Pages

203 posts / 0 new
Last post
digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
welcome onboard mrcling! you

welcome onboard mrcling!

you can have a look at the tracker in the OP and tell us which quests you're interested in implementing and we can reserve them for you.

Also all quests completed already in game might need to be tested/debugged with another set of eyes.

You tell us what you want to work on and it's all yours.

digitalparanoid
With release 0.9.0.1, a

With release 0.9.0.1, a little update on quest making. We have now implemented around 25% of all quests (including DLC).

The following questlines are complete:

- Main Quest

- Hlaalu

- Mages guild

- Tribunal Temple

Remember, we need your feedback and bug findings!

mrcling
mrcling's picture
I've run into an issue on

I've run into an issue on this Molag Bal quest. I believe I have just about everything finished other than a little testing just to be thorough, but I can't figure out how to make the statue of Molag Bal activate the dialogue. I feel like I'm missing something obvious. I used the Mehrunes and Azuras quests to give myself some ideas about activating the statue, but to no avail. Anyone able to take a look and see where I've messed up? I would prefer it be explained so that I can fix it myself to learn it and avoid future complications of this nature.

AttachmentSize
File fbmwMolagBal.7z6.8 KB
digitalparanoid
Hi, I would have referred you

Hi,

I would have referred you to the other daedric quests but you thought about that yourself it seems ;)

I will have a look and let you know.

digitalparanoid
So after looking at Azura

So after looking at Azura quest, I think what you need is to create a talking activator (under actors node in CK) using the existing statue model and replace the statue in YansirramusShrine with the new talking activator.

Assign voice type morrouniquemolagbal to your activator and in your dialogue conditions, use getIsVoiceType "morrouniquemolagbal" == 1.

That should do the trick.

mrcling
mrcling's picture
I finally got a chance to

I finally got a chance to look at it again. I had already created the talking activator and replaced the statue. It appears that I had accidently clicked the wrong uniquemorrow voice. The problem now is that he won't converse with me properly. The statue makes a remark about me being indecent and pops up the dialog selection box. If I advance the quest to the next point at which I have to talk to him to finish the quest, then things proceed normally and he says the correct things to complete the quest. It appears that the issue is with this initial dialog, but I'm unsure as to how I could get around. I was under the impression that having the conversation set to blocking would make it skip any other potential conversation topics, but he appears to care more about my appearance. I am wearing clothes. I looked and everything.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
The indecent quote happens if

The indecent quote happens if you COC or COW to Morrowind without going through the chargen.

mrcling
mrcling's picture
I'm assuming that chargen is

I'm assuming that chargen is the character generation (I'm a noob). I definitely went through the character generation. I started a new character for Skywind and came in through the port in Seyda Neen. I even started a new one, just in case it had some kind of issue. Still no dice. I still get the indecency thing.

digitalparanoid
I will upload a potential fix

I will upload a potential fix for indecent comments in the coming days.

digitalparanoid
as promised... I tried to add

as promised...

I tried to add this conditions to dialogue.. I haven't tested... http://www.creationkit.com/GetClothingValue

Please note that if you start a game using the morrowind intro you shouldn't face the decency dialogue issue.

AttachmentSize
Plain text icon skywind-clothingsGreetingFix-test.esp72.38 KB
mrcling
mrcling's picture
I feel I've polished up this

I feel I've polished up this Molag Bal quest as best I can. If I've got issues I probably just missed them. It does occasionally crash when fighting Menta Na, but I can't see that it is a direct cause of this quest so much as some other error causing random crashes during some fights. The quest works (it did for me on several attempts anyway). Text pops up when the statue is spoken to, and he gives you the key and sends you off. He then hands over the mace when you're all finished, and the journal agrees along the way with what actions have been taken. If you find some issues I would like to know so I can prevent future mess ups. 

I believe my next goal will be to slap some work on Sheogorath's daedric quest.

AttachmentSize
File fbmwMolagBal_0.7z7.45 KB
Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
Donor
Its works brilliantly dude!

Its works brilliantly dude! Ive been all around morrowind and i havent found any place were it wasnt working ;) including solstheim

mrcling
mrcling's picture
I finished up the Sheogorath

I finished up the Sheogorath daedric quest. It went quicker than the first, but it was way more complicated than the last one was. It was a fun learning experience. As always, I appreciate any constructive criticism and any bugs that are found out. The only thing I've noticed is that if you run into the room and take the jewels so that the dremora lord shows up, and do it too quickly, the conversation won't always start. Which is weird.

I believe I will go ahead and say that I'll do both of the Malacath and Mephala daedric quests to go ahead and get those finished up, before I move on to other random quests.

