Pages

203 posts / 0 new
Last post
digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
posted v0.3 of morroDefault

posted v0.3 of morroDefault quest : all topics from A to C (included)

link updated in the first post

digitalparanoid
Zilav converted the

Zilav converted the dialogues. Manual work can start. I updated the first post.

stijmunkey
stijmunkey's picture
Contributor
Donor
Hey do you guys want my esp

Hey do you guys want my esp for the morrowind npc voicetypes im assuming you will need them to properly set the conditions for dialogue, also it said zilav converted all the dialogue do you think it is possible to get a list of the filenames for each line of dialogue i dont know if it is possible but we need the correct filenames for each line before we can put voice files in skywind

digitalparanoid
I'll try to export the file

I'll try to export the file names. Give me a couple of days to figure it out.

stijmunkey
stijmunkey's picture
Contributor
Donor
Digital that would be amazing
Digital that would be amazing if you got all the file names! Also when I was looking around in the ck I noticed you guys duplicated a bunch of the quests, I assume that is to get them yo work properly, but my question is on some of the duplicated quests the dialogue file name was normal but on some other ones it added a DUP somewhere in the filename, I'm assuming it stands for duplicate, but do you know why it's on some but not others? Also if these are the ones being then I need those file names and not the originals, I think
digitalparanoid
They're duplicate when you

They're duplicate when you use the links I posted in the OP ? If that's the case, don't worry it's already fixed for the next master release.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Thank! for all the hard work

Thank! for all the hard work on the quests digital!,you did a great job on the old master quests,but starting from scratch on the current project imo takes dedication.

stijmunkey
stijmunkey's picture
Contributor
Donor
i probably have an older

i probably have an older version than the ones posted in the op? either way thats relieving that means if you actually manage to get the file names for the dialogue extracted then i can finally simplify and optimize the voice acting for skywind! especially if themador finds a way to get all the file names in his spreadsheet

digitalparanoid
Hey guys, this is topic not

Hey guys,

this is topic not dead, just not a lot to show for now.

I just wanted to highlight the following

About dialogues, using Skywind and going back to Skyrim (or Solstheim/Dragonborn :P) you might see skywind dialogues on vanilla or mod-added NPCs. Don't worry about it this is in progress. THIS WILL BE FIXED and doesn't impact your vanilla game other than cluttering your dialogue list.

When we have a master where that work is done and you find bugs, then ping us :)

[If you want the technical explanations, it's just that dialogues topic infos don't have enough conditions to explain this topic is for that NPC, or in that Cell only etc.... and therefore conditions can be valid for vanilla NPCs]

@stijmunkey

I haven't forgotten you. I just think that if I give you something now it won't make any sense, so I'd rather you continue with the spreadsheet you already have. Just note that there will be some more dialog lines because I am adding stuff that were marked as placeholders in morroblivion.

stijmunkey
stijmunkey's picture
Contributor
Donor
mq01 in action and finding

mq01 in action and finding fargoths ring in action and fully voiced!

http://youtu.be/767jaVKhArs

digitalparanoid
Thanks stij. A lot of work is

Thanks stij. A lot of work is done at the moment on quests. We'll have infos for you guys soon.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
@digital I think you should

@digital

I think you should read this carefully

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1450753-relzwipz-unofficial...

digitalparanoid
@Zilav Thanks for the link !

@Zilav Thanks for the link ! keep'em coming

So on the conditions, the last comment I read is

"In the CK the OR has higher precedence:

A OR B AND C = ( A OR B ) AND C A OR B AND C OR D = ( A OR B ) AND ( C OR D ) A AND B OR C AND D = A AND ( B OR C) AND D"   that was my understanding as well, so when I have OR conditions, I usually do the following:   ex1: getIsClass                0Savant          ==  1  OR getIsId                     0ArtisaSarelas == 1   AND getRelationshipRank  playerRef         >= 0   AND       ex2:   getIsClass        0Monk               == 1   OR getIsClass        0MonkService     == 1   OR getIsClass        0Priest     == 1             AND getInFaction     0Temple    == 1            AND getRelationshipRank  playerRef         >= 0   AND getRandomPercent      NONE             <     20  AND   ex3:   getInCell         Balmora        ==  1  OR getInCell         Caldera         ==  1   AND getIsClass       0Scout         ==  1   AND   I usually put all my OR conditions at at the top, and all that is common is put after with AND operator. So I think that should be OK ?   I removed a lot of doublons line based on this like   <dialog line 1> getIsId                       NPC1            == 1 getRelationshipRank     PlayerRef      >= 0   <dialog line 1>  (same text) getIsId                       NPC2            == 1 getRelationshipRank     PlayerRef      >= 0   because it was possible to merge them as shown above. But as soon as the logic was more complex, I kept the lines separated. Not being able to put parenthesis in logic conditions makes me want to play it safe :)   ---- ex3, I will  have to change because I realized getInCell works only for interior cells (hence my addition of Locations, in order to replace with getInLocation )    
Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
Your operation order looks

