Last post
chainedwarhead9
chainedwarhead9's picture
smithing

so i am trying to get all of the armor and weapon smithing in order 

HEAVY ARMOR

IRON: Iron, 

STEEL: Steel 

IMPERIAL: Imperial Steel, Imperial Templar, Imperial Chain Armor(its met to be medium) Imperial Silver(Incomplete Set), Imperial Dragon Scale(Incomplete Set)

EBONY: Ebony

DAEDRIC: Daedric (Including the different masks requiring different ingredients)

DWEMER: Dwarven

LIGHT ARMOR

GLASS: Glass

ELVEN SMITHING: Netch Leather, Bonemold(Armun-anbonemold, Gah-julan bonemold) Chitin, Chitin Heavy, (Great house armor will be available if you belong to the house), Dreugh(Incomplete)

NORDIC: Nordic Fur Armor, Nordic Troll Bone(Incomplete set), Nordic Iron(Incomplete Set)Nordic Iron Plate

ORCISH: Orcish.  This is most of the armor i didnt include some armor like cloth bracers and indori armor ordinators will attack you if they see you in it. But for the one not in it i geuss you can find it yourself if you really want it but tell me what you guys think and what i should change

Edited by: grumpycat on 03/14/2014 - 22:26
TheMaskedFelon
TheMaskedFelon's picture
I REALLY don't think we

I REALLY don't think we should be quite as charitable as Skyrim was with smithing. For example, why should we just let the player craft a set of Daedric armor, which is supposed to be a legendary set of top-quality protection from the depths of Oblivion itself, after practicing by making a bunch of cheap iron daggers? I liked the earlier proposed idea where players would require special training to craft higher-tier armors. I mean, according to lore, the art of making glass armor is supposed to have been a well-kept secret until it was finally shared with a few lucky smiths. Logically, the player couldn't possibly make that through trial-and-error. You should need to get special training for that. And as for Daedric, that in particular should be kept as something the player has to find.

Nebbie
Nebbie's picture
This should probably be low

This should probably be low priority and something to consider later on. I think though that this is a good idea. Skywind armor shouldn't be craftable unless it's low tier or you've done a prerequisite.

chainedwarhead9
agreed

ya i think the player should do some sort of quest to get the training i like how your thinking though in morrowind you had to find all of the pices (VERY hard for me  untill i killed that telvani guy) but the temple has quests dealing with daedra so i think you should only be able to craft it through a daedric forge of some sort and for glass i think you should get it from some smith on a quest 

chainedwarhead9
and also we should get

and also we should get someone to desing the in-complete armor sets like nordic troll bone and imperial dragon scale

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
we could have a category

we could have a category called unique which could have, well, unique armors like imperial dragonscale.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
1. No crafting in Skywind

1. No crafting in Skywind except alchemy, only as an optional plugin as other features that were not present in Morrowind.

2. Why do people like to discuss irrelevant things that should be added only when project is almost done? By the time that happens (1-2 years from now) those who discuss it now will be long gone.

I sense another "transition" thread.

If you really want to help, go do something meaningful like fixing lighting in interiors for example, navmesh, or repaint landscape with black spots/sand. I even made a list with problematic cells some time ago. Such tasks can be done even by monkeys and don't require any special knowledge, talent or $$$ software.

cathodoluminescence
cathodoluminescence's picture
Monkeys

zilav wrote:

If you really want to help, go do something meaningful like fixing lighting in interiors for example, navmesh, or repaint landscape with black spots/sand. I even made a list with problematic cells some time ago. Such tasks can be done even by monkeys and don't require any special knowledge, talent or $$$ software.

@zilav:

Only things I saw the last weeks was a guide for clothing. But that appears to be unfinished as far as I see... Thus, I would be cool I someone could pin 1-2 short threads with tasks (and guides) for us monkeys :-)

Cheers CL