Pages

68 posts / 0 new
Last post
SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
Actor AI Packages

Just to try something completely different for me, I decided to try sandboxing and AI packages. Mainly because I shouldn't need to unlock every vendor's front door just to sell him something. So, here is a package for all of Balmora. I excluded the Council Club, guards, Cauis, and anyone outside. For the rest, there are basically three setups:

1 - Normal eat 2 meals a day, sleep in a bed, default of stay in location the rest of the time.

2 - For stores, I added the locking and unlocking of doors during business hours (8am to 8pm), though I think they don't actually lock up until the sleep package kicks in.

3 - Silt rider is so far not running the package but I think that is because the AI is to stay in place and the bedroll is too far away. I'm still playing with a package that allows 100ft distance to a bed or some other correct distance.

So far, stores are unlocking at 8am and I can enter any home or business during the day. At night, the stores and homes are locking their doors. The Guild halls stay open all day and everyone goes to bed, though it looks like we need to fix the bunkbeds. 2 people sleep together in the top bunks and no one sleeps in the bottom bed.

AttachmentSize
Binary Data SBB64_BalmoraAIPackages.esp37.19 KB
Edited by: grumpycat on 12/08/2013 - 16:32
stijmunkey
stijmunkey's picture
Contributor
Donor
Anyone figure out why they
Anyone figure out why they all say we are naked yet, when really they are the ones that are naked lol
SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
I thought that was fixed in

I thought that was fixed in the last update. My last couple of run throughs, nobody said that.

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
Yes this is fixed. I

Yes this is fixed. I basically have a script on the PC that updates a global variable for the clothes equiped value every time you equip/unequip an armor.

I just figured out later it would be better if I remembered to release it :)

digitalparanoid
Hey SBB64, I will have a

Hey SBB64, I will have a look. Thanks for another contribution :)

Just FYI, I modified AI packages for all the vendors in Skywind so that they work 12h (unlock) and sleep 12h (lock). It was a bit crude but this is doing the job. I'll figure how to take benefit of your work on the balmora vendors.

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
I had thought of doing just 2

I had thought of doing just 2 package deal like what you mentioned. However, I am hoping to get inspired enough to create packages like Skyrim has where vendors leave the shop to go eat and then come back to sleep. However, some actors have 7 or more packages in their configuration so they can do all of this. That seems excessive (but it looks good).

Trying to get a package created that lets somebody walk around town, stop for a few, walk some more, stop again, maybe eat, then walk again. Right now, all they are doing is pacing back and forth between markers and that just doesn't look right.

digitalparanoid
Sounds good. I wanted a quick

Sounds good. I wanted a quick solution for the vendors doors :)

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
Here are the guards in the

Here are the guards in the guild halls and outdoors. I just used the basic patrolidlemarker placements and had all the guards follow them around in circles. Nothing fancy and they won't stop to eat or sleep. I'm not sure what the plans will be for guards anyway. Since there aren't any beds for them, I don't see a need for very immersive AI packages. I'm sure someone can modify this later to really make it look more impressive than what I did here.

BTW, I found that if a maker is outside of the grid the guard is created in, the pathing seems to break once they get to that location. I had hoped to path them around the water area crossing the bridges but that didn't work for some reason. So they stay on their own sides and just walk up and down the river. Others go in circle patrols around their area. At least they don't all hang out in front of the Mage's Guild anymore!

AttachmentSize
Plain text icon SBB64_BalmoraPatrols1.esp7.66 KB
digitalparanoid
cool

cool :)

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Nice work SBB

Nice work SBB :)

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
Caldera. This includes the

Caldera. This includes the mine, though I doubt there are any bedrolls in the mine to sleep on. The guards in town seem to be setup different from Balmora. I am seeing guards with the names of day and night. So... is the plan that some guards will be visible during the day and then replaced with the other guard at night? Unfortunately, I didn't include any such code. What you have here is both of them walking their paths 24x7 (such dedication). Stores, mage guild, and homes are all included. I didn't modify the Scamp. Not sure what AI package he should have.

AttachmentSize
Plain text icon SBB64_CalderaPackages.esp24.28 KB
eloth
eloth's picture
just feel free to add any

just feel free to add any beds/bedrolls where missing

DIYDeath
DIYDeath's picture
Downloaded, will begin stress

Downloaded, will begin stress testing shortly.

digitalparanoid
These 3 esp are now merged in

These 3 esp are now merged in 0.8.2

anathemastudio
anathemastudio's picture
Hey SBB64 and digitalparanoid

Hey SBB64 and digitalparanoid - you'll be seeing a lot of my posts on your threads here.

I noticed that Sbb64 is doing mostly ai on the west coast of Vardin.

What if I take care of ai on the east coast and any islands off the east coast (like Tel ** and so on)?
This would include any ashlander camps that happen to be in that general area - since most of the camps are there that should work out pretty well to make them uniform. Would that work for you?

I'll check back tomorrow - I don't want to step on any toes .

