Pages

203 posts / 0 new
Last post
digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
[WIP] Skywind Reborn Quests hub

This forum thread is the hub for quest-related work. Please post here if you want to work on this, if you found bugs or if you just love us.

============ REQUIREMENTS ============

Skywind installer must have installed Skywind.bsa. If you removed it, I can't help you.

============ QUESTS ============

As of v0.8 a number of quests are already implemented. Find the list in the tracker. Feedback is welcome !

============ DIALOGUES ============

All dialogues have been converted in v0.6. However conditions are done manually and are still a WIP. If you see any dialogue that appears out of place (like there's no way this NPC tells you that, or a dialogue appearing in Skyrim as well, please post here or in the bug tracker).

============ PROGRESS ============

Progress can be followed here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AubmRhWYZsEbdDF...

============ FAQ / Quick bug fixes ============

The NPCs have no voice !  ... Have a look here : Skywind/Morroblivion voice acting development

I don't want your voiceovers and the dialogues flash, I can't read them! you will need something like Fuz Ro D-oh - Silent Voice

I can't start a new game in Morrowind ! Make sure you have checked "Skywind - Patch.esp" before running Skyrim.

I can't open the door at Arkngthand ! How do you want me to complete the mission for Hasphat Antabolis ?  Please download this (this adds some scripting on the external crank - this will be fixed in the next release) or just type the following in the console: coc ArkngthandHallofCentrifuge

Some things don't seem to work (for example traveling with the Stilt Striders) ! Make sure your data/scripts and data/scripts/source folders don't contain files with name starting with "FBMW" or containing "Skywind". You should not have those and you can remove them safely (they are in Skywind.bsa to avoid cluttering your install). You should only unpack your BSA file if you plan to help us work on quests/scripts.

How to start a new game ?

============ Work in progress ============

As mentioned some quests are already implemented and contributors are working every day to add the remaining ones. Please provide feedback, report bugs in the quests already included and in the WIP threads around the forum. It will help us deliver the best quality possible and faster !

Edited by: digitalparanoid on 08/25/2013 - 09:41
Mehh
Mehh's picture
Better be careful, if anyone

Better be careful, if anyone can edit it, someone might just troll you and just erase everything.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Good job for taking the

Good job for taking the initiative Digital.  Machine has already created placeholders for all the quests with correct ids and such, so we don't have to worry about that at least.

digitalparanoid
That's a good point. I just

That's a good point. I just tested and it seems I'm the only one with the list of revisions, so I can always go back to a correct revision in case of troll.

digitalparanoid
@Shadow : Yes, Machine told

@Shadow : Yes, Machine told me. I just setup my new Skywind today according the installation thread and couldn't find any quests in the master v03, so I don't know if I have the latest version or if it's not merged yet...

Mehh
Mehh's picture
You need to get into the

You need to get into the forum chat!

digitalparanoid
I need to go to sleep

I need to go to sleep actually ;) [1:30 AM]

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Oh, the master on the front

Oh, the master on the front page hasn't been updated yet.  There is a link by Machine somewhere at the end.  So that is most current, but that actually should be replaced pretty quickly.  It looks like Eloth is almost done  updating the master and getting rid of some placeholder cups.

Machine
Machine's picture
That looks great digital. I

That looks great digital. I was going to start on quests and dialog this week, but unfortunately I'm going to be tied up for the next week or so getting people's work on NPC's merged into our new master.

This should help us remain organized and hopefully we can get some more people on board to help out.

I would also like to say, even if you won't know papyrus, that's fine, all we really need done at the moment is filling in the dialog.

Maybe I'll put up a few screenshots or link an example esp later, so people can see how the process of creating quests is done.

digitalparanoid
I updated the tracker with

I updated the tracker with the information I got from the latest master.

@Machine. I was thinking about updating my tutorial http://morroblivion.com/forums/skywind/skywind-development/2800

some action items were due to the fact that we didn't have dependency to skyrim.esm, so we can remove steps

I'll try to do that this week-end.

