Last post
digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
Ehamloptiran wrote: Completed

Ehamloptiran wrote:

Completed the following quests, attached and ready for testing:

- fbmwEBTradeSpy
- fbmwEBShipment

Awesome ! Will test when I'm back from family trip.

Ehamloptiran wrote:

Was unsure how to handle the following things:

- 2 mercantile skill increase: Changed to AdvanceSkill( "Speechcraft" )
- ModDisposition -10 and ModFight 10: Replaced with nothing for now

Mercantile is indeed mapped to Speechcraft.

The disposition is now mapped to relationship ranks. Basically 20 dispositions points == 1 rank. (default 30 dispo == rank 0). For values like 10, it's basically your call to know if that's worth updating the relationshiprank (depending on context).

Ehamloptiran wrote:

If no-one has any complaints, I would like to take on the following quests:

- fbmwEBInvisible "An Invisible Son"
- fbmwEBUnrequited "For the Love of a Bosmer"
- fbmwTownVivec "Mysterious Killings in Vivec"

No complain from me ! Tracker updated.

digitalparanoid
mspeed101 wrote: Hey, I heard

mspeed101 wrote:

Hey,

I heard about this project awhile back and decided that i should step in and help get this project into beta faster. I'm very excited about this project and i cant wait to see the final product when it eventually makes its way to a final product! With that being said i would like to help out with the quest conversions so that we can get this out of alpha quicker. I'll start out with 1 for the time being and I'll let you know if i can tackle another one once i start. It doesn't matter which quest I work on so you can pick which ever one you feel needs to be worked on first.

Thanks

Hey, do you want to try  fbmwMVMissingCompanion "Divided by Nix Hounds"?

That's totally random from me. If you prefer another one that's free in the tracker, no issue.

mspeed101
mspeed101's picture
Thats fine, ill do that one

Thats fine, ill do that one

mrcling
mrcling's picture
I was just curious about

I was just curious about Story Manager use in some of the Daedric quests I did. I changed the Mephala quest to use it so that it does not need to be Start Game Enabled. Do you feel we should do this with the others of that nature so that we utilize our memory a bit better and not have thirty (random number I picked) different quests that start the game enabled and eat up memory? I'd be willing to do whatever I need to with it since I'm bringing it up.

Ehamloptiran
Ehamloptiran's picture
Donor
mrcling, I was looking into

mrcling, I was looking into doing the same for my quests when you brought it up the first time, I think its an excellent idea and something that we should do.

But I also figured it was more important to get the quests working, then we can go back and set up the Story Manager for all the Start Game enabled quests.

But I am more than happy to go back through the quests I've done and set up the Story Manager if we agree this is the right approach, plus I can look at some of the other Start Game enabled quests already completed if no-one else has time.

digitalparanoid
yes please explore this. I

yes please explore this. I won't have the time until christmas is done ;)

mrcling
mrcling's picture
Will do. I'll browse through

Will do. I'll browse through the completed quests and see which ones are marked that way and make you a list, then I'll probably go through some and start doing it that way. My new ones I finish will use the Story Manager to start as well.

Ehamloptiran
Ehamloptiran's picture
Donor
Just doing some final testing

Just doing some final testing on all the quests assigned to me. Including using the Story Manager for any previously Start Enabled quests I created. Will probably upload everything I have tomorrow for testing by others. In the meantime I figured I would assign myself some more quests as a Christmas present.

A couple of things that I could use some assistance on:

- For the "Invisible Son" quest, I need one of the characters to be invisible and have a Force Greet, but unfortunetly any form of Alpha/Invisibility breaks the Force Greet package. So for now I have just given him a ghostly effect on top of his body as a placeholder than can be replaced at any time, but will need to figure out a work around. I was thinking maybe an invisible outfit or something. Anyone got any ideas?

- For the "For the Love of a Bosmer" quest, as part of your rewards for completing the quest, you have the possibility of getting discounts at one of the characters store or an increase in prices (ModMercantile on the NPC). How would I go about doing this in Skyrim? I plan to look through vanilla Skyrim to see if its been done in there, but if anyone has some info, please let me know.

