21 posts / 0 new
Last post
aerisarn
aerisarn's picture
Contributor
[Tools/Resources] Skywind Tools and Resources Repository

Hello everybody, 

I finally found time and energy to put up a repository on github (which has been suggested to me and also largely used by other TES devs) 

https://github.com/aerisarn/skywindtools/

Update (30/01/13) :

Merge with rubenmp8's new version of nifconverter

By now (17/01/13) it includes:

1) Fairly Reworked niflib, fixed some annoying bugs which includes the infamous BSNumUvSets setting

2) Heavily reworked niftexture with Happychappy's additions and texture list

I tried to keep it as clean as possible and use relative paths when needed, please feel free to use this repository and this thread for pushes/features requests and tools updates. 

Besides, i'm fairly new to git and github, so feel free to contact me and point any mistakes.

Edited by: grumpycat on 12/08/2013 - 16:32
rubenmp8
rubenmp8's picture
NifConvert/ChunkMerge

I can add in the merged nifconvert/chunkmerge to this repository if you like. 

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Is the NifConverter all

Is the NifConverter all working now? If so please upload a link to the exe please.

aerisarn
aerisarn's picture
Contributor
Upload and modify anything as

Upload and modify anything as you like, of course

aerisarn
aerisarn's picture
Contributor
@Happy I maybe found your

@Happy

I maybe found your problem: please be sure that, in NifTexture project, the Linker Optimization switch 

Intrinsics and Inline Assembly 

is yes (/Oi)

rubenmp8
rubenmp8's picture
NifConvert/ChunkMerge

I've initiated a pull request with the source from the combined nifconverter/chunkmerge. I use vs2012, so that might screw with the sln files.

My fork is at https://github.com/rubenmp8/skywindtools in case anyone is interested.

A build of the combined NifConverter/ChunkMerge is available at:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5JwBJQJfIM3QlFrMmJubTlHUVU/edit

Note that the behavior for handling templates is pretty different, so be sure to look at the readme. Give it a try, and let me know if you encounter issues, or see features you want.

aerisarn
aerisarn's picture
Contributor
Pull accepted, thanks a lot

Pull accepted, thanks a lot for your work!

Sjors Boomschors
Sjors Boomschors's picture
Contributor
I get a "Error Executing

I get a "Error Executing Program" message when trying this new NifConvert.exe on my WinXP system.

rubenmp8
rubenmp8's picture
Error Executing Program

Sjors, a couple questions to help me figure this out:

Was there any error code, and was that the exact error message?

Are you running 32 or 64 bit win xp

Are you running in a virtual machine or natively?

Sjors Boomschors
Sjors Boomschors's picture
Contributor
I have a WinXP 32Bit System

I have a WinXP 32Bit System running in normal mode.

"Error Executing Program!" and "NifConvert.exe is not a valid Win32Bit application"

rubenmp8
rubenmp8's picture
This is why I loathe development on Windows

Looks like this is a known issue with Win7+VS2012 for dev and running the application on win 32 bit. The application does not by default work on win xp, only vista and 7, as the compiler uses capabilties available only on those platforms.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11305633/xxxxxx-exe-is-no...

I'll fiddle with it later tonight to see if I can get a win xp version compiled. 

bobbyjobby
bobbyjobby's picture
NifConvert Help please

Can someone please tell me what file I am meant to use as my template.nif for converting meshes with NifConvert?

Mireneye
Mireneye's picture
Read the "Preparing template"

Read the "Preparing template" part of this document:
http://niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/Skyrim/Adding_Collision...

It's for Chunkmerge but they pertain to the same thing.

bobbyjobby
bobbyjobby's picture
Thanks but cant figure this

Thanks but cant figure this thing out. tried to convert ash ghoul nif from mwind to skyrim using falmer nif as a template prepared using the guide in your link but when i click the convert button no output file is created to the specified directory 

Skyfox
Skyfox's picture
Great work - but 'bitter sweet' aftertaste

Just stopped here to thank you for your great work. Well done!

But being the original author of NifConvert and ChunkMerge it makes me sad to read all about your thanks to Macoron for his great work on that tools without even mention the guys at NifTools without whom the tools weren't what they are. As I could see and remember he simply got my sources and change 3 to 5 lines...  Well done, great work

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Celebrity spotted Because

Celebrity spotted :)

Because there is no way for others to know who is the real author. The same way a lot of people saying me "thank you" for TES5Edit while in reality I took source code for FNVEdit and modified some lines too (well, several thousands, but still feels the same).

Thank you for all your hard work and good luck with NifTools, they are essential for modding Bethesda's games.

p.s. If only niflib could be used by something without STL like Delphi, I can't get a list of textures out of nif in xEdit :(

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
That's why I never say thanks

That's why I never say thanks to anyone, no risk of mistakes !

Just kidding, obviously. Although I'm not involved in that part of the projet, thanks for the hard work on the tool!

Clint
Clint's picture
That's one of the major pains

That's one of the major pains about open source code. It's hard to tell who's the author and who's building off your work.

Anyways, great tools and thank you for making them! We definitely wouldn't be here without you.

Skyfox
Skyfox's picture
Sorry, you took me wrong a

Sorry, you took me wrong a bit. I'm not like a 'celebrity' and wanted to be thanked for but had that urgin to clearify some points. These tools aren't the work of one single person but of a team who 'decoded' the new NIF functionality. There was one person who put all clues together into source and build that tools. It was pure coincidence that this person was me and I would react same if it was someone else. You're Right, you couldn't know about the original author but than it was up to Macoron to clearify that and not to 'sell it as his own' here as I could see. He did right in NifTools forum...
No offense and thanks

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Hey Skyfox, the folk at

Hey Skyfox, the folk at Morroblivion know that NifTools team and specifically you created ChunkMerge and NifConverter, and we would be nowhere without these tools. If fact Skyrim wouldn't be half the game it is, considering mods are what make it and NifTools is a big part of getting any new content into the game, so big thanks.

In Macoron defence he has never laid claim to creating these tools, and has always made reference to you specifically in the past. He did make another invaluable tool which automatically changes texture paths and he has helped us debug the niflib code when we have had trouble with it, so I'm very thankful for his help as well.

I'm not sure what your time is like on working on projects, but we would love it if you would work on some of these tools in the future for further features and robustness :) I'm being a bit optimistic, but that would be awesome.

stijmunkey
stijmunkey's picture
Contributor
Donor
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/m
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34671/?tab=3&navtag=%2Fajax... Animation tool I don't if or how this works, but I stumbled across it not sure if it will be useful to anyone