Your operation order looks good to me, for what it's work. When I find time, this is the area I can probably be of most use in, so... I'll keep an eye on things here. :P

[Edit]

Oh, wait, I see what Arthmoor is saying. Looks like you need to move your ORs to the bottom, not the top. Stupid nonsense logic rules. -_-

dtom
dtom's picture
Fighters Guide First Quest Done

Hi,

I've finished the first part of the quest.

You need to go to Balmora for this one to work.

You can Join the guild

Do the first quest

Get your first promotion.

http://www.mediafire.com/?r8qtmdkom433807

I plan to work away in blocks to complete the quest.

(a) Eydis Fire-Eyes Low Rank Quests

(b) Percies Mercius LRQ

(c) Lorbumol gro-Aglakh LRQ

(d) Hrundi's  LRQ

(e) Eydis Fire-Eyes High Rank Quests

(f) Percies Mercius hRQ

(g) Lorbumol gro-Aglakh hRQ

(h) Hrundi' HRQ

(i) Sjorjing Hard-Hearts Side Quest (May need to work with Theives Guild quests for this)

Cheers

Tom

digitalparanoid
I updated the OP following

I updated the OP following release of v0.6

@dtom I updated the tracker to reflect your work on the fighters guild

dtom
dtom's picture
cheers Digital

cheers Digital

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
http://forums.bethsoft.com/to

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1453412-wip-making-a-detail...

List of annoying bugs in CK/engine concerning quests and also nif models issues.

digitalparanoid
Thanks Zilav, I'll read that

Thanks Zilav, I'll read that at work :)

Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
Hm. Looking at the quest

Hm. Looking at the quest tracker, we probably don't need aaaDelayLachance anymore. With some clever use of Skyrim's new functions, Skyblivion shouldn't be sending Lachance hurtling through time and space this time around.

Anyway, I think I'll start working on miscellaneous side quests. I don't want to take on any major quest lines in case I need to fall off the face of the Earth again. Digital, I'll send you a message in a second here, so check your mail. :)

[Edit]

Also, how are we handling Renown? I don't see any renown or fame tracking Globals in the current version.

[Edit 2]

So yeah, I just went ahead and did fbmwDAAzura. I also have a couple notes regarding that quest:

- In Morrowind, Azura would actually speak to you (VO) when activating her statue; this was cut from Morroblivion. I re-implemented it for Skywind, so we're going to have to add voiceover files. I left the code for the non-VO version of the quest in, so if absolutely necessary, we can revert to that.
- I had to replace the statue in the Shrine of Azura with a talking activator (editor ID 0activeUdaeUazuraTalk). For now, it's using voice type FemaleUniqueAzura. Not sure if we want to change that later.

I guess I will work on fbmwDAMehrunes, then move onto the miscellaneous quests starting with fbmwEBActor. (Skipping Mephala since she's connected to the Morag Tong--figure that should go to whoever does the other MT quests.)

digitalparanoid
Mooncat, I updated the

Mooncat, I updated the tracker to reserve those 3 quests for you.

re: aaaDelayLachance. Yep, it can probably be done differently. I didn't look at that one yet. Remember the quests, stages and crude dialogue we converted automatically thanks to Zilav's magic. So (except for greetings), all morroblivion's content is here, including helper quests.

re: renown. For now, I didn't have to work on this. The way I figured it was to create a new global variable. The only thing is that IIRC, this added up to your disposition toward a NPC ? so we would have to find a similar mecanism (right now dispostion is mapped to relationshipRank)

re: fbmwDAAzura. Morroblivion had some shortcuts so I usually take them as basis for a first pass, and then rever to morrowind itself to make sure we are as close as possible to it. FemaleUniqueAzura should be ok. I guess there's not a lot of lines to do..

re: Mephala I did some changes in the dialogues there that I need to merge so I'll unreserve when possible, in order to avoid conflicts.

Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
re: aaaDelayLachance, I'm the

re: aaaDelayLachance, I'm the one who coded it in the first place. I think it's safe to ignore for now. =P

re: Renown, I think we're on the same page. Regardless of how we fenangle disposition, we should get that Global in the next release, because both you and dtom are going to start having to deal with Renown in the quest chains you're doing.

I noticed you have fbmwILAdvancement checked out. For the uniform checks, might I suggest using either a formlist or the ArmorMaterialImperialLight/ArmorMaterialImperialHeavy keywords instead of checking for each individual cuirass? The formlist to keep things tidy but true to vanilla Morrowind, or the keywords to allow players to enchant their uniform.

[Edit]

I also notice you've added the Master Index and Siege at Firemoth DLC quests, but not Helm of Tohan. Unless I'm missing it?

digitalparanoid
re: formlist. I don't know

re: formlist. I don't know much about this but it looks interesting :D

re: helm of tohan. I didn't know about this one. Was it included in morroblivion ? Anyway, I added a record in the spreadsheet so we don't forget it.

digitalparanoid
Updated the OP with a link to

Updated the OP with a link to DTOM fighters guild thread. Please test his work and give feedback !

Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
re: formlist, I like

re: formlist, I like formlists because we can add cuirasses from the other games on the fly, if we want to. But if a player enchants his cuirass, it won't count as being in-uniform anymore. :(

re: helm of tohan. It wasn't included in Morroblivion, same as Fort Firemoth, I think. It looks like all the free plugins got skipped over... In fact, we may have to rebuild Fort Firemoth itself from scratch, unless the landmass was included but not the quest?

[EDIT]

And why does fbmwDeadMan contain so many latest rumor topics? In Morroblivion, they were contained in MorroDefaultQuest. Huh.

Anyway, Digital, since you've got fbmwDeadMan checked out, would you mind adding a script to the two topics beginning "I've heard that Miun-Gei..." (Forms XX00F374 and XX00F375, at the bottom of the list)? They should set the stage of fbmwEBActor to 10.

Or do you think it will be safe for me to add the script myself? I don't know what work you're doing on that quest at the moment.

digitalparanoid
the rumors are here due to

the rumors are here due to the conversion script. They will be moved accordingly asap. I will do the script update you require, np.

Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
Excellent.I guess I'll just

Excellent.

I guess I'll just go ahead and reserve all the EB quests for now:

fbmwEBBone
fbmwEBClients
fbmwEBDeed
fbmwEBExpress
fbmwEBFalse
fbmwEBInvisible
fbmwEBPest
fbmwEBShipment
fbmwEBTradeSpy
fbmwEBUnrequited

[Edit]

Another Latest Rumors quest! The rumor that begins "I've heard that Balen Andrano over in the Redoran..." (currently in FBMWDeadMan, FormID XX00F372) should have a script that sets the stage of FBMWEBBone to 10. Thanks!

stijmunkey
stijmunkey's picture
Contributor
Donor
i was just going to ask about

i was just going to ask about the latest rumors dialogue as the spreadsheet i have for the voice actors doesnt have any morroblivion file names for these lines, so i assume it wasnt included in morroblivion, good to see you are working on them for skywind though cuz im getting the voice actors to do the lines so it would be nice to be able to include them lol

digitalparanoid
@Mooncat I reserved those

@Mooncat I reserved those quests for you in the tracker!

@stijmunkey the latest rumors were here, just a bit hidden :P. Next master will contain almost all the greetings.

stijmunkey
stijmunkey's picture
Contributor
Donor
Sweet!
Sweet!
Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
I would like to check out

I would like to check out fbmwMSGreetings. It's used to trigger one of my quests.

Thanks!

digitalparanoid
done

done :)

digitalparanoid
Quest tracker is updated.

Quest tracker is updated.

Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
It looks like I won't have

It looks like I won't have time to work on Skywind for a while. I was able to complete these quests before the deluge of busy-ness hit me:

fbmwDAAzura
fbmwDAMehrunes
fbmwEBActor
fbmwEBBone
fbmwEBDeed
fbmwEBFalse

I tested as I went, and it worked fine then. However, I have been known to mess up my packaging--so let me know if you get any missing script errors or such. -_-; I tried using Zilav's TES5Edit script to confirm the list of scripts to include, and it said my plugin had no scripts. I'm sure I messed something up on my end, but again, I didn't have time to sort it out properly. Sorry.

