16 posts / 0 new
Last post
SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
Master Trainers

Attached is the ESP and script files for the master trainers. Most of the original trainers I was able to carry over. However, there is no 2handed trainer in Morrowind. So I used the Spear master trainer as the 2handed. Obviously you need two hands for this weapon, so...

I had to make a new class for each trainer. I copied their original class to a new one and added the skill and Master to the end of the name, ie. 0TraderServiceSpeechcraftMaster, etc. This should carry over all properties from the original class, but since Skyrim defines trainers at the class level, I wanted to make sure not all 109 alchemist could teach Alchemy to level 100.

The only trainer I'm not a fan of is the Enchanting master because he is flagged as an enemy and you have to charm him in some way to get him to teach. Since I don't have those spells right now, my character had to fight instead. Maybe some other character should be used instead?

AttachmentSize
File SBB64_MasterTrainers.rar37.75 KB
Edited by: grumpycat on 03/14/2014 - 20:39
Mehh
Mehh's picture
Yeah, Morrowind had a lot of

Yeah, Morrowind had a lot of trainers labeled as enemies, and forced you to sneak up on them or charm them for training. I guess it was their own way of making the charm spell useful. but most people won't even know if they're trainers, and will probably kill them anyway.

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
Is there a list of trainers

Is there a list of trainers from Morroblivion? I can't figure out the older CK to see which people have training services and what they train in. I just created a speadsheet of the original Morrowind trainers and am trying to match up trainers but I'm now at a point where it may be easier to visit each person to see what they train in. What a pain.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morr
SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
Uhm, no. Sorry if I wasn't

Uhm, no.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I was asking for a list of the trainers in the MorrOblivion mod, not the original game. I have that list. I am assuming we should try to use the same actors in this mod, where we can.

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
SBB64, I wouldn't worry about

SBB64, I wouldn't worry about copying Morroblivion's master trainers.  We had to make a lot of compromises because of the different skills between the two games, and the fact that in Morrowind one NPC can train in three different skills, whereas in Oblivion they will only train one skill.  It's kind of a hash.  So I'd just go with whatever your heart desires ;-)

Great work on the merchants and trainers by the way; you're awesome!!!

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
The master trainers are now

The master trainers are now merged. Someone wants to work on the "non-master" trainers ?

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
I have some already lined up.

I have some already lined up. I just wanted to wait on the next build to see if I was missing something before adding more. I hope to have at least 1 common level (50) and one expert level (75) trainer per skill. Some will have more.

This isn't stopping anybody else! If someone wants to give this a try, go for it. But please send me a message so I don't duplicate your work and give digital a mess to try to merge.

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
Attached are some trainers.

Attached are some trainers. Every skill now has at least one common and one expert level trainer. I have it all on a spreadsheet as well. I'll post that as well.

AttachmentSize
File Trainers.xlsx225.39 KB
File SBB64Trainers.rar75.34 KB
thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Nice job!  You're really

Nice job!  You're really knocking out a lot of work on this stuff. 

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
Thanks. At some point, I plan

Thanks. At some point, I plan to go back and add some common/novice trainers to the guilds for their required specialties. Just need to flesh out which skills are important to each guild.

Besides, this doesn't require any serious coding. So I can handle it! The code for the IC quests has been very frustrating. I'll be glad when I get it finished this week.

digitalparanoid
@SBB64 I was looking at your

@SBB64

I was looking at your esp before merging and we actually have a little issue, you changed the class of all the NPC to set them to your new trainer classes. Unfortunately that breaks a number of things, like dialogues. Is there a way to use something else than new classes, like factions for example?

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
According to the tutorials,

According to the tutorials, it is now the class which defines trainers and what level they can train you up to. They are also in factions which is what you have to check to make sure they don't try to train you beyond their max level. Unless somebody has a script idea, I'm not sure how else to do this. That is also why I just duplicated their original class and adding training to it. I was hoping that would still allow them to have dialogs about their trade. Is it possible to just add in these classes to the conditions for which My Trade dialog they should have?

digitalparanoid
hum. I'll have a look... The

hum. I'll have a look... The dialogues based on class are not just "my trade" unfortunately...

digitalparanoid
This has been merged in 0.8.1

This has been merged in 0.8.1

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
Cool, I was waiting for this

Cool, I was waiting for this merger so I could see about adding trainers within the guilds (who aren't already included). I can update the Blades Trainers quest for novice level training as well.