The following quests I would like to assign myself if nobody else has taken them:

- fbmwMSApologies
- fbmwMSNordBurial
- fbmwVRichTrader
- fbmwVTraderAbondoned
- fbmwVTraderMissed

That should get me through to new years. I will then just continue working my way through Ascadian Isles and West Gash.

digitalparanoid
Awesome. -"Invisible Son" : I

Awesome.

-"Invisible Son" : I dind't know that would break the forcegreet. To me, being ghostly seems a very good workaround. No better idea from me until I get in front of my gaming/modding PC

- "For the Love of a Bosmer" : You can certainly boost the relationship rank (SkywindUtils.incrementRelationshipRankWithPlayer(<yourActor>, rankIncrement). Don't know if that would give you discount. If you there's no such thing in vanilla Skyrim that can help to know how to get a specific discount for a specific vendor, you can probably just increase the player speechcraft as a reward. Should an OK compromise.

- fbmwMSApologies
- fbmwMSNordBurial
- fbmwVRichTrader
- fbmwVTraderAbondoned
- fbmwVTraderMissed

Are all yours now :)

Ehamloptiran
Ehamloptiran's picture
Donor
digitalparanoid wrote: I

digitalparanoid wrote:

I dind't know that would break the forcegreet. To me, being ghostly seems a very good workaround. No better idea from me until I get in front of my gaming/modding PC

I didn't know either, until it wouldn't work, seems like the most unlikely thing to break a package. Did some research, and only found one forum post, but they stated the exact same issue, SetAlpha/SetActorValue( "Invisibility" ) breaks Force Greet packages since the latest patch. Invisibility spell effects don't break the Force Greet, but he comes out of Invisibility to speak to you, and there seems to be no way to force him to stay invisible, and all other ghostly effect use one or both of the functions I stated above. The Ghostly effect I have put on him is just the bluish glow they have, no see through so it kind of looks funny (especially since it does not affect his hair)

digitalparanoid wrote:

You can certainly boost the relationship rank (SkywindUtils.incrementRelationshipRankWithPlayer(<yourActor>, rankIncrement).

Yeah that's the other part of the reward, you get an increase in disposition and a discount and a physical reward (Although I didn't test to see if a discount occurred due to increase in relationship rank, so will look into that). So I have already got the disposition increase as you've done above in and the physical reward. Will look into vanilla Skyrim for discounts, otherwise will go with the increase in speechcraft as you suggested.

digitalparanoid wrote:

Are all yours now

Thanks.

Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
I've been avoiding posting

I've been avoiding posting since I don't like cluttering the forum when I don't have anything concrete to add, but I have an answer for you!

Ehamloptiran wrote:

- For the "For the Love of a Bosmer" quest, as part of your rewards for completing the quest, you have the possibility of getting discounts at one of the characters store or an increase in prices (ModMercantile on the NPC). How would I go about doing this in Skyrim? I plan to look through vanilla Skyrim to see if its been done in there, but if anyone has some info, please let me know.

Create a new perk (let's say, fbmwEBUnrequitedRewardPerk or somesuch). Give this perk 2 Perk Entries.

In the first Perk Entry, check the bubble for Entry Point, choose "Modify Buy Prices" and "Multiply Value" and enter the percentage you should be able to buy at. For instance, if you want to buy for 10% cheaper, set the value to "0.90". End this Perk Entry by adding a condition to the Target tab: "GetIsID Andarys" (or whatever Andarys' ID is).

Do the same as above with the second Perk Entry, but this time it should be "Modify Sell Prices" and "Multiply Value" with the value set to something greater than 1, like "1.10". This will make it so the player gets more gold for the items they sell to this NPC.

Then simply add this perk to the player when you give them their reward. To make it so that Andarys gives you a worse deal if you screw with him, make a punishment perk like the one above, only reverse the values so he sells at higher prices and buys at lower prices.

digitalparanoid
Does that perk get added to

Does that perk get added to the skills & perks UI ?

Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
Do you mean in-game? No, the

Do you mean in-game? No, the player won't have any way of seeing that the perk is active; it's completely in the background.

digitalparanoid
Cool

Cool

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
Maybe this kind of perk

Maybe this kind of perk should be setup in a standard format. There are several quests where this would match the original game. Other than bumping up the relationship, I wasn't sure of what else could be done to match MW's rewards.

