25 posts / 0 new
Last post
GendunDrup
GendunDrup's picture
Give Skywind NPCs Clothing (Guide)

As some of you might know, we're having to manually add clothing to all the NPCs in Skywind. I'm making this guide so you all can help. Many of you roam the forums making suggestions, but this is your chance to get in on the action.

First, Skyrim.esm is too large for the CK to run the Skyrim esm and the Skywind esm so here's a stripped down version of the Skyrim.esm for you to work with. Make sure to back up your Skyrim.esm before putting the stripped down version in your data. You will have to reinstall if you accidentally replace your Skyrim.esm with the stripped down version.

http://www.sureai.de/development/resources/?lang=en

Next, go to the Morrowind Construction Set and find the items that the NPC you're trying to dress has.

Next, add bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1 under [General] in SkyrimEditor.ini in your /Skyrim folder.

Next, open up the Construction Kit and go to the Actor Window and find the NPC you want to add clothes to.

Then go to the inventory tab

Then select the outfit you want the NPC to wear and press OK.

The Outfits are the things under Outfit Objects

BAM! That Skywind NPC is no longer naked and you just made the developement of Skywind a little easier. 

And I don't mean to sound rude, but going around the website and making weird, unreasonable suggestions doesn't actually help in the project. Depending on how much spam it generates, it could even hinder it. THIS is how you help in the project. Look how simple that is?

I used Screenshots from the Creation Kit website

Be free to add suggestions or ask questions on how to improve this guide.

Edited by: grumpycat on 03/14/2014 - 19:39
Mehh
Mehh's picture
Okay, I highly suggest that

Okay, I highly suggest that you suggest people to backup their Skyrim.esm, because if they replace their Skyrim.esm with the stripped one, and try to play Skyrim, well, you'll have to re-download Skyrim lols.

Also, you'll need to use the Morrowind CS to find out which clothes/armor/weapon the npc has in the first place.

GendunDrup
GendunDrup's picture
Alright, thank you. I'll add

Alright, thank you. I'll add that.

SquallyDaBeanz
SquallyDaBeanz's picture
Contributor
Also to load multiple master

Also to load multiple master files in the CK, (Skyrim.esm and Skywind.esm) you need to add bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1 under [General] in SkyrimEditor.ini in your /Skyrim folder.

GendunDrup
GendunDrup's picture
Alright, I got it in.

Alright, I got it in.

Nebbie
Nebbie's picture
What about the sleep outfits?

What about the sleep outfits? If sleep outfits are to be done at all, there should be a generalized way of making an NPC's sleep outfit.

Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
Two suggestions: 1. I might

Two suggestions:

1. I might be missing it, but shouldn't there be a step of "Create the new outfit for the NPC you're working on and add the proper clothing to it" right after "Next, go to the Morrowind Construction Set and find the items that the NPC you're trying to dress has."?

2. Steps like "Change your .ini" and "Open the CK" should go at the very beginning of this guide. You only need to change your .ini once, and you only need to open your CK once per session. As it is, I think those steps are cluttering up the workflow proposed in this guide.

Hope this helps. =)

GendunDrup
GendunDrup's picture
To change the sleep outfit,

To change the sleep outfit, do the same thing in those steps except change the sleep outfit instead of the default outfit. This should be discussed though because NPCs didn't sleep in Morrowind, thus no sleep outfit.

Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
As far as I know, sleep

As far as I know, sleep outfits don't actually work in Skyrim. It's a feature that was added to the CK that never actually made it to the game.

GendunDrup
GendunDrup's picture
Ah, nevermind that then. 

Ah, nevermind that then. 

Nebbie
Nebbie's picture
Oh, the other thread on

Oh, the other thread on clothing said that it worked and had been in since Oblivion (reading up on a Nexus thread shows that it DID work in Oblivion, but doesn't in Skyrim). Nevermind then about sleep outfits.

