136 posts / 0 new
Last post
Yours Truly
Yours Truly's picture
Where: Dren plantation

Where: Dren plantation

When: anytime during day

NPC's: guards

Two Argonians or Khajiit standing together, muttering random hubbub.  Guards walks up

Guard: Back to work you useless N'wahs! (or lizards/cats)

(for khajiit) Don't make me angry, I've been wanting a bew rug for some time now. 

(for Argonian) Don't make me angry. Your kind may like water, but I'd wager the slaughterfish would like you even more!

Establishing tone of the cruelty of Dren.

thegentlemancaller
thegentlemancaller's picture
I think it would be great if

I think it would be great if there was a small scene incorporated into the first visit of each major city. This would be akin to the small "skits" that transpired in Skyrim when the Dragonborn would visit each hold capital the first time (i.e., the marketplace murder in Markarth, the execution in Solitude, etc.)

This would likely encompass only the major cities: Balmora, Caldera, Vivec (Foreign Quarter), Vivec (Temple), Gnisis, Suran, Dagon Fel, Ald-ruhn, etc). Or it could include the lesser hamlets as well if it was desired (such as Gnaar Mok, etc.) It would be a great intro to the city and the socio-political climate in that region. It could also include the ashlander tribes.

For example, the first time the Nerevarine shows up in Ald-ruhn, s/he could see a street fight / argument between a scheming Hlallu merchant and and noble Redoran warrior. Or the first time the Nerevarine shows up at Erabenimsun camp, s/he sees a conflict between the peace-loving sect and the close-minded, arrogant, warrior sect. Perhaps the Nerevarine witnesses a "weak" peace-loving Erabenimsun member banished for speaking out against Ulath-Pal?

Yours Truly
Yours Truly's picture
Some white guar ranting from

Some white guar ranting from Urshamusa Rapli in Ahemmusa camp would be a nice touch.

Ociee
Ociee's picture
Where: Any path through the

Where: Any path through the Ascadian Isles, at or near local Hlaalu Plantations/ In Azura's Coast Region near Telvanni Slave markets.

When: Anytime when strolling through the isles, preferably a more common sight since slaves are a fiercely held cultural commodity. 

NPCS: Argonian or Khajiit slave(s), Dunmer Slave Driver 1, Dunmer Slave Driver 2, maybe a pack guar?

Two slave drivers clad in locally made netch armor push one (or two) slaves through the isles, speaking deprecatingly of the slave or of imperial laws.

Dialog:

Idle conversation:

Slave: "I am old and tired, I should spend my last years tending my children, my lost and lonely children..."

Slave driver 1:"The only thing you'll ever tend is saltrice and corkbulb"

Alternate Dialog 

Slave: Where am I? Where are you taking me? Slavery was supposed to be banned across the empire!

Slave driver 2: *scoffs* "Hrmph, Imperial Law..."

Slave driver1: Banned everywhere but in Morrowind, you ignorant beast

Slave: "As long as your people keep slaves, it is you who will always be the more beast-like"

When approached:

Slave driver: "Step away outlander, this doesn't concern you"

or

Slave Driver: "If you come between the master and his slaves you'll be sorry"

or

Slave Driver: "We're not afraid to kill abolitionists, outlander"

Upon Freeing the slave

Freed Slave: "Thank you outlander *gives slave brace* bring this to the twin lamps in Ebonheart and they will compensate you for your efforts"

Upon being freed the former slave flees into the distance, leaving two dead Dunmer in his wake.

That's all I could think of so far, maybe someone else could add to it or improve it?

Orpheus
Orpheus's picture
Not sure if any of you guys

Not sure if any of you guys tried this mod, but trust me: it adds tons of depth to the beginnin of the game.

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/22921/?#

It really makes you feel like a real prisoner being released, without altering at all the lorefriendliness.
It's pretty much a scene without voice dialogs and quite easy to build in CK, but it think is worth as much as a dynamic scene.
Could surely be an inspiration.

Smitehammer
Smitehammer's picture
Contributor
I think, in addition to the

I think, in addition to the one-time scenes laid out so far in this thread (and even more important for immersion) we should have scenes of idle chat for the NPCs to converse with each other and 'to themselves'.  I've outlined an overview here.  The actual implementation of this idea will be a matter of mechanics, but the immediate work of organization must be done so people can start writing and recording.

So we need a way to have a list of 'NPC clusters' by cells (as well as individual NPCs not found in interior cells - along roads and whatnot), a way for people to get dialogue written for these NPCs approved, and upload these 'approved' lines to a publicly accessible spreadsheet (perhaps a Google-doc?) so the voice actors of those NPCs can go ahead and record the lines for these characters and upload them to the SkyCloud.

So a folder for the "Wolverine Hall Mages' Guild", with list of each individual in that cell.  Dialogued text conversations for the entire cell would be in the "Wolverine Hall Mages' Guild" folder for reference, and individual lines would be put onto a Google doc spreadsheet for the voice actors to record and upload.

Voice actors will know what characters they're voicing, and many of them would like to do more lines anyway - a lot of characters have only one or two lines.  Time is an important factor, as we need to get this sorted while we still have access to the people recording the lines.

Anyone ideas on how best to go about this?

PhilipN
PhilipN's picture
Where: Guild of Mages,

Where: Guild of Mages, Balmora

When: Any time

NPCs: Marayn Dren, Galbedir

Dialogue: MD: I heard a nasty rumor about Sharn the other day involving, well, nasty things.

G: Oh, do tell.

MD: I'll only say that her "skeleton in the closet" has walked out the closet.