About fbmwMSGreetings:

This quest is supposed to include a ton of greetings that kick of miscellaneous quests. However, those greetings don't seem to have been converted. I added one of them back in manually, but it occurs to me we might be able to use TESEdit to convert them in? I'm not sure. If you can add them back in with a batch operation, then just delete the record "fbmwMSGreetingsGREETING" [DIAL:0200BCFC] (and its children) from my plugin so we don't end up with duplicate dialogue.

Sorry I wasn't able to do more. Go ahead and un-reserve my quests once this is tested and merged into the master.

digitalparanoid
thanks for your work mooncat.

thanks for your work mooncat. I'll have a look asap.

digitalparanoid
Mooncat, I tested your quests

Mooncat, I tested your quests and fixed a few things and now they will be included in the next master. Thanks for your work !

digitalparanoid
Although we're not

Although we're not communicating much, we're still working hard. An update on this:

The following quests are now completed and merged for the next release (meaning playable/completable in-game, obviously environments, enemies, etc... need a lot more work):

Main Quest:
Stranger in a Strange Land (Character Generation)
Report to Caius Cosades
Antabolis Informant
Gra-Muzgob Informant
Vivec Informants (Huleeya, Addhiranirr, Mehra Milo)
Zainsubani Informant
Meet Sul-Matuul
Sixth House Base
Corprus Cure
Mehra Milo and the Lost Prophecies
The Path of the Incarnate

Daedric Quests:
Azura's Quest
Boethiah's Quest
Mehrunes Dagon's Quest

Misc:
Fargoth's Ring
The Bad Actor
The Dwemer's Bone
A Friend in Deed
An Apothecary Slandered

sevenseacat
sevenseacat's picture
Okay, here's a first quest

Okay, here's a first quest contribution from me.

It's a single misc quest ("Hentus Needs Pants") but it still has issues as detailed here http://morroblivion.com/forums/skywind/skywind-development/2800?page=1#comment-34465

I tried reverting the greeting to fix it but now it doesn't come up at all and I don't know why. The script on the player alias still does nothing as well, even after I've spent more time on it. The rest of the flow works as it should.

If someone can kindly review it and tell me what I've done wrong/missed, then I'll know for the next quest/quests I do.

AttachmentSize
Package icon fbmwMSHentusPants_0.zip8.48 KB
thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Well, for the script on the

Well, for the script on the player alias you have:

Event OnItemAdded(Form akBaseItem, int aiItemCount, ObjectReference akItemReference, ObjectReference akSourceContainer)
    if (akBaseItem == HentusPants)
       fbmwMSHentusPants.SetObjectiveCompleted(50)
       fbmwMsHentusPants.setObjectiveDisplayed(100)
    endif
EndEvent

But your actual objectives don't match that.  They are:

10: Speak to Hainab Lasamsi about Hentus's pants
50: Return to Hentus Yansurnummu with his pants

Your script is correct.  Your stages need to be re-numbered:

50: Speak to Hainab Lasamsi about Hentus's pants 
100: Return to Hentus Yansurnummu with his pants

I blame myself for this; there were some errors in my guide in this section that I fixed yesterday.  The quest objective should have the same number as the stage that is set when that objective is completed.

You will also want to change the result scripts on your Quest Stages accordingly:

Stage 10: SetObjectiveDisplayed(50)
Stage 100: SetObjectiveCompleted(100)

Note that you accidentally used "SetObjectiveDisplayed" on stage 100 instead of "SetObjectiveCompleted".

Regarding the greeting, I found the greeting by searching for "Hainab stole my pants" in Find Text... everything looks OK there.  I will see if I can figure out what is wrong.

Edit: also when testing you can use the console command:
player.moveto 05802E9B
to go straight to Hentus.

Edit: I have tried just about everything I can think of and still can't get the greeting to work.  I tried deleting it from your ESP and starting over, deleting the physical script files and starting over, moving the greeting to the fbmwMSHentusPants quest, moving hentus out of the water so he wasn't swimming ..... nothing.  He occasionally greets you with "cover yourself... are you mad... have you no decency" so it may be related to that greeting taking precedence so no other greetings go through.

