Pages

136 posts / 0 new
Last post
Yours Truly
Yours Truly's picture
good, but the DRUNK

good, but the DRUNK bountyhunter is far too eloquent. Keep in mind e is a lowlife in a whorehouse. Keep it up

Smitehammer
Smitehammer's picture
Contributor
I have been working on short,

I have been working on short, idle banter scenes for the Ashlanders, starting with the Erabenimsun.  The Ashlanders would speak almost exclusively in Dunmeri with each other, and not all of them would even know Cyrodilic.  There is a fan-made Dunmeri wikia that I have been using/editing to suit my purposes.  The grammar rules are pretty solid, though some of the words are needlessly complicated and have no logic in shared meaning - these are culled in favor of words more fitting with the lore.

I hope to one day figure out a way to make scenes readily writable based on NPCs present in different 'cells', but for now I will post what I have written (and its translation) and the words I have added to the fan-made dictionary here.

Yours Truly
Yours Truly's picture
I love this! Are you planning

I love this! Are you planning to write alternate greetings for after the main quest (such as when the nevaraine becomes friends the tribes and when he is declared nevaraine) ?

Dragomir
Dragomir's picture
Contributor
A demo of how the first

A demo of how the first dialogue would sound. I went with Dothraki/Mongolian pronounciation on it ;)

Smitehammer
Smitehammer's picture
Contributor
Yours Truly wrote:

Yours Truly wrote:

I love this! Are you planning to write alternate greetings for after the main quest (such as when the nevaraine becomes friends the tribes and when he is declared nevaraine) ?

After the main quest, perhaps.  And a few more scenes could be added.  In this case, for instance, once Han-Ammu becomes the Ashkhan, he could talk Yantus into marrying Kummu to make peace between the tribes, so Kummu and Yantus would then be found in Kummu's yurt back in Zainab Camp, with some new idle banter.

Really short scenes, with back-and-forth of no more than 4 'lines' would be easier to handle, digest, and voice than really long drawn-out scenes.

Of course these added bits will have to wait until after the beta is released, and we seriously need to address the Excel Elephant in the room for the Voice Acting to get back on track.

GendunDrup
GendunDrup's picture
Where: Vivec

Where: Vivec

When: Entering Vivec's room

NPCs: Vivec

An unfortunate Guar

Dialogs:

Vivec: Hello, my beautiful pretty... 

Guar: Muaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Vivec: Turn around my love

Guar: Muaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Justafan
Justafan's picture
Hey everyone! Sorry I've been

Hey everyone! Sorry I've been gone for a while; I've been rather busy.

Yours Truly, in response to your comment on the drunk bounty hunter scene, I see what you mean. For the scene if you don't rat out HHE, they're still in the brothel, and I tried to make Daric sound drunk from his lapses in memory and logic. The reason I didn't really do this in the second scene is because I wanted him sobered up at this point. I felt that it wouldn't really make sense for HHE to be so easily captured by Daric if he was in the same state as he was in the other scene. I can change that, but if I do, I'll probably have to rework the whole scene to be generally less logic-intensive on poor Daric's mind. If you have any suggestions on how to do that, please don't hesitate to let me know! :)

Denevir: I managed to do one more of your scenes, I should be able to get the other one done soon as well.

Where: Pelagiad outskirts, at the crossroad just before entering town if following the path from Seyda Neen thorugh the Bitter Coast.

When: After the quest "The Beauty and the Bandit"

NPCs: Maurrie Aurmine, Nelos Onmar

Dialogs:

Maurrie (restrained, albeit poorly): Oh, it’s you! I’m so happy to – er, I am pleased to see you again.

Nelos (very uncomfortable): Uh, yes, I am, er, pleased to see you… as well.

Maurrie: I am told your name is Nelos, correct? I lov- it is a very nice name.

Nelos: So’s yours, uh, erm…

Maurrie: Maurrie. Maurrie Aurmine.