GendunDrup
GendunDrup's picture
Where:

Where:

Anywhere and everywhere

When:

When NPCs get close to each other and start a conversation 

NPCs:
Any NPC

Dialogs:

NPC 1​: I saw a Mudcrab the other day.

NPC 2​: Horrible creatures.

GendunDrup
GendunDrup's picture
Where:

Where:

Anywhere and everywhere

When:

When NPCs get close to each other and start a conversation 

NPCs:
Any NPC

Dialogs:

NPC 1​: I saw some Mudcrabs by the water recently, I steered clear of them.

NPC 2​: Disgusting creatures, I hope never see another.

Yours Truly
Yours Truly's picture
As much as I love those lines

As much as I love those lines, I think we should avoid Obilivon lines and just create new ones

Morrocookie
Morrocookie's picture
Where: Akulakhan's Chamber

Where: Akulakhan's Chamber

When: Upon the destruction of Akulakhan

NPCs: Dagoth Ur

(During this scene your character will become controlled and unable to move, so that they don't run off and miss this endgame event)

Upon the destruction of the Heart, the Nerevarine looks back and witnesses Akulakhan falling to pieces, metallic shrieks filling the chamber as the great beast collapses. Following its destruction, silence fills the now empty chamber and the Nerevarine turns around from watching his accomplishment to see Dagoth-Ur kneeling before him(Or Dagoth walks toward the character and falls onto his knees). Dagoth's head lifts and he stares right back at the player; lifting his mask and laying it on the ground before the Nerevarine's feet (Alternatively the mask dissolves off his face to ash, this version is to support another scene I've thought of). He looks back toward you and gives you a curious look, as if he sees something in you, perhaps the familiar feeling of an old friend... A small smile of contentment pierces his face as his body dissolves to ash; the player is left wondering why that smile had appeared.

I like not to view Dagoth as an entirely evil character, but as a fallen hero who had simply been seduced by the power of the Heart. After this scene, the player is able to pick up his mask; which will be put to use in another scene I've thought up. If my other scene is not approved the mask can simply be reduced to ash and remain unobtainable (Though what Morrowind player hasn't wished they received his mask?).

*Edit* This image shared by Smitehammer in the chatroom inspired me to imagine this scene, just thought I'd pass it along; I feel more emotion needs to be present in the endgame. http://eonixa.deviantart.com/art/Unmorned-380084137

Morrocookie
Morrocookie's picture
Where: Outside the Dagoth-Ur

Where: Outside the Dagoth-Ur Dwemer Ruin

When: After returning to have the optional conversation with Vivec after defeating Dagoth-Ur

NPCs: The Ghost of Saint Nerevar

(This scene would be possible after receiving Dagoth-Ur's mask in the previous scene I wrote out and would be a completely unmarked quest/event)

You've defeated the "Devil" Dagoth-Ur and now hold his mask. Well, what can you do with it? On one hand you can wear it as decoration, though its power has been sapped with the Heart's destruction and Dagoth's death. Or perhaps you feel guilty holding the second face of a fallen hero, who had never been given a proper burial. Well, you can change that. You ascend Red Mountain once again, the ghost-fence deactivated, it's paths free of blighted creatures and the sky blue above you. Returning to the Dwemer ruin of Dagoth-Ur, you collect small volcanic rocks strewn across the exterior of the ruin and assemble them into a small cairn outside the entrance to the ruin. You now may place the mask of Dagoth-Ur onto this monument (Though it will be impossible to pick it back up after doing so). Upon placing the mask, your character stands in place and looks to his right as a whispering noise is heard (Similar to those heard in Ancestral Tombs perhaps) and the ghost of a figure appears. The figure, clad in the armor of a warrior, approaches the cairn and kneels before it; he takes a moment showing his respects with a hand on the cairn before taking out a small knife and etching something onto the stones. The figure now stands, turns to the Nerevarine, and nods his head in appreciation and respect. He then turns back the way he came and disappears as he walks away. Etched onto the stone reads "Lord Voryn Dagoth, Trusted Friend, Unmourned No Longer".

PhilipN
PhilipN's picture
Where: Seyda Neen

Where: Seyda Neen

When: Before completing "Death of a Taxman"

NPCs: Any two NPCs in Seyda Neen

Dialogs: NPC 1: Did you hear? Processus Vitellius has gone missing.

NPC 2: The tax collector? That fetcher stole half the gold he levied.

AquillesUK
AquillesUK's picture
Where: City markets or temple

Where: City markets or temple districts and Imperial cities

When: Normal NPC day schedule

NPC's: Tribunal and Nine divines preacher's

Dialogue: Make a rant dialogue similar to the priest of talos in Whiterun, for the temple and imperial cult,

This will also show the religious strife that is present in Morrowind, It would also be interesting to see a conflict in ashlander camps eg. An imperial priest attacked by ashlander tribe.

AquillesUK
AquillesUK's picture
Where: Hla Oad

Where: Hla Oad

When: Normal NPC day

NPC's: Two random NPC's a nord and an orc

Dialogs:

Nord: You think he was lying?

Orc: All i know is he said it was West, some ancient shrine.

Nord: He also said there were dragon's ?

Orc: Dragon's don't exist

Nord: I know I'm a Nord.

Orc: (deep breath) Let's begin our search.

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Where:

Where:

Seyda Neen

When:

Beginning of game

NPCs:

Event:

Onboard a prision ship. Thunder can be heard and lightning flashes can be seen within the ship interior, the ship is rocking hard. When you exit the ship trap door the ship sails into the harbour, aka Dragonborn style (same scripts). Its 5am still quite dark, raining hard, thunder and lighting all around.