Anyway, good work; my bad advice not withstanding.

Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
I'd like to check out

I'd like to check out fbmwILAdvancement for testing purposes, please. =)

Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
Okay, I've got a first draft

Okay, I've got a first draft of the quest/scripts ready, I just need to test it (figure out how to test it without a functioning Imperial Legion to work with).

There are a few things to keep in mind when working with this script system:

1. When adding faction reputation for completing a quest, call the following function on the advancement quest: ModReputation(int). This will automatically check if the player is eligible for advancement.

2. When the player gets a promotion, make a call to AdvancementCheck() on the advancement quest to see if the player is eligible for the next advancement after that.

3. The advancement script has to be added to every advancement quest. It assumes that all advancement quests are structured the same (same stages, same skill/reputation requirements, etc). To set the factions skill requirement, adjust the script properties (be sure to check the actor values on the CK wiki page for the correct names!)

4. Every advancement quest that uses this system must be added to the fbmwAdvancementQuestList form list, or it won't check when the player levels up a skill. Why did I implement it this way? To make it easy for future modders to add new factions to this system, that's why!

I think that's everything you need to know to plug your faction into this system. I'll post it here once I'm sure it's working on a basic level.

Also, I changed the Imperial Legion requirements as follows:

Block
One-Handed
Two-Handed
Heavy Armor
Speech
Archery

Speech replaces the Personality requirement from vanilla Morrowind. Archery is carried over from Morroblivion; it isn't in vanilla Morrowind, but I think it fits (and it's always nice to have more skills for the faction). Let me know if you disagree with any of this.

For now...I'm out of time today. I'll get to testing this tomorrow.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
http://bayfiles.net/file/TcFH

http://bayfiles.net/file/TcFH/fYDbBI/victim_romance_%282%29.zip
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:The_Beauty_and_the_Bandit

Hokay, my issue with the quest is that her Hello dialog is never appearing. If I check "Start Game Enabled" it'll skip her Hello, and go directly to the topic "Jewels?" and "Bandit Nearby".

I tried enabling the quest with console, but my scripts never start up, it won't say I started her quest after accepting it. I did notice that Morroblivion had the wrong "Hello" topic, but I fixed that. I also noticed that her topic's script was missing, even after unbsaing, so I re-made it, and it still refuses to work.

Anyway, this is my first quest, so be easy on it!

Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
A little update: Life did a

A little update: Life did a bit of a piledriver on me last week. I was going to just upload what I have and be done with it, but I finally decided that I really need to test it and work out any bugs for myself. I'll try to have something to share this weekend (maybe?).

digitalparanoid
Nice Mooncat. Obviously, real

Nice Mooncat. Obviously, real life comes first. if you need other pair of eyes or testing, you can post, no problem.

When you're ready, we can merge in one of the dev releases so that you get more testers.

TheTailsEffect
TheTailsEffect's picture
Is there a tutorial on

Is there a tutorial on helping out with the quests? I'd like to maybe fire through a couple, I have the next week off to celebrate my birthday so :P

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
There is a massive thread

There is a massive thread about it.

digitalparanoid
Here: http://morroblivion.com
Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
So! I never found time to

So!

I never found time to actually test this. Things have been pretty rough over here, and if I wait until I do have time to test it, it may never get done (at least, not in time for it to be of any use to the other people working on faction quests).

This is what I've got; the changes to the Legion advancement quests are for testing purposes, and may not be suitable for direct merging as I never got the chance to sync it with the current master.

If you have any questions about how this all works, ask and I'll answer. I can do that, at least.

AttachmentSize
File FBMW%20Advancement.rar5.59 KB
digitalparanoid
Tracker updated:         -

Tracker updated:

- Fargoth's Hiding Place*         - Vodunius Nuccius         - Death of a Taxman   are released as part of 0.8.1**   + OP updated.   * due to navmesh issues, Fargoth night stroll is not perfect but we'll get there ** this is a dev release*** *** become a contributor and get access to the dev releases !
mrcling
mrcling's picture
Hello there, I just joined

Hello there, I just joined and thought I would contribute since I have an abundance of free time on my hands most days, and think this is an awesome project. I was looking to start working on the Molag Bal quest, and I'm glad to do any testing and bug location for things.

Pages