Pages

186 posts / 0 new
Last post
Drogo
Drogo's picture
Hello I heard of this project

Hello

I heard of this project a few days ago and I have to say this is incredible and I wish to help in any way I can. I'm a fine arts student and I wish to use what I know into concept art and helping you guys.

Here's my deviantart page so you can see:

http://rpiedra.deviantart.com/

Outkin
Outkin's picture
I too wish to help. I am

I too wish to help. I am unskilled in most fields, but I'm willing to give it my all and to learn. I have some basic programming experience and my computer is set up to do some digital art, but I'm not sure how well I can do it, I doubt I'd be good enough.  I could try some voice acting, but I don't have an appropriate set up. This is probably not going to go anywhere, but if I can actually help just point me in the right direction. 

Amezuki
Amezuki's picture
Hi everyone, I'd like to

Hi everyone, I'd like to help.

Prior CK experience: back in the Morrowind days I worked on a few mods, most of which ran into technical hurdles for being too ambitious. I have enough general familiarity and technical aptitude that I'd pick it back up again without trouble.

Prior other modding experience: a number of maps for Portal 2, most notably the Luna-C series, using both the puzzle editor and Valve's Hammer tool. Lots of Doom mapping, both in the 90s and more recently with sourceports. Did some LUA scripting in the Stalker modding community a while back. Various and sundry other small projects over the years. I can pick up pretty much any kind of scripting, given examples and a little time.

Voice acting: I have a good voice and talent with improv roleplay and voice acting, but would have to buy a decent input device and set up a place to record. I realize that doesn't exactly help at the moment, but I'm putting it on the table.

Writing: I'm an excellent writer and proofreader. 

Sorting out what the current status is and what might need doing seems a project in and of itself, so I thought I'd start by posting this.

Littlenorwegians
Littlenorwegians's picture
http://littlenorwegians.devia

http://littlenorwegians.deviantart.com/gallery/42262154

3d artist here. Hopefully I can do some good. :)

gsmc
gsmc's picture
I have experience creating

I have experience creating book mods, so I'd be able to convert all the Morrowind books to Skyrim's format. It should be simple enough, I just need to know if there's anything special I should do with leveled lists, etc. Happy to help, just let me know!

FlaviusD
FlaviusD's picture
Donor
Hello all, Firstly, just

Hello all,

Firstly, just wanted to say to everyone that's a part of this: GREAT WORK!

I cannot stress that enough! Like many of you I'm full of "dem feels" for Morrowind and I'm so glad this project exists!

I've been lurking on this project for a while but just started to contribute to Voice Acting after the call for more help video!

I'll see if I can contribute in other ways as well, looks like Navmeshing is a big one? I have some experience with the Construction Set from TES3 and TES4 back in the day, watched some vids on CK and looks pretty similar. I could work on level design if needed!

I also have a decent grasp on sound engineering and work in photoshop, as well as basic modelling and programming knowledge.

Sorry, just absolutely geeked about this project and want to see it succeed in the best way possible!

Keep up all the great work, everyone!

SquallyDaBeanz
SquallyDaBeanz's picture
Contributor
Hey everyone. I don't know if

Hey everyone. I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but we can use coders and anyone with the skills to implement UI units. I haven't checked the details, but we were struggling with this. Check out this post here http://morroblivion.com/forums/skyrim/skywind-development-fo... and coordinate with TheComfyCushion if you want to help! 

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
gsmc wrote: I have experience

gsmc wrote:

I have experience creating book mods, so I'd be able to convert all the Morrowind books to Skyrim's format. It should be simple enough, I just need to know if there's anything special I should do with leveled lists, etc. Happy to help, just let me know!

I think the books are converted. However, one part missing is the in-book pics

I have a thread going on here with a lot of entries (I think it covers most needs) http://morroblivion.com/forums/skyrim/skywind-development/4680

Since I never have the time to go back to this, it would be helpful if you could help.

HerrMyth
HerrMyth's picture
Hi everyone! I'm new here

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and I'm willing to help you with this awesome project !
However my set of skill is kinda random and I'm not mastering anything usefull : I've done some TES-like concept art drawing, but well, i'm no pro...

I've the same problem with programming : i'm not bad with C/C++ however there are way more skilled programmers already on the track here...so i'd like to know if I could help the project in any way...

Also if there is need for a french translation, or subtitles or anything i'd be happy to help you.

I also have a question about organization: Basically, do you receive your tasks or do you choose them ? And how do you merge your changes to the main data files once they're done?