Yours Truly
Yours Truly's picture
I like this idea, it would

I like this idea, it would definitely add more to the tone of the begriming, I could see lot's of lamps at the docks for better accuracy at night, also holds potential for a few lines back and forth between guards i.e.

A: We're here

B: Finally, I can't wait to be rid of this lot and out of this blasted swamp.

A: I could go for a flask at Arille's before we leave, the brandy has run dry."

(Upon docking)

A: Ok prisoner, get a move on. We haven't got all day

Justafan
Justafan's picture
Hello, my name is David Rufin

Hello, my name is David Rufin, and I am a long-time fan of the Elder Scrolls series. I played Morrowind at a young age, and as a result have trouble remembering specifics, but I remember it well enough to know that I loved the hell out of it and am happy to lend any support I can towards its restoration. I've been observing the goings-on of this project for a little while now, and I really want to do my part to help, but the only issue is that I'm really not an expert in anything. I can't do design, I suck at art, I can come up with songs but have no software to produce them, etc. All I can really do is write, so I was ecstatic when I saw this thread. Even if this add-on may never come to fruition, I at least want to have contributed to it.

Again, I played this game a while ago, so my knowledge of lore may be more than a little shaky, but I've been watching playthroughs to jog my memory and I have a feel for some of the early questlines. If my ideas are good, I'd be happy to supply more. If they're not great or have errors, feel free to give me advice. If they're crap, be honest and say so, and I'll stop supplying them (don't worry, I can take it). Here are some examples of some of the things I've thought of:

Where: Outside Shulk Egg Mine, southwest of Balmora

When: Upon player's first approach

NPCs: Findulain and Dinok

Dialog:

Dinok: Ah, fresh air. It feels good to get out of the mines, if only for a little while.

Findulain: Too true. That stuffy cave-air was getting to me. You can only stand the smell of concentrated kwarma for so long. It’s been a lot more work since Sevilo and Daynila were dismissed.

Dinok: They were poachers, Findulain. If we don’t stand up to people like them, we’ll lose our livelihood.

Findulain: I understand, but it was nice having a couple extra hands down there, while it lasted.

Where: Balmora Mages’ Guild, basement area

When: Player’s first time visiting this Mage’s guild

NPCs: Ajira and Galbedir

Dialog:

Ajira: Galbedir had better watch her back. Ajira has just spoken with Ranis, and Ranis said that Ajira is well on the way to becoming a Journeyman.

Galbedir: You? A journeyman? Don’t make me laugh. You aren’t nearly capable enough for that. Go back to collecting mushrooms, or whatever it is you do.

Ajira: Galbedir is always so confident about her magical prowess. But why doesn't Galbedir back up that claim? Ajira will bet Galbedir 200 septims that Ajira will reach journeyman before she does.

Galbedir: Fine. I could use some extra coin in my pocket.

*Galbedir leaves the conversation and goes back upstairs*

Sorry for the post length, I couldn't figure out how to put text in little "spoiler" boxes :)

Smitehammer
Smitehammer's picture
Contributor
When:  Opening Title

When:  Opening Title Cinematic (before 'new game' and the like come up on screen - could be bypassed by clicking)

An image of Lorkhan's heart fills the screen - you can see dwemer fittings around the 'valves' but you are too close, and can not see the rest of Akulakhan surrounding it.

The heart is as a faceted jewel, ruby red and refracting light from off-screen torches.  Tibetan bowl music plays in the background.  With each new 'tone' of bell, the heart glows bright from within, a warm ruby-red light.

After a minute or so, a flat note - the heart darkens at it, but slowly returns to its original apperance as more pleasing tones are played.  But then more flat tones play - the heart darkens further with each successive flat note.  The resonance of the heart becomes distorted as it goes from a rich and vibrant ruby red to a blackened crimson.  The peal of Sixth House bells continue their discordant clamor as the sound and scene fade to black.

Cue parchment symbol of the Tribunal overlayed with "New Game", "Load Game" etc, and playing of the main theme.

Dragomir
Dragomir's picture
Contributor
That would be so athmospheric

That would be so athmospheric :D I'm sure our musicians can put the music together alright. Heart of Lorkhan... Basically living ebony infused with primal magic essences of the Aetherius.

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
@Justafan This looks good!

@Justafan

This looks good!

Yours Truly
Yours Truly's picture
Justafan wrote:

Justafan wrote:

Hello, my name is David Rufin, and I am a long-time fan of the Elder Scrolls series. I played Morrowind at a young age, and as a result have trouble remembering specifics, but I remember it well enough to know that I loved the hell out of it and am happy to lend any support I can towards its restoration. I've been observing the goings-on of this project for a little while now, and I really want to do my part to help, but the only issue is that I'm really not an expert in anything. I can't do design, I suck at art, I can come up with songs but have no software to produce them, etc. All I can really do is write, so I was ecstatic when I saw this thread. Even if this add-on may never come to fruition, I at least want to have contributed to it.

Again, I played this game a while ago, so my knowledge of lore may be more than a little shaky, but I've been watching playthroughs to jog my memory and I have a feel for some of the early questlines. If my ideas are good, I'd be happy to supply more. If they're not great or have errors, feel free to give me advice. If they're crap, be honest and say so, and I'll stop supplying them (don't worry, I can take it). Here are some examples of some of the things I've thought of:

Where: Outside Shulk Egg Mine, southwest of Balmora

When: Upon player's first approach

NPCs: Findulain and Dinok

Dialog:

Dinok: Ah, fresh air. It feels good to get out of the mines, if only for a little while.

Findulain: Too true. That stuffy cave-air was getting to me. You can only stand the smell of concentrated kwarma for so long. It’s been a lot more work since Sevilo and Daynila were dismissed.