Have a good one!

digitalparanoid
That works for me

That works for me :)

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
I'm mostly following the

I'm mostly following the areas that I normally travel through for guild quests. Since most of them are on the west coast, those towns/cities are getting updated first. It would be good to have somebody work from the other side of the map.

DIYDeath
DIYDeath's picture
Skyrim quit on me so I had to

Skyrim quit on me so I had to fresh install, I'll resume testing this weekend.

CiaranB123
CiaranB123's picture
After talking to eloth, he

After talking to eloth, he guided me towards doing the AI packages for Dagon Fel, just saying this so that no one else does this and then we have two versions ;).

anathemastudio
anathemastudio's picture
Sweet! Thanx guys I'll stick

Sweet! Thanx guys :)

I'll stick to the west coast and islands area, and forgo Dagon Fel too.

Just Quick Question to double check - we are starting with a vanilla morrowind?

I'll keep y'all updated on progress

anathemastudio
anathemastudio's picture
Hi guys Sorry it's been a

Hi guys :)
Sorry it's been a couple wks since I posted to this site - I was in the hospital for 3 wks (yuck). But I'm home now and back to working, so just dropping in to keep my work updated.

I am still working on the AI for Morrowind West coast & the islands (except dagon fel of course). I will post files as soon as I have at least an entire town's AI taken care of or if a problem arises - so far everything is smooth sailing though.

Have a good one!

ArchieVision
ArchieVision's picture
I would like to help a little

I would like to help a little with this. Has anyone started on Sayde Need? That town really lags me out with all the actors having a buff party. If not, I will do what I can and post it here. 

digitalparanoid
I *think* some work was done

I *think* some work was done on seyda neen but it's bugged with all people gathering together. So you can go and update the schedules if you want.

ArchieVision
ArchieVision's picture
Ok thanks. I will get on it
Ok thanks. I will get on it tonight.
anathemastudio
anathemastudio's picture
anathemastudio wrote: I am

anathemastudio wrote:

I am still working on the AI for Morrowind West coast & the islands (except dagon fel of course). I will post files as soon as I have at least an entire town's AI taken care of or if a problem arises...

Hi SBB64 :)

I'd like to change the area I'm working on for quests and ai from the West Coast and Islands to Tri instead. I am already working on Tri for Morroblivion, so this would be the faster way to get this done I think.

Please let me know if this is okay.

Have a good one!

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
I haven't been working on

I haven't been working on this for awhile now. I finished up the Cult quests and need to start back on this. So whatever areas you want to jump on are available to you.

anathemastudio
anathemastudio's picture
SBB64 wrote: I haven't been

SBB64 wrote:

I haven't been working on this for awhile now. I finished up the Cult quests and need to start back on this. So whatever areas you want to jump on are available to you.

Great - thanks SBB64 :)

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
Ald'Ruhn folk. No guards. I

Ald'Ruhn folk. No guards.

I haven't done an AI package in awhile now but after doing the Legion quests and getting tired of everyone just standing around all day, I decided to get back to these again.

AttachmentSize
Plain text icon SBB64_Skywind_AIPackagesAldRuhn.esp56.22 KB
SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
One person I had skipped in

One person I had skipped in Ald'Ruhn was Dandera, the blacksmith. She seems to stay outside her house 24x7. So I spent today learning how to fix this. Here is an AI package just for her. She will leave the house at 8am to be outside until 8pm/20. Then she goes back in, sleeps at 10pm/22. I have her lock the house during the sleep period but the doors are unlocked otherwise. I did find that if the doors are locked, the AI seems to freeze and the person can't travel between locations. But have them unlock their door(s), and everything works fine.

Also, here is some generic AI for the Legion forts of Buck, Moth, and Ebonheart.

digitalparanoid
That's great. This is indeed

That's great. This is indeed bringing a lot of life to the world.

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
Dagon Fel.

Dagon Fel.

AttachmentSize
Plain text icon SBB64_Skywind_AIPackages_DagonFel.esp10.01 KB
Trenrommel
Trenrommel's picture
I have brought some life to

I have brought some life to Khuul

AttachmentSize
Plain text icon TRKhuulAI.esp261.57 KB
digitalparanoid
Good work you two.

Good work you two.

Trenrommel
Trenrommel's picture
Ald Velothi

Ald Velothi

AttachmentSize
Plain text icon TRAldVelothiAI.esp179.69 KB
digitalparanoid
Nice

Nice

Trenrommel
Trenrommel's picture
Maar Gan

Maar Gan

AttachmentSize
Plain text icon TRMaarGanAI.esp166.35 KB
digitalparanoid
I was just testing Ald

I was just testing Ald Velothi. Very good job :)

Trenrommel
Trenrommel's picture
Oh yeah I was happy about

Oh yeah I was happy about that one! Check out the shrine in Maar Gan

digitalparanoid
Everything up to this point

Everything up to this point has been merged.

