8 posts / 0 new
Last post
SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
Blades Trainers - a small mod package

I updated Caius's dialogs about the Blades trainers. You will now get a quest to go visit all of them. They in turn will give you a gift or advice, just like they did in TES3. I have not made any of them trainers, though Nine-Toes is already a sneak trainer from the trainer mod I already uploaded.

Some issues - This updates a few scripts that are packed in the BSA file. Therefore, they won't work unless you already extracted and removed the BSA. Also, since some of the trainers are behind locked doors, you won't get a dialog with them, they just tell you to get out.

AttachmentSize
File BladesTrainersQuest.rar17.38 KB
Edited by: grumpycat on 03/14/2014 - 20:35
Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
Donor
Great job dude!

Great job dude!

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
Since the plan is to try to

Since the plan is to try to keep all dialogs in their original topic locations (something that seems to be a challenge for triggering quests in TES5), I rebuilt this mod to keep the dialogs where they originated. I did have to move the topic of "I only train other blades" because that was higher in the order and therefore triggers before the dialog of "here have this item".

I also updated Rithleen's and Surane's home interiors to now be flagged "Public" like Nine-Toes and Gildan. This keeps them from telling you that "you shouldn't be here" and therefore ignoring your attempts to talk. You get each questline from Caius by asking about each trainer. 6 of them will also increase a skill for free. Later on I can add real trainer settings but this requires modifying the Class and that causes condition problems for other dialogs.

Is it a known bug that the area around Sjorvar Horse-Mouth (Northwest of Caldera) is all black? I could still move to him and talk but I couldn't get the screen to go back to normal until I fast traveled away from there.

AttachmentSize
File SBB_Blades.rar22.68 KB
thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
There are a ton of quests

There are a ton of quests that need lines moved to the appropriate quest.  Otherwise, converting those quests will basically be impossible.

I think digitalparanoid was moving them all, and asked us not to move them so there wouldn't be work overlap.

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
He had asked me not to move

He had asked me not to move them at all. Mainly so it would be easier to link in their audio files. But I have been beating my head into the wall trying to get some quests to run properly with their dialogs scattered. Even with updating the properties correctly, sometimes they just won't trigger. I move the branch, and it works perfectly. I have others that jump around and work just fine. Go figure.

In the meantime, I am redoing the Cult and Temple quests. I found that some quests won't start at all even if you force it from the command line. The issue seems to be with using Alias and how you reference them. So I have now gotten several quests that wouldn't work before to now work as they should. Adding in AddToMap and a few other commands to some quests as well.

Oh, and there seems to be no shortage of variations to a magical item. There is 0magicring and 1magicring and fbmwmagicring. Guess what? The quest person wears one version and the questor seems to always ask for another. So I'm going through the quests and trying to match these all up as well. I'm sure at the end of all this, I will find I selected the version which will be deleted from the final game. Lady Luck and I don't always get along...

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
tested and merged in 0.8.2

tested and merged in 0.8.2 :)

anathemastudio
anathemastudio's picture
Hey SBB64 and digitalparanoid

Hey SBB64 and digitalparanoid -

I'm new to the group, let me know if there's anything I can help with for the blades trainers.

Have a good one!

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
I tested this quest and it's

I tested this quest and it's ok (now merged). There are a lot of other quests to implement, look for the quests stick thread, there is a tracker. If you want to work on some, just say so and we'll reserve them for you.

http://morroblivion.com/forums/skyrim/skywind-mod-releases/3306