Dinok: They were poachers, Findulain. If we don’t stand up to people like them, we’ll lose our livelihood.

Findulain: I understand, but it was nice having a couple extra hands down there, while it lasted.

Dialog:

Ajira: You had better watch your back, Galbedir. Ajira has just spoken with Ranis, and she said that Ajira is well on her way to becoming a Journeyman.

Galbedir: You? A journeyman? Don’t make me laugh. You aren’t nearly capable enough for that. Go back to collecting mushrooms, or whatever it is you do.

Ajira: You elves are always so confident about your magical prowess. But why don’t you back up that claim? Ajira will bet you 200 septims that you cannot reach journeyman before she does.

Galbedir: Fine. I could use some extra coin in my pocket.

*Galbedir leaves the conversation and goes back upstairs*

Sorry for the post length, I couldn't figure out how to put text in little "spoiler" boxes :)

welcome! I like the shill egg mine conversation and I think I speak for all of us when I say we look forward to more posts from you. My only critique is for your mages guild scene. It may conflict with the dialogue of other members of the guild, who state they that they have been  competing for a while. Try not to start the beginnings of such conflicts in the future, but instead add to the tension already present. I say this keeping in mind you have not played the game for some time. Cheers

Justafan
Justafan's picture
Thank you for the advice,

Thank you for the advice, Yours Truly!

Here is a version of that scene that's hopefully better:

Dialog:

Galbedir: How goes the progress towards Journeyman, Ajira?

Ajira: Smoothly, very smoothly.

Galbedir: Oh really? You said the same thing last week. I just made an enchanted ring for Ranis, which according to her, was “impressive.” Have you collected any “impressive” mushrooms for her lately, Ajira?

Ajira: Ajira's work is more important than Galbedir gives her credit for.

Galbedir: Important enough for you to reach Journeyman before I do? Don’t make me laugh.

And, while I'm at it, a new one:

Where: Ghorak Manor, near the spot where Creeper the scamp sells his wares

When: The first time the player enters

NPCs: Duma gro-Lag, Urul gro-Ghorak, Creeper

Dialog:

Urul: Remind me, Duma, why we let this filthy creature live in our house?

Duma: He’s not harming anyone. And he brings in more money than you do, Urul.

Urul: “IT” is a  daedra. I ought to smash its head in.

Duma: Creeper is smarter than you realize. And he’s not going anywhere.

Urul: Don’t you dare give that thing a name, now. We can keep it, but you better keep making your ugly sculptures, because once I’m done breaking those, “Creeper” is next.

Justafan
Justafan's picture
This one has to do with the

This one has to do with the imperial cult quest involving Nedhelas, where you have to "kill" a ghost that's haunting his cellar.

Where: Caldera, outside

When: When the player approaches Nedhelas for the first time

NPCs: Nedhelas

Dialog:

Nedhelas (muttering to himself): It’s okay, I’ll just sleep on the ground. The ground’s not so bad…maybe find a soft patch of grass… could use my tunic for a pillow…pssh, who needs beds anyway? Beats that house any day…

mrblood767
mrblood767's picture
Thats my favorite on this

Thats my favorite on this page so far

Justafan
Justafan's picture
This conversation takes place

This conversation takes place between the two managers of the Caldera ebony mine, the idea being to provide a hint of the corruption that goes on there.

Where: Governor’s Hall, Caldera

When: Upon the player’s first entry

NPCs: Cunius Pelelius, Odral Helvi

Dialog:

Cunius: I moved the “funds” to the location you requested, Odral.

Odral: With the utmost discretion, I would hope.

Cunius: Of course, sir (question: should Cunius address him as “serah?” Cunius is imperial, so I’m not sure).

Odral: Good. You can never be too careful, with House Redoran constantly sticking its nose in our business. But enough of that. Any update on Dahleena?

Cunius: A thorn in our side, as always.

Odral: Cut rations to the rest of the slaves. Double them for her. That should break up the petty rebellion she’s brewing well enough.

Cunius: Yes, sir.

Edit: Changed "How is Dahleena doing" to "Any update on Dahleena." This is to make the tone seem less friendly than it may have previously appeared.

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
"How is Dahleena doing?"   

"How is Dahleena doing?"    sounds a bit friendly, if you're getting news about someone annoying you (at least that's what I feel, english is not my first language).

Justafan
Justafan's picture
I suppose I imagined him

I suppose I imagined him saying that with a more hostile tone, using the words almost sarcastically. But I can change it if it isn't clear. :)

HeronBlue
HeronBlue's picture
Just played the "Divided by

Just played the "Divided by Nix Hounds" quest:

Where: near to Ald'ruhn, in the west

When: anytime you see the character

NPC's: Falanu Indaren

Dialogue:

FI: (talking to herself, breathing heavily) damn, these... horrible creatures. My love, where are you. (Notices the player) Hey... hey! Oh, Almalexia, i am so grateful to you for you compassion! Outlander, i need your help... (explains the quest)

---

When: when you see the character and you didn't meet Falanu Indaren

NPC's: Drerel Indaren

Dialogue: DI: (he hears noises very near to his hiding) no no no no! Damn creatures, come here and i will slit your... oh, good heavens! Not a beast... but an intelligent being! Outlander, you must help me... (explains the quest)

---

When: when you see the character and you previously met Falanu Indaren

NPC's: Drerel Indaren

Dialogue: DI: (he hears noises very near to his hiding) no no no no! Damn creatures, come here and i will slit your... oh, good heavens! Not a beast... but an intelligent being! What? My wife is still alive then... i'm so incredibly grateful! So, she asked you to bring me back to her arms? And then all right, outlander, show me the way.

