Pages

186 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Adoring Fan
The Adoring Fan's picture
Then its alright. But the

Then its alright. But the reason they banned me is because I was in the chatroom and an admin said that there were two accounts on my IP address and because I am the only one in my household with an account I said I only had one account and he said BS and quickly banned me. 

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Well, if you have DSL, just

Well, if you have DSL, just reset your router, and make a whole new account, and never mention the account ever again.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Yeah that's what I'd do

Yeah that's what I'd do

Noobplayzgames
Noobplayzgames's picture
sorry this is my actual sign

sorry this is my actual sign up...

I could be a terrain and model editor. I know everything about the creation kit except scripting ;(

Ravanna
Ravanna's picture
Contributor
Donor
can you use 3dsmax and UV map

can you use 3dsmax and UV map ?

Noobplayzgames
Noobplayzgames's picture
No, but if someone makes the

No, but if someone makes the meshes and  textures but can't use the ck i could help.

Sjors Boomschors
Sjors Boomschors's picture
Contributor
Start  NAVMeshing interiors

Start  NAVMeshing interiors that do not have NAVMesh.

Here a link to the info needed:
http://morroblivion.com/forums/skyrim/skywind-development/3333

Just place a claim on the interiors you plan on doing and finish them all.
We will check if the work before merging into the master.

Mediv
Mediv's picture
Good day to all! I want to
Good day to all! I want to suggest some improvements for this great project. For example, such as: 1) Marriage 2) Develop storylines 3 vampire clans 3) Give the player a chance to go over to Dagoth Ur, since it was implemented in the mods of  sixth house 4) Make an opportunity to bring a companion, as in Skyrim (in Morrowind to travelled alone all the time, it was boring) 5)Temple together with the great house Redoran must make crusade to the red mountain ash that would destroy the creatures (in the original game was about it, but realized it was not) At the moment, is all, but I'll write her ideas. If someone has already suggest to analogous, then I'm sorry. And yes, sorry for the horrible English. Really looking forward to the project))
Shushine
Shushine's picture
Contributor
Mediv wrote: Good day to

Mediv wrote:

Good day to all! I want to suggest some improvements for this great project. For example, such as: 1) Marriage 2) Develop storylines 3 vampire clans 3) Give the player a chance to go over to Dagoth Ur, since it was implemented in the mods of  sixth house 4) Make an opportunity to bring a companion, as in Skyrim (in Morrowind to travelled alone all the time, it was boring) 5)Temple together with the great house Redoran must make crusade to the red mountain ash that would destroy the creatures (in the original game was about it, but realized it was not) At the moment, is all, but I'll write her ideas. If someone has already suggest to analogous, then I'm sorry. And yes, sorry for the horrible English. Really looking forward to the project))

Friend, we need action not ideas . If you got some suggestions we need to see work for it or it will never be done.

Mediv
Mediv's picture
Unfortunately I do not

Unfortunately I do not understand the Creation Kit. Just wanted to offer a few ideas for project. 

valo1012
valo1012's picture
I'm interested in helping out

I'm interested in helping out with Skywind.

My primary skills are with coding/scripting and quests, though I can do most things within the editor, including level design and navmesh.

Most of my elder scrolls modding work was on Oblivion; I spent 6 months on a research project in college developing an Oblivion mod that to be used in class rooms, so I spent a lot of time working with the scripting and quest systems. I'm fairly familiar with Skyrim's editor, but still getting used to a few things.

Let me know if you need any more information, or what tasks I could work on.

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
Hey valo. If you're interest

Hey valo.

If you're interest in quests, you should have a look at these threads:

http://morroblivion.com/forums/skywind/skywind-development/2800

http://morroblivion.com/forums/skyrim/skywind-mod-releases/3306

Pick up a quest available in the tracker https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AubmRhWYZsEbdDF...

and there you go :) After you have done that, we can give you more :)

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Hi valo1012 You can do

Hi valo1012

You can do anything you like then, but probably if you can help out with the quests that will be best.

DigitalParanoid above has the most knowledge with quest so talk to him about getting setup and tasks.

Welcome to the team!

digitalparanoid
valo1012, another thing we

valo1012, another thing we need to adress is functioning portable alchemy apparatus... There is some scripting to do in there!