Nelos: Yes. Maurrie. I was wondering, ah, if you wanted me to return your, you know…

Maurrie: Oh? Oh! No, it’s… quite alright, really. I’m sure you put it to good use!

Nelos: Uhm… sure. Well… sorry, for that.

Maurrie: Really, don’t even mention it! Let’s just move past that, shall we?

Nelos: …of course. Shall we get better acquainted someplace nicer?

Maurrie: Oh, of course Nelos; you’re so dreamy – I mean, dashing – er, polite… yes, polite.

Nelos (visibly more comfortable now): After you, my lady.

*The two depart*

Justafan
Justafan's picture
Oh man, has it really been

Oh man, has it really been four days since my last post? I'm losing what little touch I had...

Denevir, I had just a few clarification questions before I write your next scene. I checked the wiki, and Armond Belluelle is mentioned, but no mention is given to whether or not he's supposed to be alive in the game. So I'm not sure if his wife should be talking about him as if he's on some trip, at home, or passed away.

Also, in regards to the famous mudcrab line, I assume that's the "I saw a mudcrab the other day" line, but I may need a refresher on how exactly that goes. It's been many years since I played Oblivion. Thanks! :)

Make the next scene you give me a big one. Requires lots of research, lore-intensive, whatever it takes. I need something to help me get my steam back.

Yours Truly
Yours Truly's picture
Remember besides Dumac

Remember besides Dumac (dwavern leader) most dwarves were against the chimer, and hated them profoundly. Great work Denevir and Fan :).

Twisted Logic
Twisted Logic's picture
Yours Truly wrote:

Yours Truly wrote:

Remember besides Dumac (dwavern leader) most dwarves were against the chimer, and hated them profoundly. Great work Denevir and Fan :).

Not quite. The Chimer definitely hated the Dwemer, but hate really isn't the right word for vice versa. Contempt would be better; the Dwemer, for the most part, saw them as primitive barbarians, hardly even mer.

Justafan
Justafan's picture
Thanks, Denevir! Here's that

Thanks, Denevir! Here's that scene fully fleshed out. Let me know if you think I should change anything!

Where: Ascadian Isles, outside Piernette's Farmhouse/the Small Farmhouse

When: When the Nerevarine approaches either, but at least a day or two must pass before the scene plays out in front of the one not approached first.

NPCs: Piernette Beluelle, Travelling-New-Woman

Dialogs:

*Outside Piernette’s Farmhouse*

TNW: Have you received any word from Armond lately?

Piernette: *sighs* No news yet. The last letter was weeks ago.

TNW: I’m sure he’s fine. Don’t let it get to you.

Piernette: Oh, I know he is. He always is. *laughs lightly* You should have seen him back when we first met. The man is invincible, I tell you. Every day, he would come home bragging about the scores of bandits and other nasty creatures he staved off. And he’d usually have some new scar to show for it. Gods, he’d wear those things like a badge of honor.

TNW: Then why are you so worried for him.

Piernette: Really, I’m not. I do miss him dreadfully, though. I can only imagine how lonely he must be, all alone in that filthy swamp. Erm, no offense.

TNW: Nonsense! The Black Marsh is particularly beautiful this time of year, I’ll have you know.

Piernette: Beautiful it may be, but it could never compare to the mountains and glades of High Rock, where I’m sure Armond would be much more comfortable.

TNW (graciously): Oh really? How so?

Piernette: Oh, it’s ever so much nicer than here. Here in Vvardenfell, everything is so humid and hot. Except for the ashlands, which are less humid and even more hot. But in High Rock, the air is crisp and clear, like a cooling breeze on your face. Nice, even temperatures and light, refreshing rainfall. We are bordered by a glimmering sea and supported by towering mountains; it’s a paradise, I tell you! Oh, I could go on for hours…

TNW: Well, you must tell me more sometime.