--

When: when accompanying Drerel to her wife, the two meet again.

NPC's: Drerel Indaren, Falanu Indaren

Dialogue:

FI: My love! My Drerel is safe and sound! I will be grateful to the gods for all the rest of my life!

Drerel: I was sure that our love could not end in such a terrible way. I will never bring you so far away from the city anymore, it is too dangerous.(then the normal sentences for the end of the quest)

Justafan
Justafan's picture
Here's another scene. This

Here's another scene. This one is indirectly linked to the main questline, so it may need some major tweaking compared to the other ones. As always, I'm open to suggestions!

This scene is to portray Yagrum Bagarn as a wise, but very bitter, ancient being.

Where: Inside the Corpusarium

When: When the player approaches

NPCs: Yagrum Bagarn, Uupse Fyr

Dialog:

Uupse: There, that’s the last of your sores cleaned for today. I’ll be sure to fetch fresh towels for tomorrow.

Yagrum: Thank you, Uupse. I cannot begin to express my gratefulness for all that you and and Divayth have done for me in my time of great weakness.

Uupse: There is no need for that, Yagrum. You have told me before.

Yagrum: *sighs*…sometimes I wonder how it is I came to this. If only you could have seen some of the wonders I created, with these now-useless hands of mine. I was a master crafter, you know, in direct service to Lord Kagrenac himself! But that damned war… *breaks into coughing*

Uupse: Please, try to settle down and get some rest. You need your strength to fight off the corpus, and you know how much these moods tire you out. Divayth will be down soon with another potion for you to try; until then, let’s try to keep down our stress.

Yagrum: …Thank you, Uupse. What would I ever do without you.

GendunDrup
GendunDrup's picture
Where:

Where:

Tel Fyr

When:

Approaching Divaryth Fyr

NPCs:
-Divaryth Fyr

-Beyte Fyr

Dialogs:

Divaryth: Oh Beyte my love, how about you...entertain me a little?

Beyte: Of course father! Let me just chang..

Divaryth: Beyte stop! It seams we have a guest. Do not look at me in such a way outlander, she may be my daughter, but she is also my wife!

Justafan
Justafan's picture
I like it! My only issue

I like it! My only issue would be that Beyte is a female clone of Divaryth himself, so that's, you know, kinda weird... But that could just be because Divaryth is a very weird man, which at times he certainly is. So I guess I really have no idea what to think about this. :)

Twisted Logic
Twisted Logic's picture
You hit the nail on the head:

You hit the nail on the head: it is weird, but so is good ol' Divayth.

Smitehammer
Smitehammer's picture
Contributor
He wouldn't call her his wife

He wouldn't call her his wife.

Twisted Logic
Twisted Logic's picture
That is true

That is true

GendunDrup
GendunDrup's picture
Justafan wrote:

Justafan wrote:

I like it! My only issue would be that Beyte is a female clone of Divaryth himself, so that's, you know, kinda weird... But that could just be because Divaryth is a very weird man, which at times he certainly is. So I guess I really have no idea what to think about this. :)

Dragomir
Dragomir's picture
Contributor
https://soundcloud.com
Justafan
Justafan's picture
This one is based on a House

This one is based on a House Hlaalu quest, where you are sent to undermine Avon Oran's success in the House by killing the queen of the egg mine he owns. Alternately, you can speak with him and demand that he pay you to stay away from the mine. This conversation is a setup to that quest, which can really occur at any time in the game, unless you've already done the quest.

Where: Oran Manor, Suran

When: Upon player’s entry (unless player has already completed the Hlaalu quest 'Inanius Egg Mine')

NPCs: Ravoso Aryon, Serjo Avon Oran

Dialog:

Avon: *sighs deeply*

Ravoso: What’s wrong, serjo?

Avon: It’s this business with Nileno. She’s been trying to surpass me for years now in Hlaalu standing, but lately she’s been awfully silent. I think she’s planning something big.

Ravoso: What could she possibly do to hurt you? You are far wealthier and more powerful than she. Surely she cannot do any lasting damage to a man as enterprising as you. And even if she does, the money from your egg mine would be more than enough to sustain you.

Avon: Don’t underestimate her, Ravoso. I’ve made that mistake far too many times.

Justafan
Justafan's picture
This one is inspired by

This one is inspired by Tajnarasha's dialog scene concerning Master Neloth. I figured it might be nice to hear the situation from his point of view. :)

Where: Tel Naga

When: Upon player’s entry

NPCs: Master Neloth, Arara Uvulas

Dialog:

Neloth: Another note for the books, Arara. In regards to whether infusing human flesh with mudcrab meat imbues the specimen with the natural shock resistance found in the ingredient. Tests on both deceased and living samples have proved inconclusive thus far, and I have reasonable evidence to suggest that it does not.

Arara: Shall I cross that ingredient off the list, then?

Neloth: Please do. That brings us to, let’s see here… *muttering* corkbulb root, corpus weepings, crab meat… ah! Daedra skin. Fetch me a few crates of daedra skin. Yes, the real stuff. No, I don’t care how you obtain it. And fetch me some more of that canis root tea while you’re at it.

Arara: Right away.

Neloth: Oh! And, Arara? On a completely unrelated note, I’m going to need you to find me another apprentice. The other one’s studies have been abruptly cut short by…erm…a crab-related accident.