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
Donor
I didnt quite know were to

I didnt quite know were to post this so my apologies if this angers anyone :)
I wanted to mention that I (and many others) find the fire sound effect quite loudfor instance in caves or on top of the light house in seyda neen. I would like to volunteer to fix this but I dont know quite how to do this :p 

any suggestions on how to do this? and maybe I could work on sounds effects in general..

anyway srry for  bothering :) 

Samiad
Samiad's picture
Hey, I'm new here and was

Hey,

I'm new here and was wondering if you had any idea of how you were going to musically score the project. Obviously using Jeremy Soules work might attract the Bethesda lawyers, but I'd love to have a go at putting forward some musical ideas. I know it's not a priority as you're all working on the game mechanics and what not, but if there's a place myself and others could contribute our musical talents, please let me know.

donAllister
donAllister's picture
Contributor
I could use some bards.

I could use some bards.

digitalparanoid
Rebelzize wrote: I wanted to

Rebelzize wrote:

I wanted to mention that I (and many others) find the fire sound effect quite loudfor instance in caves or on top of the light house in seyda neen. I would like to volunteer to fix this but I dont know quite how to do this :p 

any suggestions on how to do this? and maybe I could work on sounds effects in general.

I think we have a couple of sound engineers hanging around but there is certainly some work to do. For the fire sound which is indeed way to long, I *think* there is some settings to change in CK (sound descriptor or something)

digitalparanoid
Samiad wrote: I'd love to

Samiad wrote:

I'd love to have a go at putting forward some musical ideas. I know it's not a priority as you're all working on the game mechanics and what not, but if there's a place myself and others could contribute our musical talents, please let me know.

Sure thing, if you can create some musical piece with a morrowind feeling and post links and if people like them we can include them. Alternatively, I think someone is looking for Bards songs ;)

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
Donor
alright I had an idea and

alright I had an idea and Im wondering what you guys think about it..
as we all know morrowind uses low res textures. and skywind uses allot of those textures (since its a port) in order to make skywind look good we pretty much have to retexture everything to make skywind feel like its top notch.

There is a morrwind overhaul mod (currently at 3.0) thats adds a ton of new hig res textures to the game plus better sounds effect new plants etc. would it be an idea if we could get the mod author to let us use parts of his mod to enhance Skywind? again its just an idea and I have no idea if its even possibe. all I know is that it would save us allot of time :)
Think about it..

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
morrowind uses low res

morrowind uses low res textures. and skywind uses allot of those textures (since its a port)

Ermm Eloth pretty much changed all the textures probably at least over a year ago and even since then we have progressively enhancing them.

anathemastudio
anathemastudio's picture
Rebelzize wrote: I didnt

Rebelzize wrote:

any suggestions on how to do this? and maybe I could work on sounds effects in general..

Hey Rebelzize, how's it goin'?

I'm fairly new as well, but I agree with you on the fire burning sound being kinda loud in comparison to other sound effects. I don't make decisions on anything though - probably best to check with the moderators - pm them if you don't hear back right here.

I know that to change the volume on only the fire sound effect, you can edit the one file (just for that sound effect) to make this change. There are many different programs that could be used for this - I know Adobe has a few that would work fine.

I'm guessing that you may already know how to do this or have programs to do this since you volunteered, but if you don't maybe pm one of the moderators, or even pm me and I can try to walk you through it in one of the Adobe programs I have - you can always get the trials free for these to use for awhile.

Also this voice acting thread has some really helpful tips and links to programs -
http://morroblivion.com/forums/skywind/skywind-development/3022

Anyways, hope this helped some :). Have a good one!

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
I didn't have time to convert

I didn't have time to convert any single parameter on all record types. For sounds I used the same volume and converted only file name.

But after checking morroblivion_ob.esm I might say that there are not a lot of sound settings to convert at all, majority of them have the same settings.

So doing a manual sounds attenuation in Skywind is the way to go. Feel free to start :)

12 year old in ...
12 year old in a 7 year old mind's picture
We could use this mod for

We could use this mod for loads of the characters(Not all of them.):

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22793//?

ArchieVision
ArchieVision's picture
anathemastudio

anathemastudio wrote:

Rebelzize wrote:

I'm fairly new as well, but I agree with you on the fire burning sound being kinda loud in comparison to other sound effects. I don't make decisions on anything though - probably best to check with the moderators - pm them if you don't hear back right here.

I know that to change the volume on only the fire sound effect, you can edit the one file (just for that sound effect) to make this change. There are many different programs that could be used for this - I know Adobe has a few that would work fine.

I'm guessing that you may already know how to do this or have programs to do this since you volunteered, but if you don't maybe pm one of the moderators, or even pm me and I can try to walk you through it in one of the Adobe programs I have - you can always get the trials free for these to use for awhile.