GendunDrup
GendunDrup's picture
I read that it can be fixed

I read that it can be fixed with the NPC editor.

Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
Oblivion didn't have outfits

Oblivion didn't have outfits like Skyrim does. NPCs just put on whatever gear had the highest monetary value. AI packages had a "Don't equip armor" checkbox that was applied to most sleep packages, so that they'd sleep in normal clothes.

As far as I know, Skyrim AI packages have no such option. Ultimately, Skyrim is less advanced in terms of pajama application. =(

(This is all off the top of my head. I could be mistaken.)

GendunDrup
GendunDrup's picture
Another great potential

Another great potential feature for Skyrim that Bethesda is too lazy to implement. Just like the 3 DLCs vs the 10 for Oblivion and Morrowind.

Nebbie
Nebbie's picture
Back to the topic:there's an

Back to the topic:there's an automatic master switcher for Skyrim.esm. Really, you should probably include a link to the Skywind Project Release Thread instead of duplicating the instructions on the basics of working with Skywind in the CK.

alexanderb
alexanderb's picture
Contributor
i guess ill do it. ill start

i guess ill do it. ill start adding some tonight

stijmunkey
stijmunkey's picture
Contributor
Donor
Every npc has a slot for a
Every npc has a slot for a regular outfit and a slot for a sleeping outfit. Not sure if that means anything to you guys but I saw talk of pajamas lol, not sure that makes them equip their sleeping outfit though script wise Edit: read back further lol already answered doesn't work in Skyrim just a feature that was added but not implemented, ignore my post lol
GendunDrup
GendunDrup's picture
stijmunkey wrote:Every npc

stijmunkey wrote:

Every npc has a slot for a regular outfit and a slot for a sleeping outfit. Not sure if that means anything to you guys but I saw talk of pajamas lol, not sure that makes them equip their sleeping outfit though script wise

theres an option in the CK but Bethesda never finished making it

Nebbie
Nebbie's picture
AI packages contain a flag

AI packages contain a flag that sets use of the sleep outfit. According to the Creation Kit website, it wasn't unfinished; this flag was disabled for the final game ( http://www.creationkit.com/Package_Flags ). Without the flag having an effect, NPCs will never use their sleep outfit.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
I agree with Mooncat, this

I agree with Mooncat, this guide shows nothing that should be done. Where is the creation of custom outfits for NPCs out of armor/clothing items from Morrowind's CS?

You are just assigning an existing Skyrim's outfit to Morrowind's NPCs, exactly what I've done for Skyblivion with script in 2 minutes to dress everyone.

Nebbie
Nebbie's picture
We definitely need a

We definitely need a specified way of figuring out what should go in the outfit (for item names). I don't think you can simply add in whatever Morrowind called an item and expect it to work when those items are actually implemented.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Why bother with sleeping

Why bother with sleeping outfits,?,when the NPC`s are not wearing clothes or armour they are in thier underwear,so I guess they could just take off thier clothes/armour and sleep,np.

And in all of the TES games they always sleep on the bed with no sheets anyway and unless the "see me sleep" mod is used only the countdown is seen.?

alexanderb
alexanderb's picture
Contributor
i put 0SW(NPC-ID) i use SW

i put 0SW(NPC-ID)

i use SW for skywind because they neeed to be different from the npc's ID, i finished argonians

alenmartin16
alenmartin16's picture
good guide
I wanted to thank you for this great post!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post nice guidnic.
apparelnbags.com/nike-golf/index.htm

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Ummm this is a bit outdated,

Ummm this is a bit outdated, we actually have a script that'll do all the work for us, we're just not using yet, because we don't actually have the clothes/armor. In the current version, all the npcs have their proper weapons(some weapons are invisible lol), magic, and aggression.

Last week we were actually having a discussion whether or not to double all the npc's levels to give the player a challenge, but then we came across the whole balancing issues, and none of us wanted to discuss that at the moment, so we left it alone.