AttachmentSize
File fbmwDASheogorath.7z9.58 KB
digitalparanoid
good work mrcling. I'm just

good work mrcling. I'm just finishing my debugging/testing on SBB64 imperial cult quests and then I will turn to your quests :)

mrcling
mrcling's picture
Here is the quest for

Here is the quest for Malacath. I appreciate the help on getting the AI right, digital. As far as I know it all works, including the separate dialog based on whether or not you are an orc.

AttachmentSize
File fbmwDAMalacath.7z27.48 KB
SpartunJohn117
SpartunJohn117's picture
I would be happy to help work

I would be happy to help work on the House Telvanni Quests; I always chose them in Morrowind. I admit that I am relatively new to the Creation Kit. However, I did work a lot with the Morrowind and Oblivion Construction Sets, and can honestly say I set up many quests in those kits. I don't think it would take me too terribly long to understand this one. If you give me a week to prepare, I would be happy to begin some of the earlier quests. Thanks and hoping to contribute to this project!

digitalparanoid
SpartunJohn117: you can start

SpartunJohn117: you can start on the telvanni questline, it's not assigned yet. Have a look at how we deal with advancement for the hlaalu house, you will have to do the same.

mrcling: good work. Will test asap

SpartunJohn117
SpartunJohn117's picture
I was able to finish the

I was able to finish the fbmwHTMuck quest with ease. However, I cannot get the HTBlackJinx quest to work properly. I have been troubleshooting that quest for almost two days now, and I am putting up the white flag on that quest.

If someone could look at my work I've uploaded and troubleshoot the thing, I would really appreciate it. I want to try to continue working on these quests, but it is making me pull my hair out now. Best get someone else's point of view for this one. Thanks.

AttachmentSize
File fbmwHT.7z5.64 KB
digitalparanoid
will have a look over the

will have a look over the week-end

digitalparanoid
FYI, the imperial cult

FYI, the imperial cult questline from SBB64 is now completed and debbuged.

digitalparanoid
SpartunJohn117 your archive

SpartunJohn117 your archive is missing some scripts (including all pex). Can you please post one complete. In the meantime, did you make some progress? Can you describe exactly what issue you have ?

digitalparanoid
mrcling I debugged and tested

mrcling I debugged and tested Molag Bal's quest.

It appears there was an issue with the talking activator. To make it work, you actually need to have a simple activator (the statue) and a talking activator (can be anything but should be invisible).

When activating the statue, you have to add a script that activates the talking activator. If the topics and topicInfos are correctly set, it should start talking to you. [In your version, only the first line of the topic info was played, due to the Say() method]

You can have a look at the azura shrine in skyrim. The activator is the altar, the talking activator is the yellow box near the statue mouth.

Now that I've been successful, I'll rework your two other quests (I suppose both steps above are enough, but maybe some of the other changes I made when I was investigating are necessary). I'll also have to review the other daedric quests that are completed already.

mrcling
mrcling's picture
Thanks, digitalparanoid. I'll

Thanks, digitalparanoid. I'll look into that on the Mephala quest as well to insure I'm doing it right. My issue at the moment is making the NPC see me for the part of this quest where I'm supposed to go by undetected by him. I've tried a couple things, although I'm pretty sure I messed the one up and intend to attempt it again on Tuesday when I have some time to do so. Also, for some reason the poison he gives me spawns by his feet. Which is probably just the way I'm implementing it as an alias attached to him.

SpartunJohn117
SpartunJohn117's picture
I have been unable to make

I have been unable to make any progress on the quest. My issue with the Black Jinx quest is that it will not show up on the NPC's dialog. For example, Raven Omayn mentions that her Mistress needs a ring. After that, the Black Jinx dialog does not show up. 

At one point it was showing up (before it was a problem), and had made a save afterward. I know for a fact that 90% of the actual quest works, its just the damn dialog I can't get to show up. 

Anyways, I posted the new archive with all of the .pex files and the previous .psc files I had and the esp. 

digitalparanoid
I have tested and debugged

I have tested and debugged the two other quests and actually I may have to come back on what I said yesterday, was able to make them work without having an activator that activates the talking activator...

What I think I found though is that talking activators don't like the topics with "goodbye" checked.

mrcling
mrcling's picture
One thing that I noticed as

One thing that I noticed as that the first line just sits there and if you click it again it goes ahead and plays normally. Without really knowing how to fix it, I just went with it and got the whole thing working. Hopefully, I can find some time today to look it over and see about working that out.

digitalparanoid
mrcling, for the molag bal,

mrcling, for the molag bal, sheogorath, malacath, it's now all fixed.

mrcling
mrcling's picture
Here is the Mephala quest. It

Here is the Mephala quest. It has issues. It frustrated me enough today that I thought I'd just drop a turd here and get some help from some other eyes. 

