22 posts / 0 new
Last post
SquallyDaBeanz
SquallyDaBeanz's picture
Contributor
SquallyDaBeanz's Media Menagerie!

Hey kids! Did you know that SquallyDaBeanz isn't just a tireless landscaper, but a visual wizard as well? Not only does he landscape a bit of Molag Amur every now and again, he also makes videos and screenshots just for you! And did you know that it's all completely FREE? That's right kids, RIGHT NOW you can visit his youtube and imgur page to indulge yourself in the sweet visual wonders of Skywind. 

Hey all, this is just a big shout out to all who are interested in seeing some Skywind content that I've created. I enjoy photography and cinematography, especially when it comes to a game I love. I hope you will all take the time to check out my various screen captures and trailers that I've created. Read the descriptions for more information. 

Please note that most of my videos experience framerate issues and some messy editing. I tried my best to reduce them, but my editing program seems to make things even worse. Regardless, please enjoy.

Imgur -  http://squallydabeanz.imgur.com/all/

Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/SquallyDaBeanz/videos

Thanks everyone for your continued support. Feel free to leave feedback in this thread or on the youtube comments!

Edited by: grumpycat on 03/14/2014 - 21:49
digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
Your contribution is really

Your contribution is really appreciated Squally.

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Nice SquallyDaBeanz :0 I find

Nice SquallyDaBeanz :0 I find your videos pans and fade out to be the best of the bunch, I think because you're a landscaper you know what to look for and places of interest.

You have gone down in history as the fore-father of landscaping Skywind, setting the standards to which others should strive for.

SquallyDaBeanz
SquallyDaBeanz's picture
Contributor
Hey all! I'm back with

Hey all! I'm back with another video. This might be the last one I do for awhile, but it's hard to say. I need to get back to actually landscaping and making the game look good for the camera! Anyways, please read the description and enjoy. And be sure to share and leave a comment/feedback. Thanks! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYrH_cb8zeY&feature=youtu.be

QuarterChubsIV
QuarterChubsIV's picture
Hey squally fantastic work!

Hey squally fantastic work! It gave me goosebumps. I sent a news tip to gameinformer about the new trailer and they already posted about it on the site! Sorry if it was a little too fast, but I've been waiting for a super awesome trailer like this to represent skywind well.

Link: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/12/02/bring-morrowind-s-content-to-skyrim-with-skywind-mod.aspx

SquallyDaBeanz
SquallyDaBeanz's picture
Contributor
This is awesome! Thanks for

This is awesome! Thanks for giving them the tip, my views have sky rocketed since! It's nice to see this project getting the publicity it deserves.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Yeah dude that's amazing,

Yeah dude that's amazing, you've even got Gopher with you! May as well take over my channel now haha

QuarterChubsIV
QuarterChubsIV's picture
No problem Squally, its the

No problem Squally, its the least I could do. Its kinda fun spreading the word. I've been posting about it on gaming subreddits and other gaming sites aswell :D 

SquallyDaBeanz
SquallyDaBeanz's picture
Contributor
Here is a new landscape

Here is a new landscape preview for you guys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MayJPvjrCCw&feature=youtu.be I plan on doing some new videos in the future once I get the footage for the developer diary.

SquallyDaBeanz
SquallyDaBeanz's picture
Contributor
Development Video
digitalparanoid
There's a mistake in the

There's a mistake in the description. The current version is 0.9.0.1.

Video is very good and the narrator voice is just perfect :)

oath
oath's picture
SquallyDaBeanz wrote:Please

SquallyDaBeanz wrote:

Please note that most of my videos experience framerate issues

If you're not using it already, I'd recommend trying out ShadowPlay. The biggest performance drop I've had when recording is 4 frames, usually it's like 1-2.

Rhodelian
Rhodelian's picture
Why don't you ask some

Why don't you ask some modders on the Skyrim-nexus (maybe also on the Morrowind and Oblivion one), if they would feature your video in their mod descriptions? They could make a separate part in the description where they could catch the people's attention and post that video. It would be a good and easy way to promote this fantastic project. 

Serithi
Serithi's picture
Because the Nexus has made it

Because the Nexus has made it clear they don't support Skywind, and even talking about it there is pretty taboo.

Hell if i know why.

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Its because in our spare time

Its because in our spare time we practice Voodoo magic :|

thegreatgamecreator
thegreatgamecreator's picture
Shh. we aren't supposed to

Shh. we aren't supposed to talk about that.

Morrowgan
Morrowgan's picture
Why don't you collaborate

Why don't you collaborate with Tamriel Rebuilt ?

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
I don't think they support

I don't think they support us, either. Plus, someone would have to go through using our assets and replace most of the landscape (rocks, etc).

hangman04
hangman04's picture
They didn't support the

They didn't support the initial proposal for the project since it involved using directly Morrowind assets, but atm everything we have is either imported from Skyrim franchise (which is allowed) or custom made. Although it resembles Morrowind, our Morrowind is unique (from landscaping to individual objects). It takes inspiration from the game but it's not using game assets which is very different from a legal point of view, otherwise companies would sue for all themed assets created for Skyrim, like Tera / Assasin's Creed / The Witcher armors / weapons, Oblivion / Morrowind inspired weapons/cloths etc.

My only concern is the quest replication since they legally have copyright rights over them and we are using the story / text @100%. Although the coding / scripting / voice acting can be proprietary to Morroblivion.com, the rest isn't. 

If you guys feel that you need more exposure you can always try contact Nexus team / TES Alliance / Bethesda Forums to renegotiate the project status. 

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Really, because apparently

Really, because apparently for just Morrowind on it's own, only 70% of it is our stuff. Haven't you noticed all of the models, like Balmora (Hlaalu houses) for example? They're identical in shape, just different textures. I know everything will eventually be redone, but I've definitely noticed some Morrowind placeholders.

digitalparanoid
hangman04 wrote:If you guys

hangman04 wrote:

If you guys feel that you need more exposure you can always try contact Nexus team / TES Alliance / Bethesda Forums to renegotiate the project status. 

Unless asked by one of the team leaders (eloth, happychappy or myself), please do not contact Nexus / TES Alliance / Bethesda on our behalf.

thanks.

hangman04
hangman04's picture
LASentry wrote: Really,

LASentry wrote:

Really, because apparently for just Morrowind on it's own, only 70% of it is our stuff. Haven't you noticed all of the models, like Balmora (Hlaalu houses) for example? They're identical in shape, just different textures. I know everything will eventually be redone, but I've definitely noticed some Morrowind placeholders.

Apparently having same shape might not be a problem since a lot of mods introduce assets from other titles that have same shape or look similar. For example even if it has same shape once imported in an 3d editor you may find that similar assets have differences in structure (polygons / meshes etc), not to mention that textures are unique. It is inspirational but it's not the same. Basically if an author would like to add in Skyrim a village with houses that mimics (placement and shape and general looks) Balmora for example, i don't think it would have a problem with uploading it to nexus. Or i might be wrong :).