Sorry for the newbie questions but I have no experience with modding projects .(yet ;p)

B-rad
B-rad's picture
Hi all, I saw Skywind is not

Hi all,

I saw Skywind is not available for public release anymore, due to its very alpha state.... But...Why...*tear*!!! I'm here if you all need some help. Only problem is I'm not good at anything really. But I do have a supper duper awesome rig and can do repetitive tasks like nav mesh and such, especially stairs, and basic creation kit stuff. This form is pretty huge and I'm not sure what's done and all but if someone could tell me what to do and where to go I could help out, as long as its not programing or modeling cuz I'm such a newb at it. I'll do anything to get it out of Alpha. Morrowind is my favorite game ever, I really need this! lol

sketchymandan
sketchymandan's picture
Hey 3d generalist here

Hey 3d generalist here wanting to help.  I only found out about skywind a couple of days ago, but really wanna help you guys with this project in anyway i can.  some links to my stuff..

http://danwilliams3d.carbonmade.com and https://vimeo.com/78837584

I normally do higher poly stuff and FX but I've always loved the elder scrolls games and have made a few mods for these games before, as well as the crysis series between a few friends.

I also know a bit of c++ and python but don't know if it'll be enough to help.

Maya, zbrush and photoshop are my apps and can get a asset from paper to animation, so I'm up for helping anywhere with that kinda stuff!

DatGladiatah
DatGladiatah's picture
Hey guys, I've been showing

Hey guys, I've been showing this around to my friends and I'd be very interested in helping you guys with any projects! My specialty is writing, dialog or narrative, but I also work in a big database customer service field, so I can handle really long but simple tasks as well. I was also very interested in voice acting. I see the threads show places where we can start, but I was wondering if you could recommend I place I could go to or what issue is a priority right now? I'll do whatever I can to help!

Jazzman90
Jazzman90's picture
Donor
Hi I just read about this

Hi

I just read about this project and fell for it immediately! I really want to help, but I don't have any computer skills. I do have some musical skills though and i'm wondering if there is some help needed with the music and soundtrack?

Porscha
Porscha's picture
Hello, I'm new here, but I

Hello, I'm new here, but I didn't know where to introduce myself. Maybe I can help. I specialize mostly in textures and modeling. May I post links?

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/gallery/member/1634...

http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/gallery/member/737-porscha/

cradleofgab
cradleofgab's picture
Hello guys, I saw this

Hello guys,

I saw this project, I think it's very cool, I love Morrowind.
I don't know where I can introduce myself ^^'

So, if you need little help for your project. I'm French and hope you won't be angry with my English. I intend to do the translation to the french version and put some scripts into skywind.

Thank you.

Smitehammer
Smitehammer's picture
Contributor
Porscha wrote: Hello, I'm new

Porscha wrote:

Hello, I'm new here, but I didn't know where to introduce myself. Maybe I can help. I specialize mostly in textures and modeling. May I post links?

Very cool looking silt strider!  I've heard they're looking for people to model some smaller creatures for atmosphere, you might want to try your hand at that?

Porscha
Porscha's picture
Smitehammer wrote: Porscha

Smitehammer wrote:

Porscha wrote:

Very cool looking silt strider!  I've heard they're looking for people to model some smaller creatures for atmosphere, you might want to try your hand at that?

Thank you very much. My PC is really weak for todays standards. I'm getting a new up-to-date PC soon that can handle anything I throw at it. It's unfortunate the work I've done so far is with a puny rig. I love to work on just about anything. I will check out the other sub-boards. Thanks.
Taumich
Taumich's picture
Hi! Ive just joined the

Hi! Ive just joined the forums. Im skilled in a wide array of tasks and could help out in many different ways. Do you use any real time chatting services like Steam Or Skype?