Arara: *sighs* Of course. The daedra skin may take a few weeks, but I should be able to get you a new apprentice by tomorrow. *mutters to self* The poor soul…

Justafan
Justafan's picture
Hey, everyone-

Hey, everyone-

I've written quite a few short scenes now, and I was wondering if you were planning on implementing any new books into Skywind, to enhance some of the more unspoken lore in the original Morrowind. Because I would love to try my hand at writing a book. I understand if it's an impractical thing to do, and I won't be disappointed if it can't be done. But having a nice, non-intrusive book on something like "Proper Harvesting and Uses of Hackle-Lo Leaves" might be nice. Please let me know what you think!

GendunDrup
GendunDrup's picture
Where:

Where:

Ald Daedroth Antechamber

When:

Approaching Lustidrike

NPCs:
-Generic Golden Saint

-Lustidrike

Dialogs:

Lustidrike: Please, my lovely lady, have a drink, yes, please, have a drink, for sheogorath

Golden Saint: No. Leave me Scamp.

Lustidrike: Oh please... What would sheogorath do? Come now, yes, just a sip 

Golden Saint: Fine, but never speak to me again.

Lustidrike: Please, here you go, yes, yes

Golden Saint: 'Golden Saint passes out'

Lustidrike: For Sheogorath...

Yours Truly
Yours Truly's picture
Justafan, ask a moderator via

Justafan, ask a moderator via private messaging. If you get the green light, go for it and start a thread for writers. :)

Dragomir
Dragomir's picture
Contributor
I had a new idea today,

I had a new idea today, perhaps it's not exactly a scene, but might as well be put in this thread from lack of better ones. It would be really easy to make and would increase the immersion tenfold.

In the Main Quest, there is a moment in which Nibani Maesa - Urshilaku wise woman asks you to leave her tent for a night. When we come back (in MW didn't have to be a whole night though), she says she saw Azura in her vision and that she confirmed that we are the Nerevarine, or at least the signs seem to hint that.

So, I thought it would be nice to spice things up a little. Most of additional content I could probably provide myself too. She asks us to leave, so that she can do her rituals. When we leave her Yurt, we hear muted sounds of a drum beat and Nibani's chanting in Dunmeri (I could do the beat, our talented vocalists could provide the humming ;)). When we try to enter the yurt again we're not allowed to and we get a message saying "you can't interrupt the ritual".

We have to wait, say, about 8 hours. When the drumbeat stops, we may enter the yurt. We find Nibani sitting in front of a guar leather stretched on a framework and looking into it. We can use tanning rack model for that. On that leather there are charcoal drawings, symbols - notes from her visions. These I could provide as well, and we could put it on the leather as an overlay texture. Around her there's plenty of similar symbols scrapped on the ground in her Yurt, next to her lies a guarskin drum. When we talk to her, she explains her vision, just like she'd normally do. But now we have some more indication how getting the vision actually might've looked ;)

Justafan
Justafan's picture
Denevir, here is your first

Denevir, here is your first scene dialoged up to the best of my ability. I'll try to finish the second one by tomorrow. :)

Where: Vivec, Foreign Quarter Plaza

When: After the quest “A Friend in Deed”

NPCs: Alusaron, Ralen Tilvur, Felyn Saranas (this is the one Tilvur signed the contract with, but he isn’t in-game)

Dialog:

Felyn: Ralen Tilvur, correct? I am here to pick up my order.

Ralen: *shakily* Ah, yes, you must be…Felyn…yes. You happened to have caught me at a bad time, if you’ll just-

Felyn: A bad time? You’ve known of my coming for weeks! I trust that was ample time to forge all the weapons I requested?

Ralen: *gulps* Yes, ah, er…yes, well, funny thing, that. You know that contract that you signed, with all the, erm, weapons listed on it? Well, it seems, funnily enough, that I have misplaced it! *nervous laughter*

Felyn (getting angry): Misplaced it?! This was a very important order, I’ll have you know. I came halfway across the island for these.

Ralen: Well, er, “misplaced” is…probably the wrong word. Thieves are always breaking into my shop, you know, taking things, breaking things, you know, like thieves do. I bet they took it!

Felyn (angrier by the second): Thieves?! I was under the impression that you were a man who knew how to maintain a business! Why don’t you hire a guard for something like that?!

Ralen: Well, I-

Felyn: I don’t want to hear any more of your excuses. Is this how you treat all your customers? Or is this some personal vendetta against me?

Ralen: Well,uh, that’s not really a fair question-

Felyn: Enough! I see I shall have to take my business elsewhere!

(Felyn storms away, but doesn’t get far before Alusaron, doing a poor job pretending not to eavesdrop, cuts him off.)

Alusaron: Sir! Please,excuse me. I couldn’t help but overhear your dilemma, and I think I may be able to assist you.

Felyn: I don’t have time for this.

Alusaron: Ah, but I have an offer for you that may pique your interest. It just so happens that I, being a smith myself, was making a set of iron and steel weapons for a client of mine. And it just so happens that this client of mine unexpectedly backed out of the deal. So now I find myself with a surplus of weaponry, while you find yourself with a distinct lack of such. Perhaps we can find a deal that will be mutually beneficial?

Felyn: Well, anything you offer must be an improvement over that fool Ralen. Very well. Let us see what you have.

Alusaron (smugly): Right this way.

(The two walk into Alusaron’s shop)

If the player enters Alusaron's shop immediately afterwards, they can witness Felyn saying "Very well, we have a deal. I shall be back for the weapons in the early morning," and leaving. This section probably doesn't need to be too fleshed out, as I feel it would be incredibly boring just to listen to Felyn and Alusaron haggle with each other for 5 minutes, so that snippet of dialog is really just there to tie up loose ends.

Justafan
Justafan's picture
Hoo boy, this one turned out

Hoo boy, this one turned out longer than expected.