Regarding scripts, I figure we should have an archive with the scripts file, the same way we have for meshes and textures.

digitalparanoid
yeah, got stickied

yeah, got stickied ;)

digitalparanoid
I updated the initial post. I

I updated the initial post. I also updated the conversion tutorial http://morroblivion.com/forums/skywind/skywind-development/2800 (removed a number of steps no longer necessary : aliases work should be lightened, addTopic scripts will be skipped for now, etc..)

I was playing around the CK this week-end and found one thing that is preventing us from completing quests for now : The unique NPCs are not unique for now.

I see 3 solutions for this :

• update the masters through script to have all unique NPCs really unique (don't know the feasability)
  • go manually through the unique NPCs and mark them as unique. Merge in the master. (I don't think that would impact the merge of all the previous NPC work, but I'm not 100% sure)
  • wait for NPC work completion before working on quests (problem, we have not ETA on this).

ideas ?

Mehh
Mehh's picture
From what I can tell there

From what I can tell there are a lot more unique npcs than not unique npcs.(man I worded that awful, but I just woke up) So, I think using Tes5edit and making all of our npcs unique, and adding a step to the npc creation thread that tells the creator to uncheck unique for guards would be a good idea.

When creating npcs, that unique box and the speed are one of the most annoying things when creating npcs. The unque box tends to uncheck it self for no reason and sometimes the speed will reset it self for no reason at all. So having those already set to npc creators will be a huge help and this'll help quest makers also.

digitalparanoid
Here's the list of Non Unique

Here's the list of non-unique NPCs. So all the other actors should be unique. I went manually through the list of all actors so there might be omissions or non-necessary inclusions but I guess this can be fixed later, since it's just one checkbox. Eazzy, tel me if that works for you. thanks !

Machine
Machine's picture
Sorry I wish I could help.

Sorry I wish I could help. I'm working with NPC's but it will be a long time until I'm finished. Maybe Eazzy can write a script to automate this.

If you want to help me with NPC's in the meantime, I could split my work with you so we can finish this sooner. I am just using TES5Edit to do this.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Actually I was transferring

Actually I was transferring unique flag on npcs, but CK was spitting a long list of errors that unique npc is used several times in references. So I removed them all.

If you build a full list of EditorIDs of npcs to bet set as unique (like above), it is very easy to apply that flag by script in TES5Edit.

digitalparanoid
yeah that's what I discussed

yeah that's what I discussed with Eazzy. Check "unique" for all NPCs, EXCEPT those listed. Don't know about the scripts, maybe you check them all and then uncheck those in this list ? in SQL, you would have something like "not in (XXX,YYY,ZZZ,...)"

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Can be done either way.

Can be done either way.

Eazzy
Eazzy's picture
thanks for the list,

thanks for the list, digital:)
i'll give you feedback within the next one or two hours..

Eazzy
Eazzy's picture
OK, here the skywind.esm

OK, here the skywind.esm (v0.4) with updated unique flags:
http://www.mediafire.com/?pkj8y36rg8hgj28

A few EDIDs in your list didn't match the actual EDIDs in the master, so I changed them as follows:

• 0AldRuhnNightGuardPracticeRoom -> 0AldRuhnNightGuardPracticeRoom1, 0AldRuhnNightGuardPracticeRoom2
  • 0AshGoulLeveled -> 0AshGhoulLeveled
  • 0BMUberserkerU1lvl5 -> 0BMUberserkerUm1Ulvl5
  • 0BMUberserkerU3 -> 0BMUberserkerUm3
  • 0deadSheSmaleU010deadSimpSmaleU01 -> 0deadSheSmaleU01, 0deadSimpSmaleU01
  • 0mehrunesworshipperUm01 (double entry) -> 0mehrunesworshipperUm02
  • moXdremoralord (double entry) -> <removed>
  • Skeleton -> <removed> (there is no such form in skywind.esm)
  • SkeletonDead -> <removed> (there is no such form in skywind.esm)

Here is the pascal script for TES5Edit:
http://www.mediafire.com/?yfz8y3nb8l57bva

It reads the EDIDs list in "data\Skywind_NonUniqueNPCsList.txt" and sets the unique flag for all NPC_ forms that are NOT included in the list. It further outputs some log files to the "\data" directory, e.g. a list of forms thats unique flag has been set and a list of forms thats unique flag has not been set. The zip file contains these lists as well.