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
Here are two small AI

Here are two small AI packages for Balmora. I took two outdoor guards that are unique and gave them a schedule to go sleep in the guard towers. The other package is for people who are normally outdoors during the day. I setup some paths for them to patrol and based on MorrOblivion, I gave them sleep packages at the temple since it seems to have more beds than personnel.

I'm not seeing everything working the way I wanted it to and some actors jump from one patrol path to another instead of staying on their own path. Not sure if there are any mesh problems causing this or what the reason is. But so far it is still better than everyone just standing around.

digitalparanoid
great

great :)

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
I think I've discovered why

I think I've discovered why some of the actors aren't following their paths but are following others. There must be a mesh problem still with parts of Balmora (not sure who is working on this). For example, actors can't walk through the archways in East Balmora from the canal towards South Corner. On the west side, the alleyway between the large plaza of guilds and the canal is also impassible for them. I've also noticed that I can't get paths to work across the bridges. As a side, if you stand on the north bridge for too long, the game crashes. This is repeatable.

Therefore these AI packages only somewhat work for now. They should be a good way to test the area meshes later once everything is fixed. Even if that means I am wrong and something else is causing this problem. I'll continue making other packages to fill out the life of Balmora and some other nearby towns.

ArchieVision
ArchieVision's picture
Sounds like a names issue. I
Sounds like a names issue. I will take a look tonight and fix it if it needs it. Balmora is a major hub and needs to be done but it also needs to be landscaped and recluttered 1st.
SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
Great. Thanks for looking

Great. Thanks for looking into it.

Attached is a small package for Caldera. Ned and Keel. Ned stays outside of his home until the IC quest for clearing out the ghost is set to 15. Then he stays in. Keel goes out for the day but stays near her home. I based this of TES3 which kept her outdoors all the time. Everyone else in town seems to stay indoors all the time. Maybe I'll make some changes later to that.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Can you test these meshes?

Can you test these meshes? They were fixed by Ormin's -0 collision fixer. I just stood on the bridges in the north and south in Balmora with his meshes, and didn't experience a crash. Oh, and it also fixed some of the Mournhold interiors' crashes, which is neat.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzqpBc4MrAMXOG85QTFwSXctVFU/...

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
I'll give it a try.

I'll give it a try. Downloading now.

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
The mesh updates fix the

The mesh updates fix the strange crash when standing on any of the bridges. It doesn't fix the path problems with any walking around. Right now, the only area that seems to work fine is the upper plaza area with 2 guards and Stargel who I now have walking around the area in a large circle all day. I do have him set to go to the temple to sleep at night but that doesn't seem to work. I suspect it is also problem with not being able to walk there. No one uses the outdoor stairways in Balmora. So I assume those still need to be cleaned up.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Sounds like a navmesh

Sounds like a navmesh problem, or the guards are having issues walking up the bridge steps.

digitalparanoid
Everything up to this point

Everything up to this point has been merged.

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
Working on the rest of the

Working on the rest of the people of Gnisis. The miners and farmers are already posted here. I have several patrols around town with 2 guards per. There are separate day and night patrols. The Navmesh must be really hosed around the western part of Gnisis because I can't seem to get anyone moving. Guards and outdoor storeowners all just stand in one spot 24x7.

Patrols in other parts of town work. Interiors of Fort Darius, Barracks, and Madach inn all seem to have problems with NPCs moving around. I noticed with the Eggmine and now with the Barracks that the door to the outdoors is not considered the primary starting spot (if that term makes sense). Actors appear near another doorway and then all bunch up at that spot without being able to walk anywhere. In the Barracks, this is the Talos shrine area. So the building appears empty when you first enter because everyone is spawned at the wrong location. In the Eggmine, the door going into the Queen's area is the primary point that all actors start at (exception in all cases seem to be if I've specified an Xmarker for that actor in their AI, if just the cell they spawn at the door).

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
Made a few changes.

Made a few changes. Originally I had made Sleep packages which pointed to specific beds. That doesn't work well if you have multiple actors use the same package. They all stand on top of the bed like 3 year olds in a pillow fight. So I changed it to just point to the cell. Now they spawn in beds correctly. The fact that most of the beds in the game still have problems (actors sink deep into them or float above them) is a minor point.

The stairs in the Madach Tradehouse and Barracks can't be used very well without jumping. Maybe that is why actors still can't move around very well. I added some sweeping idles to both places. The Barracks also has idles for weapon cleaning. I was hoping to use an idea of weapon swinging but I guess that only applies to combat dummies.

Any who, here is a package for almost everyone else in Gnisis. I still need to work on Widow Vabdas (make her go outside to farm the muck), and Hentus (guy in river needing pants). Ilasour Tansumiran has a Gnisis miner AI package but it turns out he is the guy you can hire for your mine if you do the Redoran Stronghold. So I really should give him a new AI that moves him to that mine once the quest level hits the right stage. He doesn't move in TES3, so this would be an improvement.

AttachmentSize
Binary Data Gnisis AI packages46.13 KB

Pages