Where: Vivec, Hlaalu Canton Plaza, Gadayn Andarys: Merchant

When: After the quest “For the Love of a Bosmer”

NPCs: Gadayn Andarys, Eraldil/Glathel (depending on path chosen)

Dialog:

Dialog 1 (if the player chooses Eraldil):

Eraldil: Gadayn, honey, have you seen my bottle of Sujamma anywhere?

Gadayn: For the last time, Eraldil, you shouldn’t be drinking that stuff while you’re pregnant! It could be bad for the child!

Eraldil: Oh? Well how else can I cope with suffering an oaf for a husband? I swear, if I didn’t feel the way I do towards you, I would get you off your lazy backside and kick you out of Vivec entirely! You would be a better skooma dealer than a merchant!

Gadayn: So what, you would kick me out of my own store?

Eraldil: It might as well be mine, for all the work you do here. When’s the last time you actually sold anything worth more than five septims? I’m eating for two, Gadayn, in case your feeble mind can’t remember. How do you expect to support me with that pocket change you’re making?!

Gadayn: Would you please. Just. Shut. UP?!

Eraldil: Why, you ungrateful, spiteful little man. You’re lucky I even love you, after that pitiful lovesick puppy routine you tried to pull to win my favor. Now that I think about it, I’m not even sure what I even see in you! You’re stupid, lazy, perverted, rude, TERRIBLE! And believe me, this child will be raised knowing that. I know I could never bear to leave you, but I hate even being NEAR you!

Gadayn (to self): Damn that fetcher! “Love conquers all, and this potion conquers love…” The s’wit. 2000 septims I spent on that thing, and for this! What did I ever do to deserve this?! *notices player, says coldly* You. You could have talked me out of this you know. You could have saved me from this…this torture. Now look at what I have to deal with.

Eraldil: Are you talking about me? ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ME?! YOU DISGUSTING BLUBBERING OAF! I SHOULD HAVE YOU DRAGGED NAKED THROUGH THE PLAZA FOR THIS! YOU IDIOT! COWARD! FOOL! I’m going to go for a walk, and when I come back, you had better be ready to repent for the hurtful things you’ve said to me!

*Eraldil leaves*

Gadayn (to player): There. Now look what you’ve done. Let’s make this quick, and then you can get out of my shop.

Dialog 2 (If the player chooses Glathel):

Gadayn (quietly): I know I say this every day, but… I love you, Glathel.

Glathel: I love you too, Gadayn.

Gadayn: It’s strange. Not so long ago, I would have given my heart to someone who barely acknowledged my existence. But now that I have you, my heart and mind are clear. I can finally express my true feelings, to the woman of my dreams.

Glathel: Oh Gadayn, you’re too good to me.

Gadayn: Nothing is too good for you, my dear. *Notices player* Oh! Um, excuse me, dear, I must attend to a customer.

Glathel: Oh. *notices player* Oh! Of course. *To player* You’re the one that first introduced us. I can’t thank you enough for that! But I’m sure you two will want to catch up, so… I’ll just go for a walk for a little bit. Have fun, you two!

*Glathel leaves*

Gadayn (to self): *sigh* What would I be without you… *notices player again* Oh! Um, yes, thanks again for setting me up with Gadayn. Did you need something in particular?

In regards to your most recent idea, Denevir, I'd like to take it on, but I would have a few clarifying questions first. I've been studying lore in my off-time, but there's still a lot I don't know. What exactly would the temple doctrine be saying against vanquishing a Dwemer ghost? I just want to know so I can include that more specifically in the dialog. Thanks!

Yours Truly
Yours Truly's picture
be sure to include idle

be sure to include idle comments before you talk to hentus, full of humor :) great work justafan!!!!!!

Justafan
Justafan's picture
Thanks, Denevir. Here's that

Thanks, Denevir. Here's that scene:

Where: Vivec, Foreign Quarter Canalworks, Jeanne: Trader

When: Halfway during the quest "The Dwemer's Bone", after the Nerevarine is rewarded by Balen Andrano and goes back to Jeanne's shop.

NPCs: Jeanne, Ordinator, Dwemer Ghost (door to Jeanne's bedroom should be locked)

Dialogs:

Jeanne: Please, can’t you do something?!

Ghost (from bedroom, wailing): Dumac!!!!

Ordinator: I am sorry, but there is nothing I can do.

Jeanne: Well, you have a mace, don’t you? Why not just go in there and bash its head around until it decides to go away?!

Ordinator: It is not that simple. Spirits are no trifling manner.

Jeanne: Well neither is my business! This ghost is scaring away my customers!

Ghost: I have failed yooooouuu!!!!

Ordinator: The ghosts of our ancestors must be treated with the utmost respect, for they guard and protect us. We know nothing of Dwemer spirits, though, or the role they play in this world. They mustn’t be disturbed.

Jeanne: And what if I’m disturbed?! I can’t even sleep in that room anymore! How do you think I can do my job if I have to listen to this all day?!

Ghost: The elves, the nords, ourselves… evil surrounds us!!!!

Ordinator: The temple cautions against any interaction with unknown spirits. I am afraid you shall just have to cope.

*as Ordinator leaves*

Jeanne: Please! No… don’t just leave me here… what am I supposed to do?

Ghost: We are slain! All is looooost!!!!

Jeanne: SHUT UP!

Justafan
Justafan's picture
I was doing a little research

I was doing a little research for that Hentus scene, and it occurred to me that the player could also kill or knock out Hainab. I imagine that it would greatly change the outcome of the resulting scene. So is it possible to change the scene depending on the methods a player used to achieve the same outcome?