Im concidering helpIng out a lot with the 3D modelling, but I could as well make some music, creation Kit, concept art, and voice acting. Id really love to participate in this, it'd be a dream come true ^^

Morrocookie
Morrocookie's picture
Hello everyone, I just want

Hello everyone,

I just want to start by saying thank you, I'm sure many Morrowind fanboys like myself are really looking forward to the final product. Being so excited about this project, I was wondering if there's any possibility in me helping. I've only recently started educating myself in coding, so I can't really help there, but I've spent countless hours in Morrowind (I've literally played the game at least twice a year since a little after it's release) and quite a bit of time in the Morrowind Construction Set, mainly creating interiors, specifically dungeons. I've only begun getting into the Skyrim Creation Kit, but I feel I have educated myself in most of what I need to know about interior designing with the program to help in that aspect. What I don't have is experience in most other aspects of the Creation Kit, so designing detailed interiors is about as far as my use could go. Most of my days are spent at home sitting around waiting for my college classes to begin next fall, so I'd have plenty of time to work on my task. Being so limited in my usefulness, I understand if my help is not needed, the last thing I want to do is impede the progress of this monumental project; though I am ready and able to help if my skills are needed and would love the chance to assist in creating what will most certainly be the greatest mod of all time (My love for Morrowind only makes me slightly biased).

~Morrocookie

tommythegun
tommythegun's picture
Contributor
Hi and welcome - I'm pretty

Hi and welcome - I'm pretty sure there are still tasks that you can handle - there still is a lot of landscaping to do. You could work on some caves/tombs/anything that wasn't touched yet. And i think your set of skills will be enough to do this task perfectly. Also there are few things in CK that need to be done and digital which is our CK guru provides really good tutorials - so if you know your way around CK you shouldn't have problem learning few more things. I'm pretty sure one of the project leaders will contact you and let you know how you can help - and you surely can, every helping hand is appreciated here :)

alysander
alysander's picture
Hello everyone. I want to

Hello everyone. I want to officially get start working/studying on Kagouti model. Any suggestions?

Wertyn
Wertyn's picture
Good afternoon. I can help

Good afternoon. I can help with any modeling characters, weapons, interior or exterior.

eternal_nostalgia87
eternal_nostalgia87's picture
I'm new but I had this in my

I'm new but I had this in my computer for sometime, maybe you guys would like to use it? Let me know! :D My experience was back in the day of Morrowind/Oblivion modding, I have no idea how the new CS works to be honest I can help with level design, making textures on Photoshop/Filter Forge, or maybe doing generic tasks!

Glad to be here.

oposiasty
oposiasty's picture
Hi guys,

Hi guys,
First of all I need to say, that what You've been doing is just a piece of awesome job, seriously ;)
And I'd like to tell, that if You need more people to make quests - feel free to contact me.
I'm an IT student (currently on specialization that covers graphics, AI creation etc).
I have some spare time (like 1-2h a day for 100%) so I could move some quests from Morrowind to Skywind ;)
Cheers, Mike

Yours Truly
Yours Truly's picture
Hi nostalgia, I like the work

Hi nostalgia, I like the work, and the shades of red you used, I also use photoshop. I'm curious, what version do you have? is it photoshop, elements, etc. A small sugestion, consider using the underpainting filter to better blend in the text to the banners, also try barely dimming the layer's opacity to say 80-85%.  Finally, if you have access to faux finish brushes try using them for wear on both the banners and text, as well as the burn and sponge tool to give it that worn feel. Great to have you on the team!!! :)

eternal_nostalgia87
eternal_nostalgia87's picture
I'm currently using the CS6

I'm currently using the CS6 Suite, so it's Photoshop CS6 I never got into elements but I will do eventually. The only thing that I use to make custom effects is Filter Forge 4.0.8.
If you want to I also have the original text only colored and with no extra effects:

Twisted Logic
Twisted Logic's picture
A suggestion: You may want to
A suggestion: You may want to add a hint of transparency to each of the letters, especially in the more jumbled banners like Sadrith Mora and Ald Veloothi in order to separate each letter. An example: http://images.uesp.net/8/8c/MW-banner-Sadrith_Mora.png
weasel7711
weasel7711's picture
I have Pascal (Delphi), C#,

I have Pascal (Delphi), C#, and C++ coding experience.

I am also willing to do bug testing.

rrico707
rrico707's picture
So I see a 9+ month gap in

So I see a 9+ month gap in development. I just restarted a character in Morrowind, and fell in love with the game once again. I would like to see Skywind become more than desires and ambitions. I realize that this is a large project, being that games can take several YEARS to finish. But is this still an active project, is it worth putting time into?

Yours Truly
Yours Truly's picture
eternal_nostalgia87 wrote:

eternal_nostalgia87 wrote:

I'm currently using the CS6 Suite, so it's Photoshop CS6 I never got into elements but I will do eventually. The only thing that I use to make custom effects is Filter Forge 4.0.8.
If you want to I also have the original text only colored and with no extra effects:

Nice work! You may already be aware of this, but you are aware there is a free font on dafont.com in Daedric? Also, consider exploring the underpainting tool, located in filters under texturing or whatever C6 has.

