Contributor
Donor
Cool now all he needs is a
Cool now all he needs is a couple horns on his head! Awesome work
alexanderb
alexanderb's picture
Contributor
try to build the models

try to build the models around the skeletons of creatures in the game, makes it much easier to rig.

SheepDogWoof
SheepDogWoof's picture
 Here, could you tell me

*Edited to fix my horrible stupidity....*

Here, could you tell me what you think looks perfect, what you think looks close to the original, and what doesn't look close? I want little details, anything you think needs to be changed, anything. Keep in mind that the original model is in a crouched position though :P so try to imagine the proportions if it were standing in the position that my model is.

The one on the *LEFT* is before, original model in the middle obviously, and the one on the *RIGHT* is the most recent version.

Particularly look at the arms, legs, and mouth shape, I was messing with those the most recently.

I'm getting an internal server error when trying to upload pictures. So here's a link, its full size too, so its better than uploading it on here anyway.

http://i.cubeupload.com/5tiCoz.png

*Edit* the internal server error fixed itself, so here it is, though I still suggest clicking the link above^ as that is the full sized version

Nebbie
Nebbie's picture
The tail should be up more.

The tail should be up more. That's how it maintains balance. A similar problem applies to the legs; they look much better in the one on the right (are you sure you didn't mix up directions? To me, the one on the right looks generally closer to the original and better).

The arms should be longer and the shoulders less broad. Also, the head back thingy needs to be a bit shorter and with more rounded edges.

Also, you need to generally make a lot of areas just a little thinner. It looks too fat and round, but this is probably mostly because you haven't started on the details. I think the model on the right is actually better in this regard.

The front of the head is probably the only part I would call near perfect.

SheepDogWoof
SheepDogWoof's picture
Nebbie wrote:The tail should

Nebbie wrote:

The tail should be up more. That's how it maintains balance. A similar problem applies to the legs; they look much better in the one on the right (are you sure you didn't mix up directions? To me, the one on the right looks generally closer to the original and better).

The arms should be longer and the shoulders less broad. Also, the head back thingy needs to be a bit shorter and with more rounded edges.

Also, you need to generally make a lot of areas just a little thinner. It looks too fat and round, but this is probably mostly because you haven't started on the details. I think the model on the right is actually better in this regard.

The front of the head is probably the only part I would call near perfect.

LOL I did infact mix up my left and right... forgot to do the hand gestures you know >_>

Yeah, so pretty much all of your complaints were addressed.... I'm just an idiot...

When I was reading your post I was like, what is up with this guy's eyes? The legs and arms are SO much closer to the original in the picture on the left... >_>;

Then I realised that I can't tell left from right...

GendunDrup
GendunDrup's picture
Are you gonna add all the

Are you gonna add all the extra details that the first model had? Or are you going to go strictly with the original design?

thegreatgamecreator
thegreatgamecreator's picture
Are you guys making low poly

Are you guys making low poly models for these too? If we want to get these In game there needs to be a low poly made. You can either model a low poly separately to fit the high poly or just mesh decimate to the correct poly count. Either way we should get these uv'd, baked,textured, and converted so we can get them in game. 

SheepDogWoof
SheepDogWoof's picture
thegreatgamecreator2

thegreatgamecreator2 wrote:

Are you guys making low poly models for these too? If we want to get these In game there needs to be a low poly made. You can either model a low poly separately to fit the high poly or just mesh decimate to the correct poly count. Either way we should get these uv'd, baked,textured, and converted so we can get them in game. 

I always make sure to keep them rather low poly from the start.

The Clannfear is only a few hundred polys over 1mil. So when it is decimated it will be very, very low poly.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones's picture
Contributor
Hello All,

Hello All,

This is Mark Jones, who, a very long time ago, created the original Clannfear for Battlespire. I'm actually putting together a small page or two about these critters for my website (www.mjonesgraphics.com), which might be useful for this project. Now, this is not official Bethesda stuff, just my own take on the creatures. Over the years other artists have had the luck to work on these, and have taken Clannfear design to plenty of different places I would not have thought of. So this will just be my little retro take on how I first saw them in my head all those years ago. If anyone is still interested email me, and I can share a few thoughts and sketches.

AttachmentSize
Image icon clannfear_mark_jones.jpg43.45 KB

Pages