Also this voice acting thread has some really helpful tips and links to programs -
http://morroblivion.com/forums/skywind/skywind-development/3022

Anyways, hope this helped some :). Have a good one!

Actually, changing the Volume is easily accomplished in the CK. Just adjusting the main files gain will reduce all the sounds over Skywind at one time. I was planning on doing this as soon as my job search was complete. Fire, torches, Dwemer Machines, and so on. They all are set to a very loud default. I guess when they were imported, the sound properties were not brought over with them. 

Supertoaster99c
Supertoaster99c's picture
Hi i was wondering if i could

Hi i was wondering if i could make music for the game? It isnt mentioned here but i thought maybe there was need of some?

donAllister
donAllister's picture
Contributor
Supertoaster99c wrote: Hi i

Supertoaster99c wrote:

Hi i was wondering if i could make music for the game? It isnt mentioned here but i thought maybe there was need of some?

Dragomir's Skywind Soundtrack

http://morroblivion.com/forums/skyrim/skywind-development/5901

Bards

http://morroblivion.com/forums/skyrim/skywind-development/5695

Supertoaster99c
Supertoaster99c's picture
Sorry was gonna post

Sorry was gonna post something here nevermind lads :) Sorry

tommythegun
tommythegun's picture
Contributor
Then post it here or in

Then post it here or in Dragomir's topic. I think we aim for something that brings the "feeling" of Morrowind's music and atmosphere, that is well done and that is complete with the rest of the soundtracks - but if you have some interesting ideas you should share them, upload your work and try to sort out with the rest if / how we can use them :) Every helping hand is much appreciated here so i would encourage you to share that "something".

The worst thing that can happen is us - giving you feedback :p

anathemastudio
anathemastudio's picture
ArchieVision

ArchieVision wrote:

anathemastudio wrote:

Rebelzize wrote:

I'm guessing that you may already know how to do this...

Actually, changing the Volume is easily accomplished in the CK. Just adjusting the main files gain will reduce all the sounds over Skywind at one time. I was planning on doing this as soon as my job search was complete. Fire, torches, Dwemer Machines, and so on. They all are set to a very loud default. I guess when they were imported, the sound properties were not brought over with them. 

Great - thanks ArchieVision - sounds like a plan :)

Kittenmancer
Kittenmancer's picture
I came across this project a

I came across this project a few days ago and I would really like to help - Morrowind is one of my favourite RPGs. Unfortunately I have no development skills and I haven't touched the CK so far, but I'm willing to learn. The quest conversion seems a good starting point, so I'll give that a go.

Aside from that, I'm a professional game tester/test manager (7  years working on AAA games), so I can help with testing and organizing the testing of various game components and areas.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
http://morroblivion.com/forum

http://morroblivion.com/forums/skyrim/skywind-development-fo...

You should check this out. It's an easy task, and repeatable, it'll help you get a feel of the CK.

gigaflare
gigaflare's picture
Contributor
Kittenmancer wrote: I came

Kittenmancer wrote:

I came across this project a few days ago and I would really like to help - Morrowind is one of my favourite RPGs. Unfortunately I have no development skills and I haven't touched the CK so far, but I'm willing to learn. The quest conversion seems a good starting point, so I'll give that a go.

Aside from that, I'm a professional game tester/test manager (7  years working on AAA games), so I can help with testing and organizing the testing of various game components and areas.

Hey welcome :) It would be really great if you could help test some quest dialog and that the voices match. If you're (+anyone ) interested please let me know and i'll send you some NPC's and dialog.

Kittenmancer
Kittenmancer's picture
gigaflare wrote: Hey welcome

gigaflare wrote:

Hey welcome :) It would be really great if you could help test some quest dialog and that the voices match. If you're (+anyone ) interested please let me know and i'll send you some NPC's and dialog.

Definitely! 

Trenrommel
Trenrommel's picture
I wouldn't mind doing some AI

I wouldn't mind doing some AI packages, or clothing people.  I just need a place to start.  I've been modding since Morrowind, and i'm familiar with the CK sets

digitalparanoid
For AI Packages, you can

For AI Packages, you can start in Vivec I guess.

SBB64
SBB64's picture
Contributor
Vivec is one of the areas

Vivec is one of the areas I've stayed away from because I haven't figured out what to do with all the people that don't have homes. The plazas have all these people wandering around all day but no place to go sleep. So there isn't much of an AI package to give them, that I can think off. But the people in the guilds, stores that have beds, and tavern/inns could all be done with full daily routine packages.