Ehamloptiran
Ehamloptiran's picture
Donor
I was thinking of doing that,

I was thinking of doing that, using an invisible token that can be placed on the merchant, have the perk check for the existance of this token and grant the discount/price hike. So that way we just place the token on the NPC and check to make sure the Player has the correct perk.

But I did a search through the Morrowind.esm and I found only one reference to ModMercantile being used on an NPC. The rest was used on the Player to increase their Mercantile skill, where as on Gadayn it was used to increase or decrease the Mercantile skill based on how you finished the mission. So I was not going to bother implementing anything fancy.

If there are other NPC's that I have missed, then I will implement a generic way of doing it.

Ehamloptiran
Ehamloptiran's picture
Donor
Compled the following quests

Compled the following quests ready for testing:

- fbmwEBTradeSpy: Updated since original upload
- fbmwEBShipment: Updated since original upload
- fbmwEBInvisible
- fbmwTownVivec

The above quests have been modified to use the Story Manager instead of Start Game enabled where required. There is still one outstanding issue as stated below

- fbmwEBInvisible: The Invisibility effect on Cassius is purely placeholder (So it still uses Skyrim assets). Until we can figure out how to make him invisible without breaking ForceGreet package

I have also tested fbmwEBPest that was posted earlier in the topic and I have a couple of notes

- Stage 30 could use a quest objective pointing to the Telvanni Underworks. Or at least one that states "Kill all the rats in the Telvanni Underworks" or a counter, see below.
- There is a spelling error in dialog topic [##00C940] - It should be "but they'll just [keep] coming back unless they're stamped out at the source".

For any quest that has an objective that includes finding multiple objects or killing multiple of the same creature, are we going to use a counter in the objectives screen? (I have done this for the fbmwEBShipment quest). If so then fbmwEBPest will need that set up for the rats.

AttachmentSize
File fbmwTownVivec.7z7.45 KB
File fbmwEBInvisible.7z8.34 KB
File fbmwEBShipment.7z8.09 KB
File fbmwEBTradeSpy.7z5.2 KB
digitalparanoid
Awesome. I will be able to

Awesome.

I will be able to test shortly now that Christmas is done ;)

Thanks for the notes on ebpest. I will take them into account when I test/debug the quest before merging it.

With regards to counters, no hard line there. If the dev knows how to do that, then sure (I know SBB64 is doing that for his quests). If he doesn't, not a showstopper IMHO (can always be updated later).

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Can a talking activator

Can a talking activator having the same voice type as actor be used for "invisible" dialog?

digitalparanoid
yes, it could. but then it

yes, it could. but then it wouldn't move I guess?

Ehamloptiran
Ehamloptiran's picture
Donor
But I suppose it doesn't have

But I suppose it doesn't have to really move, since he is invisible after all. I'll give it a go and see how it looks.

Ehamloptiran
Ehamloptiran's picture
Donor
Two more quests ready for

Two more quests ready for testing:

- fbmwEBUnrequited
- fbmwMSNordBurial

I have tried to accommodate actors die'ing without using essential flags. So the quest will fail instead if there was no dialog for them being dead.

The packages created in fbmwEBUnrequited for the end of the quest on Glathel and Eraldil are placeholders and will need to be replaced by more specific packages before/after at a later point.

The quests can be found here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzqpBc4MrAMXQjhiNWtF...

Ehamloptiran
Ehamloptiran's picture
Donor
Another quest ready for

Another quest ready for testing:

- fbmwMSApologies

The quest can be found here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzqpBc4MrAMXQjhiNWtFWWtHVlk&usp=sharing

digitalparanoid
cooooooooooool

cooooooooooool :)

schristley
schristley's picture
Skyrim is so cool! Anyways I

Skyrim is so cool! Anyways I decided to try my hand at this mod'ing thing. I suppose this is more a bug fix than a true quest. I noticed that the Blades Trainer quest wasn't completing after talking to the naked Nord, so sounded perfect for my first try. After a lot of staring at these complicated creation kit windows, I think I figured it out. Apparently that quest has a level limit on it, I'm level 6 so it was failing the conditions. Here is my attempt at a fix, I got rid of the the level check as part of the conditions, and instead the script checks the level. I have them still give items but only gives the free training if you are <= level 5.