*Outside the Small Farmhouse*

Piernette: …so they caught you, I presume?

TNW: Yes. I’m not sure what happened to the boy, but I wasn’t about to wait and find out. *laughs* I ran faster than I ever knew I could that day. Looking back on it, I don’t think my parents actually chased after me for more than a minute. I ran for a good ten.

Piernette: Were you in trouble after that?

TNW: Not hardly as much as I thought I would be. But I was a child, and prone to an excessive imagination. Anyways, there I was, dashing through bogs and mires to escape the wrath of my parents, all the way to the naming ceremony I was supposed to be at. All the other children found this quite amusing, and I’ve been called Traveling-New-Woman to this day as a result. It was all in good humor, though.

Piernette (sounding slightly confused): Fascinating…

*after an awkward pause*

TNW: I saw a mudcrab the other day, you know.

Piernette: Revolting creatures.

Also, I love that new scene idea! The general backstory of Morrowind is something I've been studying lately, so I think I'd be able to do that scene justice. I'll try to have it here by tomorrow!

Yours Truly
Yours Truly's picture
Would be hilarious in an

Would be hilarious in an empty room :P

Yours Truly
Yours Truly's picture
Justafan wrote:

Justafan wrote:

Yours Truly, in response to your comment on the drunk bounty hunter scene, I see what you mean. For the scene if you don't rat out HHE, they're still in the brothel, and I tried to make Daric sound drunk from his lapses in memory and logic. The reason I didn't really do this in the second scene is because I wanted him sobered up at this point. I felt that it wouldn't really make sense for HHE to be so easily captured by Daric if he was in the same state as he was in the other scene. I can change that, but if I do, I'll probably have to rework the whole scene to be generally less logic-intensive on poor Daric's mind. If you have any suggestions on how to do that, please don't hesitate to let me know! :)

Simple, the argonian won't go back alive. He attacks, and you help Daric kill him

Justafan
Justafan's picture
Thanks again! I went ahead

Thanks again! I went ahead and made those changes, but I guess that would come with another question. I've written scenes with other Argonians before, such as the bounty hunter scene, so would you want me to go back and change those as well? It wouldn't be too much trouble.

Also, on the subject of the bounty hunter scene, I created an alternate ending for you, Yours Truly, with a significantly more drunk Daric and a dead Hides-His-Eyes at the end. Tell me what you think!

Small Talk scene:

Where: Ascadian Isles, outside Piernette's Farmhouse/the Small Farmhouse

When: When the Nerevarine approaches either, but at least a day or two must pass before the scene plays out in front of the one not approached first.

NPCs: Piernette Beluelle, Travelling-New-Woman

Dialogs:

*Outside Piernette’s Farmhouse*

TNW: Has it received any word from Armond lately?

Piernette: *sighs* No news yet. The last letter was weeks ago.

TNW: This one is sure that one is fine. It should not let it get to her.

Piernette: Oh, I know he is. He always is. *laughs lightly* You should have seen him back when we first met. The man is invincible, I tell you. Every day, he would come home bragging about the scores of bandits and other nasty creatures he staved off. And he’d usually have some new scar to show for it. Gods, he’d wear those things like a badge of honor.

TNW: Then why is it so worried for that one?

Piernette: Really, I’m not. I do miss him dreadfully, though. I can only imagine how lonely he must be, all alone in that filthy swamp. Erm, no offense.

TNW: Nonsense! The Marsh is beautiful this time of year, it should know.

Piernette: Beautiful it may be, but it could never compare to the mountains and glades of High Rock, where I’m sure Armond would be much more comfortable.

TNW (graciously): Oh really? This one wishes to hear more.

Piernette: Oh, it’s ever so much nicer than here. Here in Vvardenfell, everything is so humid and hot. Except for the ashlands, which are less humid and even more hot. But in High Rock, the air is crisp and clear, like a cooling breeze on your face. Nice, even temperatures and light, refreshing rainfall. We are bordered by a glimmering sea and supported by towering mountains; it’s a paradise, I tell you! Oh, I could go on for hours…

TNW: Well, it must tell this one more some time.