For some weird reason the dialogue that starts the quest just stopped showing up. Which baffles my mind about what I did to make that happen when it used to work just fine.

Also, the quest starting notification seems to take place in the wrong place, and I'm unsure as to how I could fix it to show up before the end of the long initial dialog, and the altar has the same issue as the previous ones. I was going to attempt to fix it, but I couldn't find the invisible collision .nif that was used in places such as the voice of azura. In hindsight I could have duplicated that one and just changed things, but I've come too far into this paragraph.

Finally, there is no need to hide from Balyn Omavel. I tried a couple different script things and I'm either doing that wrong or taking the totally wrong approach.

AttachmentSize
File fbmwDAMephala.7z7.19 KB
digitalparanoid
Ok I will have a look.

Ok I will have a look.

SpartunJohn117
SpartunJohn117's picture
...and the file I didn't

...and the file I didn't upload lol.

AttachmentSize
File fbmwHTv2.7z8.51 KB
digitalparanoid
@mrcling: did you try to have

@mrcling:

did you try to have a script that registers for update (using registerForSingleUpdate and repeating is better) that would be started at the right stage and that would test

http://www.creationkit.com/IsDetectedBy_-_Actor

Basically you would regularly verify if the NPC saw you. (and don't forget to unregister when done - either quest complete or detected)

mrcling
mrcling's picture
I did attempt something like

I did attempt something like that, but I don't think I implemented it properly. The wiki is rather vague in a lot of areas, and I just attempted something based on my other programming knowledge. In fact, I just looked, and I did do that except I didn't use a registerforSingleUpdate. I attempted to use onCellAttach, so that it would activate when I walked close enough to him. On looking at it, I didn't loop it, so it probably checked on the initial attachment and stopped looking by the time I had even started walking, let alone get close enough for him to see me. 

I'll be pretty busy until next Tuesday, but I could try again when if I come across some time prior to that, or I can do it on Tuesday. Any ideas on what I messed up that my dialogue option quit showing for me?

3AMt
3AMt's picture
the Tribunal Temple Quests

the Tribunal Temple Quests are not completed. Instead they end with 'The pilgrimage of the Seven Graces'. Only one of these shrines can be activated. There are mapmarkers and the massage is shown by hitting E. But thats it, nothing happens. I've tested all of the shrines and 6/7 are broken. 1 of them was working however. Sometimes there is the typial quest sound played, but again nothing will happen. Please take a look at it again.

digitalparanoid
I tested them all before

I tested them all before release and they were working.... Will have another look later.

3AMt
3AMt's picture
That would be nice, thank

That would be nice, thank you!

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
Using version .9, so far I

Using version .9, so far I have had normal success with two shrines, Justice and Pride (Gnisis and Ghostgate). Please remember that you have to have the proper inventory item to donate to the shrine. I'll test the other Gnisis shrine next (need to go find some wax).

BTW, anyone else notice that the Cure Common Disease potion is not craftable? The Alchemy table just makes 2 variations of the Cure Disease potion. Maybe the one for Skywind should be renamed? Or was this intentional?

Edit: Okay, they all work fine except for the damn puzzle canal one. There is a real trick to getting enough drowning damage without actually dying. Also, has it been noted that the mesh of the stairs going up to Vivec's temple has a spot where you drop through to one of the tiers of the palace? If you do the Moon donation first, you float right over it but if you walk up the stairs, you always drop through the stairs. About halfway up.

digitalparanoid
Hey SBB, thanks for testing

Hey SBB,

thanks for testing again, yes I guess it's due to having the necessary stuff with you.

for the drowning I succeeded while testing but remember it being difficult to get working

For the stairs, yeah I told that to Eloth a few times ;)

mrcling
mrcling's picture
I haven't made any progress

I haven't made any progress on Mephala. I'm still unsure as to what is causing my initial dialog to no longer appear, but I assume it has something to do with an alias not filling properly. My real concern is the scripting to get this fellow to see me and react when I try to sneak past him. I thought I'd throw up what I'm using and see if any input could be given as to what I'm doing wrong in getting him to notice me. I've tried a couple of different things, this is the one that I've used most recently and thought I had worked out pretty well:

Quest Property fbmwDAMephala  Auto      Actor Property BalynOmavel  Auto     Event OnInit()      RegisterForSingleUpdate(1.0 ) EndEvent   Event OnUpdate()      Bool bKeepUpdating = True      if(Game.GetPlayer().IsDetectedBy(BalynOmavel))           Debug.Trace("Player has been seen!") ;To test whether                 the Player is seen by the Actor           fbmwDAMephala.SetStage(55)           bKeepUpdating = False           UnregisterForUpdate()           GotoState("active")      EndIf      If bKeepUpdating           RegisterForSingleUpdate(1.0 )      EndIf EndEvent   State active      Event OnUpdate()        EndEvent EndState
digitalparanoid
A little update for all the

A little update for all the would-be law-abiding assassins, the morag tong questline is done and will be included in the next release !