I also noticed some other problems:   * Elone the scout (Seyda Neen) is missing from the quest markers. * Most of the trainers don't actually provide training. * The book that Elone gives is blank.   I can try adding that stuff. Hopefully these changes look good and I can try my hand at some other quests. 

AttachmentSize
Package icon BladesTrainingLevelFix_1.zip10.96 KB
Ehamloptiran
Ehamloptiran's picture
Donor
Another quest ready for

- fbmwVRichTrader

Couple of notes:

- You will need to use moveto player to get Teris to the destination once you reach Vivec, Teris can't walk over the bridge into Vivec

- Rollie the Skeever (Guar) gets dropped a little too far away from Vivec since I am using a location change check. But he will continue to wander towards the Foreign Quarter entrance. So don't be alarmed if it looks like he continues to follow.

Ehamloptiran
Ehamloptiran's picture
Donor
Another quest ready for

- fbmwVTraderAbondoned

Notes:

- As you get closer to Gnaar Mok, the navmesh gets a bit wierd, so player.moveto will need to be used a lot as Pemenie gets stuck.

- Pemenie's force greet package may take a bit to kick in when arriving especially since there is a mudcrab right near by that she tends to want to run and kill and possibly due to navmeshing issues.

- If you have any outfit defined on Pemenie to wear the Boots of Blinding Speed, when you approach her, you go blind - So make sure your outfit does not have her wearing the boots.

- I put a condition on the Bounty/Pemanie the Trader topic that you cannot talk to an Actor about it after the quest has concluded, otherwise the journal entries don't really line up. (As in it will say she has declined to follow you any further, even though you've already arrived)

mrcling
mrcling's picture
Thought I'd put up some

Thought I'd put up some updated material that uses the Story Manager. I know you did some work on most of these for the statues, but I thought I would at least put this up so you could incorporate my Story Manager changes into your fixed ones, Digital.

At this point I have all the Daedric Quests using the Story Manager except for Boethiah which doesn't seem to be completed in my CK. I could still set it up to kick off on the Story Manager, but I wanted your opinion first. The Story Manager esp will get posted in the thread I created for it.

digitalparanoid
A litlle update. I have
A litlle update. I have recently debugged/tested and merged:           - Imperial Cult questline by SBB64 and digitalparanoid         - Imperial Legion questline by SBB64 and digitalparanoid         - Morag Tong questline by digitalparanoid         - Fjol the Outlaw by digitalparanoid         - The Enchanter's Rats by valo1012         - Pemenie and the Boots of Blinding Speed by Ehamloptiran         - A Man and His Guar by Ehamloptiran   All the other quests posted above on this thread will be too, don't worry :)
digitalparanoid
4 new quests debugged, tested

4 new quests debugged, tested and merged today.

- A Rash of Insults
    - For the Love of a Bosmer
    - Ennbjof's Nord Burial
    - Mysterious Killings in Vivec

I almost caught up on all the quests posted :)

mrcling
mrcling's picture
Here are my two quests. I

Here are my two quests. I thought I had put one up earlier, but apparently I didn't. I did notice on these that after finishing fbmwMQ06 in an attempt to get to the point I could test these, that the guards in both Balmora and Ald Ruhn began attacking me for no apparent reason, but the Imperial guards at the forts continue on like nothing is wrong.

mrcling
mrcling's picture
I think I will pick up "Short

I think I will pick up "Short Unhappy Life of Danar Uvelas", and "Search for her Father's Amulet". Also, I notice Boethiah doesn't seem to have any content despite being completed. I'd be willing to do that one too if it was merely marked complete on accident.

mrcling
mrcling's picture
Here is one more.

Here is one more. fbmwDeadMen.