*Outside the Small Farmhouse*

Piernette: …so they caught you, I presume?

TNW: Yes. This one is not sure what happened to the boy, but it wasn’t about to wait and find out. *laughs* This one ran faster than it ever knew it could that day. Looking back on it, this one does not think its parents actually chased after it for more than a minute. But this one ran for a good ten.

Piernette: Were you in trouble after that?

TNW: Not hardly as much as this one thought it would be. But this one was a child, and prone to an excessive imagination. Anyways, there it was, dashing through bogs and mires to escape the wrath of its parents, all the way to the naming ceremony it was supposed to be at. All the other children found this quite amusing, and this one has been called Traveling-New-Woman to this day as a result. It was all in good humor, though.

Piernette (sounding slightly confused): Fascinating…

*after an awkward pause*

TNW: This one saw a mudcrab the other day.

Piernette: Revolting creatures.

Alternate Bounty Hunter Scene (if player betrays Haj-Ei):

Daric (entering tradehouse, hollering to nobody in particular): Hey! I’m looking for a big, stupid, smelly lizard! Anyone seen’im? Hey, Hides-His-Pies, get out here you stupid worthless reptile!

HHE (coming from upstairs, calmly): What is wrong, friend? It appears to be in quite a temper.

Daric (still shouting): You hideous piece of trash! You think I don’t know? YOU THINK I DON’T KNOW?! I’ll have you know, I am a master at deducsth- uctsh- uction. And I know your game, Hajsch-Eschj (beginning to fall into heavy slurring)  *To player* Hey, what’s-his-face, come help me shackle this backstabbing argroni- argro… - lizard!

HHE: No! It cannot do this! This one cannot go back there!

*the two fight, with the player’s help. Daric should be rigged to win, if that’s possible.*

Yours Truly
Yours Truly's picture
Great work! My only comment

Great work! My only comment is that if you want to you can use "I" for argonians too, just mix them up so as not to lose the gamer's interest. Muy excellente mi amigo!

Twisted Logic
Twisted Logic's picture
I actually prefer them not

I actually prefer them not use "I". Argonians are the most alien of all the races in TES and see the world and their place therein in a very different way than other races; their concept of individuality and self is not the same as our own.

Smitehammer
Smitehammer's picture
Contributor
Argonians say 'This one'.

Argonians say 'This one'.

Justafan
Justafan's picture
Okay, all the argonian

Okay, all the argonian-related scenes I've made have been updated, along with the few changes you requested in the most recent scene. No one will ever know that Haj-Ei once spoke like an imperial! :)

Dahrk Mezalf soon to come.

EDIT: Oh, huh. Just looked at a quote from Travelling-New-Woman, turns out she does, in fact, speak like an imperial. Weird. But I think it's better the way I changed it to anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it.

"My parents told me not to lick the Hist tree until my Naming Day, so I did. My parents caught me and a boy from my nest in a soft-leaf patch right before the naming ceremony. I feared I'd get more of a licking from my parents than I gave the tree... So I ran as fast as I could through the swamp and into the rest of the kids waiting for their naming ceremony. Everyone had a good laugh and the name stuck."

Yours Truly
Yours Truly's picture
Amazing work justafan, you

Amazing work justafan, you have done a great job

ThereIsNoExit
ThereIsNoExit's picture
1. In any city with

1. In any city with Siltstrider , not far from it.

2. Late in the evening (11 pm or so ) , at the approach of the Nerevarin . Never happens again.

3. Two citizens, homeless, or any other suspicious characters.

- ... And it's not even guarded.

- Of course. Who needs it ?

- You know how much their drivers taking money for their services . Imagine, how much profit they are getting!..