Jobe wan kenobi
Jobe wan kenobi's picture
digitalparanoid wrote: A

digitalparanoid wrote:

A little update for all the would-be law-abiding assassins, the morag tong questline is done and will be included in the next release !

Awesome I'm looking forward to playing through that :)

valo1012
valo1012's picture
Ok, I think I've got The

Ok, I think I've got The Enchanter's Rats quest (EBPest) completed. It plays through properly no matter how you choose to complete it. A couple of notes:

I could definitely use some feedback in case I did anything wrong, I tried to port everything over as it was in Morroblivion. Some things don't quite fit together (like no quest objective/marker for killing the rats), but that's how it was in Morroblivion.

AttachmentSize
File fbmwEBPest.7z5.01 KB
digitalparanoid
Valo, thanks for your

Valo, thanks for your contribution. I will test asap (might be a little while due to christmas time)

mrcling
mrcling's picture
Here it is. I finished it.

Here it is. I finished it. Kind of. I have everything working except for the altar to speak to Mephala at the end, which is because I was unable to set it up correctly so that you just spoke to the talkingactivator as it does in the Skyrim Azura's quest like you suggested. It did work when using the other way, which was not the way it needs to be done. Digital, if you could let me know what I failed to set up correctly, that would be awesome, and then I can figure out how that works in the event I need that knowledge in the future.

I do have one piece of advice. Balyn Omavel has eyes like a freaking hawk and the ears of a wolf. Like, he can spot you from across the river at night if you aren't careful. As my level one test character, it was an adventure that required sneaking all the way around town and using the hatch on the roof, which is the way the original was anyway. The good news is. It works. I even figured out what I was doing wrong with the detection and everything.

EDIT: I updated the file with one that uses the Story Manager so that the quest does not have to be Start Game Enabled to save on memory issues that could arise from having too many quests starting at the beginning of the game.

AttachmentSize
File fbmwDAMephala_1.7z7.83 KB
mrcling
mrcling's picture
I believe I will pick up a

I believe I will pick up a couple more random quests. Specifically, Kurapli Seeks Justice, and Strange Man in Gindrala Hleran's House.

digitalparanoid
They're both reserved for

They're both reserved for you, good sir mrcling.

Ehamloptiran
Ehamloptiran's picture
Donor
Hi There, I have been

Hi There,

I have been watching this project for quite some time and thought it was time I put my hand up to help.

I am very keen to help out on this project. I am fairly competent at Papyrus scripting, and creating and modifying Quests and what not in the Creation Kit.

If you could assign me a couple of Quests that are yet to be started, I'll give it a go over the Christmas period.

Thanks

digitalparanoid
Ehamloptiran, how about the

Ehamloptiran, how about the following two quests?

fbmwEBShipment Liberate the Limeware
fbmwEBTradeSpy The Price List

I assigned them to you :)

Ehamloptiran
Ehamloptiran's picture
Donor
Thanks. I'll get to work on

Thanks. I'll get to work on them immediately.

mspeed101
mspeed101's picture
Hey, I heard about this

Hey,

I heard about this project awhile back and decided that i should step in and help get this project into beta faster. I'm very excited about this project and i cant wait to see the final product when it eventually makes its way to a final product! With that being said i would like to help out with the quest conversions so that we can get this out of alpha quicker. I'll start out with 1 for the time being and I'll let you know if i can tackle another one once i start. It doesn't matter which quest I work on so you can pick which ever one you feel needs to be worked on first.

Thanks

Ehamloptiran
Ehamloptiran's picture
Donor
Completed the following

Completed the following quests, attached and ready for testing:

- fbmwEBTradeSpy
- fbmwEBShipment

Was unsure how to handle the following things:

- 2 mercantile skill increase: Changed to AdvanceSkill( "Speechcraft" )
- ModDisposition -10 and ModFight 10: Replaced with nothing for now

If no-one has any complaints, I would like to take on the following quests:

- fbmwEBInvisible "An Invisible Son"
- fbmwEBUnrequited "For the Love of a Bosmer"
- fbmwTownVivec "Mysterious Killings in Vivec"

AttachmentSize
File fbmwEBTradeSpy_Shipment.7z10.58 KB

Pages