HadenSavanti
HadenSavanti's picture
I'm not sure if this is where

I'm not sure if this is where I should be posting this, but I have looking at your site for the past week and wondering if I could help in some way.  I have looked around and have seen nothing in the way of writing...and I know the game is written already, but if you can think of anything I could do in their vein I would be happy to help all I can.  Aside from that, I could give voice acting a try, I can learn the process pretty fast; I have looked at how you want it done.  Overall I just want to help in some way.  Feel free to email me if you think there is something I can do.

-Haden

Gordeleth
Gordeleth's picture
Wow, guys--amazing effort!

Wow, guys--amazing effort!  Haven't played Morrowind in almost a decade, yet I still dream about it (and often in updated splendor a la Skyrim), so you can imagine my delight at finding this project.  I'd love to help, but I have the programming savvy of a rock and the artistic ability of a dung beetle.

I am, however, a meticulous (read: anal) editor and creative writer.  Are you planning to port quests over as-is, or do you also plan on updating and adding quests?  My pet peeve in games is unforgivably terrible dialog.  It's done as an afterthought rather than something crucial to the entire experience--cheesy or asinine dialog actually makes the game less believable and therefore less immersive/enjoyable.  Excepting a few shining examples, most quests have been poorly implemented by people with little storytelling ability; my belief is you should not even attempt quests unless willing to make them fascinating/dramatic/humorous/polished (my version of "do it right or not at all").  In this type of open-ended game, only those who really want to delve into the story will seek out quests, and shouldn't that be rewarded with memorable content?

To get the best benefit from me, modders would need to be willing to accept constructive criticism or correction (all in the interest of making the questing part of the game the best it can be, no egos in the way).  Once the polishing stage draws closer, I might be able to design storylines and dialog for quests if modders want to work with me.  Interested?

Also, I might be able to help with the voice acting.  My voice timbre is odd (baritone-breathy that might work well for a dunmer or other elf race) with some vocal training in my past and occasional access to a home sound studio. Again, let me know if interested (feel free to email me).

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Both HadenSavanti and

Both HadenSavanti and Gordeleth,

We are not creating new quests or dialouge. You will be better helping other mods like those found on www.darkcreations.org

You could even help on the Less Generic NPCs Project for Morrowind http://lgnpc.org/

digitalparanoid
Actually, there are two

Actually, there are two points you could help, but that will be a little later:

1/ Dialogue prompts: We will write dialogue prompts starting next version and we would certainly be interested in syntax, grammar, spelling feedback

2/ additional quests/content: We would certainly be interested to add new content when we're done with the original storylines and quests, so if you have detailed quest ideas, you can propose them (they will just not be implemented right away).

Yubel
Yubel's picture
I bought Oblivion and

I bought Oblivion and Morrowind from the Steam's winter sale and when I was browsing for mods for Morrowind, I stumbled upon this project. It seems really interesting and ambitious so I'd like to help. That being said, I have little to no experience creating mods but after doing a little research for the last couple of days, nav-meshing seems to be a thing that I could pull off. I will download the necessary files tonight (UTC +2) and try to practice a little tomorrow.

I'm also willing to do some of the more tedious things that the more talented ones want to avoid.

My whole next week is mostly free but after that starts my (mandatory) military service for 6 months in the Finnish Defense Forces. Fortunately the weekends are mostly free so I might have some time then. After the service I have about a month of free time before my studies start at the university of Helsinki (if you still need help).

As you seem to have some problems with disappearing people, you are guaranteed to catch me up in IRC (Yubel @QuakeNet). I have a BNC, so all the private messages will be saved even if I'm not online.

SquallyDaBeanz
SquallyDaBeanz's picture
Contributor
Now is the time to help! The

Now is the time to help! The easiest way for you guys to help this project is to spread the word to attract more volunteers, and the best way to do this is by sharing mine and other developer’s channels and videos. Sharing, subscribing, and posting on social media sites is key to making this project a success. I can’t stress enough how important this is. It may seem like an easy and pointless task, but you never know who might find out and help. Everyone who reads this, take the time and put in the effort to help. Here is a list channels and videos should be shared. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJwpaVwOaHM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYrH_cb8zeY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk3cShuvhxQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNLo1qdEGS8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MayJPvjrCCw

http://www.youtube.com/user/stijmunkey

http://www.youtube.com/user/TrollDragomir

http://www.youtube.com/user/LASentry

http://www.youtube.com/user/Rebelzize

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96N0SGdnl4I_cTwExKoaiw

Please share and post to these sites as much as possible. Send in tips and other notifications. 

http://www.ign.com/

http://www.gamespot.com/

http://www.gamezone.com/

http://www.gamesradar.com/search/?q=tip

http://kotaku.com/search?q=tip

http://www.gamerevolution.com/

http://www.gamasutra.com/

http://www.pcgamer.com/

http://www.eurogamer.net/

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/

This is a big deal guys, we need more publicity in order to get more recruits. 

