Pages

63 posts / 0 new
Last post
SquallyDaBeanz
SquallyDaBeanz's picture
Contributor
Hello again, thanks everyone

Hello again, thanks everyone for your feedback. At this point, there is a fair amount of new content to show off. The first dev video was a good general summary, but maybe now we can focus on individual projects and features. I would like to official begin on a new dev video at this point and have it ready in around 6 weeks, so please plan ahead accordingly. If you will have new work to show off by then, get it ready and grab footage of it.

Tajnarasha
Tajnarasha's picture
Hey Squally, I know

Hey Squally, I know Teslightreturn has some footage for you from the music department. Ask him if he hasn't already reached out to you; it should be some great stuff for the Dev video. 

Also seeing how April 6th will mark the three-month anniversary of the first video I think this is a great timetable to release it and generate some hype :)

SquallyDaBeanz
SquallyDaBeanz's picture
Contributor
Hello again everyone! We are

Hello again everyone! We are about a month off from release, so I need footage as soon as possible. If you can't submit it yet, please let me know WHAT you are going to submit in the next few weeks.

iceflame542
iceflame542's picture
Contributor
While I did send a PM with

While I did send a PM with some crafting footage a while back, there is more to come. I have been rather busy recently, and so have not had time to make much more progress, but I will be releasing more footage of both crafting and of Hirstaang forest landscaping/interiors this coming week.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Well I'd like to see some of

Well I'd like to see some of the landscape, mainly to just tell everyone that instead of building on TES3 that we're also incorporating our own ideas and stuff.

SquallyDaBeanz
SquallyDaBeanz's picture
Contributor
Two weeks. 

Two weeks. 

SquallyDaBeanz
SquallyDaBeanz's picture
Contributor
I'm beginning work on the

I'm beginning work on the video. This has been on the radar for quite some time, so no excuses. If you want you work featured, please send me the files to get footage, footage yourself, and a narration/description. If you will have something to show in the new week, send me a message so I can prepare ahead of time. I want to know what I'm working with so send me what you have and keep me in the loop. I want to release this in about 2 weeks, so the sooner the better. Thanks everyone. 

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
It would be neat to show off

It would be neat to show off some of the tools development.

Ehamloptiran LOD generation, nifskope importer/exporter.

Aerisarn update to nifskope.

Would be nice if Zilav showed update to TES5Edit, just as a reminder of the caliber of coders who have extended Elder Scrolls tools in general. Zilav did some work around the LOD I believe, so that could be a good lead in for showing TES5Edit custom work.

Ormin could show off his collision tool.

Of course this all relies on these authors wanting to do some video recording of themselves, but would be nice to have their time in the sun.

SquallyDaBeanz
SquallyDaBeanz's picture
Contributor
Completely agree, hopefully

Completely agree, hopefully they see this and get the memo. I want credit where its due. 

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
There are several things we

There are several things we want ready before we do a recruitment push (video release), lessons learn from last one.

I want to have a tutorial for caves systems and also a new developer release that has the cave systems in place, so that level designers are clearer on work they can do.

Ravanna needs a couple of weeks to get part of the clothing system in place, with a video tutorial. This is what we can assign "Character Artists" to. Last time we lost most of them because we simply did not know what they could work on.

Something we always miss out on is the animators setup. AlexanderB is simply not around or organized enough to help, so we need a plan, otherwise the slip through our grasp again.

Actually I would like to advertise some specific jobs in the video:

Tech Artists, anybody who has worked with Nifs before, or 3d modelers with experience in working with tilesets to make buildings.

3d artists to make interior tilesets. All the exteriors have been claimed or wip, so make it clear, as everybody of course wants  to do the outside buildings.

Dungeon and House level designers. Cluttering and Navigation meshing.

SquallyDaBeanz
SquallyDaBeanz's picture
Contributor
Last call for development

Last call for development footage, please contact me if you have work to show. 

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Any chance that Ehamloptiran

Any chance that Ehamloptiran and Ravanna (clothings system) sent in something? Will be a shame if they didn't.

Pages