AttachmentSize
File fbmwDeadMen.7z5.96 KB
Ehamloptiran
Ehamloptiran's picture
Donor
Another quest ready for

- fbmwVTraderMissing

Notes:

- Due to navmeshing issues around Molag Mar, you will need to use moveto player alot. Plus I experienced a lot of crashing. (Either due to the navmesh or bad collisions) - I recreated the navmesh for part of Molag Mar which did help reduce the crashing, but its nothing worth releasing, as it was a messy quick job.

- The force greets take a bit to kick in sometimes, this might be because of the navmesh. Probably revisit this once the navmesh for Molag Mar has been finalised.

- I was a bit inventive with the way the quest ends if Vanjirra is dead depending on whether you tell Paur or not. Please test this and let me know what you think, I'm not 100% sure whether its a good way to end the quest or not.

Now that I have finished all the quests assigned to me, I would like to pick up the following quests:

- fbmwMVFakeSlave
- fbmwMVParalyzedBarbarian
- fbmwMVSkoomaCorpse
- fbmwMVStrayedPilgrim
- fbmwMVThiefTrader

And also I will implement "A Falling Wizard" so he actually falls from the sky.

digitalparanoid
Dammit guys, I was almost

Dammit guys, I was almost done! I had merged everything and was just debugging Mephala's quest :(

I'm kidding this is awesome.

@mrcling "Short Unhappy Life of Danar Uvelas", and "Search for her Father's Amulet" are yours. Boethia, I need to check, will get back to you.

@Ehamloptiran fbmwMVFakeSlave, fbmwMVParalyzedBarbarian, fbmwMVSkoomaCorpse, fbmwMVStrayedPilgrim, fbmwMVThiefTrader and the falling wizard are yours.

Bonfire Dog
Bonfire Dog's picture
Hello there,  I would be very

Hello there, 

I would be very willing to help on implementing quests. I am a professional writer and game designer, and have some experience with the Creation Kit. I will familiarise myself with your processes, and the builds, in the coming week, but I will happily take a quest to be getting on with, and any guidance you can offer.

The very best, 

Bonfire Dog

digitalparanoid
Bonfire Dog, we usually start

Bonfire Dog, we usually start with a little quest to see how you're doing. You can choose a quest that is not done or reserved in the tracker. For example, we have "Favors for Orcs" or "Roland's tears"...

Bonfire Dog
Bonfire Dog's picture
I'll take Favors for Orcs...

I'll take Favors for Orcs... when do you need this done by? I'll need to read up on the documentation, but that should not take too long. 

digitalparanoid
no hurry, bonfire, that's why

no hurry, bonfire, that's why we start with little quests so you can get up to speed and even if you like to work on quests at all :)

Very important: remember to update your CK preferences so you use the prefix FBMW.

mrcling
mrcling's picture
Here is fbmwMSArenimTomb. I

Here is fbmwMSArenimTomb. I took some liberties with it. Specifically, there was some text missing, but it was also missing from the morroblivion file, so I played through that part of morrowind to get the text that I needed and added it in. In morrowind there was a forcegreet for the final line, but it was giving me a lot of trouble, so I just set it to part of her discussion about her "Father's Amulet" instead. Also, I added some stages to get the various dialogues to work since the getItemCount didn't seem to be working. That way she would remark on the fact that I had retrieved the key and move on.

The only other issue is the lack of navmesh in Arenim Family Tomb that makes her act all crazy and run off at the entrance if you don't forcemove her with the console.

AttachmentSize
File fbmwMSArenimTomb.7z9.43 KB
mrcling
mrcling's picture
I believe I will work on

I believe I will work on "Roland's Tear" and "Hannat Zainsubani" next.

mrcling
mrcling's picture
Here is another one that

Here is another one that isn't fully finished. I attempted to copy your script for the Mages Guild flower gathering mission, but I can't get it to accept my property of another script to utilize the function. I'm apparently just doing it wrong and can't figure out what. The wiki was zero help. I'd appreciate if you could tell me what I need to do to fix it for future reference. Everything else is ready to go on it.

I do have a small issue that is purely aesthetic. Aurane Frernis has no dialogue for after the quest is completed. She just continues to say that she needs to find some Roland's Tear soon. She also lacks a proper greeting that shows you have completed the quest. I'm pretty sure this was an issue in the original Morrowind that also bothered me. Perhaps we can throw her a bone and add a couple things for her to show you've helped her when you talk to her again.