Merlkir
Merlkir's picture
Hello! I've been much

Hello!

I've been much impressed by the mod. Especially the latest development video made me want to contribute in some way. I don't know how much you still need in terms of art/concept art and I couldn't possibly do many pieces. But if there's still need for a drawing or two, or maybe a loading splash page (or anything of the sort), I'd be quite happy to help.

I'm a freelance illustrator, but I've done concept art in the past as well. (if you've ever played Last Days of the Third Age mod for Mount and Blade, I've done a ton of work for that, as CA and designer)

My gallery is on DeviantArt, which this forum engine won't let me post for some reason: :/

I'm currently doing a lot for the Glorantha RPG setting. (which I think was one of the influences on Morrowind's lore, as Ken Rolston is a big fan) Lots of weird looking outfits. ;)

Kashae
Kashae's picture
This sounds like the

This sounds like the beginning of a test case:
Section - A.I.
Test Case - Verify non-essential NPC A.I. scripting
Test Steps - Could be as detailed as:
1) Open Console Command using ~ key.
2) Enter console command, "moveto <RefID>".
    Replace RefID with NPC ID from test matrix.
3) Observe non-essential NPC A.I. package performs the following tasks:
    a) Breakfast from 8 AM to 9 AM
    b) Patrol from 9 AM to 1 PM
    c) Sleep from 9 PM to 8 AM

Test Steps can also be as simple as:
Verify the non-essential NPC A.I. package works as intended.

Please let me know if you need any help with any software test.  I have about 8 years  in software test specifically in games and have worked with the big three; Nintendo, Sony Online, Microsoft Game Studio.  I have worked from concepts, to Alpha, Beta, RC, and post.  Please put me to work on this awesome project!

-Kashae

Merciless531
Merciless531's picture
Hey guys, I am new here but I

Hey guys, I am new here but I would really like to get involved some how. I have a great passion for video games and I aspire to be a future video game designer. I am taking classes at a community college starting this spring semester (2014) in "intro software design" and "C++" for starters. I do not know much about either game (yet) but I love Bethesda products so far, one of which is my favorite game of all time, Fallout 3. 

I have a busy schedule, but i would like to help in this project after seeing your recently made video on Facebook/YouTube. Hope to get to meet up with you guys soon, and hopefuly be of some help.

Justin Bailey

a.k.a. Merci

ThePolishDude
ThePolishDude's picture
Hi all, I saw the project

Hi all,

I saw the project video up on Gopher's channel, and I'd really like to get involved and help. Do you have any need for writers? I love writing, and could help out with writing dialog, or possibly even designing some quests if ya'll aren't directly porting them over from Morrowind. 

digitalparanoid
@Merciless531 what would you

@Merciless531 what would you be interested in ?

@ThePolishDude we are now focusing on the morrowind quests and then the DLC ones. We might consider adding new content after. If you're interested in working on quests, please jump on the quest sub-forum.

lorryslorrys
lorryslorrys's picture
I see a few of programmers

I see a few of programmers coming forward. I'm sure that these general tech skills could be useful in modelling, texturing etc (which I'm sure is the bulk of the work) but i wanted to ask about development nonetheless.

I was reading the thread about nif editing scripts, but it seems out of date. Are there any similar tools left in development, and where can they be found ? (do you stick them on git  hub or an equivalent?)

jdsmall25
jdsmall25's picture
Hey guys, Just thought I'd
Hey guys, Just thought I'd leave a quick not that I'm excited to help. I'm already in contact with happychappy and waiting for my first assignment. I'm a 3D generalist who can do concept to rigged/posed model but modeling sculpting and texturing are my better skills with concept being my weakest. Definitely looking to grow my skillset with you guys. Portfolio: www.gosmallorgohome.net All the content you've generated so far is pretty incredible. Looking forward to working with you guys!

Pages