- And what, you want to steal this walker for yourself? You don't even know how to operate it ! How to feed it ! Where to hide it ! Don't even think about it .

- Okay, okay . I'm just thinking out loud ... just hypothetically ... I'm afraid of heights anyway .

- Now THAT what you had to start from ...  

Kohl
Kohl's picture
this makes me want to hijack

this makes me want to hijack a siltstrider x)

Justafan
Justafan's picture
Here's that Dahrk scene,

Here's that Dahrk scene, finally!

Where: Bthungthumz

When: During the quest "Dahrk Mezalf"

NPCs: Dahrk Mezalf

Dialogs:

*When the player listens in, stealthily*

Dahrk: No, no, no, no! This won’t do at all! No, give me that- this is a job for dwemer hands, not your clumsy pincers… Come on, everyone, we need to get this place in order! Need I remind you, Kagrenac himself is coming, and I’m not about to let him see this chaos! You, centurion 6! Yes, you! Sweep up the table, will you? NO, not the whole table…! To think I built these pieces of scrap metal myself…useless!

Maybe you just don’t understand how important this is for me. We NEED to do this right! These creations could be what finally gets me recognition among the others. If I impress Kagrenac enough, I might even get that audience with Dumac I’ve been hoping for! But that will never happen if I can’t get this place into some state of order! Hey- HEY! Where do you think you’re going with that soul gem?! I NEED that!

*calmer, muttering to self* ….of course, maybe my experiment could even help with Kagrenac’s Lorkhan conundrum… though I doubt that idea is going to get very far regardless of my help. He’s tampering with things we don’t understand, and tools or no, it’s dangerous stuff… That is NOT where that gear goes, sphere number 5!! Higher, higher, no, lower, a little lower… perfect! Wait, no, don’t let it go, nononono NO!! Oh, what have you done?! This will take hours to fix!

*If player enters*

An intruder! Kill them, kill them! My work must not be disturbed!

Justafan
Justafan's picture
Scene for "An Invisible Son":

Where: Vivec, St. Delyn Plaza, Lucrenitaus Olcinius: Trader

When: After the quest: "An Invisible Son"

NPCs: Lucretinaus Olcinius, Crassius Olcinius

Dialogs:

Lucretinaus: I’m disappointed in you, son.

Crassius: I’m telling you, it wasn’t my fault! It was that stupid wizard, Fevyn! He was the one that wouldn’t turn me back!

Lucretinaus: And he had every reason not to. You’re lucky that someone came along to bail you out. Most people wouldn’t have bothered to help an oaf such as you.

Crassius: I wouldn’t have needed bailing out at all if that wizard wasn’t so stingy!

Lucretinaus: You selfishly asked for something you had no money to pay for. That’s the price you pay for abusing his trust and interrupting his business.

Crassius: Business? Business?! That’s all you ever care about, business! You noticed I was missing and felt that you were too busy manning your shop to even come looking for me! Maybe I did mess up, okay?! But that’s only because you were never there to teach me the right thing to do!

Lucretinaus (voice rising): How. Dare. You. To think I raised such an insolent son-

Crassius: You hardly raised me at all!

Ordinator (the one that guards the shop): *AHEM* …Excuse me, but it appears you have a customer.

*awkward pause*

Lucretinaus (voice quiet again, but visibly irritated): Yes, it appears so. *to Crassius* We will continue this discussion later.

Crassius: …yes, father. *leaves*

Lucretinaus (to player): Sorry you had to hear that. Did you need anything?

EDIT: Aw, unexplained negative karma makes me feel sad...

Justafan
Justafan's picture
Oh man, another scene! I'm on

Oh man, another scene! I'm on a roll!

Oddly enough, the father in this scene is basically on the opposite end of the parenting spectrum from the father in the last one.

Where: Tel Aruhn, Plot and Plaster

When: After the quest "Marsus Tullius' Missing Hides"

NPCs: Stentus Tullius, Marsus Tullius

Dialogs:

*If the player gave the hides to Marsus*

Marsus: …so I got the hides back from those thieves, and in surprisingly decent condition, too!

