elf males beginning with the letter T...)

I know that's only very few but they're impeccably done XD Anyway I realized that I much rather work on the females, so I'll reserve a few from the list.

Hey Josie,

I installed your esps, and unfortunately they crash my game :( I've tried all 3, and every single combination of only 2 activated or only 1, and each time they crashed my game :( Dunno why, just thought I'd let people know if the same happens to them!

Creator-T
Creator-T's picture
NPC
orgint
orgint's picture
Just wanted to..

Swing by and say hello. This is probably the only way (given my lack of creation kit abilities) I can help with this project. I've just started and done three faces last night. We are trying to make these faces as close to possible as the faces in Morrowind, right? If so, there is probably no way around having to change certain things, such as rings in ears/noses, orange eyes, etc. which are not available in Skyrim?

Mehh
Mehh's picture
As close as possible for the

As close as possible for the important npcs, you know, try to make important npcs at least recognizable within the limitations with the CK. Less important npcs like bandits, random civilians, and such you can do a bit of creative magic with them.

orgint
orgint's picture
Got it

Got it, thanks. Would a good rule of thumb to go by be if they have a page in the Morrowind wiki (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Category:Morrowind-NPCs), then they are important, and otherwise we can take some creative license? 

Sammael
Sammael's picture
That's pretty much what I've

That's pretty much what I've been going by. That being said it'll be hard or impossible to get an exact match in some cases, so I'll try and convey the original character's feel as closely as possible. For example giving a character that is a peasant a rough complexion, possibly with one of the dirt layers added as well.

orgint
orgint's picture
Excellent. That's basically

Excellent. That's basically the model I've been following as well. I check them in the Morrowind wiki to see if they have a picture/profile. If not, I check where they are located and what class they are, and just try to imagine what a peasant or warrior or thief on a farm or some ruins or a cave would look like, etc. Thanks for the feedback!

An ancillary problem, I suppose, but Dark Elves who have orange eyes in the original game, have you all been simply giving them red eyes? I didn't know whether or not to do that, or, with the female dark elves, at least, there is a purple-whitish "unique" option that would differentiate them.

NotMarki
NotMarki's picture
Wanting to join

Hey, so i've seen what you guys have done with morrobilvion and I think it's great and I'd love to be a part of the team that makes Skywind and Skyblivion so I thought I'd start with something light and changing faces seems to be one of the lighter things.. That.. and voice acting. I just have a quick question before I start reading through how to's etc.

Do I need to have Skywind installed or can I just edit these files in the creation kit and send them back? thanks in advance

Mehh
Mehh's picture
You just need Skywind. Go to

You just need Skywind. Go to the spreadsheet, find a few npcs that you would like to edit and add your name to the reserve box. Then you open Skywind.esm and Skyrim.esm in the CK, find the npc you wanna edit, and edit his face.

When you're done editing the npcs you chose, save the esp, and upload it.

NotMarki
NotMarki's picture
thanks

gonna be looking at tutorials for CK too as i have not used it.. used to mod for FFXI, just basic skinning and upscaling to (what we thought back then was) HD.. gotta start somewhere with modding.. i will start here :)

Machine
Machine's picture
You need Skywind.esm and you

You need Skywind.esm and you will also need the Skyrim.esm(slim version) to be able to load both masters into the CK.

NotMarki
NotMarki's picture
slim version? ps. sorry for

slim version?

ps. sorry for cluttering this page.. i am a fast learner lol

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Look at the bottom of the

Look at the bottom of the project release thread OP.  It has info on creating mods in the CK with Skywind and Skyrim .esms

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
You'll find some infos at the

You'll find some infos at the end of the OP here : http://morroblivion.com/forums/skyrim/skywind-mod-releases/3323

It's easier to work in the CK with the slim version of Skyrim.esm

edit: I've been shadowed :)

NotMarki
NotMarki's picture
Okaaay, up and running..Just

Okaaay, up and running..

Just to check I am on the right track could one of you fine Ladies or Gentlemen please just double check this .esp

http://www.mediafire.com/?pxjv3vjp4zvvjvd

i editted 0erisStelas to as close as possible to as i found him here http://images.uesp.net/5/54/MW-npc-Eris_Telas.jpg

noticed the last name was a little off.. anywho couldnt tell if those were tattoos or old style highlights so i didnt add tattoos.

also i just editted him and saved the esp off the main window is that correct?

finally if this is working and not killing your computers i will get to work.. can i edit multiple on the same esp?

edit:

also noticed there is a star next to the name now does that mean i have to do something else and find more tutorials or does that just show it has been editted? thanks

orgint
orgint's picture
slim version

"You need Skywind.esm and you will also need the Skyrim.esm(slim version) to be able to load both masters into the CK."

Question, when I've been doing faces, I've only been using the Skywind master file, and not the Skyrim slim version with it. Just for doing faces, that should work, correct? I haven't had any problems or run into any errors...

@NotMarki The star simply indicates that you have edited the NPC.

Tarym
Tarym's picture
Hey guyss

Hey guys im just a random guy who want to help on this epic project. Im quite new to modding though. 

so question: are the npcs already in the skywind.esm and we only have to edit their faces, or do they not exist yet and we need to create a new npc entry+face gen

Robot Revolution
Robot Revolution's picture
http://www.mediafire.com/?z6t

http://www.mediafire.com/?z6t5v7252ito9v0

Heres some N's, and neloth.. should he have a beard or not? :L

Tarym, the npcs are all in there. just open one up and edit the face. :D

Oh, and, noob question here, why are there so many npc's available for chargen presets? 

Pages