If you want to double-check your npc list, you can either read the log files or better apply the script to the unprocessed esm yourself - TES5Edit will mark all edited forms in bold.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Cool Eazzy, should I update

Cool Eazzy, should I update the master thread with that link?

digitalparanoid
Thanks, eazzy !

Thanks, eazzy !

Eazzy
Eazzy's picture
Shadow wrote: Cool Eazzy,

Shadow wrote:

Cool Eazzy, should I update the master thread with that link?

I don't know if anybody is currently working on the main esm. If that's the case we should wait until the work is finished and apply the script afterwards.

digitalparanoid
I finished the first quest of

I finished the first quest of the main story line. It's there for you guys to test. It's pretty simple, since you just have to find the spymaster.

For more information, please have a look at the readme included.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-bmRhWYZsEbUkVsTFQtQW1DOUE

Feedback is welcome !

I had to modify a couple of NPCs, will remove that before merging in order to avoid conflict with the current work on NPCs.

(tracker is updated)

Frozen
Frozen's picture
I've tried this quest and it

I've tried this quest and it works ok, only problem I have is that some text subtitles disappear almost immediately and some are staying to long, but it's better long so i can skip them rather then the case when i'm not able to read it.

But if that is going to be worked on later then sorry for my comment.

digitalparanoid
@frozen it's a valid

@frozen it's a valid feedback. When testing, I was not able to reproduce in a consistent fashion so I don't have a fix yet. It's also not clear whether you can left click to skip to the next line. Sometimes it's immediate, sometimes the NPC doesn't have any line to say anymore but it's kinda stuck, like if it was still saying something. I didn't do anything particular with the lines, I just kept the default "have lip file" checkbox checked.

digitalparanoid
I created the following item

I created the following item in the bug tracker.

http://morroblivion.com/need-better-control-on-dialogue-lines

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Cool Digital, I'll try it out

Cool Digital, I'll try it out now.

Frozen
Frozen's picture
yes i can left click and skip

yes i can left click and skip the text (no problem with that). some subtitles stays to long (mostly first line in conversation and third line) so I can ether skip them or wait and they disappear (not to long and it's maybe ok if you are slow reader) but normally second line in topic (but some others as well) disappear almost immediately without having chance to even read the first word.

digitalparanoid
that's weird. I do the same

that's weird. I do the same for all lines. Have you ever tried any other quest mod (without voice acting) out there and, if so, did you experience something similar ?

Also I just tried with Elone in Seyda Need, Arrille's Tradehouse

1/ If i don't try to skip, all 4 lines pass successfully (it's even a bit long ;) )

2/ If I skip to the next line once I'm done reading the current line, I have plenty of time to read the next.

Arguably, these 4 lines are pretty long. Maybe it has an impact on display time ?

Frozen
Frozen's picture
didn't spoke to her yet but

didn't spoke to him yet but i'll try it. I didn't try eny other mods without voice, this quest is first, but my problems are when talking to caius cosades [topic for example topic orders which finishes quest] or for example the owner of southwest corner club [his second line]

edit I just find that is random which lines goes to quickly, sometimes they work ok sometimes they disappear quickly

i don't know if it's something wrong with my game hopefully someone else try it and tell if it's ok or not, it's random for me sometimes line is ok sometimes to short [but when talking to caius there are always some short lines] and I can't try Arrille's Tradehouse because it crashes when i try opening door.

edit2: ok it looks i figured it out, it didn't like my save from skyrim. when i started skywind from main menu subtitles works good, they are here to long but that's ok. so my problem must by with save game sorry for that then.

digitalparanoid
no problem. I tested directly

no problem. I tested directly from the main menu, I didn't use a previous save.

For Elone in the tradehouse, just use "coc SeydaSNeenVsArrilleAsSTradehouse".

It takes you to the second floor and you avoid the crash. Strangely enough if you save and load directly in the tradehouse it won't crash when you get to the first fllor and the entrance door.

Talking to this NPC is optional for the quest, anyway.