Stentus: You have to be more careful, Marsus. Those ashlanders are dangerous, and they will not hesitate to kill you if you anger them.

Marsus: It seemed like they were already considering it just over a few guar hides…

Stentus: Yes, and that is why I’m not going to send you on any more trading expeditions through that region. It’s simply too dangerous, and I’m not going to risk losing my son to some greedy vagrants.

Marsus: Perhaps we should just stick to trading with the Legion. This is a hostile place, and I think we’d be on much better terms with other imperials who understand the concept of civil trade. Perhaps I could even join them and give us some connections there.

Stentus: That’s not a bad idea, son. I’m proud of you.

Marsus: Thank you, father.

*If the player chooses not to return the hides*

Marsus: …so I learned that the hides actually belonged to the Erabenimsun the entire time! They were just stealing back what was theirs.

Stentus: Hmm, that’s a pity. Still, I’m just glad you’re safe, son. The Ashlanders are dangerous people, and they do not take offences lightly. You’re lucky they didn’t harm you.

Marsus: Well, it helped that I had a mediator to settle the dispute.

Stentus: You might not always have one, though. I suggest that you go try to make amends with the tribe.

Marsus: What, you mean go to their camp? I’ve heard they’re not exactly friendly towards outlanders like us…

Stentus: Which is exactly why it is important to apologize before their opinions of us get any worse. Just be cautious, restrain your tongue, and for the love of the Nine, don’t steal any more of their things.

Marsus: Haha, of course not, father. Perhaps I should pursue the Legion instead of this trading business. It seems I’m no good at foreign relations.

Stentus: Whatever you choose to do, son, I know you’ll choose the right thing. I’m proud of you.

Marsus: Thank you, father.

Yours Truly
Yours Truly's picture
Justafan wrote:

Justafan wrote:

Where: Vivec, St. Delyn Plaza, Lucrenitaus Olcinius: Trader

When: After the quest: "An Invisible Son"

NPCs: Lucretinaus Olcinius, Crassius Olcinius

Dialogs:

Lucretinaus: I’m disappointed in you, son.

Crassius: I’m telling you, it wasn’t my fault! It was that stupid wizard, Fevyn! He was the one that wouldn’t turn me back!

Lucretinaus: And he had every reason not to. You’re lucky that someone came along to bail you out. Most people wouldn’t have bothered to help an oaf such as you.

Crassius: I wouldn’t have needed bailing out at all if that wizard wasn’t so stingy!

Lucretinaus: You selfishly asked for something you had no money to pay for. That’s the price you pay for abusing his trust and interrupting his business.

Crassius: Business? Business?! That’s all you ever care about, business! You noticed I was missing and felt that you were too busy manning your shop to even come looking for me! Maybe I did mess up, okay?! But that’s only because you were never there to teach me the right thing to do!

Lucretinaus (voice rising): How. Dare. You. To think I raised such an insolent son-

Crassius: You hardly raised me at all!

Ordinator (the one that guards the shop): *AHEM* …Excuse me, but it appears you have a customer.

*awkward pause*

Lucretinaus (voice quiet again, but visibly irritated): Yes, it appears so. *to Crassius* We will continue this discussion later.

Crassius: …yes, father. *leaves*

Lucretinaus (to player): Sorry you had to hear that. Did you need anything?

I like the idea, but could use some refining, it sounds a bit too casual. Include more respect and fear for one's elders, any father would tan his hide right then and there. Also, the ordinator is being too creep and personal. Let him mind his own business. Simply have  the conversation end and a line when you talk to or near the father i.e. the golden claw quest in Riverwood. Keep it up :)

ThereIsNoExit
ThereIsNoExit's picture
Where: a tavern, near to the

Where: a tavern, near to the sea port (maybe, in Seyda Neen)

When: anytime when player arrives 

NPCs: two dunmers (traveler and listener)

Dialogs:

-  ...and boiled chicken eggs . Tastes like scrib jelly. But they can not be stored for a long time , so any adventurers carry another type of food, that does not rot for longer, with them. Bread, roasted goat leg , a piece of goat cheese and a bottle of ale - the usual adventurer's diet.

