8 posts / 0 new
Last post
DunmerRaiz
DunmerRaiz's picture
Levitation

I'm not sure if this has already been brought up, but I was wondering; how are you guys going to pull off levitation in Skywind? Because Morrowind had levitation spells and potions. I was wondering how you were going to do it. I thought it would be hard to do...

Until I saw this mod!: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29600/?

This mod shows a levitation spell that works the same as Morrowind's. I think you guys should incorporate the mod into Skywind.

Edited by: grumpycat on 03/14/2014 - 22:27
digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
Thanks for the link ! I know

Thanks for the link !

I know we package a levitation script that we got from a mod ressource (with author's agreement), so we normally have the magic effect (thanks to Sammael). I didn't test it myself in-game.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
The open cities mod is pretty

The open cities mod is pretty annoying in Skyrim, the doorways don't look the same on the outside as they do on the inside and the author put a disgusting ash texture on the ground to cover up the seems. But levitation has always been apart of Morrowind so i guess you should contact the author and see if we can redistribute it later. Otherwise people will just have to get it separately. 

Nebbie
Nebbie's picture
I wondered why there was a

I wondered why there was a heap of charcoal sitting under Whiterun's door. Thought it was a mod conflict. At least Oblivion gate ruins are configurable now (the author really shouldn't've put them in in the first place, since the point of the mod was to make cities open and NOT to add things to them).

Open Cities is for stuff in Skyrim. It really has nothing to do with the Skywind project (which has a stated goal of not affecting things in the Skyrim worldspace).

Mehh
Mehh's picture
A lot of spells are actually

A lot of spells are actually fixed up and working. I think only detect key and detect enchantment are the ones that weren't fixed.

Also I think this is the levitation spell mod we're using, only issue is that you have to hold down the magic key to fly, so making a levitation potion or scroll isn't doable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTXxm7EcbcQ

DunmerRaiz
DunmerRaiz's picture
I only included the open

I only included the open cities mod for those who want it in Skyrim, but otherwise, you're right. The mod is horrible. I already deleted it. As for the levitation spell, I haven't tested it yet, been too busy. Sorry for not noticing that you had to use the spell key to do it. However, this shows that Levitation is doable in Skyrim. With the ability to levitate in Skyrim doable, and with the throwing darts mod, Skywind is getting closer to feel  more like Morrowind.

Edit: I deleted the Open city mod from my post.

Ice
Ice's picture
Regarding the levitation

Regarding the levitation spell mod, it looks sweet. And after looking at the script, it looks like the effect could be used in potions, scrolls, and enchantments (boots of windwalking, anyone?) with very little script adjustment.... I think.

DunmerRaiz
DunmerRaiz's picture
Yeah two features I really

Yeah two features I really missed from Morrowind, was the ability to levitate, and throw weapons. Now they're mods for that.