Don't worry, I wasn't about to post something without including at least a little bit of dialog. So here's a few comic words for Hentus. :)

Where: Gnisis

When: Upon approaching Hentus in the water

NPCs: Hentus Yansurnummu

Dialogs:

*The following are various lines that Hentus can say upon the player’s approach, in no particular order. If the player chooses, they can wait around and hear all of it*

“If I can just get to the bushes over there…Who am I kidding, that would never work…”

“Maybe I can craft some with the reeds…”

“Okay, I’ll grab some mud from the bottom, and use it as protection while I run to the house… no, the mud is too slick…”

“Is that an empty mudcrab shell? That might do in a pinch…”

“By Azura, is that Shulki?! Need a place to hide, quick…”

“Maybe I’ll just let the river carry me… I can’t face my people like this…”

“Perhaps I can just make a dash for it… no, too risky…”

Justafan
Justafan's picture
Thanks! And I wasn't trying

Thanks! And I wasn't trying to insult your idea at all earlier, I just wanted some clarification. In fact, here it is! :)

Where: Gnisis

When: After the quest "Hentus Needs Pants"

NPCs: Hentus Yansurnummu, Hainab Lasamsi

Dialogs:

Hentus (marching up the riverbank): Hainab!

Hainab (sarcastic tone): Yes, my good friend?

Hentus: You stole my pants! Do you know how long I was stuck out there in the river, trying to figure out how to preserve my dignity?!

Hainab: Yes, I saw. It was quite amusing.

Hentus: Amusing?! I was suffering! How could you be so cruel?

Hainab (laughing): Oh, you’re so melodramatic, Hentus. It’s just a pair of pants. Besides, it was funny watching you squirm when Shulki walked by.

Hentus: That’s it! I’m through putting up with you! It’s time you ate your words, fetcher!

*fistfight ensues*

If Hainab wins:

Hainab: Tsk, tsk, tsk… when will you learn, Hentus? You needed someone else’s help just to get your pants back. Whatever made you think you could take me on? Now, we’re still friends, right?

Hentus: *coughs*

Hainab: Good.

If Hentus wins:

Hainab: *cough* That…wasn’t a bad punch…

Hentus: Let this be a warning. I don’t want you messing with me any more!

Hainab (still very sarcastic): Your wish is my command, friend.

Hentus: I’m not your friend.

*As Hentus walks away*

Hainab (muttering): S’wit.

NOTE: I also edited that one line so that Hentus would be saying "By Azura."

Justafan
Justafan's picture
From the way you write, I

From the way you write, I think you'd be better at writing these scenes than you give yourself credit for. :)

Anyways, I simply took the "gods" part out of Hentus's dialog entirely, as nothing really seemed to roll off the tongue. Hopefully that line still works without it.

Here's your slave scene all fleshed out:

Where: Suran

When: After the quest "The Drunken Bounty Hunter"

NPCs: Daric Bielle, Haj-Ei/Hides-His-Eyes

Dialogs:

If the player didn’t tell Daric about Hides-His-Eyes (takes place in the House of Earthly Delights):

HHE: This one has bad news, regrettably.

Daric(in a bit of a drunken stupor): Oh greeeaaat, it gets worse?

HHE: This one managed to track down its slave, who was hiding in the Suran Tradehouse. Unfortunately, it appears that one had left four days ago. This one reason to believe it fled towards Balmora.

Daric: … *you can almost hear the gears dully whirring in his head* …Well did you capture him?

HHE: As this one has said, it escaped.

Daric: …where?

HHE: Balmora.

Daric: …Damn you! Damn all you intolerable lizards! Why do you have to be so damn hard to catch!? I have been working tirelessly, day and night, here in this barren, dirty town, only to have him get away! And now, here I am, lost, without a septim to my name. For nothing!

HHE (quietly): Yes, it was a shame that one wasn’t at Desele’s; it was the only place it looked…

Daric: What was that?!

HHE: This one said it was a shame that it got away.

Daric: …Yes. Yes it was. Now… what was I doing?

HHE: Heading to Balmora?

Daric: …erm…

HHE: To look for the slave…?

Daric: Ah! Yes. Thank you for your help, Hides-His-Pies. Here, have…well, actually, I don’t have any gold on me right now. But… good job.

*Daric leaves*

HHE (to player): This one is gracious for this kindness, friend. This one has nothing to give you. But know that all slaves will always remember what it has done for this one on this day.

If the player turns in HHE (takes place in the Suran Tradehouse):

Daric: Hey, Hides-His –Eyes, I’ve got some questions for you.

HHE: Concerning the slave? Yes, this one was just about to tell you,it may have escaped to-

Daric: How can I believe anything you tell me?

HHE: …what doe it mean?

Daric: I said, how can I believe you? Someone recently pointed out to me that you’re an Argonian who bears a striking resemblance to the one I’m looking for. What is an Argonian even doing as a bounty hunter, anyway?

HHE: Well, this one desperately needs the coin. And this one is more than willing to help if-

Daric: You and I both know I don’t have any coin left to pay you with. So why are you so intent on helping me?

HHE: This one is certain; it escaped!

Daric: Where did he escape to, Haj-Ei?

HHE: To Balmora!

Daric: I knew it! *clamps slave bracers onto HHE* Come on. I think it’s time you were reacquainted with your old master.

HHE: No! It cannot do this! This one cannot go back there!

*As the two leave, they notice the player*

Daric: Thanks again, for all your help. I’m sorry I didn’t believe you at first, this lizard was smarter than I gave him credit for.

HHE: It sold me out?! This one hopes it was worth it. What did that one pay it? One, two hundred gold? Is that what this one's life is worth to it? The slaves will not forget its betrayal.

*They leave*

Pages