- So, i already know about bread and ale. And about the goat leg and "cheese", what is that?

- Well, goat leg tastes like meat of Slatherfish, but tougher and not so bitter. And a cheese ... um ... as far as I've heard, they are collecting the milk goats are feeding their young ones with... mixing it and leaving it until soured whey comes out...

- In the name of Asura , stop spoiling my appetite, huh?

- Heh... You have a face now, exactly like my Imperial guide, which I described how do we extract milk from kwama...

( Both laughs )

Yours Truly
Yours Truly's picture
Denevir, a Monty python nerd.

Denevir, Mway1, Monty python nerds. Truly you are gods. This is my only line.

Yours Truly
Yours Truly's picture
You too

:) You too then. 

Yours Truly
Yours Truly's picture
"He's not the incarnate, he's

"He's not the incarnate, he's a very naughty boy!"

"Nobody expects the order of the inquisition... s'wit. Our chief weapon is suprise, fear and suprise. And our actual weapons"

"You can't arrest me! I never elected Vivec! Help! Help! I'm being oppressed!"

...some rough ideas

Smitehammer
Smitehammer's picture
Contributor
A bump for writers to post

A bump for writers to post some samples.

Smitehammer
Smitehammer's picture
Contributor
Bumping this again because

Bumping this again because the search function is still broken and I need to refer back to this thread all the time.

5thKettle
5thKettle's picture
Where: The Balmora Corner

Where: The Balmora Corner Club  '

When: When the player first enters it    

Why: I thought this scene would introduce the player to two things about the Thieves guild: 1) The times are not good (there is little to pay with); 2) There is rivalry with Commona Tong (mentioned as thugs) and it's not going too well, 3) The Fighters guild is on them (mentioned as the reason for low payment) as well. It also foreshadows the code book quest.  

NPCs: Sugar-Lips Habasi and Arathor  

Arathor: - I expect more from this, you have to understand. The place was crawling with Commona thugs, I barely made out unnoticed. In fact, I am not too sure if I wasn't noticed!  

- Little one, the price for this job is as it was... negotiated. Hand over the book and take your payment. Khajiit is tired of haggling.  

- Again, I refuse. Unless you pay extra. The security was unbelievable, not something I would call "an easy job". I have to thank Akatosh I made out alive.  

- This one will not barter no longer and that is the end of it. Little one, you know your ability to haggle is well respected. However, the guild needs this book desperately. With the Fighters Guild on our heels, this is all we can spare. This one hopes you can understand.  

- Sigh... I guess there is nowhere else for me to go about selling this, isn't there?  

- Yes, little one, nobody else needs this information. Now hand over the book and Habasi will make sure it is well hidden.   

Arathor leaves and goes about his schedule as normal.  

- Khajiit hopes you did not listen... for your own good.

lastmaster
lastmaster's picture
Some of this I have written

Some of this I have written previously, some of it new, here we go:

Where: Mzuleft

When: First time player enters the area

NPCs: Duluk gro-Ghash and Glasha gra-Magar

Dialogs:

Duluk gro-Ghash: My axe looks funny.

Glasha gra-Magar: It looks fine to me.

Duluk gro-Ghash: Not as fine as you...

Glasha gra-Magar: Shut up before i find a proper place to shove that axe.

Where: Vas

When: Anytime

NPCs: Debentien Sylbenitte and Jeberilie Moniel

Dialogs:

Debentien Sylbenitte: Jeberilie, I can't sleep without thinking of you! I can't eat without saying your name. Your voice is always on my mind.. And your beauty...