AttachmentSize
File fbmwMSGoldKanetFlower.7z4.43 KB
digitalparanoid
Thank mrcling. "Roland's

Thank mrcling. "Roland's Tear" and "Hannat Zainsubani" are reserved for you.

For the counter, SBB64 and Ehamloptiran are actually the ones that implemented it. I'll probably be able to reverse engineer it, no problem.

Ehamloptiran
Ehamloptiran's picture
Donor
Implemented Tahriel the

Implemented Tahriel the falling wizard. I created a new quest for it, so that it can kick off a scene to have Tahriel scream as he falls called fbmwFallingWizard.

Get the quest here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzqpBc4MrAMXQjhiNWtF...

I was thinking of implementing a similar version to the Dragonborn wizard encounter to see which one people prefer, as I've heard people mention it in chat that they would like to see that, do you think that would be a good idea digitalparanoid? Or just leave it as is.

digitalparanoid
another one bites the dust

another one bites the dust :)

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
The ingredient collection

The ingredient collection scripts are a variation of the ones I created for the IC collection quests. If you only need to collect one type of ingredient, look at the IC quests instead. All of these are based off the Firesalt quest you do back in Skyrim for the Riften blacksmith. PM me if you need help decrypting what I attempted.

digitalparanoid
Ehamloptiran wrote: - I was a

Ehamloptiran wrote:

- I was a bit inventive with the way the quest ends if Vanjirra is dead depending on whether you tell Paur or not. Please test this and let me know what you think, I'm not 100% sure whether its a good way to end the quest or not.

Looks ok to me :)

digitalparanoid
mrcling wrote: Here is

mrcling wrote:

Here is another one that isn't fully finished. I attempted to copy your script for the Mages Guild flower gathering mission, but I can't get it to accept my property of another script to utilize the function. I'm apparently just doing it wrong and can't figure out what. The wiki was zero help. I'd appreciate if you could tell me what I need to do to fix it for future reference. Everything else is ready to go on it.

This is now fixed and merged :)

mrcling
mrcling's picture
Fantastic. One of these days

Fantastic. One of these days I'll get settled in my new school schedule and get some more work done on these quests.

digitalparanoid
Hi schristley, sorry for the

Hi schristley, sorry for the delay...

schristley wrote:

I noticed that the Blades Trainer quest wasn't completing after talking to the naked Nord, so sounded perfect for my first try. After a lot of staring at these complicated creation kit windows, I think I figured it out. Apparently that quest has a level limit on it, I'm level 6 so it was failing the conditions. Here is my attempt at a fix, I got rid of the the level check as part of the conditions, and instead the script checks the level. I have them still give items but only gives the free training if you are <= level 5.

I also noticed some other problems:   * Elone the scout (Seyda Neen) is missing from the quest markers. * Most of the trainers don't actually provide training. * The book that Elone gives is blank.  

I noticed that the Blades Trainer quest wasn't completing after talking to the naked Nord => Actually you're supposed to be able to do the quest in any order, so it will complete once you visited them all.

-----

Apparently that quest has a level limit on it, I'm level 6 so it was failing the conditions. Here is my attempt at a fix, I got rid of the the level check as part of the conditions, and instead the script checks the level. I have them still give items but only gives the free training if you are <= level 5.

==> I went back to morrowind esm itself and checked and indeed if you're above level 5, you don't get any item or training. This is really a boost for new players and I guess level 5 is a good limit. We also wants Skywind to be a challenge so I guess it's ok as it is. [Unless everyone thinks otherwise].

----

Elone the scout (Seyda Neen) is missing from the quest markers. => that shouldn't be the case. Please make sure to ask Caius about her.

---

Most of the trainers don't actually provide training. => They don't, in the sense you don't have a trainer option but they will increase one of your skill just by talking to them.

---

The book that Elone gives is blank. => there is some text but the illustrations are not implemented yet (we have a thread for that)

================

So I think we'll stay as we are but other than that your plugin and scripts updates were clean, so if you're interested in working on the quests you're welcome :)

Pages