Björn
Björn's picture
Hi, I am new and want to

Hi, I am new and want to introduce myself. I am from Germany and I love Morrowind and would like to translate Skywind into German. There is a tool called TES-V-Translator. With the help of this tool it is possible to save the translation into a text file. This text file works like a dictionary (ID based), so it is possible to automatically translate the latest .esp/.esm-file and you do not have to start all over again if a new .esp/.esm-file is released. Another advantage of this tool is that everyone can simply download the text file and translate their .esp/.esm-file automatically.

I have the German version as well as the English version of Morrowind (GoTY), so I can use the original German text for the translation. It would be great if you can send me the files so I can start to translate them.

Björn
Björn's picture
Is the translation wanted? If

Is the translation wanted? If you think I am doing this because I want to play Skywind right now you are mistaken. You can send me only the .esm file, I do not need more in order to start the translation of Skywind and as long as you do not change the ID's I can easily translate the latest .esm file with only one click, so there is no need to wait until Skywind is completed. If you send me the .esm-file I can translate a bit and send you the dictionary file, so you can see for yourself.

http://tesrenewal.com/forums/requests-suggestions-and-questi...

Edit 1: Ok, I take the silence as a "No, we don't want a translation into German." If you change your mind contact me via email.

GeekSqueak
GeekSqueak's picture
PENDING APPROVAL

PENDING APPROVAL

Books

High quality literature has always been a hallmark of Bethesda productions, and your mod, as a natural progression of their work, should (as I'm sure you'll agree) contain the same high-quality work. I worked on a literature mod for Skyrim, but found little support or skill in the community. However, I feel that this community will be altogether more productive and talented, and would relish the opportunity to start afresh.

Legals

Of course, as with anything, copyright laws apply to books. This means you must own the copyright for anything you publish, or be publishing it within the terms specified by the original author. Porting books from Morrowind is allowed, but only if you extract it directly from the original library. You can't redistribute the data. Creative Commons content is always valid. 

Lore

It is important to note that there are discrepancies in the books written by Bethesda themselves. In real life, people fabricate, opine and rampantly mislead, and the game world is no different. However, sticking to the framework of lore is strongly advised. This means, say, if you're talking about the crowning of Tiber Septim, you can't insert rampaging mutant radioactive spiders, but you can take creative license and describe the weather, clothes, surroundings etc. Those details are irrelevant in the greater context of lore, but embellish the story and provide great descriptive tools.

Topics

Free range, guys. Of course, lore is always popular. But if you have a passion for geology, hey, why not write an essay on the rivers of Morrowind/Skyrim? Or volcanology? Go ahead. Racial phylogeny might just be perfect for you! Or maybe even astronomy. Creative literature (fairytales, fantasy stories etc) is good too, but keep within the framework of Nirn... 

Quality

Naturally, grammar and structure must be more than adequate. The benchmark is Bethesda's efforts. Submit to me, I'll vet it. If your work is not up to standard, I will either send it back with notes for improvement, or outright reject it. I am familiar from managing similiar mods and projects for other commitments that many people will try to rush off poorly written text just for a quick credit. Don't bother. Put some effort in and produce something professional, or find something else to invest some effort in! That being said, it's always worth sending me stuff.

Drop me by a message if you're interested, send me samples, ask for advice with lore, or generally feel free to message me.

I'm in the process of seeking approval from Denevir and a couple of other people regarding this - hopefully there should be no problems :)

If there are, I'm happy to remove this post...

zakkattakk14
zakkattakk14's picture
Contributor
I want to get involved with

I want to get involved with something. Don't really mind what. As long as it's something. I'm up for learning as well! Anything to help keep this mod moving. 

LWorm
LWorm's picture
Hello I have been lurking on

Hello I have been lurking on this site for a while now and now that I have a good amount of free time available I decided to volunteer myself to be a navmesher for Skyblivion because I already own that game and because it was listed as a priority on their what is being done and what you can do thread.  Zilav asked me to do Skywind first as it was priority and I am completely fine with that however I do not currently own Morrowind and wanted to make sure that there was work to be done on Skywinds navmeshes before spending $20 on Morrrowind as I just purchased a bunch of stuff on the Steam sale (should have bought Morrowind then) and a new computer case. If there are navmeshes to be done I will gladly purchase Morrowind now rather than waiting another few weeks.

Thanks in advance.

Pages