Jeberilie Moniel: Enough about my beauty. After yesterday, how can you expect me to believe anything you say!

Debentien Sylbenitte: It was a simple misunderstanding! I swear it wasn't the way it looked! She kissed me!

Jeberilie Moniel: And you took no enjoyment out of it?

Debentien Sylbenitte: ... Errr..

Jeberilie Moniel: I knew it!... Sigh.. I am tired, I will forgive you this time, but if i ever see you with anyone else again, it is over, the wedding is off.

Debentien Sylbenitte: Oh Jeberilie, how much i love you.

Jeberilie Moniel: Save it. Just never let it happen again.

Where: Tel Branora

When: Anytime

NPCs: Galen Berer and Mollimo of Cloudrest

Dialogs:

Galen Berer: I telling you, i cannot finish it on the time you have given me. It is just not possible.

Mollimo of Cloudrest: Then you will make it possible. My men needs those blades and they need them yesterday..

Galen Berer: If you think it so easy, then why don't you pick up a hammer and make them yourself?

Mollimo of Cloudrest: If i could do it myself, then i wouldn't have to pay you, now would i? I already pay you quite well, but hey, i feel quite generous today, finish it in two days and i will double the price.

Galen Berer:Sigh... Let me see what i can do.

Mollimo of Cloudrest: You know where to find me.

Where: Gnisis

When: Random

NPCs: Clilias Pullia and another member of Imperial Legion (lets call him bob)

Dialogs:

Bob: Does that wall bothering you? Because you look pissed off.

Clilias Pullia: I am sick and tired of all the waiting we are doing. When I joined the Imperial army, they promised a lot more fighting and less standing around!

Bob: Why the hurry? You are just a recruit, your time will come and sooner than you expect, trust me.

Clilias Pullia: Hurry? People are dying out there... Innocent people! We could protect them, but instead, we are just standing around, enjoying the weather!

Bob: Is this about your friend? The one who died before you joined?

After a pause"

Clilias Pullia: Yes... I miss him so much. *** I was right next to him when they killed him for just a few coins. I could not help him. I wasn't strong enough. Now I am trained and I could be out there, searching for the people who killed him, but instead I am waiting orders.

Bob: Get used to it kid. Nothing happens instantaneously. If you want justice... or even revenge, that will take time. But forgiving yourself will take  even longer.

Clilias Pullia: I.. understand. Thanks for the advice.

Where: Bal Fell

When:

NPCs: Darane Mencele and Durzub gro-Bogamakh

Dialogs:

Darane Mencele: *Chanting something incomprehensible, all by herself.*

Durzub gro-Bogamakh: (See's her talking to herself) What are you bubbling about? 

Darane Mencele: You wouldn't understand.

Durzub gro-Bogamakh: Try me.

Darane Mencele: Are you familiar with the works of Tiakama Linendro?

Durzub gro-Bogamakh: Can't say I am, Is he a writer or something?

Darane Mencele: "She".. is a researcher of ancient and forgotten magic. Like I said, you wouldn't understand.

Durzub gro-Bogamakh: Every conversation has to be in circles with you, isn't it! Sigh. Anyway, I need some air.

Hope you guys like it, at least some of it..

Taerkalith
Taerkalith's picture
I'll make a motion for a

I'll make a motion for a moderator the lock this thread. It's old and antiquated. For the two individuals who posted recently, Idle banter has already been written and is complete. Though thanks for your submissions anyways.

Edit: If you are interested in writing random encounters, primarily for out in the wilderness, check the random encounters thread.

Aesop
Aesop's picture
Contributor
Just wanted to clarify

Just wanted to clarify further: Justafan has been running the random encounters team for the past month or so which has been paired down to a few writers. We've already been writing new encounters content within a private thread.

If anybody wants to get Justafan's attention and try to join the RE writers crew, PM him for more info. Thanks everybody!

Pages