For the southwall cornerclub, it crashes when I go upstair, so I just enter, talk to some NPC who tells me to see with bacola and then I "prid & moveto player" bacola

Frozen
Frozen's picture
well that tradehouse still

well that tradehouse still crashes and I cant even teleport there by this coc command but that doest matter, and round southwall corner club I'm walking round only when I'm still watching ground and it still crashes a lot. But worst thing for me is that my skyrim save don't work with subtitles I wanted to play skywind with that 81 level character, to bad but it would be more fun starting skywind with new character I guess

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
http://forums.bethsoft.com/to
digitalparanoid
thanks Zilav. I updated the

thanks Zilav. I updated the first post with this link.

Frozen
Frozen's picture
that still doesn't work with

that still doesn't work with my savegame but when starting from menu it's still woks good [don't see any different with this plugin but maybe it's just me]

edit. sorry I didn't run this fuz ro doh thing right, as I can see now when I'm reading instructions properly, I'll try it again later

edit2: ok this thing is working great even with my old save, so thanks zilav

Shadow
Shadow's picture
That looks pretty good.  I'll

That looks pretty good.  I'll make a note to put that as a requirement in the installation instructions once we get our first quests merged.

digitalparanoid
I started work on

I started work on morroDefault which is the huge dialogues holder quest. All topics starting with "A" are done (no scripting done yet).

I updated the first post with a download link and the tracker.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Cool,  will those topics

Cool,  will those topics appear in any NPCs or is that just for merging purposes?

digitalparanoid
Topics will appear on the

Topics will appear on the NPCs that match the dialogue conditions. Some are very explicit, like NPC of class Savant describing Ashlanders customs, etc... Some conditions are based on NPC races (like description of aldmers, where text is not the same if you talk to an aldmer or not), some texts are just for one precise NPC (say, Artisa Sarelas has already plenty of dialogue), etc...

I think this will start to really take shape when the NPCs start to have their factions and all their details merged, all this dialogues will automatically be applied to the right NPCs.

It will be merged at some point but there's a lot of things going on right now on the master and this is not the highest priority (should wait for NPCs at the very least). I just figured it would be interesting for people to see some progress on that front ;)

Regarding morroDefaultQuest, it's not a playable quest per se, so if you download it you can only test dialogues (but this is, like, 0,2% of the total dialogue of the game, so only some NPCs will have things to say).

Shadow
Shadow's picture
That's some cool info

That's some cool info Digital, I think I'll try it out.

Ah, It says link not found when I click on it :(

digitalparanoid
thanks for spotting that. A

thanks for spotting that. A space char got itself in the link. sneaky char space ! bad char space !

Should work now.

digitalparanoid
uploaded v0.2 of

uploaded v0.2 of morrodefaultquest covering all topics starting with  A and B.

First post updated.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
That's great.  I've noticed

That's great.  I've noticed though.  When I start a new game via the console, I have to save, exit, and reload to get the dialogue to appear on NPCs.  This shouldn't appear in normal gaming conditions, so I'm not too worried, but do you know why this is?

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
http://forums.bethsoft.com/to
Shadow
Shadow's picture
Thanks Zilav.  I didn't know

Thanks Zilav.  I didn't know about that one.

digitalparanoid
Oh cool Zilav, I only knew

Oh cool Zilav, I only knew the workaround which I think I mentioned somewhere but I will write it down in the first post.

I will try to generate this seq file, although, yeah when things begin to take shape, when merged and with either a chargen process or a "travel to morrowind" mod, we'll certainly be in a different place.

digitalparanoid
@Zilav, So I tried to

@Zilav, So I tried to generate a SEQ for the 2 esps so far in TES5Edit 3.0.26 and got the following results :

Skipped: SkywindReborn - MorroDefaultQuest.esp doesn't need sequence file
[Create SEQ file done] Processed Plugins: 1 Sequence Files Created: 0

Skipped: SkywindReborn - MQ01.esp doesn't need sequence file
[Create SEQ file done] Processed Plugins: 1 Sequence Files Created: 0

any idea ?

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
It is generated only for

It is generated only for quests with "start game enabled" flag.

digitalparanoid
Actually, I just tried again,

Actually, I just tried again, directly on skywind.esm since the quests were already flagged and I got a file generated. I will add it to the download list in the first post.

digitalparanoid
Guys, I posted a link to a

Guys, I posted a link to a plugin by Machine that allows to start in the boat and to create your character. You know, like in the real game ;)

thanks Machine !

Pages